2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
PatrickJr.

Official GTAV Whine and Complain Thread

American Venom
3 hours ago, Copcaller said:

Also the internet it felt so lacking compared to 4 and no police database

Yeah. The internet feels like it's less functional outside of being able to buy vehicles. Can't even receive emails to respond to them positively/negatively. It was hilarious some of the sh*t Niko would say to Brucie over email.:lol:

And this is more of a preference, but I could sit for hours reading the websites in GTA IV like MyRoom, CrapList etc. It was so much more interesting/humouress. In GTA V like the TV shows I can't be bothered with it.

Dryspace
2 hours ago, Miamivicecity said:

And this is more of a preference, but I could sit for hours reading the websites in GTA IV like MyRoom, CrapList etc. It was so much more interesting/humouress. In GTA V like the TV shows I can't be bothered with it.

Maybe this was just because GTA V was my first GTA, but I was captivated by the television shows, and to a slightly lesser extent the radio programs. I had never seen anything like it in a game, or rather, anything done so well. The closest thing was probably a few years before when I played Max Payne and Max Payne 2 for the first time, and just stood there watching the television.

I spent a good amount of time watching TV in GTA V, deliberately stopping after a show ended so that I could space out the awesomeness during the game.

Edited by Dryspace

TheSantader25
8 hours ago, Copcaller said:

I found it better than IV. It had a lot of interactive websites and once again I find the humor in the two games somewhat similar. 

Edited by TheSantader25

American Venom

The tv shows in GTA V are really forgettable. I can remember I'm Rich, The Men's Room, Serated Edge, Republican Space Rangers etc in GTA IV no problem at all. Hell I loved there was a history documentary of Liberty City that had R*'s humouress spin on it yet yet I'd struggle to name a single show from GTA V's.

Then again I kinda hate GTA V's expression of humour so that's probably why nothing stands out.

Darealbandicoot
16 hours ago, Miamivicecity said:

Yeah. The internet feels like it's less functional outside of being able to buy vehicles. Can't even receive emails to respond to them positively/negatively. It was hilarious some of the sh*t Niko would say to Brucie over email.:lol:

I thought I was the only one who did this lol. The Internet and TV shows in GTA 4 I could watch and surf for hours and not get bored. In GTA V however, After two minutes I can't stick it anymore.

Also, GTA V USED to have a positive/negative email system but was scrapped before release and only the positive email remains.

In the unpatched last gen copies it clearly has a "pick a response" option with only the positive reply. 

Also, what the hell is up with the talk radios in GTA V? They are utter garbage compared to all the other talk radios in the series.

Hell GTA 4 even had a radio where Rockstar ran a competition to call in to a number and tell your most outlandish story and the best ones would be featured in the game.

It's a damn shame since back when I was at school, when doing homework or study I would just fire up a GTA game and listen to the talk shows in the pause menu. 

Edited by Darealbandicoot

Dryspace

So how far back in the series do the radio talk shows and television shows go? Since I found GTA V's content entertaining, this is just making me want to play the earlier games even more.

From everything that I've learned, I'd like most to try GTA IV and San Andreas, but if I get a collection I'll probably just try them all in order starting with GTA III.

Edited by Dryspace

TheSantader25
11 minutes ago, Dryspace said:

So how far back in the series do the radio talk shows and television shows go? Since I found GTA V's content entertaining, this is just making me want to play the earlier games even more.

From everything that I've learned, I'd like most to try GTA IV and San Andreas, but if I get a collection I'll probably just try them all in order starting with GTA III.

The first talk radio was in GTA III. Chatterbox FM. We had them in every game after that. If you ask me the GTA III one was the funniest to date because it was entirely hosted by Lazlow. 

D9fred95

VCPR will always be the best talk show IMO. Who needs a wall when you can have... a river.

Dryspace
6 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

The first talk radio was in GTA III. Chatterbox FM. We had them in every game after that. If you ask me the GTA III one was the funniest to date because it was entirely hosted by Lazlow. 

Wow...I didn't know Lazlow went that far back. I thought he was just hired on for GTA V. Very interesting....

