4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Official GTAV Whine and Complain Thread

PatrickJr.

On 7/19/2021 at 7:10 PM, The Tracker said:

You must hate every Rockstar Open World since GTA IV then.

Gta IV still offer fair fights with gangs or police. Game not punish you so hard for car crashes.

I quit playing GTA V for first time with anger, when I had police chase and my car started burning, I jumped from car but I almost died and I lied down for many seconds, then police car stopped and they shotgunned me...

Im not counting times when my car exploded from fall.

GTA:SA one of fun was driving with car on top of Mt. chilliad then jumped and watch insane stunt bonus cash. There was even ramp on top and bike and two cars(?).

Mt. Chilliad in GTA V, there is really no point to get here with car at all.  Instant explosion If you tried some fun.

Sad is that these small crazy fun factors vanished, but at least SR offer these kind of mindless fun. Remastered SR3 is closest thing to GTA:SA fun and beyond.

On 7/19/2021 at 7:30 PM, Ondr4H said:

Gta IV still offer fair fights with gangs or police. Game not punish you so hard for car crashes.

I quit playing GTA V for first time with anger, when I had police chase and my car started burning, I jumped from car but I almost died and I lied down for many seconds, then police car stopped and they shotgunned me...

Im not counting times when my car exploded from fall.

GTA:SA one of fun was driving with car on top of Mt. chilliad then jumped and watch insane stunt bonus cash. There was even ramp on top and bike and two cars(?).

Mt. Chilliad in GTA V, there is really no point to get here with car at all.  Instant explosion If you tried some fun.

Sad is that these small crazy fun factors vanished, but at least SR offer these kind of mindless fun. Remastered SR3 is closest thing to GTA:SA fun and beyond.

The problems with GTA V have nothing to do with realism, but the fact that many of its gameplay decisions are pretty unbalanced. GTA IV was more realistic, yet ironically, the fun-factor was stronger: No overpowered enemies with Terminator accuracy, no bare-bones damage system, no insta-explotions, no insta-deaths for everything, no unbalanced wanted system, etc, etc. 

Edited by The Tracker

Eugene H. Krabs

It doesn't keep me up at night or anything, but I wish Johnny's death wasn't a cheap one merely added in for lame shock value. It wouldn't have been hard for him to go out with an epic gunfight or something.

Plus, R* could've at least given us a proper reason to hate The Lost other than just "Oh...well...The Lost are suddenly in the west coast for absolutely no reason other than reducing them to punching bags, because...uhh...they used to be really badass, and...yeah".

60017 Silver Fox
On 7/19/2021 at 6:10 PM, The Tracker said:

You must hate every Rockstar Open World since GTA IV then.

Not at all. I just like how the older GTAs that give you that "Go on, have a blast! See what happens when you do something stupid" type of feel. With V (i'll ignore RDR2) I get the "Have some fun but be careful, theres only so much fun you can have" feel. Like how doing a stunt and failing could explode the car without warning because it landed awkwardly or clipped a boulder. I've rarely experienced that in the GTA games i've played. Especially not SA where I was launching god knows what from Chilliad into the air and crashing them into the mud.

Even making money in V I felt was hard to enjoy. I was playing as Michael trying to get the most expensive and final building but since I was clueless with that stock exchange (probably still clueless today) the only thing I felt I could do to earn money was Taxi service which was boring but okay until you made a wrong turn and suddenly exploded because you rolled off the hillside and then spawned at the hospital with $5000 taken out of the account. In most other GTA games, there would be multiple ways of making money. Hell, in Vice City the businesses you owned did that automatically while you played.

Thank god I had three protaganists and all had plenty of money. I never got that last building though.

Edited by 60017 Silver Fox
Fixing a sentence error.

