Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Summer Special
      2. The Diamond Casino Heist
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
PatrickJr.

Official GTAV Whine and Complain Thread

Recommended Posts

perennial
1 hour ago, B Dawg said:

This happens in all GTAs when shooting them with a gun afaik (maybe it was 2 stars in 3D era games but 3 in IV), but if this happens when using fists/melee weapons in V, then that's another f*ck up.

In GTA V you receive 3 stars for killing a police officer by fists, a melee weapon or running him over. Hurting results in 2 stars, but melee attacks in V are pretty much one-hit-kills anyway...

I would also add these:
-Movements with the Lazer (and possibly other planes) feel too lightweight and sudden compared to SA.
-Punctured car tires lose air instantly instead of gradually like in IV.
(-The PS5 "enhanced" re-re-rerelease possibly killing the series.)

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
razorzz

Yo this is some straight up bull. I had hopes, really. Not about a GTA 6 announcement, but about R* being a real company again. Not a milk-till-its-dry-company. But yeah, thats the coffin.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, perennial said:

In GTA V you receive 3 stars for killing a police officer by fists, a melee weapon or running him over. Hurting results in 2 stars, but melee attacks in V are pretty much one-hit-kills anyway...
 

Considering this is a game where standing next to and then walking away from a cop can earn you 2 stars I guess it's not surprising

 

I still remember how annoyed I was the first time I ran over a cop completely by accident (a highway patrol one I didn't even see) and got an immediate 3 stars. If the same thing happened in IV you'd get 1 star. Hell in IV you can set a cop on fire with a molotov and only get 2 stars. Guess which system is more fun.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Caffeination
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

Considering this is a game where standing next to and then walking away from a cop can earn you 2 stars I guess it's not surprising

Simply standing next to NPCs, even in places that make sense, such as a crowded metro where all the other NPCs are already gathered near each other, is enough to make them call the cops.

 

And you know the office for the stripclub that Trevor takes over? Some homeless NPCs will spawn outside the door if you load an autosave as Trevor, and any time you walk out, you will spook the homeless NPCs. They'll stare at you a while, then shuffle off in a hurry, and there's a 50/50 chance they'll take out their shiny iFruit phone and call the cops on you.

 

The whole AI is flawed.

Edited by Caffeination
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dryspace

Allow me to throw something out there: Since it's called "GTA Online" and not "GTA V Online", maybe Rockstar will just upgrade and continue to support it for the Online people as long as possible, and release GTA VI for the people who want single-plBWAHAHA....sorry I can't keep a straight face. Just my little joke...

  • Like 1
  • KEKW 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liberty-TG
15 hours ago, Ondr4H said:

On PS 2 we got five different GTAs

On PS5 we are going to get GTA V ...


Progress...

I officially hate Rockstar Games. The Rockstar games I loved died in 2013. And then they ressurected in 2018, but died soon after.

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ondr4H
13 hours ago, NachoLZ said:

It was so sad that they f*cking reused 720p scenes from 2013 trailers, they're not even trying anymore...

I was first shocked because it looks like fan trailer.

Then I spotted official youtube channel of Playstation.

Oh, the mighty has fallen...

I remember trailers for GTA IV and GTA V, they were so unreal and fascinating.

This trailer looks like they outsourced work to janitor for 5 bucks...

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liberty-TG

The less people buy the PS5 version of 5, the better. Don't buy it!! After being in PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360; why would anyone buy it??

Also don't but shark cards. The more you buy, the more money Rockstar receives and the less quality games will do. DON'T BUY THEM!!! Why would you buy shark cards?? To enjoy flying cars??

#BoycottGTA5

#BoycottGTAOnline

The only way Rockstar will go back to making quality games.

And because of the worst ever GTA coming to PS5, any chance of VI being released in 2023-2024 are gone!

GTA VI in 2028.

Again #BoycottGTA5 They'll see it hopefully won't work and focus on VI.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Algonquin Assassin

I wonder what the reaction would've been if it was GTA IV instead? I guess it would've been bittersweet because people probably would've been disappointed it wasn't something to do with GTA VI however since a remaster has been in hot demand since the 10th anniversary it would've been a nice surprise. Speaking as someone who was against the idea of a "remaster" and how it would've been treated I have to admit if I saw GTA IV and PS5 together my inner GTA IV fanboy inside me would've made my balls wet at that prospect. :D

 

Anyway as I said in the other thread if this is the path R* have taken for the time being until GTA VI releases (whenever the f*ck that will be) then this really has to be the best version of GTA V yet. No ifs, buts, maybes. I'm sick of its flaws being blamed on the limitations of hardware. I'm not expecting it to gutted and rebuilt from the ground up, but this is an opportunity to fix all the problems GTA V's suffered since it released in 2013. Tweak the physics, fix the problems with the A.I, do something. Three strikes and you're out!!!

