3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

PatrickJr.

Official GTAV Whine and Complain Thread

Lock n' Stock
1 minute ago, Ertan Soner said:

Same thoughts as me. I never felt like this before for any gta game before 5. Why they deleted some great contents from previous game?A sequel should expand while keeping the previous things. 

For me, it was a perfect example of a step forward but a couple of steps backward, and that's just unacceptable.

Miamivicecity
36 minutes ago, Lock n' Stock said:

Property Management was an absolute joke,

I think most people thought it was going to be like the assets in Vice City and San Andreas and the empire building in VCS. Instead it just feels like an afterthought only added so people can't whine about not having to spend their in game money on. It's a shame too because it could've been a great addition with some tlc put into it.

-The property missions feel lackluster and extremely generic.

-The way the managers get pissy if you don't do those missions and refuse to pay you is strange also.

It just would've been nice if it had way more thought into it so we could've felt like we had more involvement instead of just buying some random business to get harassed to do some crappy task every now and then. It's one of the most disappointing aspects of GTA V IMO as it was the first time the HD era had seen anything like this, but the ball was dropped from a great height and deflated on impact. I don't know. Hopefully GTA VI will do a much better job if it returns.

Lock n' Stock
12 minutes ago, Miamivicecity said:

-The property missions feel lackluster and extremely generic.

-The way the managers get pissy if you don't do those missions and refuse to pay you is strange also.

It just would've been nice if it had way more thought into it so we could've felt like we had more involvement instead of just buying some random business to get harassed to do some crappy task every now and then.

I f*cking hated those text messages you got, way worse than Roman's bowling calls imo. At least with the latter you can keep your phone on silent.

Miamivicecity
12 minutes ago, Lock n' Stock said:

I f*cking hated those text messages you got, way worse than Roman's bowling calls imo. At least with the latter you can keep your phone on silent.

The logic is very stupid when you think about it. We are the ones who bought into the business so why should we have to do anything really? Atleast with arms smuggling that Trevor does we can choose when to do them. These "texts" are just dumb because it gives the impression if it's not done there'll be actual consequences.

Like I could understand if for example if for one of the bars if it got attacked by a gang and by not helping out you had to fork out money to repair it, but the game never goes that far. It's very shallow and does nothing in the grand scheme like previous systems,

TheSantader25

@Lock n' Stock

Once again I must add I felt the same for both V and IV. they both were a couple of steps forward and a couple of steps back.The only difference was that the things V added were the things I was missing the most so it obviously made me like the game more than IV but it could be different for others. 

RDR2 seems like a good sign. There are still things missing from RDR(pardon letters, Blindfire,...) but it's not as big of a deal as V or IV. 

Two of The properties were actually good. (Trevor's Hangar and Downtown Cab). The rest were crap and they should've had interiors. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Lock n' Stock
1 hour ago, TheSantader25 said:

Two of The properties were actually good. (Trevor's Hangar and Downtown Cab). The rest were crap and they should've had interiors. 

Tequi-la-la was the worst. They built a nice interior (as seen in the Vinewood Souvenirs mission) that you STILL can't access when you buy it. Shocking.

The thing is with the content in V is they brought back a bunch of stuff that GTA IV lacked, only to take out alot of the good things that it didn't. There just isn't an excuse for it imo.

TheSantader25
20 minutes ago, Lock n' Stock said:

Tequi-la-la was the worst. They built a nice interior (as seen in the Vinewood Souvenirs mission) that you STILL can't access when you buy it. Shocking.

The thing is with the content in V is they brought back a bunch of stuff that GTA IV lacked, only to take out alot of the good things that it didn't. There just isn't an excuse for it imo.

When you think logically you realize there's no other excuse for locking a brilliant already made interior other than hardware limitations. I mean how else can someone explain it? 

B Dawg
2 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

When you think logically you realize there's no other excuse for locking a brilliant already made interior other than hardware limitations. I mean how else can someone explain it? 

Hardware limitations my ass. The PS3/360 isn't going to explode if you make a door that you can open to get inside. Someone in the studio was just retarded or something.

Edited by B Dawg

TheSantader25
14 minutes ago, B Dawg said:

Hardware limitations my ass. The PS3/360 isn't going to explode if you make a door that you can open to get inside. Someone in the studio was just retarded or something.

It's not how you think. The interiors in GTA V don't just exist behind a locked door. They basically spawn for a mission and then vanish(Or the entire interior items disappear) . They work the same way North Yankton or the Yatch spawn and then despawn after the related mission is done. This is clearly a design choice so the console can handle it. It's not just a "locked" door. The whole interior basically doesn't exist outside the mission. If a locked door was the only problem then you could say it's a retarded move. 

Edited by TheSantader25

B Dawg

But then what about non mission interiors? Why are they the exception?

TheSantader25
1 minute ago, B Dawg said:

But then what about non mission interiors? Why are they the exception?

Because the console can only handle a certain amount. The more interiors the more problems the game would have. 

Edited by TheSantader25

B Dawg

Then why was it able to handle it during a mission? Are there any other interiors nearby in the same area that would compete with resources with Tequi-la-la? It doesn't have to be loaded into memory when you're not nearby it. The consoles handled adding more cars and other things via updates just fine, somehow not being able to handle existing content before any content updates just doesn't make sense.

Edited by B Dawg

TheSantader25
9 minutes ago, B Dawg said:

Then why was it able to handle it during a mission? Are there any other interiors nearby in the same area that would compete with resources with Tequi-la-la? It doesn't have to be loaded into memory when you're not nearby it. The consoles handled adding more cars and other things via updates just fine.

