Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,025 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Imaginev6

Anyone else extremely bored with this game?

reform

I turn the radio off. I know it seems asinine but not hearing the same repeating events on the radio every five minutes is a nice change. As always if you feel your interest fading go back and play older/new games for a week or so and come back. This wont work forever but it should do the trick in prolonging the game.

I recently went online and noticed some players were on there that i had previously met. They asked if I wanted to do some activities and instead of a variety they just proceeded to play Rooftop Rumble, again, and again, and again. Needless to say I backed out. I would have to say, the game needs more content, more interiors and activities imo.

Yeah, R* really could do with reviewing the $ and RP payouts of some missions relative to their difficulty and time to complete.

No, payout should be level based. High level players have higher expenses so every mission should have substantial pay-out for high level players (no less than 10k a job, no more of this 4-7k bullsh*t). Cap the increase at level 120 and then have it plateau out.

Just saying "No" shows a lack of understanding the problem which my idea is inteded to resolve. Your idea tackles a related, but seperate issue.

I actually agree with level-based payouts, but if the payouts are scaled up from their current values, or if all payouts are the same at any given level, you still have the same problem of the missions with the best time/ease to pay ratio becoming the only missions people play.

The issue remains that some missions have payouts either above or below what would be a reasonable payout for the time, or difficulty of the mission. The only way to fix that is for R* to review all payouts and amend them to be relative to the mission. After that, then by all means, scale up these NEW values with player level, as long as the mission dificulty is also scaled up to match the player.

s13racer316

This game is so repetitive. All I find myself doing is driving around seeing what people are up too. Nothing else to explore, no where to enter, lack of customization. Any ideas what I can do? And does anyone else feel this way?

It helps playing with friends, having any kind of imagination, or in-game goals. It's a sandbox, go play and do what you want. Don't rely on the game to hold your hand so much.

hercules1975

I recently went online and noticed some players were on there that i had previously met. They asked if I wanted to do some activities and instead of a variety they just proceeded to play Rooftop Rumble, again, and again, and again. Needless to say I backed out. I would have to say, the game needs more content, more interiors and activities imo.

Yeah, R* really could do with reviewing the $ and RP payouts of some missions relative to their difficulty and time to complete.

+1!

Rooftop Rumble should only pay out 50% of what it does, you only have to kill about 15 professionals and drive for 2 minutes to complete the mission.

Compared with how long it takes to do The Los Santos Connection, Docks To Stock, etc. it shouldn't pay out that much.

Stick Up The Stick Up Crew is another example, you can kill over 50 goons and have to drive a slow truck further for less than half the payout!?

Mr Fyn666

Not bored at all here and have been playing since day 1 or was it day 9 once i could get out of the opening race lol

I have 2 characters, male at 109 and female at 49, they both have 10 car garages with different cars and they both have different completely different personalities so every day is different

This game is for imagination and as been said before it is a sand box, dont expect it to hand hold you through years of fun.........

Myoyoy

no

PkUnzipper

I just switched back to Traditional GTA lobbies.. I gotta say it's refreshing to have full races/jobs again! Both of my characters are 110, so I don't see myself going back to Free-Aim unless I want to get some Deathmatch and Capture games started up. They really need to give us the option to switch without going back to SP.

Anyway... Any games you found yourself playing again??

I just started playing Halo Reach, Fallout 3 and New Vegas again... can't believe they're still addicting after all of these years. :O

Been alternating playing these with Skyrim since quitting GTAO earlier this year.

RPGs: RDR, & older TES vintage games like Oblivion. Might return to Morrowind, but will check out the Skywind DLC on that first.

Action games: Mafia II (and all the DLC), GTA SA, GTA IV, and SR 2

I wish R* had ported RDR to the PC though. :/ The creative mods the fanbase would have made for that amazing title would have been EPIC.

DaTwista

The game has a lot of content in already, despite the fact that the last proper DLC was released in the beginning of March. Capture creator is not content.

Stuff that puts the players off is the constant freezing which forces players like myself into invite only sessions. It's not much fun there. Then the constant time out errors and being kicked from lobbies.

I would be happy with no content for the next two months if I could play the existing stuff without these errors. I spend more time in error and loading screens than actually online at this point.

Edited by DaTwista

the_kid311

Ive been bored rofl im sorry my imagination isnt as vivid as others who continue to play this game

Biohazard Abyss

I just switched back to Traditional GTA lobbies.. I gotta say it's refreshing to have full races/jobs again! Both of my characters are 110, so I don't see myself going back to Free-Aim unless I want to get some Deathmatch and Capture games started up. They really need to give us the option to switch without going back to SP.

