Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,222 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

PatrickJr.

Official GTAV Whine and Complain Thread

.Smaher.

Meanwhile Franklin droppin' N-words left and right and it's OK. Getting outta hood alright.

This doesn't mean anything. Of course Franklin, of all people, is gonna use it left and right. This doesn't prove your point, lol.

ChiroVette
Posted (edited)

I just want to point out that "GTA V's career mode is X amount of hours" is technically still opinion. While there may be an absolute hard time one can finish a game, it tends to be a complete unknown no matter the game. Otherwise there would be no point in people doing speedruns. For example, the supposed world record for GTA V is a bit under four hours, should we then say GTA V is four hours long based on this?

True. You are 100% correct. Thanks for the correction. Although, in truth, that wasn't my point. I was just illustrating the difference between opinion and fact. So even though I got that one wrong as empirical fact, my point still holds. There is a world of difference between what is objective truth and what is opinion. And MOST of the complaints about V or IV, or the relative merits of both games, and all GTA games, are opinion. Not fact.

You screwed up your quotes, I didn't say those things, scorpioxdragon said them. Everything he said is spot on though.

Not sure how that happened, but I meant to respond to scorpio

Your entire response to me was horsesh*t, but this takes the cake:

Actually my response was right on point and accurate. Let me illustrate:

Behave, my childhood BB gun sounded better than the so-called guns in V, which sound so weak that there are many complaints about it on various internet forums (especially after Rockstar's previous work). I can hear the in-game birds chirping during gunfights for christs sake lol.

Your BB gun example is pure, unadulterated hyperbole. I had BB guns as a kid, CO2 guns, etc. and they sound like toys. What is confusing you is volume versus ambient sound. I understand it, too, because you are looking for reasons to disparage the game lol AND you may have not thought to try an experiment:

I have a really high end home theater system, and I just booted up the game to try my theory, which worked like a charm. At low volumes, just using a TV or low end sound system AND without tweaking your in game audio so that the "SFX Volume" are high and my speakers aren't set to "Surround Speakers" the gun sounds are definitely on the low side. Once I raised my SFX volume, made sure I was on Surround, and made certain my subwoofer was on, the gun sounds are fine.

Now what I believe you are noticing here, which I will grant is at least something that I can understand you maybe not liking (though I actually do think its good) is that the sound quality of the guns themselves are fine in terms of audio, BUT I did notice that aurally they are a little low. I personally believe that this is NOT a weakness but a development choice. The ambient sounds are beautiful in this game, and I believe that Rockstar erred on the side of making sure the player can hear EVERYTHING, including people sneaking up on them from different positions, like behind, to the sides, etc., as well as police scanners/radios which also offer valuable information. The gun sounds make it easier to hear people yelling at you, law enforcement and gangs yelling orders at each other, pedestrians and vehicles all over the road near your position, and on and on.

Now if you want to complain that this is "less realistic" then that is an entirely different argument. Because now you have to accept the fact that not everyone believes a game ought to be realistic. I also booted up the Episodes, and randomly tried TLaD since it is a biker game with a lot of shooting, so I went to one of the Gang Wars. Here's the thing:

The gun sound LOUDER and fuller in the Garbasode, I will totally grant that, as I am sure they are in IV. BUT they are so loud that most ambient sounds get drowned out. Is this more realistic to hear super loud gunfire in your ear which drowns out much of the ambient sounds that are also present? Sure. But I think its better in V because it offers a sense of immersion into the world when the sounds are not "realistically loud." Also, if you want to argue realism, I would also say that most people in a heated gun battle firing ungodly amounts of automatic weapons and shotguns, not to mention inches away from people firing guns inches away from your hear, you would go deaf at least temporarily. Not to mention that with all of that gunfire, you would literally hear nothing else. So that is realistic. I think Rockstar's choice to err on the side of making gun sounds lower to give the player an immersive environment with which to battle in was a good one.

The difference between you and I is that I KNOW this is an opinion. You believe that the guns should be louder and sound more like GTA IV. Fair enough. I think the gun battles are a lot more fun and engaging in V because the overall volume is much more balanced and NOT so overwhelmingly "bang bang bang" where ambient sounds are muted and dwarfed.

It's because V has inspiration from Heat that the gun sounds were called out, in which they're devastatingly loud. Collateral is another example, watch the scene where Tom Cruise shoots the thugs in the alley on YT. Go on, educate yourself in authenticity. And read the comments. If it wasn't worth Rockstar's time why did they make a point of it in IV, MP3 and RDR?

I already understand this. I understood it already before we started down this tangent. BUT I think that the choice to make the gun sounds "less realistic" benefits the game as a whole, including the gun battles, because the overall sonic experience is far more balanced and nuanced this way. Now MAYBE if this was a Call of Duty game or a Batttlefield game, where the guns are literally 95% of the game, I would agree with your point. BUT in a game where gunplay is only one part of an incredibly engaging and immersive sandbox, I think Rockstar was right on the money with this decision.

