1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

jondean31

is SA the Most overrated game in history?

Beato_dim

'Overrated' isn't the right word here, it basically means "You all like this game, wel, YOU'RE WRONG!"

Official General
Posted (edited)

Firstly straight to the topic, NO.

For the greatness that San Andreas has achieved and huge legacy it has left in the history of GTA gaming, it very clearly deserves extremely high level of praise it gets. It is fine for others to have the opinion that SA is not that great or is not their favourite GTA, it is will not be everyone's cup of tea, and the game is certainly not flawless either. But to try and downplay the mass appeal and legendary status of SA to those who love and praise it is a futile and obnoxious attempt to rain on the game's parade. If SA was not that great, people would not still be talking about now like they do after 15 years since it was first released in 2004 - and even so, why should it bother those who don't think it's great ? You don't like it, then leave it alone, simple, I really don't get the need to discuss such topics about SA like this in such detail at this stage. What SA has done for GTA is set in stone and nothing can change that, whether you hate it or not, it's pointless. 

15 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

Why would you be hoping otherwise though if they do it right. Do you have a problem with San Fierro and LV if they're done right?

In the end "setting" is a matter of preference. There are rumors that they want to do VC and LC together and that has me worried too because they have used LC way too much. 

I myself wish for Las Venturas and a new city like San Diego. Maybe throw in a bit of Mexico in there too. 

I would love a modern version of LV and SF added to the map if done well in V. I would love a new VC too, just without LC though, more a south Florida rea.

12 hours ago, Beato_dim said:

'Overrated' isn't the right word here, it basically means "You all like this game, wel, YOU'RE WRONG!"

100 agreed. 

Edited by Official General

darksats
Posted (edited)

How can anyone say it is overrated? Its the best gta game ever. i see some people hating cj so that they hate the entire game. these people will say gta san andreas is the best gta ever if the protagonist was niko bellic. Gta v and 4 are the most overrated games. vice city is also a little bit overrated.

Edited by darksats

Vladistar_895

San Andreas physics and graphics are overrated(worse than Vice City),also has a lot of bugs and unrealistic moments;but it's a great game and far from being THE MOST OVERRATED game(CJ is a little underdeveloped).

The mose overrated game is GTA V,which tries to be a combination of IV graphics and physics,SA copy missions,gameplay and customisation;but fails to do it correctly.

The Online is even worse,unrealistic but boring,which only goal is to make you pay for Shark Cards(Red Dead Online is the same trash)

Wolver_321
57 minutes ago, darksats said:

How can anyone say it is overrated? Its the best gta game ever. i see some people hating cj so that they hate the entire game. these people will say gta san andreas is the best gta ever if the protagonist was niko bellic. Gta v and 4 are the most overrated games. vice city is also a little bit overrated.

Well, that's your opinion! IMO San Andreas is overrated because I don't like gangster stories and the story, to me, seems a bit too unrealistic and over the top in some scenarios (since when a 2 bit gangster can fly a jet like the Hydra?)... And a character like Niko would have been even more inadeguate for the craziness that San Andreas offers, so I surely wouldn't have liked it more. GTA IV (especially after its launch) and GTA V (mainly because of GTA Online) have been crticized a lot in the past, actually I think they're a bit underrated. Vice City could be overrated for you, but today still it's hard to find a game that manages to bring all the vibe of a past decade. With that said, I want to clarify that San Andreas is a great game (it's GTA after all 😃) but, unfortunately for it, Vice City and IV managed to take more my attention.

And again, this is just my opinion. 

BAT SOLDIER
On 6/13/2019 at 7:52 PM, Vladistar_895 said:

San Andreas physics and graphics are overrated(worse than Vice City),also has a lot of bugs and unrealistic moments;

Not true, GTA SA has got better physics and graphics than GTA VC, it even has better graphics than GTA IV which is really amazing for 2004 game. GTA IV and GTA V have got way more bugs and terrible AI. And GTA SA has got unrealistic moments because it's not supposed to be realistic, it's supposed to be fun and over the top, GTA games are supposed to be unrealistic like Saints Row.

Beato_dim
42 minutes ago, BAT SOLDIER said:

it even has better graphics than GTA IV which is really amazing for 2004 game

Erm? Please elaborate. And note that 'better artstyle' or 'better colour palette' (first is debatable, second I actually agree) <> 'better graphics'

BAT SOLDIER
43 minutes ago, Beato_dim said:

Erm? Please elaborate. And note that 'better artstyle' or 'better colour palette' (first is debatable, second I actually agree) <> 'better graphics'

It has better graphics because it has better colors and effects, also some textures in GTA SA look better than in GTA IV.

Eternal Moonshine

I prefer GTA SA art style over IV's but let's face it. IV is way ahead of SA in terms of tech involved. With that said i still think that SA is the best GTA game to date. The gameplay can be clunky by today's standards but who cares. It doesn't bother me that much. When it comes to GTA V I'd say it's almost a tie but SA is still leading by a tiny bit. But that's just my opinion

watersgta3
On 4/22/2019 at 2:53 AM, Beato_dim said:

Not exactly. 'Overrated' means that it gets far more credit beyond it's deserving accolades. In this game's case, people tend to overestimate the game to a point where they think everything about it is 100% perfect while completely ignoring it's flaws. Not the MOST overrated in history, but still pretty overrated.

BAT SOLDIER
2 hours ago, Eternal Moonshine said:

I prefer GTA SA art style over IV's but let's face it. IV is way ahead of SA in terms of tech involved. With that said i still think that SA is the best GTA game to date. The gameplay can be clunky by today's standards but who cares. It doesn't bother me that much. When it comes to GTA V I'd say it's almost a tie but SA is still leading by a tiny bit. But that's just my opinion

You are kidding right? GTA IV is a complete downgrade compared to GTA SA. The only thing in which GTA IV is better than GTA SA are physics, and that's it. GTA SA is better in every other way.

50 minutes ago, watersgta3 said:

Not exactly. 'Overrated' means that it gets far more credit beyond it's deserving accolades. In this game's case, people tend to overestimate the game to a point where they think everything about it is 100% perfect while completely ignoring it's flaws. Not the MOST overrated in history, but still pretty overrated.

The game is perfect though. The only flaw that GTA SA has are old graphics and that's it, everything else is perfect about the game.