 

If all it is graphical enhancements and they charge full price for it you'd have to be f*cked in the head to even consider buying it. I still can't believe though we're heading into yet another console generation with GTA V spearheading it. All I can say is I hope GTA VI is worth the wait. GTA V is a good game, even great in some ways, but it isn't that great to carry the series for almost a decade without another entry. It boggles my mind we could facing up to something like 13-14 years since we've seen another GTA besides GTA V. It makes the gap between GTA IV and GTA V look like a snap of the finger.

 

Sh*t's crazy atm man.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iiCriminnaaL 49
18 minutes ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

Anyway as I said in the other thread if this is the path R* have taken for the time being until GTA VI releases (whenever the f*ck that will be) then this really has to be the best version of GTA V yet. No ifs, buts, maybes. I'm sick of its flaws being blamed on the limitations of hardware. I'm not expecting it to gutted and rebuilt from the ground up, but this is an opportunity to fix all the problems GTA V's suffered since it released in 2013. Tweak the physics, fix the problems with the A.I, do something. Three strikes and you're out!!!

I don't want to disappoint you, but I highly doubt they'll change that much.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

I wonder what the reaction would've been if it was GTA IV instead? I guess it would've been bittersweet because people probably would've been disappointed it wasn't something to do with GTA VI however since a remaster has been in hot demand since the 10th anniversary it would've been a nice surprise. Speaking as someone who was against the idea of a "remaster" and how it would've been treated I have to admit if I saw GTA IV and PS5 together my inner GTA IV fanboy inside me would've made my balls wet at that prospect. :D

 

Anyway as I said in the other thread if this is the path R* have taken for the time being until GTA VI releases (whenever the f*ck that will be) then this really has to be the best version of GTA V yet. No ifs, buts, maybes. I'm sick of its flaws being blamed on the limitations of hardware. I'm not expecting it to gutted and rebuilt from the ground up, but this is an opportunity to fix all the problems GTA V's suffered since it released in 2013. Tweak the physics, fix the problems with the A.I, do something. Three strikes and you're out!!!

 

If all it is graphical enhancements and they charge full price for it you'd have to be f*cked in the head to even consider buying it. I still can't believe though we're heading into yet another console generation with GTA V spearheading it. All I can say is I hope GTA VI is worth the wait. GTA V is a good game, even great in some ways, but it isn't that great to carry the series for almost a decade without another entry. It boggles my mind we could facing up to something like 13-14 years since we've seen another GTA besides GTA V. It makes the gap between GTA IV and GTA V look like a snap of the finger.

 

Sh*t's crazy atm man.

I think the reaction would've been more positive because the issue isn't so much that it isn't GTA VI but that it's such an un-asked for blatant money grab that is unlikely to offer anything new of value or much improvement other than a slight graphics upgrade and more of the usual online updates. A IV remaster could be a massive technical/graphical upgrade that's of artistic and practical value and worth having, for a game that hasn't already been milked to death.

 

I really don't think they'll do much with it. Judging by the amount of effort put into the trailer I'm guessing it'll be the bare minimum done for one last cash grab, with little to nothing for single player.

 

 

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Algonquin Assassin
Just now, iiCriminnaaL 49 said:

I don't want to disappoint you, but I highly doubt they'll change that much.

Me neither. They could've done it with the PS4 and XB1 versions, but chose not to.

 

I'm going to LMAO when GTA IV still has better physics, A.I etc than a 2021 PS5 game, but hey it's the "hardware limitations" that held GTA V back remember?;)

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HOW'S ANNIE?

Somethings got to make this new version worth buying. Whilst the PS4/One versions of the game never really fixed the game's underlying issues, it at least gave us a first-person mode. Sure, not everyone's a fan of first-person (in all honesty I don't) but it was something the community requested for years and years. And hey, it actually is a fairly polished addition.

 

I remember after the announcement of RDR2 Fun (or it may have been Yan, I can't remember) heard rumours that the heads at Rockstar were looking to revive the cancled DLCs after Red Dead released. Maybe this is where that project was headed.