So we have crazy-as-hell dude who's anti-anything, hates cops, bikers, chinese, feminists, rival rednecks; with serious behavioral problems but suddenly he's all respectable to blacks? I don't buy it. Just another inconsistence of GTA 5.

Meanwhile Franklin droppin' N-words left and right and it's OK. Getting outta hood alright.

I understand this. But the more I get to know Trevor, the more I realize that he is a raging psychotic with a strong sense of morality. At least morality that he personally believes in and embraces. That is what I love most about him. The fact that when he believes in something, he is almost ridiculously moral about it. Like yelling at Wade in Mr. Phillis for making a disparaging comment about Ashly, after he bent her over a counter and stomped on Johnny's head. So its all right to kill her meth-addled boyfriend and stick her in his trailer, but lol don't call her a bitch!

I think the same is true for the whole N-Word thing. He may hate hipsters and irrationally rage against a huge number of people, BUT hahahaha he is politically correct enough to say, "Hey, My N-Word!" which I personally find hilarious.

Not that I think your complaint is without merit. I get it, but I wanted to offer you an alternate way to look at it than just taking it as face-value hypocrisy. Trevor has a twisted and deviant morality, but that morality is absolute to him.

This doesn't mean anything. Of course Franklin, of all people, is gonna use it left and right. This doesn't prove your point, lol.

I may not agree with him completely, but I do understand his point. It at least seems like an inconsistency, and even though I would argue that Trevor's morality is bizarre and insane, in and of itself, it may not be as inconsistent as Dolphin is suggesting. But this is fiction and this is open to interpretation, which is why I am not saying he is wrong about this complaint.

Edited by ChiroVette

DirtCheap

I want to mention that the scene in which Trevor finally meets Michael after 9 years was really weirdly done.

It's just strange that Trevor finds Michael's exact address, basically breaks into his house (he didn't knock politely), joins in the discussion about yoga without a problem, and Michael (a skilled and somewhat fearless robber) doesn't ask him how the f*ck he got in so quietly.

Also, Trevor seems somewhat calm to see the guy who lied about his death almost 10 years ago.

And another thing: why didn't Michael reach for his trusty gun as someone literally entered his house with ease? Judging by Michael's personality, he would of pulled out his gun and shot this person in seconds if he saw an intruder walk into his kitchen rather than ask them who the f*ck they are.

Domac

I want to mention that the scene in which Trevor finally meets Michael after 9 years was really weirdly done.

It's just strange that Trevor finds Michael's exact address, basically breaks into his house (he didn't knock politely), joins in the discussion about yoga without a problem, and Michael (a skilled and somewhat fearless robber) doesn't ask him how the f*ck he got in so quietly.

Also, Trevor seems somewhat calm to see the guy who lied about his death almost 10 years ago.

And another thing: why didn't Michael reach for his trusty gun as someone literally entered his house with ease? Judging by Michael's personality, he would of pulled out his gun and shot this person in seconds if he saw an intruder walk into his kitchen rather than ask them who the f*ck they are.

Michael was in shock to see Trevor since his visit was very unexpected. Also, Wade found Michael's adress and stuff.

Trevor was so calm because he didn't want to kill him, because then he'd be alone with Wade who is a dumbass and Ron who is... awkward.

Also, Trevor liked Michael, and his plan was for him and Michael to bust Brad out of prison for who Michael already knew was dead.

Anyways, if Michael didn't find out about Tracey's audition, him and Trevor would probably go take a seat and talk about stuff. :p

Cheatz/Trickz
Posted (edited)

Of course what I said was hyperbole. But shooting is no small part of GTA even though it's a sandbox, and Rockstar always nailed this even in the 3D titles (with some exceptions).

As for you thinking it's a development choice, I say that's ludicrous. Immersion happens when something feels real and authentic, so arguing that Rockstar intentionally downplayed realism to heighten immersion is illogical. To prove this, in normal gameplay when walking/driving around for example, V's world is full of REALISTIC sounds to immerse you just like IV, and in this respect V succeeds. So why would Rockstar do a 180 for combat encounters?

Ambient sounds have always been a part of the atmosphere, if Rockstar were so keen to have us "hear everything" there wouldn't have been a musical score to every encounter. Excuses like the police radio supposedly offering valuable info, people sneaking up you (does that happen?), and gangs and cops talking to each other are poor ones because none of this is anywhere as significant as you are making it out to be. What ambient sounds are you hearing during V's combat exactly? Because I was joking when I said I could hear the in-game birds chirping, it would be a problem if I actually could during what is meant to be an intense gunfight, but it sounds like you think this would only immerse you more!

