2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

PatrickJr.

Official GTAV Whine and Complain Thread

Darealbandicoot

Cockstar put so many restrictions in GTA V's storyline missions. In Pack Man, everyone is in the truck. I use a teleport mod, it fails the mission saying Lamar was abandoned.

Cockstar made GTA V very complex for speedrunners.

Also WAAAAAY too scripted. Want to go a certain way? Mission failed.

Jack Lupino

the f*ck is a khanjali?

Khanjali

is a type of double-edged dagger with a single off-set groove on each face of the blade.

Uknown_Member

Hello all just over 2 weeks ago i was banned from gta online for a month for what reason i have no clue i always had a clean account and was always a clean player. Only thing i can think of is that it is down to modders dropping modded money on me. If this is the case then i will no longer be using gta online because if this happens again i will be banned permanently. Since this has happened it has put me off from using Rockstar games online there servers are slowly becoming a warzone with modders and rockstar themselves with innocent players like myself in the middle of it all being hit through no fault of there own. Why should i waist my time playing something which is suppost to be something to have fun with if i am going to have that taken away for no reason by rockstar. Someone might say well why dont you buy yourself another copy if you get banned, the point is i shouldn't have to and i shouldn't have to worry about something that is supposed to be for FUN! and its getting stupid! :bored:

ATP2555

Cockstar and Take-Poo have really let themselves go.

gtafaninwest

They definitely made GTA V SP not so mod friendly, let alone player friendly.

Domac
Posted (edited)

Futuristic bullsh*t, bad AI, driving physics, lack of cool interiors to enter (in GTA IV for an example, I loved dying just to go to a hospital where I can walk in and kill everyone), Online in general, boring after completing the game, no cool fighting system such in GTA IV and SA, cops are pussies (start opening fire in a FOOT CHASE, not making them fun at all as they were in GTA IV, the good old times when you'd do parkour to get away).

Edited by Domac

AreWomanMadeFromSand?

why can't mike wear hats he can wear a visor when he plays golf or if you get lucky when you switch to him he could be in a golf outfit with it on but I can't for the life of me figure out how to put it on him

ChiroVette

I don't play online mostly because it doesn't interest me, but also because of all the horror stories. But I do disagree with you about mods for V. I absolutely LOVE what the mod community has done with GTA V. It really adds a lot to the SP.

Sleepwalking

Anyone loves explosive shotguns in TBoGT?

I am about to beat the campaign of TBoGT again, most of the time I find myself deforming cars with explosive bullets and see how much I can deform them before they explode.

Explosives bullets in GTAV make cars blow instantly without even deforming.

I wish they add same shotguns to GTAV, I don't want to blow cars instantly; I want to deform them badly.

Darealbandicoot

Anyone loves explosive shotguns in TBoGT?

I am about to beat the campaign of TBoGT again, most of the time I find myself deforming cars with explosive bullets and see how much I can deform them before they explode.

I wish they add same shotguns to GTAV, I don't want to blow cars instantly; I want to deform them badly.

They won't add that to GTA V but GTA Online on the other hand....

ATP2555

Some moron coded the explosions to do 500 to 1000 damage to everything, no matter how big or small they are. More lazy coding on the part of Cockstar.

ChiroVette
Posted (edited)

Some moron coded the explosions to do 500 to 1000 damage to everything, no matter how big or small they are. More lazy coding on the part of Cockstar.

Or just a development choice to make that weapon ridiculously overpowered and fun. I am not saying I would have made that choice myself, as I prefer more balance. But the categorical assumption that something you or I personally don't like is "lazy coding" by "some moron" is a little ridiculous. lol You honestly think that these devs on Rockstar's A-team, arguably the best devs in gaming today, simply and blindly screwed up this bad and there was no conscious choice on their part to make that weapon behave precisely as it does?

Edited by ChiroVette

Official General
Posted (edited)

I don't play online mostly because it doesn't interest me, but also because of all the horror stories. But I do disagree with you about mods for V. I absolutely LOVE what the mod community has done with GTA V. It really adds a lot to the SP.