Anyway... Any games you found yourself playing again??

I just started playing Halo Reach, Fallout 3 and New Vegas again... can't believe they're still addicting after all of these years. :O

GTAIV

Been playing its multiplayer and also finished TLAD for the 3rd or 4th time.

Untitled-2.gif

Edited by Biohazard Abyss

THE GHETTO JEZUS

Yup, I've got bored if GTAO about 2 weeks after it got released. Just never really bought into it as it was just like a GTA version of CoD. Little 8 year old's bitching at you in there squeaky ass voice, f*cktards bitching at you, the no life gamers that got to rank 100 less than a week, ETC. SP on the other hand I'm still playing every now and then since I want to get 100% through out the game but GTAO ........................ I actually enjoy going back to IV / TLAD / TBOGT and playing it's online than V's.

But yea, I lost interest in GTAO because it was just like CoD ( IMO ) and with the sh*tty engine that's being used for V, topped it off for being one of the worst online experiences ever.

Biohazard Abyss

It's most certainly nothing like COD, but is not as good as GTAIV's online, even though the online has more content than IV's.

Quality > Quantity

PG.

I don't have as much fun with GTA V pvp as i did with IV's. Probably because of the stats (KDR, etc) and losing money and ammo when you die made it less fun in free mode (even though I am no griefer but the pvp in IV was fun)

Hector Tavares

Nope. Still having a blast 7 months later. I enjoy offroading, cruising, exploring, role-playing as cops, missions, street racing, golfing, cycling, Tanks vs cops, etc. I could go on and on.

To keep from being bored I jump on GT6 for clean spec-racing with a few buddies, the same buddies I hang out with civilly on GTA.

I will continue to support GTA Online in the future, as I enjoy playing it and always look forward to each and every update for the ever-so-expanding world of GTA Online.

teh_g

I'm bored with the amount of crashes tbvh.

sash2k4plus

It's most certainly nothing like COD, but is not as good as GTAIV's online, even though the online has more content than IV's.

Quality > Quantity

Facts.

QuornSausages

Nope, have quite a lot of fun still.

Only game that I can just pick up and play for hours in the evening.

am30

Quality > Quantity

Facts.

Opinion.

Twin Turbo

Sort of. When other players actually co-operate and have fun instead of mindlessly murdering everyone in sight, the game is a lot of fun. However, that happens very rarely and getting blasted by 99% of everyone I meet is getting a little stale.

grand theft spaghetti

Join a good crew. It makes all the difference in the world. http://qotd.boards.net chill folks here

its still the exact same boring ass game as before. im in a good crew, ranked in the low thousands, and only 5 people still play the game. you cant have any fun without either the cops killing your crew nonstop or random players voting to kick/reporting your crew. just having a few crew mates in one session makes low ranked little kids cry. rockstar better do something fast besides sell cash cards or their dynamic, ever expanding game changer will be dead by the end of the year.

you cant keep replaying the same things over and over and still get the same level of enjoyment. maybe if they increased the rewards on missions. nobody wants to put in the time to do other missions when rooftop rumble is two minutes long and pays out double what most 20 minute missions pay out.

Edited by ijustcameheretobeeotch

Purple_Eclipse

Instead of DLCs with new cars and weapons, why not focus on adding new stuff to the map?

PkUnzipper

Do something different then free roam then.

Precisely. Although it would appear that the OP recently became aware of just how repetitive and superficial in nature gaming in FM has rapidly devolved to.

And especially since it appears the OP has finally realized that not a damned thing going on in FM in GTAO today. Other than typically having to encounter--and/or suffer--15 other completely unimaginative players. Whose sole concept of gaming in GTAO has been reduced to a completely paranoid CoD mindset.

The most creative thing I've encountered in FM to date, is players slapping unprovoked bounties on you within seconds of you spawning inside your safe house. I guess this tactic is a griefing one, so as to block your char from going into passive mode when they first come online. Thereby trying to force you to play their mind numbingly boring PvP way of playing the game. But I've now come to suspect it's really because it gives their chars an excuse to un-petrify themselves and actually MOVE about the map--so they or other players like them can stalk/grief you.... :lol:

IMO all I've seen players do in FM to date, is standing around doing absolutely nothing. They only move to attack other players who have unwittingly ventured into their piece of turf. But I have to give it to the more ambitious ones though. They will move to attack other players or passives with the misfortune of driving within 3-4 blocks of their "hood" :lol:

PkUnzipper

Instead of DLCs with new cars and weapons, why not focus on adding new stuff to the map?

