Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Summer Special
      2. The Diamond Casino Heist
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
PatrickJr.

Official GTAV Whine and Complain Thread

Recommended Posts

Western Gunslinger
16 hours ago, Dryspace said:

I wish I could have joined this forum 15 years ago when my understanding is that everyone was excited and loved Rockstar, instead of now....which made me just think of a joke.

 

You've got the "2D Era", the "3D Era", the "HD Era", and the "[This post has been flagged and will be monitored] Era", which is apparently when I joined. *Sigh* I always miss the good stuff.

I feel you bro, the censorship here is ridiculous these days

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dryspace
2 hours ago, Western Gunslinger said:

I feel you bro, the censorship here is ridiculous these days

Lol.....I wasn't referring to that. 😛

 

I always censor individual words if necessary (because I believe there is a fundamental difference between individual words and subject matter), but in that post I was referring to how it seems like these days it's "C**kstar this" and "C**kstar that". I thought, "Hmmm...I'm pretty certain I've seen people spell out the word many times, so I guess it's okay if I do."

 

...And then when I hit "Post", I get the message you saw. And I guess maybe I ended up making the problem worse by trying to edit it, which is why it ended up posting like that? Anyway, I just noticed it, and edited it so my original joke makes sense now.....but I censored the word just in case, lol! 🤣

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Western Gunslinger
7 hours ago, Dryspace said:

Lol.....I wasn't referring to that

Ah okay, I though you were talking about censorship

 

But I do agree, I wish I had joined back when this forum was very active

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
extremo69

The fact GTA5 does not have a shoulder swap button like Max Payne 3 and Red Dead Redemption pisses me the f*ck off. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ddarko12
On 8/14/2020 at 1:43 AM, Yinepi said:

Dumb stupid online updates. Now I gotta wait for however long it takes for scripthook to update before I can play SP with mods.

Next time back up your exe files and the update.rpf. Then reinsert them after the update (overwriting if necessary). And if needed, add -scofflineonly to the target/command line for Rockstar launcher so that it doesn't verify whether your game is up to date or not. Then you can continue to play SP with mods until Scripthook updates. :^:

 

Anyway, on topic:

 

My biggest pet peeve has to be those police car chases. They're annoying. They always spawn from behind you and it's always the same sh*t. Some normal looking car with idiots drives by followed by a cop who can't drive properly smashing into things. 50% of the time the suspects will stop their car for no reason and hop out and start shooting. Same sh*t, happens every 45 minutes. It's so boring, poorly done and kind of disruptive.

 

I would've much preferred random police cars/fire trucks/ambulances spawning and speeding past us than to see that silly sh*t they scripted.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LorshZontek
1 hour ago, ddarko12 said:

 

My biggest pet peeve has to be those police car chases. They're annoying. They always spawn from behind you and it's always the same sh*t. Some normal looking car with idiots drives by followed by a cop who can't drive properly smashing into things. 50% of the time the suspects will stop their car for no reason and hop out and start shooting. Same sh*t, happens every 45 minutes. It's so boring, poorly done and kind of disruptive.

 

I would've much preferred random police cars/fire trucks/ambulances spawning and speeding past us than to see that silly sh*t they scripted.

Yeah, i also hate the random explosions when near vinewood, it feels so unnecessary, i don't even understand what is exploding most of the time

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dryspace
11 hours ago, ddarko12 said:

Next time back up your exe files and the update.rpf...

I'm surprised that anything like that would work for an Always-Online game, but I'm glad to hear that it does. I wonder if there's a way to install GTAV from my discs, and then prevent it from updating at all afterward?

 

Also, you're right about the repetitive and unrealistic nature of those "chases": I posted this in the no-longer-extant 'Why Do People Hate On GTAV?' thread:

 

Ped/police interactions? I would see a car WHOOSH by at 700 MPH and a cop car WHOOSH by right behind. Double-take, and then back to whatever I was doing. That's the extent of "ped/police interactions" as far as I can remember.

 

9 hours ago, LorshZontek said:

Yeah, i also hate the random explosions when near vinewood, it feels so unnecessary, i don't even understand what is exploding most of the time

I thought someone told me that that was a plane crashing somewhere? Or is that only the explosion that randomly happens when you leave Michael's house? So many times I frantically tried to find the source of that explosion, but never could.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
~Tiger~
7 minutes ago, Dryspace said:

I thought someone told me that that was a plane crashing somewhere?

This is correct, it is one of many strange glitches in this vicinity:

 

Quote

Sometimes when switching to Michael and he is at his house, a couple seconds after switching, the player may hear an explosion in the distance outside of the house. This is actually a plane that has spawned incorrectly in mid air (usually upside down) and ends up crashing into the streets.