Agreed.....

The modders for GTA V are pure gold and deserved to be hugely applauded. Their mods have made GTA V 10 times better than Rockstar themselves could hope for. So glad I have V on PC to enjoy these mods - or else I'd have only had it on my PS4 and by now that copy of V would have been collecting dust.

Edited by Official General

Ash_735

And remember, we as a community had to fight Rockstar and Take-Two when they tried to shut us down and push a clause stating we have no right to modify Single Player. The previous years have been a hell of a ride and yet Take-Two are STILL sending Private Investigators out to threaten modders.

Darealbandicoot

And remember, we as a community had to fight Rockstar and Take-Two when they tried to shut us down and push a clause stating we have no right to modify Single Player. The previous years have been a hell of a ride and yet Take-Two are STILL sending Private Investigators out to threaten modders.

If only they used some of that money and effort on something else besides harassing modders and milking GTA V with a premium edition. Like I dunno, renew GTA 4's music licence? Give us SOME sort of story dlc like online Heists offline or something like that.

ChiroVette

Agreed.....

The modders for GTA V are pure gold and deserved to be hugely applauded. Their mods have made GTA V 10 times better than Rockstar themselves could hope for. So glad I have V on PC to enjoy these mods - or else I'd have only had it on my PS4 and by now that copy of V would have been collecting dust.

You and I may NEVER agree on whether or not GTA V is a great game without mods, but I definitely share your opinion that mods add a lot to the game. As I am sure they did to IV as well, if I had liked the game and bought it on PC.

And remember, we as a community had to fight Rockstar and Take-Two when they tried to shut us down and push a clause stating we have no right to modify Single Player.

This was nothing short of corporate thuggery, and I won't lie, it was incredibly heartwarming and inspiring to see the bullies get their noses bloodied by PC players. I changed my review to completely blast the game on Steam, as did so many others. It was literally the first time I have ever seen gamers actually create an effective push back against that kind of feckless thuggery. In the past, all I have ever seen was whinging and ineffectual online petitions, and complaints on official websites and unofficial game forums that amounted to nothing. This may have been the first time in all my years of gaming that I have seen a community rally in advocacy of a group like we all did for the modders and actually win the day.

Like I said, f*cking inspiring!

The previous years have been a hell of a ride and yet Take-Two are STILL sending Private Investigators out to threaten modders.

I was not aware of this. I had thought that Take2 backed off and were leaving modders alone and not bothering gamers unless they brought the modded game into Online lobbies.

Ash_735

I was not aware of this. I had thought that Take2 backed off and were leaving modders alone and not bothering gamers unless they brought the modded game into Online lobbies.

I think you went quiet for a bit during this time, but someone in this community and a friend got a hold of a PS3 Devkit which once belonged to Rockstar North (it was a Q&A Unit), and the hard drive was erased but using long winded recovery, they were able to recover chunks and parts of an earlier build of Grand Theft Auto V which contained mission audio for the cut missions (Sharmoota Job, Mrs Bell, etc) as well as earlier versions of the Radio Stations, etc. Sadly one of these files leaked outside of this forum and gained Rockstar's attention, who got Take-Two involved and tracked down these two individuals to threaten them with court orders if anymore files get out, before them "reclaiming" the devkit they purchased. This was just a few weeks ago.

ATP2555

lol You honestly think that these devs on Rockstar's A-team, arguably the best devs in gaming today, simply and blindly screwed up this bad and there was no conscious choice on their part to make that weapon behave precisely as it does?

Of course. They just got someone to copy and paste the values for each explosion(except tear gas) because they were in a hurry. Why else do you think all the gangs only carry pistols? Because they copied and pasted everything.

