Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,181 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

livejoker

Are You A Good Guy?

AlexSniperBullet

I just kill people randomly and the entire lobby chase me. i'm that sort of guy. then they start to use cheap tactics

tsouryavong13

I play in solo, so I do whatever I want.

The Actual Kid

I'm generally a very friendly player. These are the only times I kill people in free-mode:

• In defense or for revenge
  • (rarely) In creative ways that are fun for the other player (sending them a text saying things like, "The [my crew name] has selected YOU for their next target! You must defend!") or making a Cargobob Bounty-Hunter Deployable Car Bomb 2,000
  • Speaking of bounties... hunting bounties
  • Other competitive events, like snatching a HPV

I never will shoot first, and I often help players that are in sticky situations with cops and what-not.

Every time I'm playing without friends (and often times with friends), I'll approach players offering rides, wanting to roll with them, etc. Given that a large portion of the player base are barbarians, it often ends up with me getting smoked. But the times I do find a kind player are very satisfying.

This happened a few weeks ago.

One of my friends is always low on cash. He blew the $500,000 Rockstar gave out, and now he's hovering below $5,000 for the majority of the time. One session, I was chatting with him on my cell phone. It died eventually, and I didn't bother to call back because we were gradually starting to do our own thing anyway. After I'd gotten a requested vehicle sprayed and was almost at the bridge to deliver it to Simeon, my friend comes rushing to me in an ambulance and opens fire (I had a small bounty that was probably placed when I stole the RV). I return fire and kill him, then he quickly calls me on the home phone and complains about how I killed him. I explain that: a) I was protecting the car, b) I was defending myself since he started shooting first, and c) he also had a bounty (a $5,000 one I think). He continued to go on about how he didn't get my bounty and how he had to pay a medical bill.

I delivered the car and got around eight grand for it. Note my friend was still fed up. Being generous, I gave the whole reward to him, waiting for a nice, "Thanks!" or something. Instead, he was silent. Eventually I told him that I gave him the money, and he just said something like, "I know," in a snappy voice. I said, "Well, what do you say?" and he then tells me that I have $80,000 in the bank, so it's not even a favour. Yeah, that money was worth about 10% of my total cash. Even if I did have over $200,000, it's still a nice gift, it's still a lot of money for him, and I just gave you the reward for my time and effort (had to drive halfway across the map).

He didn't end up thanking me.

I do lots of things for people in general, and often get nice messages like, "That was fun!" and "Thanks, dude!" It feels good, and there's something about working together with complete strangers that's very... "warming".

Edited by The Actual Kid

SabreVC

i was once at sandy shores airport and this guy was about to arrive as well. im very cautious with other players, so i put a sticky on the buzzard and drove away, i noticed he started chasing me in that buzzard, so i just blew him up. 2 hours later i went AFK up in the mountains and noticed he was coming for me for a revenge kill. i just sniped him out and left...

CheaterMcCheat

No, I'm a dirty white boy.

Sir Michael

I'm a victim of my own kindness sometimes... however, there was one circumstance that changed my perspective forever. I turn my Xbox on and log Online, basically your typical routine. I spawn in the ghetto, but I ended up being next to some random player. It was my first two seconds Online that day and the little turd decided to kill me, AS SOON AS I POP UP.

Ever since then, I'm always in debate about whether I should kill people on-sight or just go out to the country and enjoy the peace. It's pathetic of how kill-happy people can be in this game.

Before you say "This is GTA, cry about it bitch," not everybody wants to drive around being a pyromaniac/sociopath. I have my times where I want to do that, but I'm not going to go into every lobby with a psychopathic mindset.

AboveAndBeyoncé

I don't mess with you unless you mess with me and then you've became a threat to me and I must handle you accordingly

Edited by Marc30499

customkingpimp

Really depends on my mood, I usually mind my own business, but if someone kills me for no reason, I go on a rampage.

LewviathanX

0_0.jpgdo i look like a nice guy?

