4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Official GTAV Whine and Complain Thread

PatrickJr.

My only problem with GTA 5 is the story 

On paper it seems good and rockstar description to it was "3 protagonists 3 stories and one big story that involves them together" more like 4 unfinished stories

I mean imagine if they put more effort into finishing every story

A one big Michael story

A one big Franklin story

A one big Trevor story

And the big story that involves them together

The only one that they actually put some effort into Into IMO was the Michael story 

If they put more effort into the stories GTA 5 would have been my favorite GTA game already 

As I've stated several years ago - this game doesn't have a good start, and it doesn't have a good ending.

It's as if somebody wanted to play a Grand Theft Auto game for some hours and didn't care about the beginning or the ending of the game.

Stuck in the middle.

You can say the same thing about Grand Theft Auto: Episodes From Liberty City, but it's just... episodes. Grand Theft Auto V wasn't called Grand Theft Auto: Episodes From Some Dudes Lives.

Edited by Americana
  • Like 3

I love how the Professionals boss and

Spoiler

the Juggernauts in the Cayo Perico Heist

are just AI-controlled Online characters. I guess R* couldn't be bothered to make an original model.

16 hours ago, ATP2555 said:

I love how the Professionals boss and

Hide contents

the Juggernauts in the Cayo Perico Heist

are just AI-controlled Online characters. I guess R* couldn't be bothered to make an original model.

and all NPCs from the beach party

I was playing the paletto bay bank robbery again and it just bugs the f*ck out of me how Trevor busts through the doors shooting and alerting the police resulting in the ensuing gunfight. I understand they may have done it for “story reasons” or to make for intense gameplay, but we should’ve had the option to just jump the two cops when they came in and make a clean getaway. We would’ve even been able to take a bigger cut because we wouldn’t have been caught by agent Sanchez and his goons. they definitely blew the load on that one.

the scene That I’m talking about is @6:20

On 11/9/2020 at 8:45 AM, Americana said:

I guess I'm in a minority, but graphics are just as important as location and story, when it comes to my taste.

I get what you’re saying, I think it all just depends on what the story is trying to convey though. Sometimes simplicity is a stylistic choice to better convey the atmosphere and story of game. This isn’t the case with gta V. Idk what it is but I keep seeing people all the time saying how great the game looks and I really don’t see it. It looks like trash a lot of the time and it’s very noticeable. It’s obviously a 2013 ps3 game being sloppily scaled up but I just really don’t see “how” it’s looks better, graphically, than that abysmal fast and furious game That came out. Aside from the motion capture, which I think is pretty good, the characters and textures sometimes look worse than IV. But people just say I’m crazy but I can’t be the only one that thinks this.

Edited by SonofLosSantos

21 hours ago, Payne said:

That’s the worst heist, scripted so bad.

the part where you are chased by the tank while driving the dozer at 5 kilometers per hour and he cant even hit you once lol

but why is the army dispached in this mission and is not used in freeroam? where is the logic? especially in online with all those military vehicles, so lawforces would have something to fight them with, rockstar logic at it finest

Edited by Killerman29

2 hours ago, SonofLosSantos said:

I get what you’re saying, I think it all just depends on what the story is trying to convey though. Sometimes simplicity is a stylistic choice to better convey the atmosphere and story of game. This isn’t the case with gta V. Idk what it is but I keep seeing people all the time saying how great the game looks and I really don’t see it. It looks like trash a lot of the time and it’s very noticeable. It’s obviously a 2013 ps3 game being sloppily scaled up but I just really don’t see “how” it’s looks better, graphically, than that abysmal fast and furious game That came out. Aside from the motion capture, which I think is pretty good, the characters and textures sometimes look worse than IV. But people just say I’m crazy but I can’t be the only one that thinks this.

the character models look ok but nothing spectacular. i think the environment looks pretty good though

2 hours ago, SonofLosSantos said:

Gta 5 looks better than IV even on the Ps3 which is pretty impressive considering it's a much bigger world than gta4.

Edited by StuntMaster100
  • KEKW 1

1 hour ago, StuntMaster100 said:

Gta 5 looks better than IV even on the Ps3 which is pretty impressive considering it's a much bigger world than gta4.

GTA IV was more condensed and full. V is open and empty.

Edited by SonofLosSantos
  • Like 6

14 hours ago, SonofLosSantos said:

GTA IV was more condensed and full. V is open and empty.

I'm talking about graphics. V has better lighting and shaders despite being a much bigger world size. V character models also look much better than IV's.

Edited by StuntMaster100

sometimesIwork4goverment
2 hours ago, StuntMaster100 said:

I'm talking about graphics. V has better lighting and shaders despite being a much bigger world size. V character models also look much better than IV's.

