Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,362 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

modnation

massive butthurt incoming - rockstar adjusting rp

PerceusSOZ

Whoop dee doo I lose two illegitimate characters I haven't played on in a week, which the account has probably ran out of gold anyways. What's the worse they can do?

toobsock

Would also be nice if they adjust the player's inventory along with their RP/Rank... so items/vehicles/weapons/etc unlocked at whatever rank would be "reinforced".

Edited by toobsock

The_Mossberg500

Would also be nice if they adjust the player's inventory along with their RP/Rank... so items/vehicles/weapons/etc unlocked at whatever rank would be "reinforced".

Including their bought tanks!

ashtreylil

"If you grinded short legitimate missions or otherwise gained a small amount of RP without modding, your RP should not be affected by this correction."

well this means i wont be effected and most people who farm wont either.....as for the cheaters, they deserve it.

scrublord

hugh750

its about time ffs

As part of our ongoing commitment to target cheaters and keep the game as fair as possible, we are closing RP exploits and will be adjusting the RP totals of players who we know for certain to have gained illegitimate RP by cheating. Your RP will only be adjusted if you participated in mods, hacks, DNS redirects, manipulation of cloud files, or other similarly nefarious behavior. If you grinded short legitimate missions or otherwise gained a small amount of RP without modding, your RP should not be affected by this correction.

source: http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52217/Grand-Theft-Auto-Online-Spring-Updates

i wonder how much screaming and complaining we will hear in gta o's voice chat?? :lol:

Lucius Aelius

I too hope this will pave the way for more level-based unlocks to be added, I've assumed for a while that they would want to reset RP glitchers prior to adding any such content and this makes me think it's on the way. Even if that isn't going to happen it's still nice to see these cheaters deprived of their ill gotten gains, I look forward to hearing them bitch and moan.

RowanSane

It only took these clowns four months to do this. You know, this couldn't have been looked into when they took the servers offline for 8 hours to fix the Credit Duping, right? Idiots..

Really? Well where were you when this was happening? You should have offered them your services to help speed up the process with your vast experience of programming and the like.

Generic excuse for something simple. Just because its programing doesn't mean its hard to look at someone who is level 1000 and not find a reason how they got that high. As for the smart ass remark, I know programing, probably more than most on this forum. As I said before, I used to work with Cobol.

They were able to figure out who got money legit and who didn't..they should be able to figure out who also was on those DNS servers with level glitches..they just didn't care because it had nothing to do with the Shark Cards.

I thin you're seriously glossing over the complexity of the matter. Rockstar have long since stated they want to address the issue so clealry it is something they have been working on. The cash fix was simple - everyone gets $550,000 or nothing. The RP glitch will be harder to address as not every player will have to have their level adjusted. By the sounds of this they want to do this in a fairer manner where a players level is linked to time playing the game so unlike the cash reset it is not simply a mass "one size fits all" solution.

But then you had to start the cash card conspiracy bull crap. Tin foil time....

Ok so first off I agree that they weren't necessarily ready to adjust rp when they did the cash sweep (in fact it seems obvious they weren't. I'd imagine its a more complex check, but....you're wrong in your assumption that they simply reset everyone to either 550k or 50k. My cash was unchanged on 998k after the sweep as I had no counterfeit money given to me. I'm a minority perhaps but I'm sure I wasn't the only one. So you're wrong that this is harder in that respect.

Whoop dee doo I lose two illegitimate characters I haven't played on in a week, which the account has probably ran out of gold anyways. What's the worse they can do?

Take away your 27 billion in the unannounced cash sweep they do at the same time?

modnation

popcorn dot gf

Skylan

Meh. I was level 50-ish by the time I glitched it to 200 and 117 respectively. I know for sure I'll still be in, or close to, the triple digits even IF they take away the illegitimate RP. Not like I ever use the minigun, or anything past level 70. :)

So I'm not butthurt, even if I got reset to level 1, since that's a risk and punishment I was ready to take when I decided to glitch money/RP. I knew the possible consequences. But I am gonna LAUGH at the assload of legit players that have their RP rolled back, even if they never cheated, Because it WILL happen. Legits had millions taken away with the last sweep... This will be no different. (I glitched over 7 billion with DNS, and after the sweep, I was left with 3.5 million, which was 3 million more than most people, lol).

