1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

jondean31

is SA the Most overrated game in history?

DK06282000
15 hours ago, wfank said:

Not in the least. GTA VC is way more overrated, its limed af, a trapped place with NOTHING INTERESTING TO DO, othere than missions which are so few. Its the same as GTA 3, though livelier, it makes nothing more improved. SA is a game that has everything, even not doing missions you can enjoy plenty of stuffs sky diving, gang wars, customizing CJ the way you want, gyms, flying, it introduced the buy cloth system, gambling, everything. SA is in no way overrated and you speak on behalf of no one. Fact is the haters of SA are racist bunch who deosnt like strong black lead characters. Vice City is was more overrated than anything , it has nothing to offer other than missions, everything else like rampages are 2 % of what SA has. Even GTA 4 takes away most of the features of SA, and what makes a game great is having great features. Still GTA 4 I enjoy the hd graphics, Niko is my fav protagonist, love the choice of endings and brilliant characters like Roman , and the in depth story. SA and 4 are not only the best gta games ever, for me personally (unlike you I dont try to speak on behalf of ppl), tied together as the tw greatest game ever. SA has by far the biggest map and storyline ever. GTA 5 totally cuts away San fario and Las Venturas and feels small to it both smap size wise and story wise. Vice City and 3 you cant hardly have any fun without attracting police, who just knoks you out with night stick and you are busted, every time the Haitians charge at me and I want to retaliate, cops interfere, you can ABSOLUTELY DO NOTHING IN THAT PRISON GAME, but in SA Ballas, Vagos, Rifas, Triads, you can fight with anyone you want and aezakmi does the work, you do not have to keep typing leave me alone and no police please as in VC and 3.  Stlll GTA 3 brought the 3D world so I would refrain from calling it overrated.   But white boy Tommy lovers will keep whining because SA is a better game than Vice City ever was or will be. Even the portable VCS has much to offer and Victor has a way more personality than Tommy, but racists hate him too. Still not saying I hate Vice City, hating is a different thing, I like the game, but as some acts its the best ever or whatever, I say it is the most overrated for that followed by 5, but surprisingly people do admit 5 limitations as I see here. My least fav is LCS and GTA SA and 4 imo are tied as the best ever in the series!

So you accuse those who don't like the game for being racists to both CJ and Vic and then go around to call them "white boy Tommy lovers"? So who did you say were the racists again?

muvdafucupouttahere

San Andreas IS overrated, but definitely not THE most overrated game of the series. That goes to GTA 4. It's a great game, but people praise the living sh*t out of it like it's a gift from the heaven because it's sooooooo realistic and is verrrrrry flawless. Niko is also the most overrated protagonist of the whole series.

Edited by muvdafucupouttahere

Son of Zeus
3 hours ago, muvdafucupouttahere said:

San Andreas IS overrated, but definitely not THE most overrated game of the series. That goes to GTA 4. It's a great game, but people praise the living sh*t out of it like it's a gift from the heaven because it's sooooooo realistic and is verrrrrry flawless. Niko is also the most overrated protagonist of the whole series.

Agreed. IV is definitely more overrated these days haha. And Niko was pretty forgettable. 

American Venom
21 hours ago, lil weasel said:

The game has so many first, any idea that it is overrated can only be claimed by children not born prior to its publication.

I'm 33 and have always regarded San Andreas as being overrated. Saying only children born after 2004 can claim it really just makes you look ignorant.

And honestly the last couple of pages of this thread are gold. Lebron James of GTA lol. It might not be the most overrated game in the history of video games, but within the R*/GTA stable absolutely it is.

TheSantader25

This thread is a solid proof that it's actually underrated. People should always respect each other's opinions but I just can't understand anyone who didn't like this game while being a GTA fan. It's literally the only game in the world I can't believe anyone can dislike/underappreciate. That's just how I feel. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Billy Russo

I wouldn't say it's overrated.

It was incredible for it's time, it captures the feel it was going for perfectly, the characters were great, the map was huge for it's time, the soundtrack was amazing. There is so much activities to do it and the storyline was fun. It's still one of the most alive games I've ever played, it still feels more alive than GTA V which a lot of the times feels so damn lifeless to me.

Edited by Billy Russo

mustafa the king

The game is a good game 

The game isn't overrated or underrated 

Fluffy Sock

Isn't even overrated to begin with.