Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,304 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

livejoker

Are You A Good Guy?

NBcuber

One of the only reasons I still enjoy GTA online anymore is because of the free mode battles. When I join a session the first thing I do is go after every player that isn't a friend or crew member and attack them until they give up. Even when I'm losing the fight I just keep going after them, it's lots of fun.

Pete4000uk

When I'm in a helicopter and wish to stop playing I normally land near someone so they can use it.

Does that make me good?

The Actual Kid

Here's another story, which had a negative outcome...

An hour ago, I jumped into a lobby, when I got a bounty of $5,000 on my head after stealing a vehicle. I was unbothered for around ten minutes, when I felt like giving the bounty to somebody. Normally I'd go down with a fight, but I didn't want to risk death at a bad time later on. After selling the car, I opened the map and located the nearest player, who was quite close and exiting his apartment. I drove over there and went into the middle of the street, saluting, as I let him kill me. When I respawned, and started moving away from him, he killed me again. I let it slide, since he might've been worried that I was going to try to kill him or something.

I respawned around the corner, and I started looking for a car to attempt to get another bounty so I could give it to him. As I was stealing a car, I noticed his white dot moving in on me. I got in the car, and as I hoped, got the text, "You messed with the wrong person." However, he started shooting at me before I had the bounty, so his intentions were vile. Quickly, I got out of the car and took cover behind it and tossed a sticky and blew his car up, killing him (and me) in the process. The bounty was placed right before I died, but since I committed suicide, it hadn't been awarded yet.

In a short sniper duel, he killed me, claiming the bounty. I spawned out of range/sight from him, and started leaving; I didn't feel like trying to 'gift' this guy anymore, and revenge wasn't applicable here because he hadn't done much wrong (the latest kill I classified as a bounty kill, which it was). But he moved in sight and started shooting. I jumped into a car (didn't get a bounty this time), performing a lethal drive-by in defense. He then started shooting at me again when he spawned, so I waxed him. I had enough of this guy, so I drove off when he was dead.

After about thirty seconds, the guy got into a car and drove to my position. If he wanted to fight again, then I'll kill him again in defense. I park the car near a corner and placed a sticky bomb on it, then moved far enough away to avoid the blast radius, staying in the line of his path. I predicted he'd drive toward me, hitting or getting close enough to the car. As I assumed, he hit the car, and I blew him up (it was an epic kill).

10259495_637499659655773_482734482_n.jpg

How and where it happened.

He again went at it, which resulted me in killing him another one or two times.

0_0.jpg

I had a good position, being able to easily take him out when he ran up the incline.

I had enough, so I put on passive to get into his face and flip the bird. A few moments after I activated passive, a tank came by and tried to kill me. I'm assuming it was either a friend he told to come help him or an anti-grief player that suspected I was spawn-killing him. The tank ran me over twice in about ten minutes, where the rest of the time I was in an inaccessible area giving him the finger.

Edited by The Actual Kid

Masochron

Yes, I'm a good guy.

Unless you cross me, or a friend of mine in the session.

blingdiablo

Maybe it's coincidence, but the nicest people in GTA:O all have been those that have characters that are dressed/appear the nicest. No crazy hockey mask, not shirtless, or wearing only shorts... If it dresses like a psychopath, it's probably going to act like a psychopath...

Just my observation.

And yes, my character dresses very nicely. As a professional would.

TheMcSame

personally I'm peaceful unless aggravated. However, with the way 99% of encounters go I might as well go in guns blazing. Here's something funny, the only place I've seen more friendly people than shoot first questions later is at LSC but recently I've been getting in games with tankers sat near LSC so I just travel the extra distance and go to the customs near the docks.

In races if someone attempts to pit me but doesn't really do anything to slow me down I let it go... if I do get pit by someone... BLOOD.

sD_Killer

Yes im a good guy

Darth_Rob

Maybe it's coincidence, but the nicest people in GTA:O all have been those that have characters that are dressed/appear the nicest. No crazy hockey mask, not shirtless, or wearing only shorts... If it dresses like a psychopath, it's probably going to act like a psychopath...

Just my observation.

And yes, my character dresses very nicely. As a professional would.

I always take a look at the fellow racers in the player menu so I can get a good idea of who the douchebags will be. As a rule, anyone wearing a top hat and no shirt will try to wipe you out before the first checkpoint.

