3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

Official GTAV Whine and Complain Thread

PatrickJr.

On 10/26/2022 at 12:21 AM, ddarko12 said:

People will white-knight for them, come up with wild justifications, and use any mental gymnastics they can dig out from their ass. The reason for anything Rockstar does that seems sh*tty or half-assed is money. Simple as that.

I remember some guy online tried to tell me the unsynced fire rates for automatic weapons was my frame rate being low. Really shows you how much defensive fans like to act stupid on purpose.

• Like 2

The previous posting here has been edited by myself for hindsight.

Never underestimate their greed. Anything they could've done would've made a lot of money, but nothing would've made as much as GTA:Online so that's why they stuck with it and made it their #1 priority. It's just business, or what happens when the ones in charge prioritize maximizing profits over anything else, which is why quality suffered. People will white-knight for them, come up with wild justifications, and use any mental gymnastics they can (...)

If you take into consideration that their undertakings have, in several regards, a tendency to be reaching far, it would amount to denial that, in a commercial market economy, there would not have to be a certain focus on a balance of expenses and incomes. As for content which is not present, it seems a bit simple an answer to me to relate it to the above mentioned only, and not to take into consideration aspects such as the architecture of the game, the platforms that it runs on and their limitations, and not least what seems like an aspiration for additions to blend in at least somewhat cohesively. It also seems simple, which again is formulated mildly out of courtesy, in an environment of cross dependencies, to claim errors to singularly be attempts to reduce costs.

And those who purchase game currency or packages containing properties and vehicles, in my view it has to be viewed and acknowledged as decisions of theirs. A decision to option for a kind of convenience, even though it would be possible to achieve the same, over time, through playing the game, including taking advantage of rewards? However, people tend to have varying amounts of time available, and from almost ten years of experience as an observer, I would think that I can say with confidence that nobody ever is forced to make these purchases. A somewhat different situation it might be in regards to those who like to collect rare items respectively items intentionally, and one could say capriciously, offered during a limited time and sometimes with certain requirements to be able to participate. It can take a lot of time to find a player in the position and willing to invite one to participate. And so this may indeed introduce a certain amount of pressure to some to make a purchase, with an emphasis on some.

Edited by xaml
  • WTF?! 2

On 8/30/2013 at 11:17 AM, Polish_Trucker said:

I'm going to complain about III H1TMAN III disliking coffee.. I mean it's better than boring tea, isn't it? http://media.gtanet.com/gtaforums/images/html/emoticons/whatsthat.gif

I must have missed this comment back then, but who in the flying f*ck do you think you are that you can just go on and say absolute bullsh*t like that? COFFEE BETTER THAN BORING TEA?? BORING!!??

I hope you choke on your coffee, you uncivilized buffoon. 

mastershake616
On 11/11/2014 at 4:10 PM, MrVance said:

what next gen? GTA 6 will be released on this gen, current PS4/XBOX ONE gen.

Ahahahaha

• KEKW 2

• 3 weeks later...

I played first GTA V before GTA IV, and I think this is my biggest gaming mistake Ive ever done.

Gta V gives me sour taste in everything. Things that are stupid in V are already perfected in IV .

Still dont know why this happens, I think they made everything dumber, easier was just to hit Xbox 360,PS3 release and dont go under 30 FPS .

For example, in GTA IV I crashed in trash can. That can hit people sitting in front of restaurant knocking chairs and tables, and these npcs just get up and walks away. Try this in GTA V and everybody will be dead because of slight movement of chair.

Also I dont understand why throwing grenades from car is like baseball, when in IV is perfectly logical. And why every car on road explode after one grenade, its like gta:sa logic. In GTA IV its pretty realistic...

There is really need for another GTA in steps of gta iv, because V aged really poor.

• Like 2

dominancepaine

Hey all.

Not sure if this has been brought up or not (not wanting to pour through 183 pages). Anyone know why we can't buy more than one garage property in the single player game? I would love to get a few garages, just to play around with modding cars and storing them. Also, how are we supposed to generate enough money to buy the golf course?!

Thanks all!

Edited by dominancepaine

Super Grunt 281
On 11/30/2022 at 3:39 PM, Ondr4H said:

And why every car on road explode after one grenade, its like gta:sa logic. In GTA IV its pretty realistic...

Because explosions aren't programmed to deal damage according to the target's position, apparently the function is there but it's disabled.

