Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,781 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Gutslab

The sh*t car thread

Choymz

show_shines2nds.jpg

126993717a2757277011b646688875l.jpg

Moth

The middle of those is clearly a piss-take.

Unlike, for instance, these:

1767453152a6.jpg

I don't really see a problem with this one. I don't like the orange but the rest is fine.

Also, this topic is missing the Dragon Vette.]

39069334039_large.jpg

dragon.jpg

fail_corvette_paint_job18.jpg

That's the same poor Corvette.

Edited by Moth

sivispacem

rsi08ll_car_2.jpg

Those are OEM, they're post-facelift rear lights from 2009.5+ cars. They look to have been smoked but they're actually standard in terms of pattern. In fact that last one you've posted looks to be a completely standard Supercopa- K1/BTCC kit with corner exhausts rather than a single central one and post-FL.

I quite like them, even smoked. Not so much that I'd replace my existing pre-FL ones but if one were to get broken I'd probably swap both to post-FL.

SouthLand

rsi08ll_car_2.jpg

Those are OEM, they're post-facelift rear lights from 2009.5+ cars. They look to have been smoked but they're actually standard in terms of pattern. In fact that last one you've posted looks to be a completely standard Supercopa- K1/BTCC kit with corner exhausts rather than a single central one and post-FL.

I quite like them, even smoked. Not so much that I'd replace my existing pre-FL ones but if one were to get broken I'd probably swap both to post-FL.

Sometimes it's hard getting the picture you want from Google Images, but yes the last picture is the Standard SUPER COPA lights.

OffTopic, ¿Do you own a Seat Leon?

sivispacem

Yes, I've got a Mk2 TFSI Sport. Basically an FR but without the Cupra body kit. Few small modifications so far, intend on running it and tweaking it for a couple of years.

epoxi

Yeah, I like the blacked out LED lights, they aren't in your face and add to the car if they have a good finish.

The only cars I have seen pull off Altezza lights (other than the Altezza/IS itself) are the Honda Prelude and Mistubishi Lancer...but even then they were red on black, and I can't even find pictures of the designs I'm thinking of, only these monstrosities:

prelude922cchrome-1small.JPG

:(

Edited by epoxi

gear999

fx8d4n.jpg

What has been seen cannot be unseen :ph34r:

TheGoodSgtScooter

fx8d4n.jpg

What has been seen cannot be unseen :ph34r:

Vomit Skyline Vpuke 10.0

sivispacem

Clearly a joke. Sadly, there are some people who think that something similar to that is appealing. Just no.

Gutslab

Yeah, I like the blacked out LED lights, they aren't in your face and add to the car if they have a good finish.

The only cars I have seen pull off Altezza lights (other than the Altezza/IS itself) are the Honda Prelude and Mistubishi Lancer...but even then they were red on black, and I can't even find pictures of the designs I'm thinking of, only these monstrosities:

I've always seen Altezza lights on pickups and sh*t like Chevy Tahoes, it's weird.

Moth

I've always seen Altezza lights on pickups and sh*t like Chevy Tahoes, it's weird.

Well they did come standard on the previous version of the Yukon Denali.

armored-yukon-denali-19.jpg

epoxi

That's just offensive.

Well they did come standard on the previous version of the Yukon Denali.

armored-yukon-denali-19.jpg

That's just offensive. It would add at least $2,000 to my perceived value of the car if they were simple Tahoe lights.

Edited by epoxi

Carlover325

I would take a Tahoe over the Yukon anyways. The front end of the Yukon is just weird.

2010-gmc-yukon-denali-2wd-4-door-angular

t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m

9gag company car:

4chancar2.jpg

OmegaEvolution

I will try to get pictures of these two cars at a later date but there is a man where i live who is a it of a recluse and he has had two cars parked on the local market carpark for years and he has let them rot and rust to unsalvagable states.

One is a white Mark 2 Jaguar and the other is a Rolls-Royce Corniche. It's very sad to see them in such a state, especially the Rolls as it's covered in mold .

Edited by OmegaEvolution

Gutslab

zPDf0pS.jpg

2nIwMWY.jpg

(just to clarify, the Impala itself is a great car but this one is in pretty bad shape :/)

Edited by pokemon4ever

RoadRunner71

Holy crap! A Ford Tempo? I heard that they all had vanished from the face of Earth...

Beautiful Chevy, I hope somebody takes care of it and puts it back in good shape!

Gutslab

I'm in a small town and still see a lot of second gen. Tempos around.

6QiVUEb.jpg

Now the first gen. Tempo...I can't remember the last time I saw one of those.

RoadRunner71

I find those cars certainly interesting, like what a futuristic car had looked back in their time. Parked near where I live there usually is a white Ford Sierra GL, the European equivalent of the Tempo.

ford_sierra_laser_5-door_1.jpg

I will try to get some pictures the next time I spot it, though it's in decent shape. Do we have a classic car thread?