Edited by Cheatz/Trickz

.Smaher.
Posted (edited)

Didnt you notice its normal for people to barge into houses in GTA V? Dave does it to Michael when hes first introduced, Franklin does it a few times, Trevor does it again at the beginning of Bury the Hatchet. Thats just the way it goes.

Edited by .Smaher.

DirtCheap

Michael was in shock to see Trevor since his visit was very unexpected. Also, Wade found Michael's adress and stuff.

Trevor was so calm because he didn't want to kill him, because then he'd be alone with Wade who is a dumbass and Ron who is... awkward.

Also, Trevor liked Michael, and his plan was for him and Michael to bust Brad out of prison for who Michael already knew was dead.

Anyways, if Michael didn't find out about Tracey's audition, him and Trevor would probably go take a seat and talk about stuff. :p

No what I'm trying to say is that it's weird Michael didn't do anything about Trevor breaking in. Knowing how Michael acts, he would have pulled his gun out the second he saw someone unfamiliar (it took him a good few seconds to realise that's Trevor) enter his kitchen.

Good explanation about everything else though.

.Smaher.

The kitchen wouldnt have been the best place to blow Trevors head off.

DirtCheap

Didnt you notice its normal for people to barge into houses in GTA V? Dave does it to Michael when hes first introduced, Franklin does it a few times, Trevor does it again at the beginning of Bury the Hatchet. Thats just the way it goes.

As for Franklin and Trevor (later on in the game), it makes sense for them to enter Michael's house unannounced as he knows them personally then and Michael doesn't think they're robbers when he sees them (my theory is that Michael thought Trevor was a robber for a split second hence the silence).

As for Dave, I'd say Michael didn't react as much due to Dave wearing a suit so he knows he's no robber, but Trevor (assuming he is wearing his usual t-shirt and jeans) comes in his usual clothes so Michael probably thought he was a burglar for a split second.

.Smaher.

I may not agree with him completely, but I do understand his point. It at least seems like an inconsistency, and even though I would argue that Trevor's morality is bizarre and insane, in and of itself, it may not be as inconsistent as Dolphin is suggesting. But this is fiction and this is open to interpretation, which is why I am not saying he is wrong about this complaint.

I don’t think Trevor was ever actually racist in the game, not even to the Chinese. The most there was was him mocking their accent. Instead of being racist to Franklin, he’s stereotypical, like a lot of other characters that interact with Franklin. When he first meets him, he says “What’s up, homie?”, and in Fresh Meat, he goes “My n word”. He’s more stereotypical than actually overtly racist to any of the characters. And that substitutes it.

Algonquin Assassin

Really I thought the whole encounter was weak and anti climatic. As you said the ways he just walks in like he lives there is really strange like how Norton does after the jewellery store heist. You wouldn't think the two had seen each other for over a decade.

In GTA IV when Niko finally tracked down Florian/Bernie Niko didn't just casually walk in to the apartment. He kicked the door in and held Florian at gun point. There was genuine emotion and tension for a relatively short cutscene. The way this is pulled off is like Trevor hadn't seen Michael for a few days.

Should've been done so much better.

Cheatz/Trickz
Posted (edited)

The story in general falls apart when Trevor joins in though. I don't have a problem with the scene in Michael's house, I thought Mr Ogg did a great job of making Trevor seem like he was quietly raging inside despite his supposed calmness, so at least there I felt the tension. Then they go get Tracey, which is fine, but after the mission I was expecting Trevor to turn on Michael and continue with whatever his intentions were when he walked into his kitchen earlier. It's like the game just forgets that Trevor had been raging over Michael up until that point.

Edited by Cheatz/Trickz

DirtCheap

In GTA IV when Niko finally tracked down Florian/Bernie Niko didn't just casually walk in to the apartment. He kicked the door in and held Florian at gun point. There was genuine emotion and tension for a relatively short cutscene. The way this is pulled off is like Trevor hadn't seen Michael for a few days.

This so much. I think Florian's introduction is a million times better than Trevor's introduction to Michael after 9 years.

Also, it's far more entertaining because at the point when you enter the apartment, you've been given information that Florian is a hard tough soldier who betrayed his own unit for personal gain and then you become surprised to see he's now some gay weak guy who is even afraid of Roman.

Domac
Posted (edited)

No what I'm trying to say is that it's weird Michael didn't do anything about Trevor breaking in. Knowing how Michael acts, he would have pulled his gun out the second he saw someone unfamiliar (it took him a good few seconds to realise that's Trevor) enter his kitchen.

Michael didn't talk for a few seconds because he was shocked, he didn't kjow what to say, because he knew that he was f**ked if Trevor finds out Michael is with the FIB, and that Brad (who was Trevor's best friend actually) is actually dead.