On 7/19/2021 at 8:22 PM, 60017 Silver Fox said:

Not at all. I just like how the older GTAs that give you that "Go on, have a blast! See what happens when you do something stupid" type of feel. With V (i'll ignore RDR2) I get the "Have some fun but be careful, theres only so much fun you can have" feel. Like how doing a stunt and failing could explode the car without warning because it landed awkwardly or clipped a boulder. I've rarely experienced that in the GTA games i've played. Especially not SA where I was launching god knows what from Chilliad into the air and crashing them into the mud.

Even making money in V I felt was hard to enjoy. I was playing as Michael trying to get the most expensive and final building but since I was clueless with that stock exchange (probably still clueless today) the only thing I felt I could do to earn money was Taxi service which was boring but okay until you made a wrong turn and exploded because you rolled off the hillside with no prior warnings and then spawned at the hospital with $5000 taken out of the account. In most other GTA games, there would be multiple ways of making money. Hell, in Vice City the businesses you owned did that automatically while you played.

Thank god I had three protaganists and all had plenty of money. I never got that last building though.

You should read my previous comment. The things you complain about are not "realism" or "movement" issues.

Edited by The Tracker

60017 Silver Fox
On 7/19/2021 at 7:23 PM, The Tracker said:

You should read my previous comment. The things you complain about are not "realism" or "movement" issues.

Yeah, my apologies for that. I didn't see the other post you made, just the one I got a notification for (all it said was that I must really hate post IV's open world games) I just responded to it then added my own little rant about my experiences and views on the game that were unrelated to movement and realism. Didn't see the one you posted while I was still trying to think of what to type.

I'll try and get it back on the right track and say that I felt in terms of realism and movement, I felt that the police were definately to good with their aiming accuracy, the ragdolling from the euphoria physics didn't feel as enjoyable compared to IV and I thought the steering in V was often too kind to the player whereas in VI it was too heavy and slid to extremes.

CynicalMexican
On 7/19/2021 at 9:59 AM, 60017 Silver Fox said:

I feel similar. With GTA V (single player - no internet) I feel that the game doesn't want me to have fun because of its "realistic" movements and behaviour. In the PS2 games it felt like there was always something to do and if you didn't want to do it, you could "make up your own fun" by doing some wacky and ridiculous things. San Andreas was a goldmine for fun things whether it was just causing mayhem, exploring mindlessly and discovering new things or manipulating the cheats to make it always night for endless burglaries or making an invincible tank spin violently out of control then making it bounce like a beyblade/pinball into every nearby building in Los Santos until it flew out of bounds and made the game lag to near-crashing. (for those interested, you used a health cheat when entering and re-entering a tank in a way which made the tank invincible then spammed the speed up time about four or six times. Then you hold the button to make the tank move its turret to its furthest extent (L2 or R2 back buttons I think (could be the L1R1 but can't remember), either one as long as its held down) then spammed the turret firing button whilst holding the R/L button and also holding left or right (analogue stick or direction buttons) so the turret blasts "topples" the tank and sends it bouncing and spinning out of control and later into the atmosphere).

V on the other hand feels like I can't do anything even remotely outrageous and to make it worse I get punished with a -$5,000 (if I remember right) if I die because the game decided my car was going to explode when hitting a boulder just because. Its like the game doesn't want me to have fun so i'm reduced to bare bones gameplay like taxi runs (the only way I can make money with some enjoyment and even thats limited) and limited firefights because of how the game operates. And the cops are ridiculously overpowered at times which isn't fun for me at all.

This is why I prefer Watch Dogs 2 over GTA 5, a large reason why.

WD2 had so many things to f*ck around with. You could call gangs to assassinate civilians, call the police, instigate fights between factions, hack bank accounts, interact directly with peds, or just walk around the city and let everything play out in front of you because the world is so detailed. So many times it feels like the world reacts to other things other than yourself.

Not to mention the many collectibles that are well hidden so you explore the map more, variety of side objectives (including a Taxi pickup where you try to impress a dare devil chick with crazy ass stunts), and the different ways you can play; do you want to take a pacifist approach? Go ahead, pass the story without killing a soul!

