GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Should Tank Sniping Be Allowed?¿?

Ai®a©ob®a

118 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think tank sniping will return?

• Yes
    • No
    • I Don't Really Care

Ai®a©ob®a

I believe it should be it didn't hurt anybody except maybe some pride nor did it hurt the game in anyway in fact it was the perfect anti-tank weapon i was just in a session where i many perfect chances to snipe a crew of three from there tanks but because R* removed that so they were allowed to rampage on with no worries.

So should Sniping Tanks be allowed in the game?

Yes or No & Why or Why Not?

&

For the love of god no it won't return if you buy cash cards...

discuss.png?w=256

3aln5uP.jpg

Yeah. It was the perfect counter to Tanks. I don't see why it was removed because it wasn't as if it was exactly easy to pull off either. Tank sniping should be re-allowed, or R* should add a proper anti-tank weapon such as an armor piercing rifle or some sort of SAM missile launcher in a future DLC.

• Like 4

Silver_Wolf

I made a no vote.

Tank Sniping was an unintended part of GTA Online which in my view R* have correctly fixed,

granted it now allows the tank greifers free roam in a public session but I mostly play

privately so I hardly ever see them and I am usually pretty good at picking up if one is

in a public session I join.

I do agree though that for those of you who were good with the sniper (I'm not) it was a

good counter measure given how strong the tank is.

R* do need to possibly bring something into the game to counter the tank and yes I do own

one but have only called it out three or four times and thats because I was pissed off at

the LSPD and blowing sh*t out of them away from other players.

• Like 1

Another day, another thread whining about tanks.

No it shouldn't be allowed. I say this as someone who sniped his fair share of players in tanks and I always found it to be a ridiculously unrealistic glitch.

/thread

• Like 1

GTA-Freak-Vi

No, but there should be an anti-tank weapon to counter it

• Like 4

CheaterMcCheat

I think they should add a launcher just for taking out tanks, unlockable before the heavy sniper but it would have restrictions like no free fire and only locks on to military ground vehicles to make sure it's not too powerful for a low level weapon. Then everyone would stand some kind of chance against tanks.

• Like 1

There are anti-tank measures. Find out where it is and avoid that area. Ignoring the tank works wonders.

• Like 1

AlexSniperBullet

No. especially when a sniper is somewhere far away and scoping you out of your tank. you can't see their body when you scope for them. That's twice the disadvantage for the tank user and consider unfair..

I would suggest an anti-tank weapon or have the jet/buzzard lock on to it with rockets.

Edited by AlexSniperBullet

The key is to get higher than a tank can aim. I just killed one with a grenade launcher and got sent this message

AC4D5991-199B-4609-AD32-BC180228EE93_zps

• Like 5

They should just disable insurance for the tank and keep the tracker. Funny how Rockstar is paying more attention to tanks than people who lost valuable stuff to the games glitches.

SirPhilMcKraken

No because it was not intended to be part of the game as people have said. Why would the sniper be able to penetrate tank armour? Just no. And armour piercing ammo would be too OP if its just intended for a tank.

I wonder if people on this forum actually think before posting sometimes :miranda:

Anti-tank measures, sure why not. Also the ability to lock onto one with aircraft missiles would be good. It is far easier to shoot a buzzard out the sky with a tank than the other way around.

• Like 1

Also the ability to lock onto one with aircraft missiles would be good. It is far easier to shoot a buzzard out the sky with a tank than the other way around.

In terms of fairness, you should really be able to lock onto anyone (regardless of vehicle) within range.

SirPhilMcKraken

Also the ability to lock onto one with aircraft missiles would be good. It is far easier to shoot a buzzard out the sky with a tank than the other way around.

In terms of fairness, you should really be able to lock onto anyone (regardless of vehicle) within range.

I don't know, that would make it too easy to keep spawn killing someone with the Buzzard. What I would like is the ability to turn the lock on thingy off. Locking onto cops all the time is damn annoying!

