GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Cover and Lock On Mechanics

CyborgZombieJesus

CyborgZombieJesus

I know there is already a topic for crying about problems but this one should be separate, so that Rockstar will hopefully notice.

The cover mechanics need to be fixed. I have been killed more times than I care to mention, by noobs and police because of my character constantly exiting cover when I have not pressed the button. It is the most frustrating thing about this game. Also, when they gave us the option to change friendly attack priority why didn't they also give us the option to change police attack priority. Again there have been many times when I'm battling out with players, we are surrounded by cops. Guess what? Instead of locking on to the player it locks on to the police, then the player gets his kill. This is also really annoying and has to be fixed. I know I'm not the only one who has these problems. So Rockstar, We would really appreciate it if you looked into these problems, which aren't the only ones instead of constantly bringing out new content, which in turn brings more problems.

By the way. I am grateful for the new content. Love my Jester and Capture but the cons sometimes outweigh the pros.

You better prepare to be swarmed by Free Aim Elitists who will moan at you for being in auto aim lobbies

But yeah I agree with you about this.

• Like 1

You better prepare to be swarmed by Free Aim Elitists who will moan at you for being in auto aim lobbies

I'm a free aim elitist and I can confirm.

STOP CHEAPING OUT AND PLAYING ON AUTO AIM AND MAYBE THEN YOU WON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH BROKEN LOCK ON.

Shoot the police. People have this thinking that they can just ignore the police. No, you have to kill them too. And in most cases you have to do it before you can kill your real opponent.

Tactics and strategy prevail over running and gunning. Especially in free roam battles.

I would like a crouching mechanic. "Stealth" mode doesn't even count in the slightest, nor is it practical.

• Like 1

I know there is already a topic for crying about problems but this one should be separate, so that Rockstar will hopefully notice.

The cover mechanics need to be fixed. I have been killed more times than I care to mention, by noobs and police because of my character constantly exiting cover when I have not pressed the button. It is the most frustrating thing about this game. Also, when they gave us the option to change friendly attack priority why didn't they also give us the option to change police attack priority. Again there have been many times when I'm battling out with players, we are surrounded by cops. Guess what? Instead of locking on to the player it locks on to the police, then the player gets his kill. This is also really annoying and has to be fixed. I know I'm not the only one who has these problems. So Rockstar, We would really appreciate it if you looked into these problems, which aren't the only ones instead of constantly bringing out new content, which in turn brings more problems.

By the way. I am grateful for the new content. Love my Jester and Capture but the cons sometimes outweigh the pros.

rockstar doesnt read these sh*t forums lol

Maybe not, but you do lol.

CyborgZombieJesus

Yeah they do, that's one of the methods they use to hunt the cheaters, hackers and glitchers. They are constantly reading them as to gain more feedback on the game other than the information given to them directly.

I'm a free aim elitist and I can confirm.

STOP CHEAPING OUT AND PLAYING ON AUTO AIM AND MAYBE THEN YOU WON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH BROKEN LOCK ON.

I also like playing on free aim lobbies the thing is my friends don't. I like to stick with my friends so your point is moot and bears no significance also to SP where the same problems occur. Also I would like to mention that you are no elitist. Just look at your stats... laughable.

Comandante-Olle

You wouldn't have that problem with the aiming if you leave the PvP too Deathmatch. No cops.

And you earn cash and rp.

Or you could use a tank, no aim lockon there...

Even if R* reads these forums, they're ignoring the wishlist topic(s) and troubleshooting section. They only take problems if you post to their Support section on their website. They have their own place to acknlowedge problems, they don't go around every GTA forums there is on the net and look who has issues. :p

As for your issue (I play freeaim now but I understand your pain), my tactic was to get used to switching quickly targets by using the right thumbstick. I would go in cover, shoot the threat that was the most problematic at the time (be it the player or the many cops). Also, practice rolling. Rolling detaches the lock-on your enemy has on you...which doesn't work with the cops so don't roll around them. But a good roll will save you everytime if you can roll, aim and nudge the stick up for a headshot. There's also some that do the counter-roll where you roll and they roll a second after. These guys are bitches. Best use for them is to wait until they roll or use an auto-shotgun while they're rolling. Or Rocket Launcher. So a nice roll will get that player off you for a second and away from the cops. Don't try to take on a player and cops at the same time, find cover instead. Also, you can use that new (but expensive) No Cops ability from Lester. Let the player deal with the cops and you take easy shots. I've yet to try it (useless and expensive) so I'm not really sure how it works around cops.

Hope that helps, if any.

Hold down aim half way. It will manually aim and you can aim where you want to shot instead if shooting cops

I don't understand why people keep trying to talk to Rockstar on a website that is not run by or affiliated with Rockstar in any way.

Yeah they do, that's one of the methods they use to hunt the cheaters, hackers and glitchers. They are constantly reading them as to gain more feedback on the game other than the information given to them directly.

Where in the world did you get that information? Pretty heavy info for a guy who has been here for a week.....

Good to see you like free-aim, if you're on 360 & want some new free-aim friends, shoot me a PM

Cheers

Yeah I don't know if they are as invested in these forums as cyborgzombiejesus thinks..

Zak knows what's up....

OP, News flash!, they're not, like at all, interested in this FAN-MADE AND RUN website/forum.

I find these problems slightly annoying, though I can usually work round them.

More annoying is when you shoot someone , then the game decides to spawn them right next to you! I've lost count of the number of times a player has spawned less than 10 feet away from me. I'd like that fixed first.

Guy complains about auto-aim, yet he plays in auto-aim. Logic states he shouldn't be in auto-aim...