Yes, I'm a fanboy. Yes, I'm not the biggest fan of GTA 5. But there's something... restrictive about GTA 5. Almost like the game is telling you, "you play our way or not". GTA 4 was more realistic but I oddly never felt this vibe. RDR1 definitely didn't feel that way either.

• Like 6

Darealbandicoot

Can't hold back your lovin got removed. It begins 

• Like 2
  • excuseme 1

On 7/20/2021 at 3:19 AM, CynicalMexican said:

This is why I prefer Watch Dogs 2 over GTA 5, a large reason why.

WD2 had so many things to f*ck around with. You could call gangs to assassinate civilians, call the police, instigate fights between factions, hack bank accounts, interact directly with peds, or just walk around the city and let everything play out in front of you because the world is so detailed. So many times it feels like the world reacts to other things other than yourself.

Not to mention the many collectibles that are well hidden so you explore the map more, variety of side objectives (including a Taxi pickup where you try to impress a dare devil chick with crazy ass stunts), and the different ways you can play; do you want to take a pacifist approach? Go ahead, pass the story without killing a soul!

Watch Dogs 2 was truly the least Ubisoft, Ubisoft open world game of this generation. 

Edited by The Tracker
  • Like 2

CynicalMexican
On 7/20/2021 at 11:09 AM, The Tracker said:

Watch Dogs 2 was truly the least Ubisoft, Ubisoft open world game of this generation. 

I'd go as far as to say it was the last true modern open world sandbox "crime" game without sh*tty ass gimmicks. RDR2 is set in the past and Cyberbug is set in the future.

• Like 4

discostu72
On 7/20/2021 at 10:56 AM, Darealbandicoot said:

Cyberpuke is a disgrace. It's a shame that the more advanced technology gets, the more boring/lacking newer games are becoming.

• Like 3

Doodling Hitman

what the hell is wrong with gta v's online loading time? holy hell, i just chose free-roam from a job and it put me in a damn loading screen for AGES... I force quit the game... 

why are their loading times so utter and UTTER sh*t????

CynicalMexican
On 7/30/2021 at 10:29 AM, Doodling Hitman said:

what the hell is wrong with gta v's online loading time? holy hell, i just chose free-roam from a job and it put me in a damn loading screen for AGES... I force quit the game... 

why are their loading times so utter and UTTER sh*t????

Because they have AOL installed.

On 7/31/2021 at 3:22 AM, CynicalMexican said:

Because they have AOL installed.

GTA VI with a 90's setting confirmed. 

Gotta love C* going out of their way to prevent you from using new DLCs cars from SP by programming a despawner for newer cars.

• Like 6

On 7/20/2021 at 11:56 AM, Darealbandicoot said:

If there's any song that should be removed, it's Don't Wanna Fall in Love.

On 7/20/2021 at 6:56 PM, Darealbandicoot said:

Really? That was my favorite song on that station, too.

All this money milked from GTA V and Online, and they can’t even bother renewing licenses. 

On 8/3/2021 at 9:08 AM, hyperar said:

Gotta love C* going out of their way to prevent you from using new DLCs cars from SP by programming a despawner for newer cars.

Fortunately doesn't seem like they're trying anymore bc there's been a well-known workaround for that ages ago.

But it's the principle. They really are money over everything. If they kept adding cars to SP, there would be no incentive to pay over 1 million hard-earned virtual dollars for those stupid cars. But Rockstar probably realized that modders have a way of getting anything they want, so they stopped trying.

It's stuff like that though that gets me irritated when mindless consumers defend Rockstar like they're god. But we won't go there, I could go on about that and the mindless, simpleton logic of consumers who think any kind of complaining is bad "good vibes only" and only want you to be positive.

Edited by ddarko12

BigGoldberg

I am very disappointed that they did not deliver DLCs with a brand new story or something related.

On 8/6/2021 at 9:49 PM, ddarko12 said:

But it's the principle. They really are money over everything. If they kept adding cars to SP, there would be no incentive to pay over 1 million hard-earned virtual dollars for those stupid cars.