 

I won't get too optimistic though. The fact that the trailer was just a copy/paste job of previous trailers indicates this was a last minute decision and there is no next gen-version, or that if it does exist it's in no working state.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Algonquin Assassin
19 minutes ago, HOW'S ANNIE? said:

Somethings got to make this new version worth buying. Whilst the PS4/One versions of the game never really fixed the game's underlying issues, it at least gave us a first-person mode. Sure, not everyone's a fan of first-person (in all honesty I don't) but it was something the community requested for years and years. And hey, it actually is a fairly polished addition.

 

I remember after the announcement of RDR2 Fun (or it may have been Yan, I can't remember) heard rumours that the heads at Rockstar were looking to revive the cancled DLCs after Red Dead released. Maybe this is where that project was headed.

 

I won't get too optimistic though. The fact that the trailer was just a copy/paste job of previous trailers indicates this was a last minute decision and there is no next gen-version, or that if it does exist it's in no working state.

I'm thinking it may have VR support which was one of the reasons LA Noire was remastered. Then again VR's not really something that fans have requested so who knows.

 

Even if it does come with the DLC that was originally cancelled it would have to be on EFLC's level if not greater because the general vibe I'm getting atm from Youtube, R*'s Facebook page etc is overwhelmingly negative and people are pissed as they should be. The fact the trailer uses stock PS3/PS4 footage kind of leads me to believe this will be nothing, but a quick cash grab. At the very least the PS4 and XB1 versions made sense within the time frame and even though they didn't reinvent the wheel they made some nice enhancements here and there like adding first person as you said.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
universetwisters

Imagine buying the same game four times

  • Like 5
  • KEKW 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ryo256
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

Me neither. They could've done it with the PS4 and XB1 versions, but chose not to.

 

I'm going to LMAO when GTA IV still has better physics, A.I etc than a 2021 PS5 game, but hey it's the "hardware limitations" that held GTA V back remember?;)

Honestly I want R* to stay the hell away from IV and any of their games before it. Current dev team seems to screw up anything they touch and then refuse to patch it for a long time.

Also the game code on PC is a spaghetti. That means any attempt on improvement may likely butcher it and knowing R* today, it will be butchered.

Lastly there is the issue of RDR2 apparently. Good number of people weren't fond of its slower-paced game design and may likely protest by buying GTA V on PS5 to show R* what kind of games they should be focusing on. PS5 copy will be sold well even with the carried over hardware limitation of Xbox 360. Because they sure as hell carried over the beta footage from it in their trailer.

Edited by Ryo256
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Killerman29
Posted (edited)

LOL cockstar rerereleasing this game again, f*cking online and shark cards2vgwPnT.jpg

Edited by Killerman29
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dryspace
3 hours ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

...they made some nice enhancements here and there like adding first person as you said.

I only played the PC version of V, but is it not true that, visually, the current gen & PC versions were a serious improvement over the original releases? The PC version isn't any different beside higher output resolution and framerate, is it?

 

I agree with your predictions, I'm just wondering about the enhanced version of V, as I thought it was more than just the usual tweak here and there. In fact...I haven't played a lot of recent games, but while I know that RDR2 and perhaps other games have since raised the visual bar, I was under the impression that for a while GTA V gave any current-gen open world game a run for its graphical money.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Caffeination

There’s already some kind of rumor, though most likely fabricated, that the Online-exclusive vehicles introduced in the PS4-Xbox One generation will be integrated into the PS5 version’s traffic, just as how the Online-exclusive vehicles from PS3 and X360 became part of the traffic in the current version of GTA V.

 

Aside from a bogus “source” on a certain subreddit, I have no reason to believe Rockstar will bother to do that. In the PS3-X360 era, you could still access online-exclusive vehicles in singleplayer, through the vehicle list in the protagonists’ purchased garages. When the current generation version arrived, any vehicles introduced from release until Ill-Gotten Gains 1&2 (sans the Heist update for some reason) were purchasable via singleplayer internet.

 

And then came the Lowrider update, kickstarting the online exclusivity, but players could at least still glitch them into Singleplayer, and by purchasing them in Online first nonetheless. And then, a year later, a regurgitation of the Lowrider update arrived, and introduced a peculiar script. This script is present in every vehicle released during and after the 2nd Lowrider update, and its sole purpose was to despawn any vehicle that has been glitched into Singleplayer.