Source

 

 

 

Please see also this old thread

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ryo256
2 hours ago, ~Tiger~ said:

This is correct, it is one of many strange glitches in this vicinity:

 

Source

 

 

 

Please see also this old thread

 

 

Oh so that's what was happening. I thought Rockstar intentionally put that stuff as background noises similar to sounds of AK-47 firing when in Los Santos of SA.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MariasFido
On 8/16/2020 at 10:39 PM, Ryo256 said:

Oh so that's what was happening. I thought Rockstar intentionally put that stuff as background noises similar to sounds of AK-47 firing when in Los Santos of SA.

I don't know why but I always used to get spooked when I used to hear the sounds of AK-47 firing in the background while roaming around LS especially in the neighborhood parts and the sewers 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ryo256
2 hours ago, MariasFido said:

I don't know why but I always used to get spooked when I used to hear the sounds of AK-47 firing in the background while roaming around LS especially in the neighborhood parts and the sewers 

At first I used to think I was being attacked and had no idea where the enemy is.

  • YEE 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlueLion90
1 hour ago, Ryo256 said:

At first I used to think I was being attacked and had no idea where the enemy is.

Loved that. 
Constant danger and no arcadey bullsh*t.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sometimesIwork4goverment

VC had better car physics they really dropped everything in v to make open world paywall simulator 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Americana

No, 3D Era Grand Theft Auto games had some awful vehicle physics, well - maybe except Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. 

 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darealbandicoot
On 8/16/2020 at 5:40 AM, LorshZontek said:

Yeah, i also hate the random explosions when near vinewood, it feels so unnecessary, i don't even understand what is exploding most of the time

Bugged jet flight path. They crash into Eclipse towers near Michael's House and Its been there for a long time and never fixed 

  • Like 1
  • YEE 1
  • KEKW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dryspace
5 hours ago, Darealbandicoot said:

Bugged jet flight path. They crash into Eclipse towers near Michael's House and Its been there for a long time and never fixed 

They didn't want to fix it in case they could figure out a way to monetize it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ATP2555
On 8/24/2020 at 11:52 AM, Darealbandicoot said:

Bugged jet flight path. They crash into Eclipse towers near Michael's House and Its been there for a long time and never fixed 

And the funny thing is, it only happens in the enhanced version, from what I can tell.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ImmortalBahamut

I love how Rockstar has the balls to release trailers for this game 7 years after its release meanwhile in Online theres cheaters literally capable of FORCE CLOSING YOUR GAME. I've never seen this in any other game, how brain dead does your code have to be to allow a player to forcibly close another players game!??!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dryspace
2 hours ago, ImmortalBahamut said:

...how brain dead does your code have to be to allow a player to forcibly close another players game!??!

No....they just didn't want to fix it in case they c---ehhh, nevermind. 🙃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ATP2555
16 hours ago, ImmortalBahamut said:

I love how Rockstar has the balls to release trailers for this game 7 years after its release meanwhile in Online theres cheaters literally capable of FORCE CLOSING YOUR GAME. I've never seen this in any other game, how brain dead does your code have to be to allow a player to forcibly close another players game!??!

And kill people in story mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gtafaninwest
Posted (edited)

Gold Medal Objectives (especially timed ones) are the worst thing that happened in GTA V. Gold Medal Objectives is partly one of many reasons why I started losing respect for [This post has been flagged and will be monitored] or its daddy company Trash-Two.

Edited by gtafaninwest
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
2 hours ago, gtafaninwest said:

Gold Medal Objectives (especially timed ones) are the worst thing that happened in GTA V. Gold Medal Objectives is partly one of many reasons why I started losing respect for [This post has been flagged and will be monitored] or its daddy company Trash-Two.

I dunno, they already added medal objectives to previous games (GTA IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony and Red Dead Redemption) along with the ability to replay missions so they were just continuing the same thing, it wasn't started with GTA V. I just ignored them when playing through the story, but enjoyed them as an extra challenge when replaying missions. I guess the objectives screen popping up after every mission whether you liked it or not was a bit obnoxious though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ash_735
6 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

I dunno, they already added medal objectives to previous games (GTA IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony and Red Dead Redemption) along with the ability to replay missions so they were just continuing the same thing, it wasn't started with GTA V. I just ignored them when playing through the story, but enjoyed them as an extra challenge when replaying missions. I guess the objectives screen popping up after every mission whether you liked it or not was a bit obnoxious though.

I've mentioned this in the past as a negative for TBOGT, the idea is good, but forcing it on the screen on your first playthrough is a bad choice, it felt counter productive in a GTA game to complete a mission for the first time in a way that you want to only to be told at the end that you suck for not completing exactly how they want you to.