I don't want to defend Rockstar here but it's not so easy. They could keep adding pre-2013 cars but definitely not new ones. To add new cars to SP they would have to add ton of content and change some things every year or so. I know, that GTA Online players don't care, that Los Santos is almost stuck in time since 2013 but yeah, it just shows that they don't care.

Edited by Kris194

On 7/20/2021 at 11:56 AM, Darealbandicoot said:

V is so old they're starting to lose music licenses but there hasn't been a single GTA release since. 

CynicalMexican
9 hours ago, Kris194 said:

I don't want to defend Rockstar here but it's not so easy. They could keep adding pre-2013 cars but definitely not new ones. To add new cars to SP they would have to add ton of content and change some things every year or so. I know, that GTA Online players don't care, that Los Santos is almost stuck in time since 2013 but yeah, it just shows that they don't care.

I mean they keep adding post 2013 songs to the radio. 

9 hours ago, Kris194 said:

Lol, yeah no. That is probably the weakest point one could make. Literally nobody cares about the time period SP is supposedly stuck in. Some of the cars they added up to 2015 were already past the 2013 model year so they didn't care and I'm willing to bet that literally nobody does. They did not stop because of the time, they stopped because of money. Plain and simple.

CynicalMexican
11 hours ago, ATP2555 said:

I feel like Kenny Petrovic could've played a role in GTA V.

Idk. Maybe if they had a San Fierro DLC since SF has a Russian Mob presence, but otherwise there's no real need to force GTA 4 characters in GTA 5.

You know, I never shut up about how I've modded this game out and how it's so much better and everything it should've been now... but there's just one thing I can't fix. The map.

My god, it is so f*cking boring. I really do not know how they could've done the map any worse. It's about the same size as FH3 with a big countryside, and yet it manages to feel much smaller, and at no point does the countryside actually feel like the countryside.

It's great taking any car I want for a spin, and just trying to enjoy the game. But when you loop around the map multiple times I realize the map is just sh*t because (essay time):

• There's no sense of isolation in the countryside, and the roads are boring. Go drive on any country road, or any road in any other game. The corners are banked. The corners in this game, on the side of a hill, are not banked. I'm like... who didn't know they needed to do that? So when you're flying into a corner on the side of the hill, instead of banking into the corner you have to mash on the brakes. There are some areas where the road even seems to slant into the hillside as you corner, the opposite of banking. It not only looks stupid but makes driving in the countryside a chore. Feels like I'm driving in some third world country where the roads are sh*t.

But the worst thing is the lack of isolation. We have a desert, and there's a car coming every 200 yards. And every time there's a car in front of you, there's an oncoming car. So passing becomes a game of braking then passing, or squeezing through both cars to get past. It's very obviously scripted and feels so unnatural. Why couldn't the traffic be random and spaced out? It's the countryside. Make a car oncoming and then let there not be another one for a mile. Or when someone is in front of you, there doesn't always need to be another car oncoming and then another car in front of you another 200 yards ahead. It's so stupid and the countryside feels so overpopulated because of it.

But also, it just doesn't feel isolated at all. All of the mountains are spaced out the the edge of the map. There's too many buildings, and yet not a single one that you would actually want to drive out of your way to go to. Two boring ass towns, and then after a short climb up one of those sloppy mountain roads, you're in the hills of Los Santos. It's so boring. Just a lame layout altogether and it got old fast. I thought I'd like it now but I find myself wanting a completely new location just to drive.

• Los Santos... lot's of nice details... where do all of the residents live? If you look at Los Angeles, the main thing that hits you is that it's a city of sprawl. All of the iconic shops and stuff are on the avenues and boulevards. Everything else is sprawl. And while having dozens of square miles of LA suburbia wouldn't have been feasible, there should've been more than a measly row of 3 houses in Del Perro, a few huts in the slums, and two tiny subdivisions on the eastside. Meanwhile we have hundreds of mansions in Richman and Vinewood. I don't get it, at all. People say they captured the look and vibe of Los Angeles and I just don't see it. Because Los Angeles to me is sprawl and freeways and then all of those touristy spots and rich neighborhoods. Which moves me onto my next point.

