Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Diamond Casino Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA 6

      1. St Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

    6. GTA Vice City Stories

    7. GTA Liberty City Stories

    8. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    9. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    10. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    11. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
PatrickJr.

Official GTAV Whine and Complain Thread

Recommended Posts

Dryspace
2 minutes ago, Ryo256 said:

Yeah I also noticed AI will do something similar as well. I picked up a hooker and an armored car spawned nearby, causing the girl to get out of my car and run away like she is being attacked.

Maybe she just saw a couple of clients with a lot more money than you.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ryo256
Just now, Dryspace said:

Maybe she just saw a couple of clients with a lot more money than you.

Damn hoes! Wouldn't be surprised if she robbed the armored car before me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
silly_nate

Not really V related per se but I’m so sick and tired of all these noobs posting online related threads in this section

 

it grinds my gears 

 

mods should put a big banner at the top of the page

single player only

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
El Penguin Bobo
5 hours ago, silly_nate said:

Not really V related per se but I’m so sick and tired of all these noobs posting online related threads in this section

 

it grinds my gears 

I thought I was the only one who was annoyed by it. I want actual GTA V posts damn it.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ertan Soner
On 8/21/2019 at 1:35 PM, silly_nate said:

Not really V related per se but I’m so sick and tired of all these noobs posting online related threads in this section

 

it grinds my gears 

 

mods should put a big banner at the top of the page

single player only

Finally someone said it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Max.pain

body armors felt too useless

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Algonquin Assassin
9 hours ago, Max.pain said:

body armors felt too useless

Yeah. I mean who honestly uses the lower levels of armour? I've said it before, but I think the armour should've been resistant to different types of ammo instead of having different damage bars. Also the bomb suit we use in the Paleto Bay bank job just feels like wearing normal armour. 

 

I thought it would've been more resilient. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Max.pain
Just now, SonOfLiberty said:

mean who honestly uses the lower levels of armour

especially if you’re new in the game and want to protect yourself they are just wasting your money. i remember it being a lifesaver in the older titles

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Western Gunslinger
On 8/21/2019 at 5:35 PM, silly_nate said:

Not really V related per se but I’m so sick and tired of all these noobs posting online related threads in this section

 

it grinds my gears 

 

mods should put a big banner at the top of the page

single player only

I always reported these kind of threads, and that's how I get my award:p.

 

But really though, V subforum isn't really that active like it used to be

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
El Penguin Bobo
10 minutes ago, Legion of Hell said:

But really though, V subforum isn't really that active like it used to be

Really wish it was. The only section that's really active is help and support, and even that has a lot to do with Online.

 

Or we just get another one of those crappy roleplay threads.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cameron Star

I hate Michael's third triathalon that goes on for about half an hour. Like, ugh.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maximummoist

Why in the hell don't we have a manual gearbox option for land vehicles online or story. 

 

I'd get it every single time even if it was a half a mil LSC option. 

 

The auto box just kills drifting and offroading. 

 

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, Just my 2 cents. 

Bonus picture of my Sand King at the dam for no real reason:

 

vNgAsa6EY0iml9jm2-OAXg_0_0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Max.pain

protagonists change their clothes, this kills clothing options

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dryspace
3 hours ago, Max.pain said:

protagonists change their clothes, this kills clothing options

Yeah, but I thought the clothing options themselves kinda killed clothing options.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Max.pain
1 minute ago, Dryspace said:

Yeah, but I thought the clothing options themselves kinda killed clothing options.

what does that mean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dryspace
5 minutes ago, Max.pain said:

what does that mean?

I wasn't impressed with the clothing options at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
silly_nate
22 hours ago, Dryspace said:

Yeah, but I thought the clothing options themselves kinda killed clothing options.

Same. I don’t like how Michael can wear vans and Franklin can’t. What’s worse is that Michael can only wear them with a suit. He can only wear vans with a f*cking suit :sui: can’t change his shoes when he’s wearing jeans either. Why bother adding non Oxford shoes if he can only wear them with a suit. Looks goofy as hell

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nb2010

When you hold up a store and the shopkeeper empties the till but the money is invisable as if he is just grabbing at thin air.