The Flat 47

This is a tough one. Without a mic and too lazy to type messages I generally kill on sight due to paranoia. I have my moments, usually if I've finished a job with someone and they don't kill me after we spawn in the new session. But in races I nearly always drive clean - just can't stand it when someone wipes me out and themselves at the same time, if you pit me and pass me without ruining your own chances then kudos, but I don't see why people are so suicidal - only wins show on your record.

That said, I find it way too hilarious f*cking up peoples day (in free roam). I can be a bit of a judas if I'm in need of a giggle. For example, someone picked me up once when I wasn't really playing, drove me round the city and then went to LSC. He spent about 10 mins modding his car. When he drove out, I got out the car and shot him, then blew up his car. I can't remember if he'd insured it.

Also, in one of my more evil moments, I heard 2 people on the mic, someone was guiding his friend through the stunt jumps. So I started tailing them (completing a stunt jump in the process, winning), but they got away. So I called my buzzard, found them and blew them up anyway.

So, I guess I'm not a good guy really.

GN 1992

Depends on my mood..

Sometimes I'm good, sometimes I'm bad, sometimes I'm a stupid griefer.

It all depends on how my day was.

Hotfuzz128

Back when I had 600m from hackers I would let low levels use my RPG. I would dump it for them to use.

OTF_Crow

I don't fire unless fired upon

JoeMamma81

Yeah...just had some bs happen, since I'm NOT a shoot-first kinda guy. I was sitting in a Felon GT, waiting to sell it to LSC, when I look up from my computer screen (was looking at the forums here instead of paying attention in a public lobby, my fault...) and saw a guy right next to me, he started honking his classical horn, so I pulled out my Carbine and pointed it at him, hoping it would make him leave, and just pointed it at him...didn't shoot, didn't do anything else, was just kind of a warning that I'm not there to shoot others...well, little did I know, he must have just been setting me up, because next thing I know, there's a guy a motorcycle in front of my Felon throwing a sticky on it..BOOM! There goes my $9,500.....

This is why I just sit in invite only...forgot how many douches there are in public lobbies....

Edited by JoeMamma

HopalongCasidy

Really depends on my mood, I usually mind my own business, but if someone kills me for no reason, I go on a rampage.

Yep.

ChillerVapes

The only time I go after someone is if I have been killed by them when I was minding my own business or, when they purposely ram your car when it's still in mint condition when you are just cruising around.

(I kill npcs for crashing into me too)

Niobium

I'm a good player. If you approach me, I won't shoot you. I'm always peaceful. Too bad there's always an inbred adopted f*ck that will kill you for no reason.

i'd give you a quadrillion likes if I could

FunkyFreak

I'm usually playful, nice and get killed for it all the time. Sometimes i do go after people in freemode who ask for it, like killing me first or killing another player near me and i do injoy the chaos as much as i do like stopping it. :)

SurfaceNoise

I normally mind my own business. But when someone kills me for no reason, I go all out rampage on him/her.

A positive outcome was yesterday, saw this guy driving out of a alley with a lowered f620, drove a spot to take a photo, I followed him, called my F620, and let him take photos of both the cars. Then I just drive off into my garage and left. Lol.

DBrasco

The best thing I can remember is that I once waited for a player to come back from being afk while parked with his car before the entrance of LSC in Vinewood. For some reason I didn't felt the need to kill this guy so I was just waiting in my car for him to come back and move his car away. I could have easily blown his car to pieces at any moment so I could've entered the garage. Since then I maintain a code that I never kill anyone in front of LSC unless I'm provoked. There's nothing more annoying than some camper waiting for you to enter or to come out, so I also don't do it to others. I probably waited for the guy for 30 seconds or so, and when he came back he drove away while sounding his horn. I did the same and entered the garage.

Nowadays I've become an aggressive killer always thirsty for blood, but events like this remind how I was such a good boy once. Thoughts like that make me all warm and fuzzy inside, before proceeding on committing shameless murder and mayhem.