TheSantader25
48 minutes ago, Dryspace said:

Wow...I didn't know Lazlow went that far back. I thought he was just hired on for GTA V. Very interesting....

Yep he is one of the OG people and responsible for music and satirical look of the series for a long time. 

FadeAway

The train is strong like bull.

Ertan Soner
10 hours ago, FadeAway said:

The train is strong like bull.

Nokia 3310 is also indestructible but everybody is okay with it.

FadeAway
13 hours ago, Ertan Soner said:

Nokia 3310 is also indestructible but everybody is okay with it.

I can take out the train engineer and the train still goes though, too.

Edited by FadeAway

BurnettVice

No single player dlc. Really lame of R* to make us wait years for it and not say a thing about it. Literally sweeping it under the rug lol. Such a missed opportunity smh. It would've been cool to go on more adventures with M, T, and F. The trio does something dumb and reckless and become enemies of Don Percival. I would to see Michael doing more fixer missions for Solomon Richards, while occasionally doing a heist. Trevor expanding TPI and dealing with more competition from other outfits. Now that the lost are wiped out, AOD try reclaim their territory. Franklin brings on Lamar to do heists and upstarting their own gang. 

FadeAway
3 hours ago, BurnettVice said:

No single player dlc. Really lame of R* to make us wait years for it and not say a thing about it. Literally sweeping it under the rug lol. Such a missed opportunity smh. It would've been cool to go on more adventures with M, T, and F. The trio does something dumb and reckless and become enemies of Don Percival. I would to see Michael doing more fixer missions for Solomon Richards, while occasionally doing a heist. Trevor expanding TPI and dealing with more competition from other outfits. Now that the lost are wiped out, AOD try reclaim their territory. Franklin brings on Lamar to do heists and upstarting their own gang. 

What could've been. i would've liked to have seen Michael working with Lester too.

danosky
On 1/17/2019 at 4:21 PM, BurnettVice said:

This so much.

GTA V felt shorter than IV, if only because there were three dlcs for IV, each one of them being a complete game by itself.

I also felt disappointed that many of the updates for online weren't applied to the solo game (cars/weapons/some missions). I'm mostly a solo player and I don't care much for online, but I keep seeing the additional stuff online gets and just think there are many people who would pay for those things. The assets are there and it wouldn't take R* much longer to incorporate them into the solo game, nor it would be that expensive.

American Venom
On 1/18/2019 at 11:21 AM, BurnettVice said:

It's worse when you consider they actually had plans for DLC, but then shelved it to focus on GTAO. They would've been better off not saying anything at all.

I hope they don't make the same mistake with Red Dead Redemption 2.

Ertan Soner
9 hours ago, American Venom said:

It's worse when you consider they actually had plans for DLC, but then shelved it to focus on GTAO. They would've been better off not saying anything at all.

I hope they don't make the same mistake with Red Dead Redemption 2.

I think they don't know what to do anymore. I am almost sure they want to focus online in rdr2 too. I mean their excuse will be "there is enough content already, no need for sp dlc" but they know they will get hate for that. They done before but not again.

ChiroVette
3 hours ago, Ertan Soner said:

I think they don't know what to do anymore. I am almost sure they want to focus online in rdr2 too. I mean their excuse will be "there is enough content already, no need for sp dlc" but they know they will get hate for that. They done before but not again.

I think they know precisely what they want to do. Unfortunately, its NOT something that is overall beneficial to the players, at least those of us more interested in the single player experience. Let's be clear, the gravy train I laughingly refer to as GTAO has been paying and paying and paying and paying. I am quite certain that Take2 and Rockstar are going to monetize the living sh*t out of RDR2O (or whatever the hell the Online is called) just as they continue to do with GTA V.