Johan

I'm always avoiding people or honk them while driving by them, I only remember killing one guy who was chasing me after I modded one of my cars at LSC and that was probably around November.

InfernoRage69

I like to drive around with people. Usually they'll get in and after a minute I get out so they move to the drivers seat and I hop in passenger and let them drive my cars like my rat loader without a bed

egomaniac247

I'm definitely in the nice guy camp. I get killed way more than I kill because I'm always giving people a chance to be cool...most times they obviously aren't, in which case I may go buckwild on them.

Anyways ive found that driving by and honking as you do tends to be the universal sign of "I'm a friendly "....but you still get shot quite often. Its cool when you find someone who's willing to coexist and create some funny scenarios.

HirsuteDave

I'm strictly a "leave me alone, I leave you alone" kind of player.

I do play aerial towtruck from time to time though - dropping cars to (or on) people walking, moving Dozers into Los Santos, liberating impounded cars, that kind of thing.

livejoker

I'm generally a very friendly player. These are the only times I kill people in free-mode:

• (rarely) In creative ways that are fun for the other player (sending them a text saying things like, "The [my crew name] has selected YOU for their next target! You must defend!") or making a Cargobob Bounty-Hunter Deployable Car Bomb 2,000
-snip of rest of comment including story-

Thanks for the great post, I really enjoy reading your story (I'll probably head to Share Your Stories topic after this to read more, didn't think that would interest me). Also the other stories here are great. I really enjoy the longer posts but all are welcome.

I never thought about doing the Bounty-Hunter Deployable Car Bomb 2,000 (or should it just be 2000?). I'll do it when I can but I think I'll put a Ignition Bomb on it in case they take the car (if I'm in a random lobby with no nice people, of course).

I'm a victim of my own kindness sometimes... however, there was one circumstance that changed my perspective forever. I turn my Xbox on and log Online, basically your typical routine. I spawn in the ghetto, but I ended up being next to some random player. It was my first two seconds Online that day and the little turd decided to kill me, AS SOON AS I POP UP.

Ever since then, I'm always in debate about whether I should kill people on-sight or just go out to the country and enjoy the peace. It's pathetic of how kill-happy people can be in this game.

Before you say "This is GTA, cry about it bitch," not everybody wants to drive around being a pyromaniac/sociopath. I have my times where I want to do that, but I'm not going to go into every lobby with a psychopathic mindset.

It's super rare to honk your horn and people knowing you're friendly. Blowing your horn is a sign that you're nearby for them. I've tried the blow horn method few minutes ago and all blasted me. It would be such an amazing game if GTA mentality was "players against cops" where all players are friendly, give each other rides, talk tactics, etc. Seems the only place you'll find that is in a crew but some crews have a few assholes in them. I agree that GTA shouldn't be a mindless killing machine. So much potential wasted on:

Fear - I must kill anyone near me.

Prey - I'm better than everyone and killing you will prove it.

Keep the comments coming, guys. Really good stuff. :)

Didn't think there was so many good guys out there (a few of you are bad guys but that's understandable due to other players).

KingBishop96__

The one good thing i tried to do kind of backfired and made me look bad. Me and a friend are at the sandy shores airfield abd we are getting ready to take off in a cargobob but then i see a guy on a motorcycle getting chased by the cops so i deploy the hook and he lets me pick him up. Sadly he falls off in mid air and dies. When i go back to say sorry he blows up the helicopter

customkingpimp

You look like your bar pickup line is "can I push your stool in for you"

godziller

You look like your bar pickup line is "can I push your stool in for you"

lol

Sir Michael

Seriously! That "remember the Online trailer" thread made me realize there's no possibly way that players will be cooperative outside of crews and friendships. I'll admit that I've met some cool dudes online, but those are fairly rare.