ChiroVette

I think you went quiet for a bit during this time, but someone in this community and a friend got a hold of a PS3 Devkit which once belonged to Rockstar North (it was a Q&A Unit), and the hard drive was erased but using long winded recovery, they were able to recover chunks and parts of an earlier build of Grand Theft Auto V which contained mission audio for the cut missions (Sharmoota Job, Mrs Bell, etc) as well as earlier versions of the Radio Stations, etc. Sadly one of these files leaked outside of this forum and gained Rockstar's attention, who got Take-Two involved and tracked down these two individuals to threaten them with court orders if anymore files get out, before them "reclaiming" the devkit they purchased. This was just a few weeks ago.

Wow, I had no idea about all of this! Of course, the obvious question is, was anyone able to get ahold of the files and add gameplay to the SP game? And if so, how would one get them? :santa: Seriously, if you or anyone who wants to cannot answer in public, feel free to send me an email or PM.

As to the other point, I wouldn't necessarily consider Rockstar or Take2 to be in the wrong for hunting down a person who had proprietary information because they cleverly restored lost or erased drive content. I think we can agree that, while a lot of Take2's actions with this game are pure thuggery and unscrupulous, freemium double-dealing, particularly where Online is concerned, they have the right to protect copyrighted material. That said, I am making a legal argument. As a gamer and longtime GTA customer, I find it disgraceful and scummy that they wouldn't release content like this, even adding a nominal charge to it, in order to enhance the SP experience. They are obviously trying to bully people to go online by not adding to SP. Its a distasteful tactic on their part, for sure.

lol You honestly think that these devs on Rockstar's A-team, arguably the best devs in gaming today, simply and blindly screwed up this bad and there was no conscious choice on their part to make that weapon behave precisely as it does?

Of course. They just got someone to copy and paste the values for each explosion(except tear gas) because they were in a hurry. Why else do you think all the gangs only carry pistols? Because they copied and pasted everything.

Okay, but my only point is that I actually would be inclined to agree with you that an overpowered shotgun like that is a little cringeworthy, AND your complaint is valid, as this is after all a complaint thread, right? But when you say things like "Cockstar," "Lazy coding," and lol "some moron" I am just saying that I disagree with those insults not with the viable point you are making about an issue you have with the game itself. I am not sure that cutting and pasting explosions is entirely accurate. I also thought the gangs carried more advanced weapons, at least in SP, but I may be wrong about that.

Look, clearly, Rockstar abandoned SP support and upgrades to focus on their Online cash cow, and nobody hates that more than me. And if you want to call them names, that's fine by me. I was just saying I don't agree with the insults, NOT that you shouldn't say them.

ATP2555
Posted (edited)

Okay, but my only point is that I actually would be inclined to agree with you that an overpowered shotgun like that is a little cringeworthy, AND your complaint is valid, as this is after all a complaint thread, right? But when you say things like "Cockstar," "Lazy coding," and lol "some moron" I am just saying that I disagree with those insults not with the viable point you are making about an issue you have with the game itself. I am not sure that cutting and pasting explosions is entirely accurate. I also thought the gangs carried more advanced weapons, at least in SP, but I may be wrong about that.

Look, clearly, Rockstar abandoned SP support and upgrades to focus on their Online cash cow, and nobody hates that more than me. And if you want to call them names, that's fine by me. I was just saying I don't agree with the insults, NOT that you shouldn't say them.

So other people get to say "Cockstar" all they want, but not me? Or are you just holding me to a higher standard like when I made the complaint about the lack of doggy breeds?

Edited by ATP2555

ChiroVette

So other people get to say "Cockstar" all they want, but not me? Or are you just holding me to a higher standard like when I made the complaint about the lack of doggy breeds?

No, first off, yours was the first I saw the day I responded, not the first time I saw it ever. But I was also disagreeing with all the other disparaging statements you were saying about the devs. Which brings me to the second point, which is I never said you shouldn't say those things, I simply disagreed with you. Here, look at my last line in my previous post:

And if you want to call them names, that's fine by me. I was just saying I don't agree with the insults, NOT that you shouldn't say them.

