2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Do you think the Dinka thrust will be a Crotch Rocket or chopper?

AceThaCreator

The Angel King

No. I am going by facts. Not some twisted take on what you want something to be. There is difference between a cruiser and a chopper. Calling a cruiser that is like calling a crotchrocket/superbike a cafe racer. Sure they share traits, but still pretty different. You kids call call it anything you wish, but it doesn't change what it actually is.

Source: Myself and 20+ Years around motorcycles..

Translation: "I say I'm right, therefore I am"

But please, keep splitting invisible hairs.

Who is splitting hairs. I am just giving a friendly correction. If you wanna call a truck a bicycle...by all means continue ;)

Also, instead of being naive you could simply educated your self in about 60 seconds or however long it takes to Google search.

No. I am going by facts. Not some twisted take on what you want something to be. There is difference between a cruiser and a chopper. Calling a cruiser that is like calling a crotchrocket/superbike a cafe racer. Sure they share traits, but still pretty different. You kids call call it anything you wish, but it doesn't change what it actually is.

Too bad you've only been around bikes for 20 years, you missed the fun we had with these,

1969 Honda CB750

beast-chopper-profile-1.jpg

• Like 2

The Angel King

Too bad you've only been around bikes for 20 years, you missed the fun we had with these,

1969 Honda CB750

I never said no one made a chopper out of a Honda. I am saying Honda did not make them like that stock. They never came as choppers.

What if the Thrust is a Razorback drone from Daniel Suarez' Freedom book?

Robot bike...with Katana propellers.

1969 Honda CB750

I never said no one made a chopper out of a Honda. I am saying Honda did not make them like that stock. They never came as choppers.

You just keep digging dude......

2010 Honda Fury Chopper

2010-Honda-Fury-5.jpg

The Angel King

How am I digging? I never changed anything I said. If you consider that a chopper......lol Nothing more to say....point proven.

Edit: Gonna add fuel to the fire.... Honda themselves consider that bike a custom Cruiser, with chopper style. They don't even call it a chopper.

Edited by The Angel King

How am I digging? I never changed anything I said. If you consider that a chopper......lol Nothing more to say....point proven.

Edit: Gonna add fuel to the fire.... Honda themselves consider that bike a custom Cruiser, with chopper style. They don't even call it a chopper.

You've hit bottom but keep on digging....

Honda was the first ever manufacturer to unveil a veritable production chopper...

Top Speed review 2010 Honda Fury

http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/motorcycle-reviews/honda/2010-honda-fury-ar69345.html (You suggested the Google search)

Choppers by definition are not stock, They're "chopped" versions of stock bikes. Harley Dealers will put a "chopper kit" on a bike for you but that doesn't make it stock.

Give up man, I'd prefer a Harley Hydra - Glide chopper, but anything can and has been chopped

Edited by jcph3
  • Like 2

The Angel King

You've hit bottom but keep on digging....

Honda was the first ever manufacturer to unveil a veritable production chopper...

Top Speed review 2010 Honda Fury

http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/motorcycle-reviews/honda/2010-honda-fury-ar69345.html (You suggested the Google search)

Choppers by definition are not stock, They're "chopped" versions of stock bikes. Harley Dealers will put a "chopper kit" on a bike for you but that doesn't make it stock.

Give up man, I'd prefer a Harley Hydra - Glide chopper, but anything can and has been chopped

I did say use Google. I also said Honda themselves do not consider it a chopper. This is true. Anyways, Think what you want about the Honda. I don't care. I wouldn't consider that Honda a true chopper personally. I agree with the last part of what you are saying on what choppers are, however I would like to add that they do have their own unique things in that "style". Just too many things "wrong" with the Honda to consider it that. You do seem to know a thing or two and perhaps we are both just splitting hairs. Moving on.

Hydra Glide.......great choice. I would go for more of a bobber look personally. Then again...I would rather have a 40's Chief.