 

Keep this in mind; Rockstar took offense at players who take vehicles, which they already own and legitimately purchased with hard-earned grinded gta$, and port them into Singleplayer. This is how low Rockstar wants to get. They have no desire to “enhance” storymode, or even improve the wonky unresponsive mechanics, all that matters is more advanced hardware so their favorite delivery driver simulator can be milked for cash and handle further bloat for yet even MORE businesses and money-making ventures that make you deliver garbage all over the map.

 

There’s literally no point in justifying the PS5 port. Rockstar already made it obvious they don’t care about credibility ages ago, it would be unlike them to regain it now.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gtafaninwest
8 hours ago, Vladistar_895 said:

I officially hate Rockstar Games. The Rockstar games I loved died in 2013. And then they ressurected in 2018, but died soon after.

 

Cockstar is way past redemption at this point.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LorshZontek

They keep screwing up more and more lately, it really shows how little they care about their own IP's and the fanbase for them, it is only gonna get worse sadly

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Americana
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Caffeination said:

There’s already some kind of rumor, though most likely fabricated, that the Online-exclusive vehicles introduced in the PS4-Xbox One generation will be integrated into the PS5 version’s traffic, just as how the Online-exclusive vehicles from PS3 and X360 became part of the traffic in the current version of GTA V.

 

Oh yeah, 100 new obnoxious and disgusting sport cars in Grand Theft Auto V. I can't wait.

 

Meh.

 


Edited by Americana
  • Like 1
  • KEKW 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LorshZontek
15 minutes ago, Americana said:

 

Oh yeah, 100 new obnoxious and disgusting sport cars in Grand Theft Auto V. I can't wait.

 

Meh.

 


All the new sports cars look so similar now, they also drive like ass tbh

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Niobium
Posted (edited)

the fact that this thread is still going 155 pages strong while other GTAs don't even have a whine & complain thread says all you need to know about this sh*tty game. lol

Edited by Niobium
  • Like 12
  • YEE 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jyrni

I think I'm officially done with GTA Online. After the "new" PS5 "expanded and enhanced" "reveal" "trailer" I just said f*ck it and am turning to singleplayer modding instead. I don't know how popular modding is as a topic here due most people playing only on console, but it really is a whole new experience. Even if you stick to lore-friendly mods like VisualV, World of Variety or Realism Dispatch. However, modding made me realize just how underwhelming the vanilla base game experience is to me. I was in a ranting mood, and was thinking about Getinthebackahh's post and how much stuff I agreed with, so here's a few complaints:

 

Spoiler

- Aircraft turbulence is annoying because it's completely random. They could have added some skill to flying planes by making turbulence avoidable. Make turbulence only happen when flying behind another plane, flying over tall buildings or mountains, or flying in adverse weather conditions. And the turbulence gets worse the more time you do those things for. (i.e. if flying in or over the Maze Bank Tower area, the turbulence starts off subtle and becomes more extreme the longer you spend in that area.) I'm no expert on turbulence so none of that is probably how it works in real life, but it's just a suggestion to make that mechanic more interesting and less of an annoyance.

 

- The dispatch system. Cops in this game are really just not fun for me. This one deserves it's own list:

-- Cops having inhuman accuracy, never missing a shot

-- They constantly charge at you

-- Their guns doing more damage the more stars you have

-- Instantly respawning helicopters that pepper you with 4 round bursts

-- Your health only regenerating when standing still or being in cover + when in a vehicle

 These factors create a gameplay loop where your only options to avoid being infinitely swarmed are either hide in a hole or perpetually drive away from them. This is not fun.

 

- The gunplay. All guns are pretty much 100% accurate unless you really unload with them. This, paired with dumbed down ragdoll physics that have every enemy flopping to the ground when shot makes for

really basic and simple combat compared to GTA IV's. I also kind of miss being able to see how much health and armour my opponents have. It made it surprisingly interesting to have to manage which enemies to focus my fire on, especially when battling NOOSE. Then again, I miss having to manage which enemies to shoot at at all, since in GTA V they just flop to the ground every time you click on them.

 

- Your gun losing a magazine when you die is moronic. This one affects GTA Online more than it does story mode (since having explosives and assorted explosives types is more important in Online), but it's still absolutely stupid. Losing half of my grenade launcher ammo if I have it out when I die is stupid. Losing a rocket or a grenade when I die is stupid. This sh*t stupid.