Gutslab

It looks good. I only knew about the base Sierra model and the Cosworth/Merkur. There was apparently a Tempo GL too but the front end is obviously different from the Sierra GL.

esBLuvX.jpg

The Mercury counterpart was the Topaz.

cNLxgxZ.jpg

f0zWPJG.jpg

Only slight visual differences, as seen in the rear lights, trim and the quarter window. Both also had a Coupe version.

I don't know if there's a classic car thread but they might fit better in a 80s-90s car topic.

Edited by pokemon4ever

RoadRunner71

80s-90s... they will be soon classics;)

Ugh, that second generation is really dull, they look quite generic in my opinion, especially the Tempo... Anyway, what about a broughamized version of the Topaz?

2014-04-10_12-19-30_411.jpg

By the way, I think that the Tempo was named Ghia in South America. Coincidentally came across with it while looking pictures of another "Ghia" car...

Edited by RoadRunner71

SouthLand

Just why?

se-vende-seat-131-tuning_2fbe10d132_3.jp

Either this is a Toyota MR2 Ferrari Kit or he is just to stupid...

IMG_8160.jpg

Very Gypsy:

28173d1220642997-chipi-truning-imagen009

Someone decided to make his car look like the Spanish police... He is an idiot since he is going to get pulled over most of the time...

peugeot_307_guardia_misil_tuning-1.jpg

Some Gypsies from Andorra:

3Seat-Leon-Tuned-1-3rd-Maxi-Tuning-Show-

Edited by SouthLand

Gutslab

80s-90s... they will be soon classics;)

Ugh, that second generation is really dull, they look quite generic in my opinion, especially the Tempo... Anyway, what about a broughamized version of the Topaz?

By the way, I think that the Tempo was named Ghia in South America. Coincidentally came across with it while looking pictures of another "Ghia" car...

'Broughamized' Tempo looks sh*tty haha. I like how most of these images are from the junkyard.

RoadRunner71

No wonder why;)

Someone decided to make his car look like the Spanish police... He is an idiot since he is going to get pulled over most of the time...

peugeot_307_guardia_misil_tuning-1.jpg

Jesus, that's awkward. Back when I was in primary school, gipsies had a yellow Renault van, modified and with flames painted on it. Hilarious. I haven't seen it for years.

Edited by RoadRunner71

RoadRunner71

Double post, sorry.

First off, this.

30bza5u.jpg

acsgp4.jpg

p3e5h.jpg

Second, few American beaters in the Middle East.

7946174062_40245bdc00_c.jpg

7951525082_7e43bd45f4_c.jpg

7663103062_dc3a140e45_c.jpg

Gutslab

Nice, I've seen that guy's flickr before I think. That Thunderbird makes me depressed. Is the one below the video a Chrysler Newport?

RoadRunner71

Nope, a Buick Electra.

7946174962_163bde36e1_b.jpg

Been looking this guy's flickr gallery and Saudi Arabia seem to be full of rusted out full size American cars... Sneaky Pontiac Catalina...

7828206056_bcebbc8b08_b.jpg

And more full size Pontiacs. Bonneville and Parisienne respectively.

8600474436_76003dd8bf_b.jpg

8599375437_df71c53c4f_b.jpg

Gutslab

yea that's interesting. There seems to be a ton of older American imports in the middle east. I visited India two years ago and it was nothing like the atmosphere seen on that guy's flickr lol.

I tried to find more info. about this and came across an article from 1980 which offers more insight

http://www.csmonitor.com/1980/0630/063045.html

Edited by pokemon4ever

RoadRunner71

Good find :^:

"The average life of a car in Saudi Arabia, considering heat, dust, road conditions, and the driving habits of motorists here, is estimated at between two and five years.

[...]

Car maintenance and repairs are expensive due to a shortage of mechanics. highways throughout the kingdom are dotted with rusting abandoned cars."

Lol at the "driving habits of motorists" part, no wonder why most of them are in so deplorable condition.

I've just reminded when I went to Libya, there was some town full of old American trucks; Chevy, GMC and Dodge. It was quite a big surprise considering all you see were rusted out Peugeot utes and Japanese vehicles. I will post pictures tomorrow :^:

RoadRunner71

As promised yesterday, here are the pictures I mentioned. I took them in some town in the interior of Libya called Tazerbo, if I recall correctly. They all seem to be from the early 1980s, I wonder how did they originally end up there. They look so worn down yet they kept running.

4iwq.jpg

wfet.jpg

bgsf.jpg

84cx.jpg

^Is it me or that isn't the original bumper?

ldia.jpg

The first time I was in country around 2005 or 2006 everything was full Peugeot pick ups like the next one (picture not mine, is from a movie or something).

i434480.jpg