Funny, I have a history of staunch disagreement with a lot of the IV fans about V, but on this issue, I am 100% on the same page as they are. I know GTAO is reputed to be an amazing experience. Well, at least once you get past the hackers that can get you banned even if you're innocent by unloading money on you, the griefers, the terrible matchmaking that I have heard is lopsided, AND what I have read is a tedious grind to get enough GTA Bucks to buy all the cool stuff. But as good as GTAO may be, if it really is, I want no part of it. Not when supporting it means supporting the feckless thugs who are more interested in selling shark cards than they are in supporting the longstanding fanbase, many of whom have been with GTA long before there was even any such thing as GTAO or Shark Cards.

Edited by ChiroVette

Rashidr1

XLitrally tried to do a business cargo and the selling part was stupid asf. I had to use a weak trash as plane that busted a engine by a tap. Then when I actually delivered it and it stand at the same number. Than it was next to impossible to deliver because the cops kept coming on me. they said go lower so cops don't detect. I was already to close to the ground and still police detect me. I go high police detect me. So I'm done with this trasha $$ game like really I wasted money so much cargo and didn't get paid at all. I'm bouts to delete this trash, broken, deada $$ game.

Just now, Rashidr1 said:

XLitrally tried to do a business cargo and the selling part was stupid asf. I had to use a weak trash as plane that busted a engine by a tap. Then when I actually delivered it and it stand at the same number. Than it was next to impossible to deliver because the cops kept coming on me. they said go lower so cops don't detect. I was already to close to the ground and still police detect me. I go high police detect me. So I'm done with this trasha $$ game like really I wasted money so much cargo and didn't get paid at all. I'm bouts to delete this trash, broken, deada $$ game.

Gta is a trash stupid ass game

LorshZontek
On 1/14/2019 at 1:13 PM, Copcaller said:

i agree in gta v it felt like it was just there to be there if you get me 

UpdateHater

I once wanted to have a big hangout with all the characters in the game so as franklin i found a big crew cab, got chop, went to get the other two, and chop just runs away! plenty of space for chop in that truck, but nooo, the game will not let me hangout with every character, such. a. shame.

Edited by UpdateHater

Dryspace
2 hours ago, UpdateHater said:

I once wanted to have a big hangout with all the characters in the game so as franklin i found a big crew cab, got chop, went to get the other two, and chop just runs away! plenty of space for chop in that truck, but nooo, the game will not let me hangout with every character, such. a. shame.

It would be awesome if there was a possibility of randomly running into one of the other two characters while roaming around. Even better if you could help them out of trouble.

billiejoearmstrong8
22 hours ago, UpdateHater said:

Chop also runs away if you go near a mission or enter certain buildings, and when he's with you no other animals appear. It's hard to have any fun with him with these restrictions

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

UpdateHater

I Just wanted to play some GTA V, but ohhhhhhhhhhhh noooooooooooooo, R* has sneaked an update in!

R* Please stop using up my HDD space with your useless junk, there's bad sectors on my drive, and you R* are probably one who caused them!

I swear if you R* do this again, i will sue you, spoiling fun is a reason to sue, how do you think people are going to play your goddamn games if you push stupid, useless, updates to them that break them?

I might do GTA Online but i'll have to take all my mods out, and there's a lot of them

Edited by UpdateHater

Ondr4H

Same problem, I want play GTA V for few minutes.

Bam! update and my free minutes are ruined.

ATP2555

GTA V is a prime example of one step forward, two steps backward.

Why did they take out restaurants and vendors? The only way to refill health, other than switching characters or saving, is to find a health pack.

In GTA IV, if a cop had you at gunpoint, you had the option to run away. In GTA V, when a cop has you at gunpoint, your character immediately surrenders and you get busted.

There are no criminals in this game(well there are, but you'll hardly notice them). They finally added a 'Cops killed' and 'NOOSE killed' statistic, but they remove the 'Criminals killed' statistic. WTF Rockstar?

When an animal(dog or cougar) jumps onto you, there's absolutely NO way to get it off, and it instantly kills you(unless you happen to be Trevor and use his special ability).