Also, Michael probably didn't want to over-react and blow someone's head off in front of his family in the kitchen.

Edited by Domac

Darealbandicoot

Michael didn't talk for a few seconds because he was shocked, he didn't kjow what to say, because he knew that he was f**ked if Trevor finds out Michael is with the FIB, and that Brad (who was Trevor's best friend actually) is actually dead.

Also, Michael probably didn't want to over-react and blow someone's head off in front of his family in the kitchen.

The alternate version of this scene where Trevor is more unpredictable fits him a LOT better IMO.

DirtCheap

The alternate version of this scene where Trevor is more unpredictable fits him a LOT better IMO.

I agree, it should have been in the final version.

Have no idea why they cut it out.

Darealbandicoot
Posted (edited)

I agree, it should have been in the final version.

Have no idea why they cut it out.

Trevor insulting Fabien instead of ogling his junk and flipping out on Michael is WAAAAAY more believable for the Trevor we were playing as until now and acting cool calm and collected with Michael when he was LIVID with him all the way to Los Santos with Wade makes NO sense. Edited by Darealbandicoot

LorshZontek
On 5/24/2018 at 8:13 AM, Darealbandicoot said:

danm the beta scene was done so much better with the sounds of trever pulling a gun on michaels family and how actually scary he was 

ATP2555
Posted (edited)

I wish they made Trevor act mature, instead of acting like the fruity manchild that they portray him as.

Edited by ATP2555

Algonquin Assassin
13 hours ago, ATP2555 said:

I wish they made Trevor act mature, instead of acting like the fruity manchild that they portray him as.

But it makes him "edgy".

ATP2555
Posted (edited)

You know something that pisses me off a lot about this game? The fact that NPC's all use the same generic hurt, scream, and death sounds. Before the game came out, I was hoping they'd give each ped voice group their own hurt/scream/death sounds. Then the game comes out, and guess what? They're all the same! Is it seriously THAT much work to have each individual voice actor make their own hurt/scream/death sounds?

Edited by ATP2555

CharliesHead
Posted (edited)

I never liked how we were introduced to Trevor by him killing Johnny right off the bat. And it’s not because I liked Johnny. I haven’t played TLAD. I don’t care about Johnny in the slightest really. I didn’t like that Trevor killed Johnny because it felt like blatant, weak writing to me, trying too hard to show how “edgy” Trevor is. As if R* came right up to me and was like “Look how crazy and badass he is! He bashed the brains in of another protagonist! Isn’t he the coolest?!”

Edited by CharliesHead

Sentinel Driver

Right after the main story Trevor gets locked out of his trailer until you complete a stupid ass fetch quest that is forced upon you. f*cking stupid, who thought this was a good idea? You drive a boring slow ass van all the way from the city to the sh*tty desert. That's it. Nothing interesting. They could have done something interesting like have Trevor have hallucinations while he's driving from inhaling the meds inside but no. f*cking sh*t

TheSantader25
2 minutes ago, Sentinel Driver said:

Right after the main story Trevor gets locked out of his trailer until you complete a stupid ass fetch quest that is forced upon you. f*cking stupid, who thought this was a good idea? You drive a boring slow ass van all the way from the city to the sh*tty desert. That's it. Nothing interesting. They could have done something interesting like have Trevor have hallucinations while he's driving from inhaling the meds inside but no. f*cking sh*t

It can be found in sandy shores

Sentinel Driver
2 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

It can be found in sandy shores

Well that makes it less sh*t but it still is sh*t

Edited by Sentinel Driver
it

TheSantader25
2 minutes ago, Sentinel Driver said:

Well that makes it less sh*t but it still is sh*t

Your Respect List implies that your existence on this forum is unneeded

Man this thread is ridiculous. The first 20-30 pages does point out some serious good flaws in the game that need to be fixed but after that it's pure unnecessary nitpicking. It's like people have a bad day and come and post some bullsh*t about the game to calm themselves down. This thread should be closed. 

Edited by TheSantader25

D9fred95
4 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

Man this thread is ridiculous. The first 20-30 pages does point out some serious good flaws in the game that need to be fixed but after that it's pure unnecessary nitpicking. It's like people have a bad day and come and post some bullsh*t about the game to calm themselves down. This thread should be closed. 

No, it shouldn't be closed. It's called the "whine and complain thread", there's going to be complaints no matter how small. 

TheSantader25
3 minutes ago, D9fred95 said:

No, it shouldn't be closed. It's called the "whine and complain thread", there's going to be complaints no matter how small. 

Alright then. But some of these complaints are weird. It's more like people actually enjoy picking on this game. 

Algonquin Assassin
13 hours ago, D9fred95 said:

And on top of that basically every subforum has one of these threads. It gives people a place to go where they can discuss what they don't like whether they're "nitpicking" or not.