• The freeways are pathetic. You do not need them to get anywhere, they're just there. Pointless. Too few of them, terrible layouts, nothing about the interchanges screams LA to me, it's just awful. Look at MCLA. Those freeways were perfect. IDK what they did here.

• And well, you have to realize that they actually did MCLA. That game came out in 2008. And for some reason, that game captures the look and vibe of LA 100% better. Los Santos ofc is an interpretation of Los Angeles. So it has to be its own thing. But so was Liberty City... and they did that well, it certainly looks like New York. So what the hell happened here?

Honestly, I just feel like the map is a disappointment. It's not aging well at all. And the poor lighting doesn't help. I'm sorry, but slapping on a yellow filter to everything doesn't work anymore, it isn't 2005. That sh*t looks so god awful that the only reason I can tolerate playing this game is because graphics mods exist.

I remember, coming from GTA IV and it's limited map, that everyone was excited about this map. Countryside, LA, it's gonna be big, detailed and everything. Well, it's detailed. And that's about it. The countryside couldn't be any more boring. San Andreas looks like a potato and yet the countryside is funner to navigate, feels more isolated, and somehow bigger when it isn't. And the city has detail, but it lacks personality, purpose and just feels like they did the bare minimum in sprawl. Maybe it's just me, but I hate games that try to give you a "taste of everything" because they almost never flesh anything out. I'd much rather sacrifice some of the countryside, ocean and those tacky hillside mansions for a little more sprawl in the ghetto, near the beaches, and an eastside that actually looks big enough to have gangs.

I just think the map is gimmicky. It's big for the sake of being big. It is pretty much a visual representation of this game as a whole to be honest. Lots of quantity, little quality where it counts, just ticked a box. Full of gimmicks so that people who just want everything, who can only see "the big picture" can pretend it's the greatest game of all time when it isn't.

Edited by ddarko12

CynicalMexican
1 hour ago, ddarko12 said:

You know, I never shut up about how I've modded this game out and how it's so much better and everything it should've been now... but there's just one thing I can't fix. The map.

My god, it is so f*cking boring. I really do not know how they could've done the map any worse. It's about the same size as FH3 with a big countryside, and yet it manages to feel much smaller, and at no point does the countryside actually feel like the countryside.

It's great taking any car I want for a spin, and just trying to enjoy the game. But when you loop around the map multiple times I realize the map is just sh*t because (essay time):

• There's no sense of isolation in the countryside, and the roads are boring. Go drive on any country road, or any road in any other game. The corners are banked. The corners in this game, on the side of a hill, are not banked. I'm like... who didn't know they needed to do that? So when you're flying into a corner on the side of the hill, instead of banking into the corner you have to mash on the brakes. There are some areas where the road even seems to slant into the hillside as you corner, the opposite of banking. It not only looks stupid but makes driving in the countryside a chore. Feels like I'm driving in some third world country where the roads are sh*t.

But the worst thing is the lack of isolation. We have a desert, and there's a car coming every 200 yards. And every time there's a car in front of you, there's an oncoming car. So passing becomes a game of braking then passing, or squeezing through both cars to get past. It's very obviously scripted and feels so unnatural. Why couldn't the traffic be random and spaced out? It's the countryside. Make a car oncoming and then let there not be another one for a mile. Or when someone is in front of you, there doesn't always need to be another car oncoming and then another car in front of you another 200 yards ahead. It's so stupid and the countryside feels so overpopulated because of it.