Edited by DBrasco

EvilFuture

I try to be every time I join a new lobby, but once everybody starts killing me for no reason and blowing up my car, I get pissed, and suddenly I have no sympathy anymore. Joined a lobby one day and tried to offer this guy a ride, and he shot me, so I killed him 37 times in a row, spawn killed him repeatedly. I camped at Mors Mutual and blew up his car every time he would call another one in, and if he got near me, I killed him. It felt really nice, I'm so tired of douchebags like that. He finally ragequit and left. :)

LongJohnTeabag

I sometimes drive near people in an entity or an infernus and honk at them to show that i'm peaceful. Sometimes they come into my car and we drive around, but if they pull out a gun I can't be shot and will end up killing them with an ap pistol. But most of the time I would always go for a kill whether i'm in a jet, a buzzard or on foot, since someone usually ends up dead when on foot and I'd rather kill them than have them kill me. If i'm in one of those sessions where everyone is just killing each other, I usually go on a free for all rampage and try to kill everyone, since they're all distracted. If i'm just messing around or doing bike stunts I try to avoid most people unless they're also on a motorbike or in passive mode and i would just show them stunts and have them follow me.

Sadly enough, in my experience honking does not always mean a player is peaceful, but sometimes it does. Anyway, I do not have much in terms of stories but sometimes I have helped out player being chased by griefers in cars, or if some asshat is griefing in a tank I will help take the tank down with others, whether they be friends or random players. But I myself am mostly a peaceful player, only going after people if they f*ck with my car. Because cars, and other vehicles, are a big part of my life, even in video games.

Supheris

90% of the time, im a good guy. If I see you in trouble, im the guy that lands a helicopter, gives cover fire and gets you out of harms way. Sometimes for my trouble, I am shot as soon as I arrive on the scene. I approach it like this: If you are rolling hard & fast toward me, pointing a weapon at me or have tried trolling me before... I will not hesitate to shoot first! PERIOD! But most of the time, a simple car honk goes a long way. (The universal gester of get in and lets roll) I try to approach everyone unarmed or with a honk first. If you fire at me, I fire back.

10% of the time... I am a @ss! This is when you keep entering those servers and everyone has a tank or a jet just griefing everyone. Then its everyone for themselves. Sometimes its best to shoot first and get out of Dodge! Just saying...

livejoker

So glad to see this topic is still going. It's nice to know there's some decent people around. It would be great to meet all the nice guys in here in one lobby.

Edited by livejoker

HirsuteDave

This is why I freak out about PVP interaction in this game. It's because so many people are so hostile for no reason. I guess the 'Honk Honk' thing doesn't symbolize "hey i'm friendly!" enough.

Depends on the horn and the car it's attached to.

Anything chromed rolls up on me and I'm instantly suspicious. If it starts blasting away with a clown horn I'm shooting no matter what the original intention of the driver was.

GR Choke

No, im a belligerent and rowdy motherf*cker

joejuggernaut

I rp as a cop doing trafic stops. My whole crew does it a lot of the time they try to kill us. But a good few have stopped pulled over and spoke to us lol

gtafan26

I am for the most part a decent player to everyone, 95% of the time, like today, I came out of my apt, I was on foot, did not have any weapons in hand, another player rides up a his bike, I am just standing there, I turn and face him , he is unarmed, I am sure he seen that I was too, I made the mistake of tuning my back on him and start walking away, I think you know what happened next.

I am pretty sure it made him feel good to shoot a player in back that was walking away from him.

Its stuff like this that makes hard to not shoot first and shoot some more

Crunch McThornbody

I have 'momentary lapses' of being a good guy, then someone kills me and I revert back to killing anyone who gets close to me.

JohnDoe7125539271

I am killing everything, randoms, crew-members, friends. I mean, this is GTA! Yesterday i had a battle with someone on the eastcoast of LS & our spawn went right to to the map, until i've been at the beach with no cover left. I went into passive mode & jumped into the water, swimming some dozens of meters into the ocean. As i noticed how he follows me swimming, i went out of passive, climbed on a buoy & shot the sh*t out of him. End of story!

Aaron030792

@PsychoGamer

Oh. I see. So because it's GTA, killing people, blowing up peoples cars and causing mayhem is the number 1 rule, is it?

How sad...that's the mentality of some people on GTAO. Ruining other peoples gaming experience for their own satisfaction. Not cool.

Back to the original question......yes. I am a good guy. I don't open fire on people for no reason. I don't blow up PV's or sticky bomb a HPV right outside Simeon's garage. If I'm in my car, I'll offer people a lift. I always try and help low level players by hosting some reasonably easy missions that have a decent payout...