 

- I miss how durable helicopters were in IV. You could even smash the tail off of them. In V, if you do even a little bit of damage, it will start smoking and will eventually cut the engine entirely. Then again, I've only tested this with the Buzzard AC but I imagine it applies to the rest of the helis in the game?

 

- Landing a car the wrong way and having it instantly explode. Who thought that was a good idea? What the f*ck? f*ck off.

 

- The game's economy is unrewarding. You get 20 mil just for completing the story missions. It would be better if the heists were more difficult and a test of your skill in some kind of way. I think having the heists get progressively more difficult as you go along the story would be a lot more satisfying to complete, especially with how on-rails and set piecey they are. Knowing Rockstar, however, "more difficult" would just mean the enemies get more ridiculously accurate and do that stupid rapid-burst-fire thing that takes your health down in less than a second.

 

- Expanding on the economy, it feels like there's nothing to spend my money on, especially after completing the story.

-- Why bother upgrading my guns and giving them a pink finish if there's nothing to shoot? And as I already said, every gun is 100% accurate and every enemy flops over when shot, so why bother buying ANY guns? You could probably do a pistol-only playthrough easily.

-- Why bother buying fast cars and upgrading them and making them look cool? There's no reason to use them because pretty much every mission that requires a car will hand you one. And will make sure that you use the car it handed to you. And on top of that, even if you buy a car from the internet, once it's gone it's gone. At least GTA Online introduced vehicle insurance.

-- Why bother buying clothes and making your characters look the way you want when, well... you know the rest.

 

 

I could add more, but that was just the stuff that came to mind. So many things could have been done better. But I guess listening to the community was out of the question even before they charged $10 million for the Max Payne 3 yacht. lol. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Schokoladeka
50 minutes ago, Jyrni said:

I think I'm officially done with GTA Online. After the "new" PS5 "expanded and enhanced" "reveal" "trailer" I just said f*ck it and am turning to singleplayer modding instead. I don't know how popular modding is as a topic here due most people playing only on console, but it really is a whole new experience. Even if you stick to lore-friendly mods like VisualV, World of Variety or Realism Dispatch. However, modding made me realize just how underwhelming the vanilla base game experience is to me. I was in a ranting mood, and was thinking about Getinthebackahh's post and how much stuff I agreed with, so here's a few complaints:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

- Aircraft turbulence is annoying because it's completely random. They could have added some skill to flying planes by making turbulence avoidable. Make turbulence only happen when flying behind another plane, flying over tall buildings or mountains, or flying in adverse weather conditions. And the turbulence gets worse the more time you do those things for. (i.e. if flying in or over the Maze Bank Tower area, the turbulence starts off subtle and becomes more extreme the longer you spend in that area.) I'm no expert on turbulence so none of that is probably how it works in real life, but it's just a suggestion to make that mechanic more interesting and less of an annoyance.

 

- The dispatch system. Cops in this game are really just not fun for me. This one deserves it's own list:

-- Cops having inhuman accuracy, never missing a shot

-- They constantly charge at you

-- Their guns doing more damage the more stars you have

-- Instantly respawning helicopters that pepper you with 4 round bursts

-- Your health only regenerating when standing still or being in cover + when in a vehicle

 These factors create a gameplay loop where your only options to avoid being infinitely swarmed are either hide in a hole or perpetually drive away from them. This is not fun.

 

- The gunplay. All guns are pretty much 100% accurate unless you really unload with them. This, paired with dumbed down ragdoll physics that have every enemy flopping to the ground when shot makes for

really basic and simple combat compared to GTA IV's. I also kind of miss being able to see how much health and armour my opponents have. It made it surprisingly interesting to have to manage which enemies to focus my fire on, especially when battling NOOSE. Then again, I miss having to manage which enemies to shoot at at all, since in GTA V they just flop to the ground every time you click on them.

 

- Your gun losing a magazine when you die is moronic. This one affects GTA Online more than it does story mode (since having explosives and assorted explosives types is more important in Online), but it's still absolutely stupid. Losing half of my grenade launcher ammo if I have it out when I die is stupid. Losing a rocket or a grenade when I die is stupid. This sh*t stupid.

 

- I miss how durable helicopters were in IV. You could even smash the tail off of them. In V, if you do even a little bit of damage, it will start smoking and will eventually cut the engine entirely. Then again, I've only tested this with the Buzzard AC but I imagine it applies to the rest of the helis in the game?

