Fog

FranklinDeRoosevelt

FranklinDeRoosevelt

Is this in the game? Because I just started online and was playing rooftop rumble and noticed FOG!!! :O

I'm pretty sure that wasn't in the game before.

2d2q1k.jpg

Fog has been in the game as far as I can remember. It drove me crazy when trying to do the flight missions for Trevor's gun running.

R2z2IPX.png

FranklinDeRoosevelt

Wow, I've never actually seen the fog before.

2d2q1k.jpg

Are we talking about fog or smog? Unless I'm blind, I've never noticed a GTA IV style fog in V. Even using the weather cheat in V, there's no fog option. I have however, seen it get damn smoggy sometimes, which can kinda resemble a light fog.

Aaron030792

I've noticed it for a while now. You can't get it in the weather cheat, it just occurs unexpectedly.

In my experience, it's always gone foggy shortly before rain or a thunderstorm, similar to GTA San Andreas weirdly enough.

FranklinDeRoosevelt

I definitely saw proper fog after downloading the 1.12 update. I think they're trying to add more dynamic weather systems through updates, maybe.

2d2q1k.jpg

I definitely saw proper fog after downloading the 1.12 update. I think they're trying to add more dynamic weather systems through updates, maybe.

I'm a bit excited now - we are talking about story mode too, are we?

FranklinDeRoosevelt

I don't know about SP, I experienced proper fog in online. So this should be working for SP too!

2d2q1k.jpg

Yes. I remember going to the top of Mount Josiah to watch the FZ UFO with the sniper scope. I tried to find the bunker in FZ as a reference but I couldn't because the fort was covered by fog >:U

Are u guys talking about dynamic fog? I've seen fog but it spawned with a distance of the player, not around him. I borrowed gta v to a friend so long in favor of lending Skyrim. Boy what a beauty that games weather is!!

FranklinDeRoosevelt

No I saw it properly yesterday. It was around the whole city. You couldn't even see anything past 200-300 yards properly.

2d2q1k.jpg

I've been having Fog in SP for a while now, more often than the natural thunder storms...

I've got a save, since about 1.08ish iirc (but I've seen it before that), where I'm on a buzz just above FZ ufo and after I leave the area, there's always fog all around the map (land and sea) bellow some altitude (I haven't tested to check the exact fog height limit though, but surely it's not smog).

Edit - This SP save game of mine grants me some 5 ingame fog hours

Edited by EramVerdes

Yes, it's always been in the game but kinda rare to see in always sunny California.

I found it when I did the weather cheat to play in the snow, only to see fog suddenly come up. Did end up running into it during a session of Coveted back in February

spacer.png

aww God I f*cking miss GTA5 :( (and i cant get a new copy until October) hopefully will WD make me forget about this beautiful game for a while until the aforementioned month :)

OT:I havent play the game for 3 weeks due to my GTA5 disc getting unreadable and corrupted by the Sh*tbox but playing the game for 5 months (since release day) until the incident,There have always been fog in SP although it not everytime due to the Superb sunflare and sunny weather in Los Santos (God i really want to play the game the more i talk about this) lol.

Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Ah, that would explain why I've never seen it then. I don't have a Live account. So I'm playing on the original recipe 1.0 version.

Fog has been in the game from launch if im not wrong, but now it foggy like f*ck, i cant see sh*t when im driving, i drive into poles and sh*t, fog is daa sh*t lol its fun

arstdfyhujik

One time when i was stunting around in tje desert, and took a plane to LS there was some kind of orange smoke.

canadianwingnut

If noone has ever seen the fog, just start a mission where the use of an aircraft is needed. There will be fog.

Fog has been in the game from launch if im not wrong, but now it foggy like f*ck, i cant see sh*t when im driving, i drive into poles and sh*t, fog is daa sh*t lol its fun

Makes my rooftops TDM much better, as it involves sniping and aircraft.

ChillerVapes

Yes, there was an absolute pea-souper last night. Really messed up my sniping, it did.

I had the same thing!

maybeanotherone

all weather variables from SP seem to be in MP now.

nothing as bad as trying to fly at night during christmas snow.

They added Fog around Xmas time... Along with new sky boxes.

Edited by Vooodu

Does this answer your question?

0_0.jpg

Fog has been in the game for a while... I took this 6 months ago

Edited by TheMcSame