But also, it just doesn't feel isolated at all. All of the mountains are spaced out the the edge of the map. There's too many buildings, and yet not a single one that you would actually want to drive out of your way to go to. Two boring ass towns, and then after a short climb up one of those sloppy mountain roads, you're in the hills of Los Santos. It's so boring. Just a lame layout altogether and it got old fast. I thought I'd like it now but I find myself wanting a completely new location just to drive.

• Los Santos... lot's of nice details... where do all of the residents live? If you look at Los Angeles, the main thing that hits you is that it's a city of sprawl. All of the iconic shops and stuff are on the avenues and boulevards. Everything else is sprawl. And while having dozens of square miles of LA suburbia wouldn't have been feasible, there should've been more than a measly row of 3 houses in Del Perro, a few huts in the slums, and two tiny subdivisions on the eastside. Meanwhile we have hundreds of mansions in Richman and Vinewood. I don't get it, at all. People say they captured the look and vibe of Los Angeles and I just don't see it. Because Los Angeles to me is sprawl and freeways and then all of those touristy spots and rich neighborhoods. Which moves me onto my next point.

• The freeways are pathetic. You do not need them to get anywhere, they're just there. Pointless. Too few of them, terrible layouts, nothing about the interchanges screams LA to me, it's just awful. Look at MCLA. Those freeways were perfect. IDK what they did here.

• And well, you have to realize that they actually did MCLA. That game came out in 2008. And for some reason, that game captures the look and vibe of LA 100% better. Los Santos ofc is an interpretation of Los Angeles. So it has to be its own thing. But so was Liberty City... and they did that well, it certainly looks like New York. So what the hell happened here?

Honestly, I just feel like the map is a disappointment. It's not aging well at all. And the poor lighting doesn't help. I'm sorry, but slapping on a yellow filter to everything doesn't work anymore, it isn't 2005. That sh*t looks so god awful that the only reason I can tolerate playing this game is because graphics mods exist.

I remember, coming from GTA IV and it's limited map, that everyone was excited about this map. Countryside, LA, it's gonna be big, detailed and everything. Well, it's detailed. And that's about it. The countryside couldn't be any more boring. San Andreas looks like a potato and yet the countryside is funner to navigate, feels more isolated, and somehow bigger when it isn't. And the city has detail, but it lacks personality, purpose and just feels like they did the bare minimum in sprawl. Maybe it's just me, but I hate games that try to give you a "taste of everything" because they almost never flesh anything out. I'd much rather sacrifice some of the countryside, ocean and those tacky hillside mansions for a little more sprawl in the ghetto, near the beaches, and an eastside that actually looks big enough to have gangs.

I just think the map is gimmicky. It's big for the sake of being big. It is pretty much a visual representation of this game as a whole to be honest. Lots of quantity, little quality where it counts, just ticked a box. Full of gimmicks so that people who just want everything, who can only see "the big picture" can pretend it's the greatest game of all time when it isn't.

You hit the nail on the head.

I'm curious to see what the mapmaking meetings must have been like. Maybe there was a much better concept map that only took the immediate areas of LA and R* was like "lol nope, let's go with this mess instead".

The HD Los Santos just sucks, everything is cramped and feels too close to each other. So much of the city is taken by the rich areas that everything else is an afterthought. It is gimmicky. There's no sprawl. Liberty City had Alderney, but what does Los Santos have? Jack sh*t. No OC, Long Beach, San Fernando, much of the Eastside is nonexistent. 

The country just sucks even more it's barren wasteland. Grapeseed isn't even a town it's just a row of stores and that's it. The Salton Sea is in a completely geographically inaccurate location. Paleto Bay is the only municipality that feels like a town. It's just bad map decision after another.

Small thing, but the Ammu-Nation dealers are completely unamusing. The GTA IV underground gun dealers cracked me up to no end. "This is a gun shop not a funshop, pal." "You treat her right, she'll see you through a sh*tstorm." "I respect your right to be a jackass but not in my store." Those quotes are melted into my brain. The Asian dealer is funny too.

GTA V's gun dealers try to be funny, but fail miserably.

• Like 3