PerceusSOZ

It only took these clowns four months to do this. You know, this couldn't have been looked into when they took the servers offline for 8 hours to fix the Credit Duping, right? Idiots..

Really? Well where were you when this was happening? You should have offered them your services to help speed up the process with your vast experience of programming and the like.

Generic excuse for something simple. Just because its programing doesn't mean its hard to look at someone who is level 1000 and not find a reason how they got that high. As for the smart ass remark, I know programing, probably more than most on this forum. As I said before, I used to work with Cobol.

They were able to figure out who got money legit and who didn't..they should be able to figure out who also was on those DNS servers with level glitches..they just didn't care because it had nothing to do with the Shark Cards.

I thin you're seriously glossing over the complexity of the matter. Rockstar have long since stated they want to address the issue so clealry it is something they have been working on. The cash fix was simple - everyone gets $550,000 or nothing. The RP glitch will be harder to address as not every player will have to have their level adjusted. By the sounds of this they want to do this in a fairer manner where a players level is linked to time playing the game so unlike the cash reset it is not simply a mass "one size fits all" solution.

But then you had to start the cash card conspiracy bull crap. Tin foil time....

Ok so first off I agree that they weren't necessarily ready to adjust rp when they did the cash sweep (in fact it seems obvious they weren't. I'd imagine its a more complex check, but....you're wrong in your assumption that they simply reset everyone to either 550k or 50k. My cash was unchanged on 998k after the sweep as I had no counterfeit money given to me. I'm a minority perhaps but I'm sure I wasn't the only one. So you're wrong that this is harder in that respect.

Take away your 27 billion in the unannounced cash sweep they do at the same time?

highly doubted since it kinda falls under the "glitched" category. BTW, it's 2 POINT 7 billion, not 27 billion.

fathergraywolf

I too hope this will pave the way for more level-based unlocks to be added, I've assume for a while that they would want to reset RP glitchers prior to adding any such content and this makes me think it's on the way. Even if that isn't going to happen it's still nice to see these cheaters deprived of their ill gotten gains, I look forward to hearing them bitch and moan.

Agree with that 100%.

Legit Complainer

You seem upset, post your rile levels. And I don't care what anyone referred to me as, fact remains that my definition (and ultimately correction of you) White Knight is correct. White Knight has nothing to do with defending cheaters..do you even know the term "Knight in Shinning Armor"? Educate yourself instead of having an aneurism on the forum.

lol i seem upset? why is that the typical excuse that all fools on forums such as you make? i never knew that you were capable of glancing through the screen and looking at my facial reactions.... odd. you did not correct me in anything because you cannot change what i perceive as being a white knight, especially when you have a history of acting like one yourself. and the person i was speaking to was not defending cheaters, did you even read the debate? by the way, it's spelled shining, not shinning. dont speak of education when you cant even be bothered to proofread your words. no aneurism here, just laughter and some head-scratching at some of these baseless posts.

Edited by Legit Complainer

Legit Complainer

Well goodbye all you level 1000s and 967s etc, have fun being treated as the noobs you are

Most of them are already treated as "the noobs they are" have you ever actually been in a DM with a level 700+ they are god awful.

lol so you STILL responded huh? says a lot.

"i guess we should leave the conversation there then."

This was 6 posts ago, says a lot I guess.

lol not my problem. you could have said "agreed", but said something foolish instead. now shall we end it?

I didn't say it was your problem I was merely pointing out your hypocrisy. Why would I agree when you were wrong?

there was no hyprocrisy. an opinion is not hypocrisy. if you mean when i said that it was technically cheating, yes i said that. but it's just that; technical cheating. not actual cheating in my book. no hypocrisy when it's intertwined with an opinion.

