GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Fat PS3 started freezing consistently when playing online since last p

YogurtStorm

YogurtStorm

Hey guys, anybody else experiencing this issue?

Since last patch, my Online game either

A) Hard-freezes after 15 minutes of gameplay

B) Get stuck in an infinite loading somewhere

I can play Online perfectly on my friend's Slim ps3, but on mine it is unthinkable.

Prior to patch 1.12, I rarely experienced such issues.

YogurtStorm

Thanks GTA_Girl, I did do this and the same issue arises. It seems that, just before the freeze occurs, I either experience severe framerate lag or start to see textures dramatically lower in quality.

Bongsquirrel

I had these same issues even worse couldnt play at all but yesterday I bought the digital version and now I can play again=) It works like a dream now and even the loading is much faster. No lag and not a single freeze the whole evening.

• Like 1

YogurtStorm

I had these same issues even worse couldnt play at all but yesterday I bought the digital version and now I can play again=) It works like a dream now and even the loading is much faster. No lag and not a single freeze the whole evening.

Thanks Bongsquirrel, i'll resort to that if the issue isn't resolved by itself soon

Hmmm ok then, I'm not 100% sure. Did you have these issues before this update? It's so frustrating when all you want to do is play and u have to contend with this! I'm not sure what else to suggest. I'm not sure what your circumstances are but if it came down to it, I would perhaps buy the digital and trade in your hard copy disk. Either way hope it works out for you :). Edit sorry re read it's only been since this unstable update ;/

Edited by GTA_Girl84

maybeanotherone

haven't been freezing myself, but i still see groups of people get disconnected at once.

witnessed it happen to a friend and he confirmed it froze for him.

it's random

haven't been freezing myself, but i still see groups of people get disconnected at once.witnessed it happen to a friend and he confirmed it froze for him.it's random

Yeah this happens to me too -_-

It's been bad since 1.11 came out, also the fact the whole northern hemisphere is approaching a warm Spring/Summer so some could be heat issues. More so the fat PS3. Pull it apart and remove the dust etc and re-paste the heatsink's worked on my old fatty for Gran Turismo 5.

OmegaEvolution

If it's the glossy PS3 then i would highly suggest restoring the file system and rebuilding the database, you'll have years worth of build up of corrupted files that are clogging up your system.

Also i echo what others are saying about the patch having freezing issues and dust collection.

Edited by OmegaEvolution

Thanks GTA_Girl, I did do this and the same issue arises. It seems that, just before the freeze occurs, I either experience severe framerate lag or start to see textures dramatically lower in quality.

Literally the SAME exact thing is happening to me. Every one in a while as I'm driving, the road will be blurry and off-level where my car is literally half way into the ground, and then it freezes. Sometimes it happens when there's no apparent lag to warrant a freeze. Just a second ago i froze in a lobby and the radio was still playing perfectly fine. No idea what's going on all of a sudden.