GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Killing Friends Of Friends...

Ai®a©ob®a

121 members have voted

1. 1. Should R* make it so we will know who are friends of friends?

• Yes
    • No

Ai®a©ob®a

Have you ever been playing with a friend when one of yours or theirs join the game and all the sudden they get into a shooting match before you can tell each other they are friendlies?

R* should do something about this so we can recognize friends of friends who join the session and come to play with us so we know who is who.

I'm sure there is something they can do to address this issue

3aln5uP.jpg

I agree. Been into these shootouts where I accidently kill my fellow crew members friends a lot of times.

Maybe color the blip itself blue (and not the outline as for friends)?

fGvIGuc.png

Bongsquirrel

Yeah would be a good addition to the game as it has happened to me many times.

How about light blue for friends of friends and dark blue for friends? They'll have to darken the current blue though.

• Like 2

signature500x-e1644500940546.png

Silver_Wolf

This is actually a good idea, never really gave it much thought before that somebody

else in a session might be a friend of one of my friends.

Hopefully might be something they consider in future.

Ai®a©ob®a

This is actually a good idea, never really gave it much thought before that somebody

else in a session might be a friend of one of my friends.

Hopefully might be something they consider in future.

Yesterday i was playing with a friend of mine and at first we all got along until this guy came out of no where and started messing with us then all the sudden they started killing me or running me over despite the fact she told them several times to quit killing me but it wasn't until they killed me at least 5 times each.

Or at least give us the option to not be able to aim at friendlies

3aln5uP.jpg

I'm all for it. It just happens too often that you are killing friendly's without realizing.

Same could be used for friend's crewmembers.

Maybe it could even be made so that you also put a temporary blue on someone while in session. Way to many times have I forged short term alliances with people to fight some other people, only to accidentally shoot eachother.

ghostrider135

This needs to happen, I got into a session and a friend of a friend blew my PV sky high so I spawnkilled them for the pleasure, How were we both to know straight off the bat ?. Safe to say I don't think our mutual friend was best pleased.

LonerStoner97

Yeah, there needs to be a certain colour around there blip, so we know there frendlies.

I don't see why not. I've had this happen to me endless times (killing my best friend's other friends).

good idea.Once I killed a guy who is a friend of my friend.When I learned it,I sent a message to my friend like: "Perdon :) ". I put :) instead of :( ,that felt really bad

Ai®a©ob®a

3 people voted no but didn't give there reasoning...

but probably just voted no just to vote it

3aln5uP.jpg

LogScottWood

I voted 'No'. It should remain an anonymous free for all. Shoot first, ask questions afterwards, like the true spirit of thanksgiving.

Ai®a©ob®a

I voted 'No'. It should remain an anonymous free for all. Shoot first, ask questions afterwards, like the true spirit of thanksgiving.

Yeah well your avatar needs a haircut!

3aln5uP.jpg

Yes.

Happened a few times now and it can be a little rough trying to smooth out if you don't have a mic/use a mic.

iz5LICs.gif

I was thinking about this the other day... easy to do too, another colour in map represents friends of friends, I think it would be incredibly handy if we could identify potential friendlies before descending into war with them

RIP Rockstar Games

1998 - 2021

Shootinalloveryourface

I've done this so many times. Caused many a shoot out.

I voted no on two reasons.

One being Rockstar has a system in place being the crews. If your friends in real life, more often then not you will be in the same crew.

Secondly, it could just be all blue arena. Say I have 3 friends in the game. Those three have a few friends each. So in the end it's the same situation as you have to shoot ya friends friends

WTFThisIsntWii

Yes.

Happened a few times now and it can be a little rough trying to smooth out if you don't have a mic/use a mic.

I think I may be guilty of this, I have a message in my inbox from you that says don't kill him he's crew.

SecludedMemory

I don't know why anyone would vote no. I can't think of a single time I've been in a server where this has happened where everyone involved didn't end up clearing things up - the only issue being it usually takes a couple minutes and phone texts to figure everything out, but once it is it ends with good times with a group of people.

I voted no on two reasons.

One being Rockstar has a system in place being the crews. If your friends in real life, more often then not you will be in the same crew.

Secondly, it could just be all blue arena. Say I have 3 friends in the game. Those three have a few friends each. So in the end it's the same situation as you have to shoot ya friends friends

There's only room for so many crews, and not everyone wants to join someone's crew every time they meet a friend of a friend. If I did that every time I met an acquaintance of a friend that I played with I'd be in a few dozen crews by now. I also can't add a person to my friends list every time I play with someone because my friends list has been full for over a year now. Ever since I've been playing GTA I've struggled to make room for every new person I add, having to go as far as picking out people I haven't played a game with in a long time and delete them to make room (which I actually feel bad about). Even if people joined a crew every time they wanted someone to show up on the radar the actual blip would only be colored when both of you have that set as your active crew.

But this isn't a discussion about crews, this is a discussion about me not wanting to shoot someone who knows someone on my friends list. Just because I don't want to shoot them doesn't mean I want to be in the same crew as them, or even add them to my friends list - it just means I want to be on the same "team" as them for that particular free roam session. Just because USA and Russia were on the same team in WWII doesn't mean Russians wanted to join the USA crew at the time - they just didn't want to shoot each other.

Improve Red Dead Redemption's blips and implement it please.

Edited by SecludedMemory
  • Like 3

LogScottWood

Yeah well your avatar needs a haircut!

Ric Flair needs a haircut like you need to make a thread that doesn't include a poll.

Scary Éire

We definitely need something like this, I also don't have enough room on my friends list to add every friend of a friend, and I hate when I get caught up in a freeroam battle & end up killing friendlies coz I didn't recognise them in time.

Ai®a©ob®a

I don't know why anyone would vote no. I can't think of a single time I've been in a server where this has happened where everyone involved didn't end up clearing things up - the only issue being it usually takes a couple minutes and phone texts to figure everything out, but once it is it ends with good times with a group of people.

&

Also sometimes that friend of your friend drives away to do something and when you come back you may not realize it's him and shoot him again as you can't see there gamertag until they need you.

• Like 1
3aln5uP.jpg

Miss Malevolent

Sometimes they know you're a friend of a friend and kill you anyway. I think most times it's on purpose and then you get the, "oops sorry my bad" which is code for..."I just got done padding my K/D but don't kill me back cause we share a common friend!"

So, it may cut down on some, but not all of the confused killing.

Scary Éire

Sometimes they know you're a friend of a friend and kill you anyway. I think most times it's on purpose and then you get the, "oops sorry my bad" which is code for..."I just got done padding my K/D but don't kill me back cause we share a common friend!"

So, it may cut down on some, but not all of the confused killing.

yeah you're probably right, there are bound to be a few "friendly" fire incidents. As for me I'd genuinely want a feature like this as I don't give a rats about my lame K/D ratio and I don't want to kill friendlies. Any feature that lessens this has got to be welcomed in my opinion

My code is if my friends friend so much as looks at me funny or an aggressive manner, yeah he's getting shot it the face.