Lock n' Stock

Is anyone still pissed to this day that North Yankton was never made into a fully-explorable map? Could have easily been done, especially as an expansion (Christmas themed?) for GTA Online or a Fargo-inspired single-player expansion. Unfortunately, R* never even bothered because they're lazy f*cking pricks.

I mean, just look at this wasted potential.

Ludendorff-GTAV-Montage.webp

Edited by Lock n' Stock
  • Like 5

23 hours ago, Lock n' Stock said:

Is anyone still pissed to this day that North Yankton was never made into a fully-explorable map? Could have easily been done, especially as an expansion (Christmas themed?) for GTA Online or a Fargo-inspired single-player expansion. Unfortunately, R* never even bothered because they're lazy f*cking pricks.

Thats Rockstar logic for you, wasting hundreds of hours for map(Or any interiors in GTA V) just be used like for 15 minutes at stretch. And then proceeds to fix exploit where people actually get there in online instead of Online hackers threats. Whats even icing on cake, North Yankton have police dispatch lines(But dispatcher is from LSPD), there was full map on Rockstar Social club... There was probably plan to use it more, or they have chaos in programming.

Im already betting, we are getting like dozen of islands in GTA 6 . Perfectly modelled and just be used in few mission, all restricted afterwards.

Just look at Guarma in RDR2, they "fixed" how people find route to it in singleplayer. I once remember there was word fun and sandbox in Rockstar Games...

Now its-You opened left part of double doors instead of right part, mission failed.

On 12/4/2022 at 12:12 AM, Super Grunt 281 said:

Because explosions aren't programmed to deal damage according to the target's position, apparently the function is there but it's disabled.

260 millions dollars to make GTA V, they hit 0 instead of 1 and never interested to fix it, so explosions looks like from Looney Tunes for whole decade.

Edited by Ondr4H
  • Like 5

Lock n' Stock
3 hours ago, Ondr4H said:

Now its-You opened left part of double doors instead of right part, mission failed.

The handholding/railroading in R* missions has been all too common since at least RDR, but I especially hate that sh*tty objective/medal system that penalises you for not playing the mission EXACTLY the way they want you to. Yeah, I didn't get 50 headshots with a silenced-pistol without taking a single bit of damage in 2 minutes and 27.4295 seconds, so f*cking what? Piss off R*.

Edited by Lock n' Stock
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lock n' Stock said:

The handholding/railroading in R* missions has been all too common since at least RDR, but I especially hate that sh*tty objective/medal system that penalises you for not playing the mission EXACTLY the way they want you to. Yeah, I didn't get 50 headshots with a silenced-pistol without taking a single bit of damage in 2 minutes and 27.4295 seconds, so f*cking what? Piss off R*.

I hate RDR2, because this game consist of two separate games. One is unpredictable freeroam and other is missions with everything on rails.

I dont even think of GTA6. Definitely, Im not thrilled like I used to be not after GTA V and RDR2 missions scheme.

• Like 1

Lock n' Stock
1 minute ago, Ondr4H said:

I hate RDR2, because this game consist of two separate games. One is unpredictable freeroam and other is missions with everything on rails.

I dont even think of GTA6. Definitely, Im not thrilled like I used to be not after GTA V and RDR2 missions scheme.

I love RDR2, but I admit it's got issues. Still prefer it to GTA V any day tho.

GTA VI I'm cautiously optimistic about (the leaks had me interested if nothing else), but the way R* have been lately, it could very well end up being complete sh*t.

• Like 3

why the f*ck did they not add moodymann music to singleplayer

• Bruh 1

NightmanCometh96
On 12/5/2022 at 1:54 PM, Lock n' Stock said:

I'd be a little more understanding of the time limits specifically if cutscenes didn't count towards the "Cleared mission in XX:XX" timer. I get that the system is probably meant to encourage replay value and repeat playthroughs, but why should I be penalized for wanting to watch the story unfold and going for the gold on the same attempt? For my second playthrough of V, I remember going out of my way to make a quick save right before starting each mission and reloading said file immediately after the introductory cutscene finished. It's just extra work for no reason. (I don't remember whether cutscenes counted against you in TBoGT/RDR1/CTW, though.)

Although I absolutely adore the game, I didn't even bother trying to score gold medals in RDR2, and I don't see myself reconsidering that any time soon. Not only is the aforementioned cutscene timer issue still present, but you also have to achieve every single objective during a single attempt. Worse still, if you dare to retry a mission via the replay option, you're limited to the laughable health/stamina/Dead Eye stats and weapon load-outs that Rockstar provides for you. (As much sh*t as I give the medal system in general, at least V lets you use your save file's current stats/weapons on retries, as well as allowing you to complete one objective at a time if need be).