Again I don't care what it is in "your book" my point (for like the 100th) time was that it was CHEATING when YOU said it WASN'T CHEATING and that they could and should punish you for it. You later then even acknowledged that it was cheating so if anything it sounds like you should have been the one saying "agreed" and dropping the conversation.

i wasnt gonna agree on anything since we were still discussing and i still had things to say. im the one who actually offered first to end it, but just like your typical self, you kept replying with your compulsive behavior. i stated that it's technically cheating to get us both on the same page, but in my book it is not the core definition of a cheat in regards to me getting punished because of it. did i elaborate enough this time? or do you want to nitpick something else?

My point was that it's cheating and that it's punishable, where as you were saying it wasn't. My point has been proven and reinforced multiple times now, so there's really nothing else for me to say on the matter. Other than you still don't understand what the term "white knight" means lol.

Oh and again I don't care what it is "in your book" or how you perceive it, it's still cheating.

your point has been proven, but as a secondary. it seems that your primary point proven has been your ability to constantly refuse to drop the conversation even when i offer to multiple times now, as well as bringing in irrelevant and mundane excuses into the matter since it correlates with your world of delusions. and why did you take your time waiting for me to sign off before replying? cowardice? or did you just hope that i wouldnt respond? if there was nothing left for you to say, this repsonse of yours would not have existed, nor would the past few. i know what white knight means. lol at you too. i dont care what it is in your book either. it's technical cheating, but not cheating worth getting punished over. hence, i dont see it as actual cheating, which many others would agree with. as im sure that some people would agree with you as well. the problem here isnt with our opinions on cheating, it's on your inability to quit instigating a debate which you intensified with your primitive provocations.

Odesza

your point has been proven, but as a secondary. it seems that your primary point proven has been your ability to constantly refuse to drop the conversation even when i offer to multiple times now, as well as bringing in irrelevant and mundane excuses into the matter since it correlates with your world of delusions. and why did you take your time waiting for me to sign off before replying? cowardice? or did you just hope that i wouldnt respond? if there was nothing left for you to say, this repsonse of yours would not have existed, nor would the past few. i know what white knight means. lol at you too. i dont care what it is in your book either. it's technical cheating, but not cheating worth getting punished over. hence, i dont see it as actual cheating, which many others would agree with. as im sure that some people would agree with you as well. the problem here isnt with our opinions on cheating, it's on your inability to quit instigating a debate which you intensified with your primitive provocations.

If you acknowledge my point that it's technically cheating and that you can be punished for it then there's nothing more to say, there is no debate since it's been over now since you acknowledged that I was correct. Also I took longer to reply because I had to go do something and didn't notice your reply, don't be ridiculous.

I don't see why it's so hard to understand me replying to a post directed towards me.

Edited by Odesza

Valdorien

The only thing Rockstar forgot to add was ''u mad cheaters?'' then it would had been perfect.

Bongsquirrel

I really hope the glitched crew rp list does not affect this as it shows I have over 500 days of playtime and just crazy RP

. In game im legit and havent glitched at all

Zwenkwiel

Knowing R* and considering how they handled the hacked money fiasco

I'm guessing they're just going to pick some arbitrary limit and lower any1 above it to that limit

or something stupid along those lines

anyway I'm like lvl 125, did plenty of grinding and replays but I never modded so I geuss I'll be fine

Edited by Zwenkwiel

blk95ta

Should be pretty easy for R* to figure out...

http://gtaonlinestats.com/leaderboards/rppersec

Awesome. Can't wait. Hope they take weapons, vehicles, apts and cash, too.According to that i'm lvl 277 (currently 283) and my rp per sec is 1.83

I should be fine. That's what a legit high lvl looks like. Actually my rp per sec is pretty low since i do spend a lot of time hanging out or cruising around in free roam.

And i'm ranked 38th in "gta no lifers"

http://gtaonlinestats.com/leaderboards/timespentingtaonline

Edited by blk95ta

toobsock

Should be pretty easy for R* to figure out...

http://gtaonlinestats.com/leaderboards/rppersec

Awesome. Can't wait. Hope they take weapons, vehicles, apts and cash, too.

According to that i'm lvl 277 (currently 283) and my rp per sec is 1.83

I should be fine. That's what a legit high lvl looks like. Actually my rp per sec is pretty low since i do spend a lot of time hanging out or cruising around in free roam.