 

- Landing a car the wrong way and having it instantly explode. Who thought that was a good idea? What the f*ck? f*ck off.

 

- The game's economy is unrewarding. You get 20 mil just for completing the story missions. It would be better if the heists were more difficult and a test of your skill in some kind of way. I think having the heists get progressively more difficult as you go along the story would be a lot more satisfying to complete, especially with how on-rails and set piecey they are. Knowing Rockstar, however, "more difficult" would just mean the enemies get more ridiculously accurate and do that stupid rapid-burst-fire thing that takes your health down in less than a second.

 

- Expanding on the economy, it feels like there's nothing to spend my money on, especially after completing the story.

-- Why bother upgrading my guns and giving them a pink finish if there's nothing to shoot? And as I already said, every gun is 100% accurate and every enemy flops over when shot, so why bother buying ANY guns? You could probably do a pistol-only playthrough easily.

-- Why bother buying fast cars and upgrading them and making them look cool? There's no reason to use them because pretty much every mission that requires a car will hand you one. And will make sure that you use the car it handed to you. And on top of that, even if you buy a car from the internet, once it's gone it's gone. At least GTA Online introduced vehicle insurance.

-- Why bother buying clothes and making your characters look the way you want when, well... you know the rest.

 

 

I could add more, but that was just the stuff that came to mind. So many things could have been done better. But I guess listening to the community was out of the question even before they charged $10 million for the Max Payne 3 yacht. lol. 

 

You're officially done until GTA Online finally gets re-re-re-released for PS5, then you'll be back on track again. You'll be purchasing Great White Shark cards like there's no tomorrow but you know what? I salute you on that. You sacrifice your parents' hard earned money for us. I mean for Rockstar. Your sacrifice will not be in vain! I promise you that, boy.  

 

Singeplayer modding is awful. It's a bad experience. I'm telling you, GTA Online is where it's at. 

  • KEKW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dryspace

I am curious though, since I haven't played enough AAA games in the last few years to know--did most of you think that the PC/Current Gen version of GTA V was graphically as good or better than any open world game that was made specifically for current gen?

 

E.g., I didn't compare side-to-side, but I tried Watch_Dogs for the first time last month, and I remember GTA V being more impressive graphically, especially when you consider that WD has terrible draw distance and pop-in, and abysmal performance to boot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ryo256
1 hour ago, Dryspace said:

I am curious though, since I haven't played enough AAA games in the last few years to know--did most of you think that the PC/Current Gen version of GTA V was graphically as good or better than any open world game that was made specifically for current gen?

 

E.g., I didn't compare side-to-side, but I tried Watch_Dogs for the first time last month, and I remember GTA V being more impressive graphically, especially when you consider that WD has terrible draw distance and pop-in, and abysmal performance to boot.

W_D isn't a good example to compare for two reasons. It was Ubisoft's first attempt at the genre and secondly, W_D was more of a response to GTA IV (serious nature) than V (W_D 2 seems closer).

I played on PC and it was a lot better than previous gen but I think 2014 onward games did feels more graphically impressive. Reason why is probably because they had a color theme going for them e.g Assassin's Creed Unity. However GTA V had one thing going for it, optimization. While graphics weren't that mind-blowing, having these kind of graphics on such a large game spoke highly of how well R* managed to optimize GTA V on PC. It was expected as well since Max Payne 3 was also pretty good looking for its time and ran like smooth butter for me.

Personally, there are games that are graphically better than current gen/PC version of V but I don't think any of them had the same polish and scale as V did. So it's a bit unfair to compare IMO.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liberty-TG
On 6/12/2020 at 5:12 PM, universetwisters said:

Imagine buying the same game four times

I only bought it once for the PS3 and I am very proud of it. I don't regret not buying it for PS4, PC or PS5. Why should I buy it??

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LorshZontek
6 hours ago, Tengerecki said:

 

You're officially done until GTA Online finally gets re-re-re-released for PS5, then you'll be back on track again. You'll be purchasing Great White Shark cards like there's no tomorrow but you know what? I salute you on that. You sacrifice your parents' hard earned money for us. I mean for Rockstar. Your sacrifice will not be in vain! I promise you that, boy.  

 

Singeplayer modding is awful. It's a bad experience. I'm telling you, GTA Online is where it's at. 

L.A. Noire "Doubt" / Press X To Doubt | Know Your Meme

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 4 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.