Rare Echelon

I don't think they'll re-implement an un-intended workaround again. But in its absence, a powerful anti-tank/anti-everything weapon (like the Davy Crockett) would be welcome. As would the Hunter/Napalm, when they decide to bring that into the game.

In terms of balancing, that's absolute bullsh*t haha

prestonchan

I dont have a tank and I have that skill so....

I rather hope we have some guided rocket with long ass cool down/ reload time to fight against tank.

Don't really care. If I feel the urge to do something about any tanks I do it in a Lazer. I usually just ignore them though.

Edited by JiNX77

I don't know, that would make it too easy to keep spawn killing someone with the Buzzard. What I would like is the ability to turn the lock on thingy off. Locking onto cops all the time is damn annoying!

I've lost a couple bounty hunts due to the Buzzard being impossible to aim with only to have some random who has put no effort in to claim the bounty. Maybe not on unbountied players but I think definately on those with bounties. Make the chase a bit more of a challenge.

In terms of balancing, that's absolute bullsh*t haha

Given your lack of constructive input and reasoning, I will discount this contribution.

LightningLord

How about stop being a lazy sniper and get a P-996 Lazer? It's a pretty affective choice to take out tanks.

IcOqQpq.gif

I like the idea previously posted about the tank having an actual weak spot so you could snipe them, but not in a game breaking way like it used to be.

The Other Mr. Runner

No, but like a lot of us have said, implement an anti-tank launcher.

I don't know how people can sit on top of a rooftop and snipe someone who's on the other side of the city (who should be well out of the draw distances range) say it's 'fair'. It's just as bad as being in a tank in my opinion.

They've got less chance than somebody who's on foot.

No, but like a lot of us have said, implement an anti-tank launcher.

this, the tanksniping was a decent counter to tanks

but it didn't make a whole lot of sense and was kind of buggy

it's kind of strange we have this state of the art tank yet the only anti tank weapon is an RPG from the 70's

give us a javelin or something goddammit!

Edited by Zwenkwiel
  • Like 1

uptownrockstar

Twankers gonna twank

Tank sniping was bad ass. And you could do it from ground level from around three blocks away, if you understood the art! Me and my crew prided our selves on tank sniping "griefers". Now it's red October(tank wars) all over again. THE GAME IS UNBALANCED WITH OUT IT.

who wants to go half across the map and back to get a lazer.

And why are tanks online in the first place. IT'S TOTALLY UNREALISTIC IN A "URBAN" CRIME SIM.

Me and my crew sent our tickets to rockstar on thesubject. I can only hope those who are in favor of tank sniping well do the same!

Edited by uptownrockstar

Did they remove it? I haven't even noticed. I tend to leave a session if I run into a tank these days. Actually, last night I was in an invite-only session for my entire time on the game and it was wonderful.

I did love sniping tanks. That little weakspot balanced it out perfectly, you had to be a pretty good shot to hit it but it meant that nobody was invincible. Now... tanks can rampage all they like. Why would they remove the weakspot? I thought it made a lot of sense, it was even kind of realistic to have a panel on the tank that wasn't as reinforced as the rest of the armour.

What next? Tanks becoming immune to RPGs and grenades/sticky bombs? I honestly wouldn't miss tanks if they were removed from the game altogether. At least make them insanely expensive ($10million should do).

I like the idea previously posted about the tank having an actual weak spot so you could snipe them, but not in a game breaking way like it used to be.

game breaking? you must be trolling

I don't know how people can sit on top of a rooftop and snipe someone who's on the other side of the city (who should be well out of the draw distances range) say it's 'fair'. It's just as bad as being in a tank in my opinion.

lol deal with it

lol deal with it

It's been removed. You deal with it.

lol deal with it

It's been removed. You deal with it.

as long as i can still nuke pvs with my tank and not pay for it im happy :)