In terms of being a good guy, I think a "Good Karma" thing that I've done was grabbing my Tank and killing as many twankers that I possibly could. I don't like spawn-killing with the Rhino because I know from experience that it sucks... so I suppose that's a good thing about me. :p

Xavierr

I'm very nice. but lately I've found myself attempting kamikaze's on random players and shooting at players when shot at.

DeezyGaming

I'm always a good played never looking for trouble not wanting to kill any players. I'm all about having fun which brings me to the story.

Tonight it was 6 of us random players including myself, we all had our motor bikes out just crusing around enjoying the scenes. Then we all went out got some sandchazes and hit the hills in sandy shores. After that we robbed a store and caught a train. Needless to say it was a fun and I hope to encounter more players like that.

For once I didn't have to worry about being killed, it was a peaceful time enjoying GTAO as it should be.

CarimboHanky

i gotta be the coolest, most pacific person in the entire gtao!

livejoker

i gotta be the coolest, most pacific person in the entire gtao!

Your avatar with a Dunce hat begs to differ.

Rammer2k

For the most part, I just let everyone be unless they start something, or sound really annoying on the mic. However, since I'm starting to work on all the Weapon Platinum's now, I'll check the map to find the nearest gunfight, and join in. Sometimes I'll just randomally pop some dude with whatever weapon stat I'm working on.

TeammateAssist

I play real clean man.

Except when driving. All my past driving experiences are just Burnout series, so I'm real sorry if what I'm doing is reckless driving. I'm not purposefully trying to wreck you, though, don't worry. I just don't know how to drive clean at all.

The Actual Kid

-snip of rest of comment including story-

Thanks for the great post, I really enjoy reading your story (I'll probably head to Share Your Stories topic after this to read more, didn't think that would interest me). Also the other stories here are great. I really enjoy the longer posts but all are welcome.

I never thought about doing the Bounty-Hunter Deployable Car Bomb 2,000 (or should it just be 2000?). I'll do it when I can but I think I'll put a Ignition Bomb on it in case they take the car (if I'm in a random lobby with no nice people, of course).

Keep the comments coming, guys. Really good stuff. :)

Didn't think there was so many good guys out there (a few of you are bad guys but that's understandable due to other players).

Glad you enjoyed it! You can put a sticky inside of the car and detonate when you see fit, saving time and cash.

Also I agree, I was glad to find your topic. :)

Fail_At_GTA

I'm the biggest dick ever to a ton of people, but there's always 1 person in a lobby I'm nice to. If I take any bounties, I give them to one person because I like being broke.

electroleum

I defend myself if need be, but I'm hardly ever the aggressor. However, if I'm in the right mood, and you f--k with me, I'll come at you (especially if I have a few friends in the session).

I had one guy kill me for absolutely no reason, and then he went afk. I proceeded to kill him about 25 times with my knife or sniper rifle just for sh*ts and giggles.

I'm the biggest dick ever to a ton of people

Your 14.7 k/d ratio would seem to confirm that...hahaha

Bourjois

OP = sexist

NombreDeLaBeast

tumblr_mdo9vspece1qbu7lgo1_500.gif

This is how I feel most of the time playing the game.

Judicious 7

but yeah, I normally try to be decent with people. I approach them and start sliding across their hood as a means of saying "LETS BE FRIENDS", but for some reason, that prompts them to shoot me.. not nice.

This is why I freak out about PVP interaction in this game. It's because so many people are so hostile for no reason. I guess the 'Honk Honk' thing doesn't symbolize "hey i'm friendly!" enough. It's utterly ridiculous how people are so heartless and cold. I am a good guy. People run me over and shoot me for no reason and I put on passive mode and bow out gracefully instead of getting into a vengeful battle. If a low rank is inviting people to missions and no one joins, I'll volunteer and show him/her my expertise. I try so hard to be a good person in this game and in turn, people spit in my face.

Some may say, "go to Invite-Only sessions or Crew Sessions". No. I play this game with the intention of meeting other people and seeing the crazy things that random people do whether good or bad.