It supposed to be that way. Depressing and dark. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, StuntMaster100 said:

IV character models also look much better than IV's.

im inclined to disagree. Sure some of the textures on IV’s peds might be lower res but Atleast most of them are unique with different body types and things like that. Most of the peds in V look like the exact same character model with a pallet swap. And all the returning characters from IV to V look atrocious. I just feel like the IV peds look and feel alive like real people while in V they look like toy dolls and act like robots. It could have to do with the dumbed down AI though.

• Like 8

53 minutes ago, ATP2555 said:

Nitpick, but why did they have to call it "Military Rifle" though? Tactical Rifle would've been a better name.

the ingame army doesn’t even use them so it was a silly name to give.

On 12/25/2020 at 1:01 AM, StuntMaster100 said:

GTA V had a bigger budget to play with than most Hollywood movies let alone GTA IV lol so of course it should look better.

Personally I don’t see the point in bragging about graphics as naturally with more time, advancement of technology, refinement of the game engine etc these things should in fact improve.

I’d be more impressed if GTA V was able to maintain such a high level of graphically fidelity AND all the intricate details, mechanics from GTA IV, but it simply doesn’t, period. 

Atleast it gives Cyberpunk 2077 a good thrashing so there’s that.😛

GTA Vice City Signature+Avatar Combo Request | PlayStation Universe

30 minutes ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

Cyberpunk 2077 taught me to give more respect to GTA 5 and Rockstar

23 hours ago, SonofLosSantos said:

im inclined to disagree. Sure some of the textures on IV’s peds might be lower res but Atleast most of them are unique with different body types and things like that. Most of the peds in V look like the exact same character model with a pallet swap. And all the returning characters from IV to V look atrocious. I just feel like the IV peds look and feel alive like real people while in V they look like toy dolls and act like robots. It could have to do with the dumbed down AI though.

I'm talking about the main characters. Models of Michael, Trevor and Franklin look more detailed than Niko, Roman etc.

4 hours ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

GTA V had a bigger budget to play with than most Hollywood movies let alone GTA IV lol so of course it should look better.

Personally I don’t see the point in bragging about graphics as naturally with more time, advancement of technology, refinement of the game engine etc these things should in fact improve.

I’d be more impressed if GTA V was able to maintain such a high level of graphically fidelity AND all the intricate details, mechanics from GTA IV, but it simply doesn’t, period. 

Almost every game thrashes Cyberpunk though so it's not a big achievement for V 😀

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1

1 hour ago, StuntMaster100 said:

Almost every game thrashes Cyberpunk though so it's not a big achievement for V 😀

Hey. I was trying to give GTA V the benefit of the doubt in a thread that’s meant to be criticising it.

Give me a break son.

• KEKW 1

GTA Vice City Signature+Avatar Combo Request | PlayStation Universe

Why did they need Carbine Rifles to rob Vangelico when they don't even fire them? They could've easily done it with pistols or shotguns.

• Like 3

Simple.

Somebody at Rockstar thought they just have to add some annoying missions in the game, hence... Carbine Rifles.

I have been replaying GTA V again and while I'm really enjoying it I wish Rockstar handled Martin Madrazo better. He had real potential as a threatening antagonist (which V really needed) but his character is turned into a joke to push Trevor. 

The antagonists here are way worse than in IV, SA and VC..thats for sure

On 12/26/2020 at 9:49 AM, Algonquin Assassin said:

How dare you?! Listen here I'm gonna say this to you very seriously: Cyberpunk 2077 is the best...

Spoiler

at making you appreciate GTA V.  656135804678045718.png

• KEKW 2

3 hours ago, FanEu7 said:

I have been replaying GTA V again and while I'm really enjoying it I wish Rockstar handled Martin Madrazo better. He had real potential as a threatening antagonist (which V really needed) but his character is turned into a joke to push Trevor. 

The antagonists here are way worse than in IV, SA and VC..thats for sure

Yeah there are so many branches that could've been expanded upon.

Some characters that appear have a lesser role that I expected. There is a lot of unfulfilled potential in the GTA 5 story imo.

Well, maybe it would be better if the whole story was about Martin - meaning, that he would be a serious antagonist for some reason (not the current reason given in the game...). 

Edited by Americana
  • Like 2

One thing I hate about this game is how I'll never be able to experience it for the first time again.

Schokoladeka
17 minutes ago, MaddenedGhost said:

One thing I hate about this game is how I'll never be able to experience it for the first time again.

Yeah, same. I miss GTA V release day...

20 minutes ago, Schokoladeka said:

Yeah, same. I miss GTA V release day...

I remember the hype..it was crazy. I immediately had to play it on release day and played it every day for months lol

• Like 4

On 12/26/2020 at 12:21 AM, DR:BUSTA said:

Cyberpunk 2077 taught me to give more respect to GTA 5 and Rockstar

GTA V is leaps and bounds above cyberpunk. that's not a very high bar though. cyberpunk is basically a meme game at this point. t-poses, cars getting flung into the air, frequent crashes, 10 FPS on some systems, i could go on

• Like 2