The gangs in this game are dull. I know they're not the main focus, but they seem to have been put in just to be there. They have no interaction with each other at all, and they only carry pistols, despite - as Official General pointed out last year - LA street gangs being known to pack SMGs, Sawed-Offs and AKs. Getting into random fights with gangs is rather boring. I think I know why the gangs only carry pistols, because they wanted to try and make Online players level up to get their weapons(excluding the fact that you can easily obtain Carbine Rifles from the cops at the airport). Regardless, Rockstar was still very lazy on that one.

Melee combat is extremely pussified. Even when provoked, you can still knock someone out with a stupid special move. Melee weapons seem to kill in one hit too.

The guns are incredibly boring to use. They have no recoil(despite recoil values existing in the coding) and are laser-accurate. Every other weapon in a certain class has better stats than the previous one. Once you get the Combat MG, the regular MG becomes useless. What's the point of the Combat Pistol? It has at least one additional point of damage compared to the regular Pistol, and both of them become useless once you get the AP Pistol. The fact that automatic weapons have looping sound effects also irks me to no end(they seem to have taken a page out of Saints Row, which has the same issue). Why do assault rifles and SMGs still fire slower than a Browning M2?

Explosions in this game are downgraded. In GTA IV, there was a tinnitus effect when an explosion went off near you. GTA V doesn't even have that. Plus, people instantly die from ANY explosion, no matter how big or small it is(looking at you, Pump Shotgun Mk II Explosive Rounds).

GTA V jumps right into gunfights WAY too early. I know it starts off with an armed bank robbery, but the third mission(Repossession) has you getting into a gunfight. In the previous games, the early missions involved melee combat, and then like four or six missions in, they introduce the gunplay. This game only has like two missions that involve melee combat(fighting Simeon and Rocco), and you can't even use a melee weapon, because it kills them(even if it's a baseball bat or nightstick). They really tried to cater to the shooter crowd.

The ability to skip to the next part of a mission if you failed it a few times was a terrible idea. People can abuse it by intentionally failing the mission just to skip through it(and I'm sure people have).

In the previous games, there were missions where you had allied NPCs that were expendable(friendly gang members or otherwise). In GTA V, I don't recall a single mission where you get expendable allies. Your allies were always main characters, and if they died, the mission failed(excluding certain heist members who are scripted to die).

Getting chased by cops in this game is rather dull. Even at five stars, only two or three police vehicles plus a helicopter will come at you at one time. Also, the Police Riot only appears at roadblocks.

Why are there no vigilante, paramedic, or firefighter missions? There are taxi missions but those can only be done once. There's little to no reason to steal emergency vehicles other than getting rewards(like a sniper rifle from the Police Maverick, armor from the Police Transport, etc.).

And I would LOVE to know who the knucklehead responsible for coming up with the idea of replacing crouching with the redundant stealth mode is, so I could give him/her a slap to the head.

GTA V is another game where modders do a better job than developers. With all the missed potential, it's almost like the game was practically asking to be modded.

Edited by ATP2555
Some other things.

iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)

I know that a lot of people mentioned this before, but anyway:

Gangs are really a disappointment;

• Their role in the storyline is way too minimal.
  • Might be just me, but most gangsters look way too younger than for example, gangsters in GTA San Andreas or IV.
  • I'm not even sure if they carry any weapon aside from the pistol.
  • Mexican street gangs (Los Santos Vagos and Varrios Los Aztecas) have the same clothing style as the African-American ones (Ballas and Families), just with different colors. That wasn't the case back in San Andreas.
  • The lack of motorcycle clubs is unbelievable. San Andreas is supposed to be based on California, with the open roads and desert areas, but the only biker gang you will find in the entire map is The Lost MC. And not like R* gave them any justification. Let the (horribly written) storyline events aside, but why were they turned from hardened, bearded and tattooed middle-age outlaw bikers, into some skinny, shaved and clean young boys?
Edited by iiCriminnaaL 49

Ondr4H

GTA V is such a buzzkill when you try chase with truck.

First damage is joke compared to GTA IV.

Second you are driving truck at full speed, yet police interceptor can stop truck so easily by overtake and stop maneuver,Im angry every time they do this.

Overall GTA V car handling and physics is such a mystery to me after these years....