A car would only take the game's storage and would spawn just like any car And if you haven't noticed more updates actually DID make the game more and more unstable over time.

Interiors work differently. Especially when you realize GTA V has an "interior mode" as well when you enter one. Like I said V uses a special technique to spawn ONE interior during missions. Now imagine all those mission interiors at once during freemode...

Edited by TheSantader25

Acetaminophen

“putt putt goes to the moon” has more content than GTAV 

Dryspace
1 hour ago, Acetaminophen said:

“putt putt goes to the moon” has more content than GTAV 

We get it: you're not content with the content of GTAV.

TheSantader25

Yep. That's bait. 

Miamivicecity
15 hours ago, Lock n' Stock said:

I think you'll find R* do this with all of their games. It feels like they do it to keep the game feeling fresh and different which is fair enough. Of all the things I dislike about GTA V I actually don't mind that it doesn't include everything (even the good features) otherwise it would just end up feeling like a bloated clusterf*ck. Even the 3D era GTAs didn't always carry over the good features from game to game. 

With GTA V I'm far more critical of the things it does half arsed than the things it doesn't include as I've always believed in the saying "if you're going to do something do it right or not at all". People can say what they like about GTA IV "lacking" this and that, but atleast it didn't try to bring back features and butcher them just for the sake of having them.

We've already discussed the properties, but what about the friends/girlfriends? For me GTA V's friends system feels like an insult to those that had a brain to use SLEEP mode in GTA IV. The current system could be removed and no one would notice it's gone. I happen to love the idea of having a social network in a GTA game and it's something with great potential to be expanded upon. While GTA IV's had its faults it was still a massive improvement itself over what San Andreas had then GTA V just takes a massive dump on the whole thing for god knows what reason.🙄

TheSantader25
6 minutes ago, Miamivicecity said:

We've already discussed the properties, but what about the friends/girlfriends? For me GTA V's friends system feels like an insult to those that had a brain to use SLEEP mode in GTA IV. The current system could be removed and no one would notice it's gone.🙄

I agree that the friend system is downgraded in comparison to IV but I don't agree that completely removing it is a good idea. Just look at RDR2 and how many people wanted to free roam with gang members.Even a simple mechanic like V could do the trick.  It's still good to have people around you during activities even if it's not about "relationships" like IV. In GTAV I often hung out with different people while collecting the collectibles for my 100% walkthrough so I could listen to some dialogue while doing so. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Beato_dim
21 hours ago, Lock n' Stock said:

they didn't at least stink up single-player with garbage like hover cars and flying bikes

But in single player you could at least totally ignore them if you didn't like them. Multiplayer doesn't allow even that.

Ertan Soner

People say they locked the interiors because old console limitations but what about next gen versions?It is still locked and there is no excuse for this.

TheSantader25
21 minutes ago, Ertan Soner said:

People say they locked the interiors because old console limitations but what about next gen versions?It is still locked and there is no excuse for this.

Once again Rob Nelson talked about how they couldn't change many things like interiors and NPCs in the next generation GTA V due to the game's base coding because it would put the game at risk. That's why they focused a lot on interiors with RDR2 because it was built from the ground up for Current gen consoles. 

Miamivicecity
5 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

I agree that the friend system is downgraded in comparison to IV but I don't agree that completely removing it is a good idea. Just look at RDR2 and how many people wanted to free roam with gang members.Even a simple mechanic like V could do the trick.  It's still good to have people around you during activities even if it's not about "relationships" like IV. In GTAV I often hung out with different people while collecting the collectibles for my 100% walkthrough so I could listen to some dialogue while doing so. 

I just liked how GTA IV focused on actually making friends and not just hanging out with people we already knew. There's also some very odd design decisions like why can Michael hang out with Jimmy and Amanda, but not Tracey? (Not that I would because she's extremely annoying, but I guess that's not the point).

There are less places to visit, no rewards from the friends etc. If I knew it was going to be as watered down as it ended up being I would've just preferred it to be left out altogether. That's just me though.

TheSantader25
Just now, Miamivicecity said:

I just liked how GTA IV focused on actually making friends and not just hanging out with people we already knew. There's also some very odd design decisions like why can Michael hang out with Jimmy and Amanda, but not Tracey? (Not that I would because she's extremely annoying, but I guess that's not the point).

There are less places to visit, no rewards from the friends etc. If I knew it was going to be as watered down as it ended up being I would've just preferred it to be left out altogether. That's just me though.

That's you but like I said I just like to have someone beside me when I'm doing all sorts of sh*t in free roam. I liked this feature from the early days of SA and would take GSF gang members with me everywhere though the AI was stupid as f*ck. 

Ondr4H

Interiors are not problems, because online handled it very well.They added bunkers, clubs and other properties on same map.

This is lazy editing from coders, they didnt care about GTA V except for graphic tweaks and minor details.

Also I cannot understand why GTA V/Online, didnt get PS4 Pro and Xbox one x treats.This game is still vital and they have 4K textures on PC.

TheSantader25
34 minutes ago, Ondr4H said:

Interiors are not problems, because online handled it very well.They added bunkers, clubs and other properties on same map.

This is lazy editing from coders, they didnt care about GTA V except for graphic tweaks and minor details.

Also I cannot understand why GTA V/Online, didnt get PS4 Pro and Xbox one x treats.This game is still vital and they have 4K textures on PC.

Those interiors are all enterable after a huge bullsh*t loading screen. Which once again shows the difficulty in terms of coding interiors for this game. 

Ondr4H
9 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

Those interiors are all enterable after a huge bullsh*t loading screen. Which once again shows the difficulty in terms of coding interiors for this game. 

Whatever you say mr smartass...

Edited by Ondr4H