Takes me right out of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChiroVette
On 8/26/2019 at 4:25 PM, Cameron Star said:

I hate Michael's third triathalon that goes on for about half an hour. Like, ugh.

I have to agree. This mission could have been easily fixed had they implemented the same sprinting mechanic in V that they had in VC and III, where you simply hold down X (PS2/3/4). The thing is that I would have enjoyed this LONG as triathlon a lot more if for that one race, you could simply hold down X rather than pressing it manically for a half hour. Poorly thought out mission, to be honest. But the scenery you swim, cycle, and run through are so beautiful that this triathlon would have actually been enjoyable to me if I didn't have to raginly press X until I wanted to kill someone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dryspace
11 hours ago, ChiroVette said:

Poorly thought out mission, to be honest.

Poorly thought out mechanic, yes.

 

It's actually concerning, as it suggests that one or more people at the top of the hierarchy didn't really understand video games, to say nothing of their 40+ year history.

 

When it comes to art, you can just throw something at the wall and see if it sticks, but games are engineering, and you need to make sure the mechanics are solidly designed and actually fun to deal with.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
15 hours ago, ChiroVette said:

I have to agree. This mission could have been easily fixed had they implemented the same sprinting mechanic in V that they had in VC and III, where you simply hold down X (PS2/3/4). The thing is that I would have enjoyed this LONG as triathlon a lot more if for that one race, you could simply hold down X rather than pressing it manically for a half hour. Poorly thought out mission, to be honest. But the scenery you swim, cycle, and run through are so beautiful that this triathlon would have actually been enjoyable to me if I didn't have to raginly press X until I wanted to kill someone.

I kind of like the really long one in theory, it's mildly amusing to me that they put in such an outrageously long triathlon with no clue of how long it's going to be before starting it, and the scenery during the bike part is nice. What kills it for me is that the terrible rubberbanding system means it's the EXACT same race every time, where you can predict exactly what's going to happen at each stage, you ALWAYS only just win and there's no way to have variation like sometimes being really far behind or really far ahead. Renders replaying it pointless. 

 

I agree about tapping the x button in general, there's no good reason whatsoever that we should be having to mash a button and get repetitive strain injury to sprint or ride a bike or swim fast instead of just holding one. It's just annoying, discourages me from travelling on foot and wears my controller out. 

 

Speaking of killing things it really is one thing about the driving in V that ruins it, and that's how any vehicle you're driving feels like a toy car with no weight, but any vehicle you hit is somehow as heavy as a giant boulder and stops you dead when you hit it (even if it's the same one you were just driving that felt like a feather). Absolutely kills the fun of barrelling down a highway, and is also super annoying in city traffic because instead of being able to nudge a car you've hit or is blocking you out the way you ALWAYS have to reverse and go around it. The vehicle handling in general isn't that bad and only bettered by GTA IV imo but that aspect is very bad.

 

 

 

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
perennial

Probably been said a million times before but how landing cars the wrong way leads to an instant explosion and the unpredictability of windshield ejection deaths, still annoying every time.

Edited by perennial
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChiroVette
22 hours ago, Dryspace said:

Poorly thought out mechanic, yes.

 

It's actually concerning, as it suggests that one or more people at the top of the hierarchy didn't really understand video games, to say nothing of their 40+ year history.

 

When it comes to art, you can just throw something at the wall and see if it sticks, but games are engineering, and you need to make sure the mechanics are solidly designed and actually fun to deal with.

 

Its funny, but the part of your post that I underlined is literally the exact, same thing I kept saying way back in 2008, about GTA IV. Now, I am NOT trying to start up a V versus IV argument yet again. But I totally see what you're saying with this race, even though I enjoy the hell out of these Triathlons, except for the repetitive stress injury, as @billiejoearmstrong8 rightly points out. Now the reason I bring this up is not to bash IV, or this mission, but to say that Rockstar no longer sees their GTA games as "videogames," and I realized this when playing through IV over 10 years ago. They see GTA, at least from my perspective, as some form of on-screen, real-life-simulator, if your real life consisted of being a total psychopath hellbent on working your way up the criminal empire.