Edited by The Angel King

Dinka is a Honda and Honda dont make choppers. Harley-Davidson do

Would agree it may be a Goldwing but likely not gonna happen

Harley Davidson makes cruisers(and Japanese bike manufacturers make those too).No company can make true choppers,those are made by bike owners customizing their bikes.However,since the word chopper is often incorrectly used to describe other similar bikes popular in US like cruisers,bobbers and sometimes even touring bikes,the question here is:Is Dinka Thrust going to be a sport bike or an American-like motorcycle.As much as I would want a cruiser,touring bike,chopper or bobber(because I like those better and there are only a few of those in game),because of the name Thrust,I think it´s going to be a sport bike.

• Like 1

<snip>

<snap>

keep-calm-and-get-a-room-4.png

<3

I think it will be a crotch rocket. They don't quite like Choppers it seems.

EDIT: Messed up quote.

EDIT2: Messed up quote again. o.O

EDIT3; Stahp messing with my content, you silly forum! Messed up the quote AGAIN. goes nice.. Fixed now...

Edited by Franceska

signature500x-e1644500940546.png

<snip>

<snap>

keep-calm-and-get-a-room-4.png

<3

I think it will be a crotch rocket. They don't quite like Choppers it seems.

EDIT: Messed up quote.

EDIT2: Messed up quote again. o.O

EDIT3; Stahp messing with my content, you silly forum! Messed up the quote AGAIN. goes nice.. Fixed now...

What do you mean they don't like Choppers?

Well, there's not many of him, and I don't see much people riding on him. :3

Edited by Franceska

signature500x-e1644500940546.png

Well, there's not many of him, and I don't see much people riding on him. :3

At least sportbikes outrun sport/supercars so you can outrun those douchebags. On a chopper you just get chopped. That might be another reason why most people like sportbikes more.

Edited by Ninja_Gear

coelacanth72

Which is why we need a cafe racer. All the choppy charm of the choppers, except they're good at doing things.

My cruising needs are satisfied with the bagger, I hope its fast but doesn't look like a bati, if it were like the akuma I wouldn't mind, I hate the sports bike look, they sound like wasps, were are the deep throaty roars gone, we need a fast roaring bike not f1 car engined bikes, the sound is just *vomits*

http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/427504_10152027226270554_255284554_n.jpg

Senor_taco28

When I hear Dinka I expect a crotch rocket, especially with Trust in the name. Which kinda sucks to me, (more of a Harley Fan) but I probably will buy it just to see.

FallingSanity

What if we get a 2015 CB750?
Fookin' sci-fi bike mates.

18.jpg

Edited by FallingSanity

18.jpg

So basically... a futuristic Double T? :p

• Like 1

FallingSanity

So basically... a futuristic Double T? :p

Well hey, we're getting a futuristic Lambo and Aston. And Bentley SUV, for that matter. Who's to say the bike wont be some crazy looking thing too?

a cruiser or vintage racer that is fast enough to keep up with the bati/akuma/double-t is what i'm hoping for!

SecludedMemory

It's going to be a subtly phallic shaped crotch rocket, because Rockstar.

2010 Honda Fury Chopper

2010-Honda-Fury-5.jpg

That's purdy

18.jpg

That's...weird. That's the actual finalized design and not just some concept?
Edited by SecludedMemory

FallingSanity

It's going to be a subtly phallic shaped crotch rocket, because Rockstar.

2010 Honda Fury Chopper

2010-Honda-Fury-5.jpg

That's purdy

18.jpg

That's...weird. That's the actual finalized design and not just some concept?

I'm gonna say both. Like that BWM concept we saw years ago that has been announced for 2015, with the only change being slightly altered headlights.

(What I'm saying is this is basically the final design)

To be honest, I just want a crotch rocket/street fighter that can look modern AND intimidating. The Double T was close, but it had some sort of... lacking feeling to it, probably to do with the customisation, or lack thereof.

After seeing the Jetpack code thread over in the V section, I'm going to throw the theory out that the Thrust isn't going to be a motorcycle after all

Maybe it will be the name for the new Jetpack (funmw2 confirmed it so you can believe that it is real)and the name Dink Thrust would make sense.

It's just a CRAZY theory though,

The clue is kind of in the name....

clue.png

18.jpg

Yeah it would be sweet. I like the design a lot. You can tell by the awesome fat rear swingarm the bike is supposed to have a sh*tload of hp.