You even included that part in your quote, by the way. So as I have told a great many people in this forum, please don't assume that because I disagree with something you say it means you shouldn't or can't say it. I am not a moderator here, and I am not the thought police. Say what you want. But when you post something in public forum, I reserve the right to respond with my own opinions.

gtafaninwest

Agreed.....

Cockstar sure did make GTA V not so now friendly though, let alone player friendly. In so many missions I tried making trips short with the teleport, mission failed.

ATP2555

No, first off, yours was the first I saw the day I responded, not the first time I saw it ever. But I was also disagreeing with all the other disparaging statements you were saying about the devs. Which brings me to the second point, which is I never said you shouldn't say those things, I simply disagreed with you. Here, look at my last line in my previous post:

And if you want to call them names, that's fine by me. I was just saying I don't agree with the insults, NOT that you shouldn't say them.

You even included that part in your quote, by the way. So as I have told a great many people in this forum, please don't assume that because I disagree with something you say it means you shouldn't or can't say it. I am not a moderator here, and I am not the thought police. Say what you want. But when you post something in public forum, I reserve the right to respond with my own opinions.

All I'm doing is expressing my dislike about GTA V's coding(like the thread title implies). I may have called the coder(s) a moron(s), but I'm really just venting. You disagree with me, I understand that, but you don't have to shove that down my throat.

ChiroVette

All I'm doing is expressing my dislike about GTA V's coding(like the thread title implies). I may have called the coder(s) a moron(s), but I'm really just venting. You disagree with me, I understand that, but you don't have to shove that down my throat.

Well, first off, I wasn't shoving anything down your throat. This is a discussion forum. I was discussing the topic with you. Sometimes people agree when they discuss, sometimes they disagree. This was one of those times I was disagreeing with you.

Had I said something like, "YO LOSER!! Why don't you just STFU and stop trashing the game and Rockstar?!!" and added a few angry emoticons for good reason, then yeah, in that case, I would be shoving it down your throat. But saying I acknowledge your right to say anything you please while simply asserting my position on the issue is just having a civil discussion. Nothing more, nothing less.

CavalcadeFan

Graphics ain't good enough!

Ash_735

As to the other point, I wouldn't necessarily consider Rockstar or Take2 to be in the wrong for hunting down a person who had proprietary information because they cleverly restored lost or erased drive content. I think we can agree that, while a lot of Take2's actions with this game are pure thuggery and unscrupulous, freemium double-dealing, particularly where Online is concerned, they have the right to protect copyrighted material.

Whilst LEGALLY yes that's the point, they didn't have to use such harsh methods, tracking down and threatening to ruin peoples lives, etc, over a damn devkit, even other developers in the past have offered something nice in return to people who returned devkits, Take-Two though, nope, better threaten, possibly C&D under bullsh*t lies that they can't fight because we have more money and we will drag this case out until they're bankrupt!

Even better still, want to know the reason they claimed? They stated that if the information and files found were made public, IT COULD DAMAGE SALES OF GRAND THEFT AUTO V, a game that has been in the Top 10 sellers for five years, and game that has made insane amounts of profit, and yet us having beta files and seeing what was in the game would ruin all of that.

AlexanderPierce

Can someone explain to me why in the world Cockstar didn't make cheat codes saved on the mobile phone like GTA IV?

Ash_735

Can someone explain to me why in the world Cockstar didn't make cheat codes saved on the mobile phone like GTA IV?

Because people complained about GTA IV Cheats and how you can't use cheats when you're in a pinch, so Rockstar just reverted back to code method from older games.

Copcaller

No single player dlc

Don Percival or Madrozo would have made better villains

Should have included more heists instead of working for Weston and Haines.

Annoying peds who love to call the cops

Trevor should have had TLAD style gangwars

No female skins for families and ballas

DirtCheap

I always wondered why Michael let his wife off the hook for cheating. I think it makes no sense why he'd go so ballistic that he topples over the house his wife's lover was in, only to then forget about it the second the mission is over.