This. I'd really, really, REALLY appreciate DLC stuff like

1. Solo and team exclusive underwater based missions. Just like the only one they did back in SP where Micheal does that underwater stint to start the heist. I want to see extremely challenging, underwater missons that would require the use of the sub to go BELOW CRUSHING DEPTH to obtain an important object (like a brief case from a plane wreck etc). Missions like this would come from Lester and/or Madrazzo. The payout on these should be high, at least $10k+ for a single player. And up to $20 -$25k per player if playing as a team. Missions like these should only be high difficulty---no easy way opting out--and limited to level 35+ players.

2. Watercraft based missions. i.e. missions exclusively based on the water which do not require the use of land base vehicles at any stage of the mission. At most, the mission would be staged on an island which is accessible only by water. So your char would have to swim or boat or fly in to access land based portions of these if any. The water has to be the 2nd largest area of the map in GTAO. And by default, the SINGULARLY MOST UNUSED ASPECT OF THE MAP IN GTAO.

3. Air to water based missions. It would be great if R* could add a Naval destroyer (like back in SA) and give us the ability to LAND jets, hovercraft, and other air craft on the deck of these ships. Just like we could back in SA.

4. Water leisure based activities. To ad infinitum -- scuba diving, buying a fishing rod at the beach pier and being able to FISH DIRECTLY OFF THE BEACH PIER OR FROM THE BEACH, SNORKELING & FISHING OFF YOUR f*ckING $$$$$ YACHT, using the sub (to get collectibles, foodstuffs) aka perls, clams/crabs/lobsters/fish, aka SEAFOOD you could collect to eat later in a firefight--I don't give a f*ck what this is---and/or let your char make money by selling seafood to the grocery stores.

This would give you another reason to visit the grocery stores besides robbing them blind FFS. Or sell the junk you collect scuba diving/snorkeling to the non-existent storefronts on the beach pier. Add a bunch of frigging interactive markers that would let you do this--the same way the convenience store currently works. And oh yes----selling sh*t at that fishing wharf in Paleto Bay where you get the sub in SP.

I don't know who is responsible for comming up with the creative DLC content at R* tbh. But with each DLC release, I've becoming increasingly convinced it's being run by a bunch of monkeys. The upcomming heist DLC had better fricking live up to its long promised gaming experience.

Edited by PkUnzipper

Reemer

There is nothing for me to do when none of my friends or crew are on.

§†rāngė

this

Edgelord

I don't have as much fun with GTA V pvp as i did with IV's. Probably because of the stats (KDR, etc) and losing money and ammo when you die made it less fun in free mode (even though I am no griefer but the pvp in IV was fun)

I never thought I would ever agree with you but you are 100% right about this.

Edgelord

GTAO is pretty boring without updates and the game becomes alive only with DLC doses every now and then.

Give us GTA V Multiplayer finally!

GTAO is going to die the next moment Rockstar dedicdes to stop adding content..

Edited by psycho_realm747

Saliva

Don't play it as often anymore. When I do try to play, about half of the time its a real tedious ball ache to get the game to work. Time out, Cloud server down, Sound chopping in and out, Picture blacking out, there is always something going wrong.

HOFFA

I'm looking for people to play GTAV with as it's no fun alone

abnorm

consider playing with friends or join a crew as that's a major part of online. I swear you'll be loving this game as the activities you can do with them is unlimited.

i would be playing it a lot if it wasn't for my game constantly freezing. the struggle is real....

Is Ariana Grande your idol?

SUPAH JD

Not bored at all here and have been playing since day 1 or was it day 9 once i could get out of the opening race lol

I have 2 characters, male at 109 and female at 49, they both have 10 car garages with different cars and they both have different completely different personalities so every day is different

This game is for imagination and as been said before it is a sand box, dont expect it to hand hold you through years of fun.........

...Not everyone wants to role-play.

A game shouldn't have to tell you to "IMAGIIIIIINE" especially when it's GTA.

Infact, I'm a guy who likes to think imagination isn't a problem. It's the lack of things to be creative with in GTAO. I mean, I tried to be. For awhile, it worked. My face is a green skull, and I run around in a top hat sometimes, because I wanted to be some kind of creative super hero. It doesn't work. The community is filled of morons who shoot first and it's all about money.