 

One of my biggest complaints about IV were that the "game" seemed so focused on trying to virtually imitate real life, that it felt to me like it was not a game at all. I found it lacked so many of the elements of a good videogame, because it felt to me like Rockstar was trying too hard. Now obviously a lot of people disagree, but your statement resonates. I know some people here disagree with me, and thing V is the "lesser game" so I am not trying to argue against that or for V.

Edited by ChiroVette
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
2 hours ago, ChiroVette said:

 

Its funny, but the part of your post that I underlined is literally the exact, same thing I kept saying way back in 2008, about GTA IV. Now, I am NOT trying to start up a V versus IV argument yet again. But I totally see what you're saying with this race, even though I enjoy the hell out of these Triathlons, except for the repetitive stress injury, as @billiejoearmstrong8 rightly points out. Now the reason I bring this up is not to bash IV, or this mission, but to say that Rockstar no longer sees their GTA games as "videogames," and I realized this when playing through IV over 10 years ago. They see GTA, at least from my perspective, as some form of on-screen, real-life-simulator, if your real life consisted of being a total psychopath hellbent on working your way up the criminal empire.

 

One of my biggest complaints about IV were that the "game" seemed so focused on trying to virtually imitate real life, that it felt to me like it was not a game at all. I found it lacked so many of the elements of a good videogame, because it felt to me like Rockstar was trying too hard. Now obviously a lot of people disagree, but your statement resonates. I know some people here disagree with me, and thing V is the "lesser game" so I am not trying to argue against that or for V.

I dunno, I think GTA tries to be a balance between both those two things, video game fun and realism. It's just a case of getting that balance right. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dryspace
3 hours ago, ChiroVette said:

Rockstar no longer sees their GTA games as "videogames," and I realized this when playing through IV over 10 years ago. They see GTA, at least from my perspective, as some form of on-screen, real-life-simulator...

 

One of my biggest complaints about IV were that the "game" seemed so focused on trying to virtually imitate real life, that it felt to me like it was not a game at all. I found it lacked so many of the elements of a good videogame...

I understand what you are saying. I think you are seeing the same thing that I am. I don't think the issue is the simulation aspect, though. I love the idea of a hybrid video game/simulation--this is the direction that many PC games started going toward around ~2000.

 

The problem is when a developer puts any aspect--be it realism, aesthetics, story, "cinematics", etc.--ahead of gameplay. If a person doesn't want to make a video game, there's nothing wrong with that. The Interactive Story is a legitimate experience. But if one is trying to make a video game, it is always a mistake to compromise gameplay, or more generally "fun", at the expense of something else.

 

One example is the Form over Function mistake, which is unfortunately still being committed to this day. I won't list examples, as there are plenty to choose from, but when a character's actions and interactions are sometimes difficult, annoying, inconsistent, or overly restricted--but the actions that he does perform are visually realistic, the developer has committed this error.

 

The developer wanted the character's movements, in all respects, to look realistic and natural, but failed to understand that this is not always compatible with the necessity of the character to interact with the world in real time. Technology can help with this, but the point is that when it's a matter of one or the other, the choice must always be responsive and accurate--and fun--gameplay over realistic animation.

 

There are many examples of gameplay done right, but I'll mention Arkham City since it's on my mind. Imagine if the devs had prioritized animation and overall movement that was as realistic as possible over fluid, responsive combat. Suffice it to say, the combat would have been realistically crappy. It doesn't matter that it's a superhero game and not inherently realistic. The point is that the devs could have made that mistake, and it would have ruined it.

 

I haven't played RDR2 yet, and am hoping that the rumors about a PC release are true, but as I've said before I'm skeptical about how much I'll enjoy the gameplay, as it sounds like they did prioritize form over function, and sacrificed player agency and decision-making in exchange for rigid cinematics.