Edited by NightmanCometh96
  • Like 2

So, more stupidity today.

Took a hangar mission, shoot down some planes to get the cargo.  They just keep flying further and further out to sea (meaning it will be impossible to get the cargo when it falls in the water), so eventually, even though they've never once shot me, my plane just falls apart and I die.  I respawn and instantly fall apart and die.  Now I'm on the shore with no plane, and three jets shooting missiles at me constantly.  My homing missiles appear to be tracking the moon or something, not one ever hits anything anymore.  I mean EVER.  The homing launcher is the most worthless weapon in the game now.

Eventually, I get to spawn my Kosatka's Sparrow, and I take out two of the jets.  The third chooses to ram me, so I die again, and the cargo falls in the water.  I call my Kosatka's dinghy, but the second I grab the cargo, two helicopters materialize from thin air and hit me with missiles.  I respawn, and manage to get running before they can kill me again, and run for Fort Zancudo and my hangar.

I get ashore, and shoot down the helicopters... but two more immediately appear from thin air and missile me.  I respawn, and get immediately missiled again.  I respawn (ever further away), and a JET materializes from nowhere and missiles me.  Respawning, I go to the beach where the cargo is and shoot down the helicopter... which crashes ON the cargo and destroys it.

Mission failed.

I mean... REALLY?  Are they making these missions specifically to piss people off?

(Oh, and why was the Bitch and Moan thread renamed to Whine and Complain?)

Homicidal Hipster

Why in the c*nt f*ck do heist setup missions play such a prominent role is this haggard ass G.A.M.E f*ck 

I heard a lot people say that GTA IV car handling is bad, but I would call GTA V handling total clown fest.

Firstly car car be controlled mid air, this is some trackmania . This will be fun if there isnt instant explosion as reward of slightly bad landing.

Second all cars have moon gravity, every small jump and decent speed means cars flies into space. Seriously, and this is flying under radar almost for everybody.

Third best car in offroad, is every supercar and offroads are struggling.

You cant make sense out of nonsense...

Edited by Ondr4H
  • Like 5

This is a minor thing but why is there no option to leave car engine on as you step out. Also peds should be listening to Self-Radio. It's all about immersion.

Edited by ants567
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ants567 said:

This is a minor thing but why is there no option to leave car engine on as you step out. Also peds should be listening to Self-Radio. It's all about immersion.

I think they are leaving engine running aka if  they are in combat mode.

Rockstar is definitely weird, they are programming combat fast movements and classic slow ass movements. But main police car have written "police" till release date...

Rockstar muh realizm! Muh moneh

Friedlander is coming to Online. Great.

All of these SP characters returning in Online is just sad.

• Like 3

Only a very minor nitpick this.

Automatic gates seem to be a little broken on the Series version (or at least in mine), obviously they normally open themselves when you're within a certain distance of them but since I've been playing the 'new' version I have to drive up and literally nudge/crash into them for them to open.

Even if I sit an inch in front of them nothing happens until I actually make some contact with it.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2022 at 11:29 AM, Lock n' Stock said:

Such a damn shame this would of been a awesome SP DLC GTA online ruined everything.

• Like 2

On 12/5/2022 at 11:40 AM, m0rkv2 said:

why the f*ck did they not add moodymann music to singleplayer

rare rockstar W

• Like 2
  • YEE 1

On 12/13/2022 at 11:09 PM, STNeish said:

(Oh, and why was the Bitch and Moan thread renamed to Whine and Complain?)

Check again, this is GTA V, not GTA Online. The B&M for Online is here.

Edited by Rotorhead359

• 2 weeks later...

never understood the vehicle damage. why can't i turn citizens into wall pancakes with a ram-equipped cerberus

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/1/2022 at 6:40 PM, xaml said:

The previous posting here has been edited by myself for hindsight.

And the reason for this strictly being that the complaint posted here was a relatively close adaptation of a message sent to what is referred to as an administrator. A message which was never responded to, by the way. And, you know, why bother if you can, what do I know, polish popularity badges handed over to oneself by oneself. Nevermind.

When I climb Mt. Chiliad with the wanted level, a police car comes down the road from the top of the mountain.
Why are there police on the mountain? Were they ordered to make an emergency dispatch while hiking?

• Like 1