Yeah, same here ... my RP Per Sec is 2.137... I'm wondering what the top end of that stat would be for a legitimate player.

Legit Complainer

If you acknowledge my point that it's technically cheating and that you can be punished for it then there's nothing more to say, there is no debate since it's been over now since you acknowledged that I was correct. Also I took longer to reply because I had to go do something and didn't notice your reply, don't be ridiculous.

I don't see why it's so hard to understand me replying to a post directed towards me.

and once again, your ignorant mind and seemingly thick skull cant comprehend my words. i've already stated that i agreed that it was cheating on a TECHINCAL level to get on the same page as you, i did not say that it counts as proper cheating in the sense that someone should be penalized for it. therefore, i dont see a technical cheat as an actual violation and exploit when it's just a glitch. either youre too unintelligent to get the gist of what im saying or youre intentionally trying to put words into my mouth. if there was no debate then once again i will remind you that you would have dropped the conversation a few replies ago. and the more and more you respond to the provocations that you started then the more i will reply as well until your childish self can end the discussion in a civil manner. i never said you were correct nor did i imply it because this is a matter of opinions, not facts. the argument here was over your pointless allegations at my intelligence when yours seems to be getting dimmer with each successive response. if you were in a conversation then you should have waited for it to end before leaving. i gave you the offer but you didnt take it because you are a fool. during an actual debate, a person wouldnt say "i'll be back later i gotta go take care of something". you are not only ignorant but also foolish. your replies are useless as they are dragging forward a conversation that i tried ending and you refused. not my problem. and if you reply to this then i will do the same. your impulsive habits are none of my concern. lol or maybe i'll wait for myself to leave and perhaps THEN youll respond to it im sure.

Odesza

and once again, your ignorant mind and seemingly thick skull cant comprehend my words. i've already stated that i agreed that it was cheating on a TECHINCAL level to get on the same page as you, i did not say that it counts as proper cheating in the sense that someone should be penalized for it. therefore, i dont see a technical cheat as an actual violation and exploit when it's just a glitch. either youre too unintelligent to get the gist of what im saying or youre intentionally trying to put words into my mouth. if there was no debate then once again i will remind you that you would have dropped the conversation a few replies ago. and the more and more you respond to the provocations that you started then the more i will reply as well until your childish self can end the discussion in a civil manner. i never said you were correct nor did i imply it because this is a matter of opinions, not facts. the argument here was over your pointless allegations at my intelligence when yours seems to be getting dimmer with each successive response. if you were in a conversation then you should have waited for it to end before leaving. i gave you the offer but you didnt take it because you are a fool. during an actual debate, a person wouldnt say "i'll be back later i gotta go take care of something". you are not only ignorant but also foolish. your replies are useless as they are dragging forward a conversation that i tried ending and you refused. not my problem. and if you reply to this then i will do the same. your impulsive habits are none of my concern. lol or maybe i'll wait for myself to leave and perhaps THEN youll respond to it im sure.

Edited by Odesza

Legit Complainer

lol did you even respond? or did you just underline part of your bogus statement?

Odesza

It is cheating and it can be punished by Rockstar. :santa:

Legit Complainer

good enough. the end.

Odesza

good enough. the end.

If only it was good enough 2 pages ago when I first said it :r*:

Legit Complainer

If only it was good enough 2 pages ago when I first said it :r*:

lol youre doing it again. let it go.

Odesza

The only thing Rockstar forgot to add was ''u mad cheaters?'' then it would had been perfect.

That would be the worst thing that they could do.

lol youre doing it again. let it go.

Don't be delusional, there's nothing for me to let go, your choice to reply to this or not.

Edited by Odesza

Legit Complainer

Don't be delusional, there's nothing for me to let go, your choice to reply to this or not.

im not being delusional, im being dimplomatic while youre being uncooperative. this would be about the third time now. it's my choice to reply and i plan to. was there something in the confines of my statment of "the end" that sounded like i wanted to keep going? no. so why do you keep going? as if we dont already know.