GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

does anyone care to explain this

crashhat69

last night i went into an invite only session, i invited my cousin so we can play together.while i was waiting for him to join i robbed a store and while i was doing so a red dot popped up on the map it started coming towards the store and all of a sudden i started getting shot at.i got the money, killed whoever that guy was and took off. does anyone care to explain this?

There's usually an NPC outside the store, that will attack you with a pistol when you rob the place.

The NPC model varies.

Edited by ChrilLe

Angered NPC.

Randoms will get mad at you for doing illegal things like robbing stores. Always watch your back.

There are hostile NPC's all over the map. If you start shooting, or any other action the NPC's may view as hostile, they will attack you.

Try going to grove street and firing a few rounds.

CatchMeTrolling

For future reference you see red dots for cops, mercenaries, muggers, mad NPC's & I'm sure you know bounties are red

Not a cop but a have a go hero NPC. Cops flicker blue and red, security guards show up as a slightly larger dark red dot.

Sushi__Wolf

Don't expect to just be shot at by police.. There are all kinds of npcs that will shoot you. Have fun the first time one of them pulls an Uzi out on you.

For future reference you see red dots for cops, mercenaries, muggers, mad NPC's & I'm sure you know bounties are red

the only time they appear the same as a bounty is if the npc is in a vehicle or on a bike, if they are in foot they are a red circle not a dot.

One of the first stores I robbed when I started playing I got killed by the NPC behind me in the store with a shotgun. I also thought WTF

Intoxica7ed

last night i went into an invite only session, i invited my cousin so we can play together.while i was waiting for him to join i robbed a store and while i was doing so a red dot popped up on the map it started coming towards the store and all of a sudden i started getting shot at.i got the money, killed whoever that guy was and took off. does anyone care to explain this?

It's like a private security, they're in SP too. If you rob a store a few times in a row, the store clerk will often arm himself or have security waiting for the robbery.

AceThaCreator

Those are the white knight npcs who ironically will turn tail and call the cops on you but are somehow decide to grow a set when your in a middle of hitting a lick.

Don't expect to just be shot at by police.. There are all kinds of npcs that will shoot you. Have fun the first time one of them pulls an Uzi out on you.

the only time they appear the same as a bounty is if the npc is in a vehicle or on a bike, if they are in foot they are a red circle not a dot.

are you sure? because im pretty sure if their in a vehicle it's a red circle not a red dot

are you sure? because im pretty sure if their in a vehicle it's a red circle not a red dot

In a vehicle they're a solid red dot, if they're on foot it's a red circle.

Soran Is On

Conceal and carry is mandatory in los santos, and some npc's don't like you robbing their local corner store...

sometimes when i hit a car the npc would get pi**** and they would turn into a red circle not a red dot

Conceal and carry is mandatory in los santos, and some npc's don't like you robbing their local corner store...

It's the United States... armed citizens with a hero attitude that escalate an armed robbery into a mulitple homicide must be in the game.

Legit Complainer

npc. i actually hate it. it's arbitrary and feels forced. youll conveniently have one always outside the store, ready to shoot at you. it doesnt even feel like they're there to coincidentally shoot you with a gun while robbing the place, it feels more like they are undecover security for the owner. and it especially doesnt make sense when a white lady in her 20s or 30s wearing business attire starts shooting a gun at me -.-

• 10 months later...

This happened to me yesterday. I am playing with radar off, so it was really difficult to spot him before he started shooting at me. Luckily he only had a pistol and I was carrying a shotgun, so I shot his legs and escaped while he was on the floor (he probably died afterwards), although he got 2 or 3 shots on target and I was dangerously near to death.

Anyone know a way to prevent this? Maybe shooting a pair of bullets to the air outside the store might reveal any hostile NPC before you rob the store? This way you can kill them beforehand and don't have to worry about getting flanked?

Miss Malevolent

Anyone know a way to prevent this? Maybe shooting a pair of bullets to the air outside the store might reveal any hostile NPC before you rob the store? This way you can kill them beforehand and don't have to worry about getting flanked?

Always rob from the side (so you can see the door and the clerk) so you can see if anyone comes into the store and blast them. If you start shooting right outside the door, you'll spook the clerk.

Edited by Miss Malevolent

When you rob stores, there can be random do-gooders that try and stop you. They will pull a gun and start shooting while you are robbing the place, sometimes while you are waiting for the cash. That's also usually the time the clerk will pull a gun after handing out the cash.

Yes. Vigilant npc.

Back in Gta3, sometimes you would even get whacked by a grandma with shopping bags on both of her hands after you exploded a car.

Always rob from the side (so you can see the door and the clerk) so you can see if anyone comes into the store and blast them. If you start shooting right outside the door, you'll spook the clerk.

Yep, I do this. However this guy waited until I stepped out of the store to start shooting lol. They are smarter than they seem.

As Feurian42 said, the problem is when they decide to show up just after the clerk gives the money, you turn to kill the vigilante and the clerk reaches for his gun as you stop aiming at him. Annoying? mmmm... maybe, but I like it - it is such a real behaviour!

Edited by delisue