 

Red Dead Redemption 1 handled it perfectly in that it didn't show any of this stuff in the main game and only showed it when you went into the menu for it and did Mission Replays. Why the hell GTAV went back to old version I never know but again, it just came across as counter productive in a game where you're supposed to have SOME freedom to complete missions how you want but then get scolded for it.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
10 hours ago, Ash_735 said:

I've mentioned this in the past as a negative for TBOGT, the idea is good, but forcing it on the screen on your first playthrough is a bad choice, it felt counter productive in a GTA game to complete a mission for the first time in a way that you want to only to be told at the end that you suck for not completing exactly how they want you to.

 

Red Dead Redemption 1 handled it perfectly in that it didn't show any of this stuff in the main game and only showed it when you went into the menu for it and did Mission Replays. Why the hell GTAV went back to old version I never know but again, it just came across as counter productive in a game where you're supposed to have SOME freedom to complete missions how you want but then get scolded for it.

That I agree with, it'd be better if you could turn off having the screen pop up. 

 

I like that the screen doesn't come up in RDR but the objectives and replaying missions are extremely bad in every other way lol (for example it doesn't even tell you what time/number of headshots/accuracy % you need or which of those you've completed successfully yet for each mission anywhere so it's a guessing game unless you google everything, and also you only get the most basic weapons and zero provisions when replaying). No screen popping up like in RDR plus everything else the way it is in GTA V would be perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dryspace

These guys are so upside-down. On many aspects of a game they knock it way out of the park, like they're A-One priority. But when it comes to actual gameplay it seems like it's a lot further down the priorities list.

Edited by Dryspace
Typo
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KingAJ032304
On 6/11/2020 at 5:07 AM, Algonquin Assassin said:

Unlike Vice City, San Andreas and VCS where the businesses actually mattered and had a point the "businesses" in GTA V feel like pointless add ons that weren't very well thought out.

Which is funny because in those games it already felt shallow as well so GTA V made it even more shallow.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ondr4H

Im quitting GTA series, Im not interested in any new game if we get same disaster like GTA V story mode.

This game gets right every small detail imaginable that nobody asked for, but missed major details that makes GTA games fun.

This game plays like bad reality TV show and you are forced to have fun when they think you want it. If you try step down from that path you are punished except If you start GTA Online and use shark cards.


I was kinda ok with this game when was released, but this is not right for for year 2020 and game for next generation consoles. 

Im quitting gta v completely, because they still bother me with updates that are only garbage data for me. 

Im sure that I can said King is death, hail to the new King. 

MafIa Definitive edition, looks like decent gangster game. And based on OG Mafia I bet these 25 hours of gameplay of pure 30s Mafia will be a lot enjoyable than Michael arguing with his wife and childs ... Doing yoga and doctor session shiet... I never asked for it in GTA game!

  • Like 6
  • YEE 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Algonquin Assassin
On 9/5/2020 at 11:34 AM, KingAJ032304 said:

Which is funny because in those games it already felt shallow as well so GTA V made it even more shallow.

To be fair even if by today’s standards they would probably seem a bit shallow they still played a part in the stories of those games.

 

Buying up businesses in Vice City was an amazing feeling the first time I played it and it really made me feel like a “boss”.

 

With GTA V it feels like a minimum effort IMO just to satisfy the need of having something to spend all the in game money on than something that has any viable use to gameplay and/or story.
 

It feels tacked on like it was never originally intended to be in the game in the first place.

 

 

Edited by Algonquin Assassin
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ondr4H
On 9/7/2020 at 1:51 PM, Algonquin Assassin said:

To be fair even if by today’s standards they would probably seem a bit shallow they still played a part in the stories of those games.

 

Buying up businesses in Vice City was an amazing feeling the first time I played it and it really made me feel like a “boss”.

 

With GTA V it feels like a minimum effort IMO just to satisfy the need of having something to spend all the in game money on than something that has any viable use to gameplay and/or story.
 

It feels tacked on like it was never originally intended to be in the game in the first place.

 

 

You can make crazy amount of cash by stock market, but you had at final about 15 cars storage slot. And If you wreck that car fun tine is over.

 

And bam online offer garages for thousands of cars and insurance.

 

I own two different games in same hard drive location.

 

This bugged me till end...

 

They cannot even admit that they hated gamers that like to play in story mode...

 

Guns, everything one official script and they are in singleplayer... I doesnt need lines of dialogues or story behind it.

Edited by Ondr4H
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ATP2555

Another pointless update. Lovely!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.