Capture Mode Sticky Bombs; Good or Bad?

serimos6

After playing a recent capture, I ran into a group of really un-happy kids (they were about 14 or at least sounded like it) because I was using "pussy" tactics to win. But what I did (to me at-least) was strategy at its best. In Raid modes where the briefcase is at each teams base, and their goal is to steal the opposing team's, there's a few things you can do to (for the most-part) ensure victory goes to your team.

Just hang back at your base and let the other randoms go ahead to make heroic moves, because while there should always be an offense, their better damn well be a defense too. At the very start of the match, just hop in one of the cars placed around you (wargames is the perfect scenario for this) and park the car next to, or over your briefcase, and stick a good ole' C4 right onto the side. Find some good cover that you can see over, and just sit & wait. Only detonate the C4 when they are about less than 10 feet away from the case of course.

From there you can go on a shooting spree while knowing if any enemy tries to make a quick move to get the case, you can press left on the D-pad and problem solved! And it's not really a cheap tactic, because if the enemy were smart, they'd throw explosives into the area BEFORE running head-first into it. But this usually works wonders because often times randoms aren't really smart enough to think like that.

But what do you guys think? Cheap tactic or smart move?

ghostrider135

Smart move, When the captures were giving 2x RP and cash I always did this, Took alot of people by surprise, Such good fun when they have a mic and don't know what the hell just happened, Shame the 2x ended they aren't worth the time now.

Yeah i just realized they are paying crap now lol, the 22K made a 20 minute game worth it but now not really..

ghostrider135

Exactly I played Townhall Trinity last night not realizing the 2x had ended, $1500 so no chance I was going to call Lester or use any stickies, Nice to see someone else with brains actually plays this game haha.

Don't see how this is a 'pussy tactic', anyone with half a brain cell would blow up the car next to the object and then go in.

Smart move if you ask me

Don't see how this is a 'pussy tactic', anyone with half a brain cell would blow up the car next to the object and then go in.

Smart move if you ask me

Lol that's what's so funny, people hardly ever do that! Even after I have pulled this trick 8+ times on the same team, they have still tried to keep just running for it. Although even if they blow it up and try to run in I'll just gun them down :p

I think the only pussy tactic in capture is putting stickies on objective vehicles. I think the objective vehicles should not be able to be destroyed. They can be messed up so they are hard to drive but not destroyed. It annoys me when i manage to evade getting shot and make it to my base only to get exploded by a bomb that was on it since before i got in.it kind of makes the thrill of the chase disappear if every just bomb traps it. I thought the idea was to kill the driver and steal it for your own team, guess i was wrong. And as for the idea above, nice one.I do it myself and will always throw a bomb near the case when attacking. I don't care if i lose money so long as its fun.

I think the only pussy tactic in capture is putting stickies on objective vehicles. I think the objective vehicles should not be able to be destroyed. They can be messed up so they are hard to drive but not destroyed. It annoys me when i manage to evade getting shot and make it to my base only to get exploded by a bomb that was on it since before i got in.it kind of makes the thrill of the chase disappear if every just bomb traps it. I thought the idea was to kill the driver and steal it for your own team, guess i was wrong. And as for the idea above, nice one.I do it myself and will always throw a bomb near the case when attacking. I don't care if i lose money so long as its fun.

If you play the right missions you will still gain back the money for the ammo you used (including C4) and even have about 5000 more dollars extra on top of that.

That's nice but i don't play for money. I play capture for the thrill of the chase and tactical play. Something that bombing the objective vehicle removes.

That's nice but i don't play for money. I play capture for the thrill of the chase and tactical play. Something that bombing the objective vehicle removes.

But that's exactly what using stickies gives you too! It's extremely tactical when you wait hesitantly behind objects ready for whatever the enemy is going to try to pull, and each time you get them you have to understand that next time they will more than likely come back a different way.

And this post wasn't about objective vehicles, I'm talking about raids here.

In raid there is no problem. Stickies are intended to be used as traps. Its what makes them different from grenades. I see i was a bit off topic but its still about capture so i don't think its that bad. I would like to see a bit more sportsman like behavior in this game. Everyone seems to use the easiest cheapest way to get a job done. Trapping an entryway is fine and makes the enemy have to work for the win. Trapping the objective makes it impossible for them which is not good for those who want a intense match. This doesn't seem to matter in this game as people prefer a dirty win than a close fight most the time.

ashbashbluesfan

I remember 1 game I played where you had to steal buses and take them back to your base.

It was 2v2 and my team mate was useless, I held off as long as I could but there was just no way for me to score, every time I got in the bus they throw sticky bombs at me, 2 guys driving gauntlets against a bus..

These players couldn't shoot at all and I'd say they only won because of explosives.

Same in freemode too, so many rubbish players with hacked rank, only kills they can get are sticky bombs and rpg's which they shouldn't even have, no gun skill anymore.

Smart move, I wouldn't worry about the kids.. probably mad they didn't think of it.

I like capture and tried to join 3 or 4 random ones today and the most people in one was 4 :/ seems like people have gone away now the x2 has ended, unless I just had bad luck tonight.

Smart move, I wouldn't worry about the kids.. probably mad they didn't think of it.

I like capture and tried to join 3 or 4 random ones today and the most people in one was 4 :/ seems like people have gone away now the x2 has ended, unless I just had bad luck tonight.

Yeah it's seriously a roll of the dice with Rockstar's matchmaking servers. There are days I'll get consistently 10+ player lobbies, and then there are days where I'm literally searching an hour for 1 session to join.