Edited by Dryspace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gunziness

The thing is, GTAIV had realistic animations (at least for their time) but i dont see how it went a step back when it comes to gameplay (compared to SA, which was more cartoony and gameplay oriented). In my eyes it didnt sacrifice any movement-related gameplay, but the opposite, it went ahead and improved it (grab on ledges, pick up objects, move sideways while crouching w/o doing a roll, doing rolls to any direction, reloading weapons, aiming while doing a drive-by, etc etc etc). I could explore pretty much 95% of the map in GTAIV and 100% of it with TBoGT with the adittion of the parachute. In GTAV on the other hand, gampleay related to movement in general was heavily downgraded in order to look realistic: no crouching, you die from: skydiving into water, falling from 20mts, diving out of th car at high speeds, getting launched fron bike / windshield, etc etc. You cant grab on ledges, cant pick up objects, cant jump & grab from ledge A to ledge B like it was possible before, and more. these alone crippled the gameplay and exploring experience drastically for me, so in this case i fully agree.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Max.pain
On 8/28/2019 at 2:17 AM, Max.pain said:

protagonists change their clothes, this kills clothing options

the more i use it the more i realise clothing in this game is pure cancer. for some reason only god knows, michael changes his short to his suit when i buy that shoes in the store.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
El Penguin Bobo
8 minutes ago, Max.pain said:

the more i use it the more i realise clothing in this game is pure cancer.

Hm, I don't know. I honestly feel like San Andreas was worse in this regard. You can make CJ look like a total douchebag and it's to the point where even the original clothes look better. There were less restrictions however unlike in V.

 

OT: One thing that annoyed me is how whenever I steal a jet from Fort Zancudo, a rocket hits me IMMEDIATELY after not even a second lifting off. Is this a bug?

 

I don't recall this ever happening before in last gen, so maybe it's a next gen thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Max.pain
16 minutes ago, El Penguin Bobo said:

You can make CJ look like a total douchebag

it’s not it, at least you can choose which shoes you want to wear no matter what other clothes you wear at the same time in SA. i’ll try those shoes in michael’s house and see if it’s possible that way. 

 

19 minutes ago, El Penguin Bobo said:

One thing that annoyed me is how whenever I steal a jet from Fort Zancudo, a rocket hits me IMMEDIATELY after not even a second lifting off. Is this a bug?

do not get high untill you reach the sea, i watched on youtube that works.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ryo256
10 hours ago, gunziness said:

The thing is, GTAIV had realistic animations (at least for their time) but i dont see how it went a step back when it comes to gameplay (compared to SA, which was more cartoony and gameplay oriented). In my eyes it didnt sacrifice any movement-related gameplay, but the opposite, it went ahead and improved it (grab on ledges, pick up objects, move sideways while crouching w/o doing a roll, doing rolls to any direction, reloading weapons, aiming while doing a drive-by, etc etc etc). I could explore pretty much 95% of the map in GTAIV and 100% of it with TBoGT with the adittion of the parachute. In GTAV on the other hand, gampleay related to movement in general was heavily downgraded in order to look realistic: no crouching, you die from: skydiving into water, falling from 20mts, diving out of th car at high speeds, getting launched fron bike / windshield, etc etc. You cant grab on ledges, cant pick up objects, cant jump & grab from ledge A to ledge B like it was possible before, and more. these alone crippled the gameplay and exploring experience drastically for me, so in this case i fully agree.

I totally agree. 

But one thing I wanted to add to this was that GTA IV was consistent with itself. The same physics, with its pro and cons were applied to the protagonist and everyone else in the game. People might describe it as being put in a disadvantage but so was your enemies in that game. It felt fair.

However in GTA V, police will somehow get boost and hit your car from behind, overriding the physics that limits them. If you fall down, your character takes their sweet time getting up yet NPCs can shoot you while laying down. That's one type of examples of how GTA V was inconsistent with itself. The level of scripting during missions also broke the consistency like Trevor attaching himself to the plane when Ron steals it and starts going infinite ammo on everyone. And lastly the physics that are applied on the character are not the same physics you will find being applied on the vehicles, it kinda makes the game feel more artificial than its predecessors where every aspect of the game had the same physics in order for the player to get used to and immerse themselves into the game world. 

At the end of the day I can say, previous GTA had a direction and follow them accordingly. GTA V doesn't seem to have much of a direction, weird mix and match of sacrificing gameplay for realistic animations yet on other occasion, intense scripting to facilitate gameplay that makes the animations don't seem realistic either at time.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.