GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

2nd character as back up.

Grimase

I just had an idea, not sure if its been said before tho.

Why not give us the ability to "summon" our 2nd character as back up? They could be like hired goons but better cuz u made them.

Of course they would have their limits, like they would pretty much only look like ur other character but everything else about them would be the same as any other npc. But you can have them ride around with you and they will provide back up (hopefully their aim will be as spot on deadly as the cops) in a fire fight.

Then in the future if they let us have a 3rd or 4th we can "summon" them as well and be like our own little wlaking armies.

"Now hold on a second, we can't have people running round with all theirs characters it would be crazy." Correct and it would be fun I'm sure but i know it aint that easy. So i'm coming to you guys to help me flesh this one out some more.

I'm thinking it can be like a lester call which would cost a few grand at least maybe close to 5 digits.

Questions:

Should they be on a time limit or health thing?

What kind of weapons could they use?

What lvl would they be?

How often can u use them?

My answers:

I would say a little of both. They can have a set time limit and when it ends they would then start to take damage until they are killed.

Should be standard, maybe you can chose what gun they use or better yet when they show up you have to give them one of your guns. This way you can taylor their weapon to meet your needs.

Maybe their lvl could be based on your crew ranking.

Well lets say $20,000 gets you a 10 minute window but after the time runs out they would start to take hits and their health lvl would also be based on your crew rank..

These are just some idea, let me know if it sounds cool or not.

Hope i made sense.

• Like 2

I quite like that idea, even though my 2nd character is rank 6 and about as much use in a firefight as a chocolate teapot...

• Like 3

JenniferLawrence-OkaySure.gif

Wow you can surf the web alls by your self now huh? What a good boy u r.

I quite like that idea, even though my 2nd character is rank 6 and about as much use in a firefight as a chocolate teapot...

It's a great idea, but my second character is a moron and would only get me killed.

Not if they had that uncanny NPC aim. I mean they wouldn't be rambo's but they would at least be able to take out a few guys here and there. Even if at most all they did was draw fire away from you. That could be handy.

LoA-Phantom

Really good idea, I think the second character should just be rank based though

Solid Scorpion

We should be able to switch between them in the d-pad down menu too.

I don't need to switch to Michael, Franklin or Trevor in online, so make it a online char wheel.

• Like 2

The Real SpitKing

I had this same idea the other day. Would be an awesome feature imo.

NorthwindJME

With limited weapon access. I can't say I'd like the idea of mini-gun/RPG armed followers. ARs and shotguns are bad enough.

AceThaCreator

Yea sounds good and all but im not quite sure if my toons would get along but hey nothing brings people closer than the almighty dolla.

SkymnäsWolf

my idea:

Missions:

would be awesome if you could call in the help of your 2nd character on a mission.

Would make the mission easier;

If they die; it will count as a death,

Split the RP between the characters

if you die and there are no lives over; you switch to your living character.

In freeroam:

call 2nd character. They arrive on the last 2nd character PV the character used. (their PV can't be impounded)

if they die, you have to pay the hospital bills;

they will follow your character; shoot on targets you shoot and defend themselfs.

If your friendly fire is on low; Crew members and friends can't lock onto the 2nd characters.

Races:

they act as NPC's from SP as rival drivers. So you never play "alone"... However for the pay out it will still count as if they didn't play along.

Edited by ivarblaauw
  • Like 3

With limited weapon access. I can't say I'd like the idea of mini-gun/RPG armed followers. ARs and shotguns are bad enough.

Thats why i said you'd have to give them weapons. This way you would have to rebuy or find any weapons you give to them. But i see your point.

my idea:

Missions:

would be awesome if you could call in the help of your 2nd character on a mission.

Would make the mission easier;

If they die; it will count as a death,

Split the RP between the characters

if you die and there are no lives over; you switch to your living character.

In freeroam:

call 2nd character. They arrive on the last 2nd character PV the character used. (their PV can't be impounded)

if they die, you have to pay the hospital bills;

they will follow your character; shoot on targets you shoot and defend themselfs.

If your friendly fire is on low; Crew members and friends can't lock onto the 2nd characters.

Races:

they act as NPC's from SP as rival drivers. So you never play "alone"... However for the pay out it will still count as if they didn't play along.

Good ideas, see this could work if it was planned out right. I know noone here works for rockstar but this still seemed like a good place to work out the kinks b4 submitting it to R*

• Like 1