GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Which Controller do you like better for driving?

Fan GTA III

AGiganticLlama

Xbox. I hate PS3 controller triggers, they're so slippery it's hard for me to comfortably use it for a short amount of time

this

logitech-wingman-extreme-digital.jpg

seriously though

the 360 since that's the only 1 I own XD

i'm kinda weird like that, I don't use controllers not suitable for my system

anyway I never really liked the ps3 controller, it's too small for my big ass hands or something

ow and those triggers, what kind of an idiot designed those slippery f*ckers?

Xbox 360 controller. Its ergonomic and feels like heaven to hold.

The PS3 controller is tiny as f*ck, and the grip makes my hands hurt for days after use.

fGvIGuc.png

Ai®a©ob®a

I perfer my lighter PS3 non-vibration controller over my heavier vibration controller.

but PS3 over XBOX but i can use both just fine since i use the Microsoft Controller with my PC games if i could hook up my PS3 controller to my PC i would.

3aln5uP.jpg

senormidget

I prefer the Xbox controller.

PS3 thumb sticks are too short and stubby and the controller is too light, it feels cheap and flimsy.

The PS4 controller is a big improvement.

Edited by senormidget

Biohazard Abyss

Anybody remember these bad boys. I loved them.

dukecontroller_1308247746.jpg

I remember I had a chunky-ass Madcatz controller on my original Xbox that was SO uncomfortable to use, lol.

klZZFxG.png

I prefer the Xbox controller.

PS3 thumb sticks are too short and stubby and the controller is too light, it feels cheap and flimsy.

The PS4 controller is a big improvement.

yeah it doesn't leave as nice a dent in my door, definitely a downside compared to the 360 controller

though the old xbox controller was even better, you could kill a man with that thing XD

Edited by Zwenkwiel

AceThaCreator

Anybody remember these bad boys. I loved them.

dukecontroller_1308247746.jpg

That thing was WAY TOO BIG for my hands when it came out as i was young then lol Edited by BlackAce23

PS3 camo.

only 360 controller I ever held is the C3PO. didn't play anything, just "took myself to lunch" on it.

PS3 controller is like a doll's toy, you can tell it was developed in a country where people generally have tiny hands.

And convex triggers! Who needs ergonomics, eh?

cunningstunt

Not a fan of L2 and R2 on ps3 my fingers slip too much

The 360 controller bumper buttons can be a bit of a tw@ when the pad gets old but i find that less of an issue

I perfer my lighter PS3 non-vibration controller over my heavier vibration controller.

but PS3 over XBOX but i can use both just fine since i use the Microsoft Controller with my PC games if i could hook up my PS3 controller to my PC i would.

We should talk. I maybe help with this problem, yes?

I've never used an Xbox controller, but f*cking hell. How do you control on that thing if the analog sticks are in different alignments? I'm not saying it's a bad controller, but given the Playsation's simple control interface, I think I would find it weird to get used to the control layout.

I've never used an Xbox controller, but f*cking hell. How do you control on that thing if the analog sticks are in different alignments? I'm not saying it's a bad controller, but given the Playsation's simple control interface, I think I would find it weird to get used to the control layout.

I started off on Playstation, and after going to Xbox, I cannot go back.

The different positions of the analog sticks feel natural to me, after all, in games, they're used for very different controls.

And it is even better that my fingers don't constantly hit each other whenever I have to point both sticks towards each other.

I mean, you really start to realize how small and awkward the Playstation controller really is after going to Xbox. It probably seems fine to you, and that is understandable because you might be used to it, but whenever I personally play with a PS3 controller now, it feels so stupid how the bottom of my hands are just hanging off the back of it.

Edited by CReaper210

SirPhilMcKraken

360 for driving, triggers >>>>>>>>L3/R3 however the sticks are a lot better on the PS3

The different positions of the analog sticks feel natural to me, after all, in games, they're used for very different controls.

And it is even better that my fingers don't constantly hit each other whenever I have to point both sticks towards each other.

I mean, you really start to realize how small and awkward the Playstation controller really is after going to Xbox. It probably seems fine to you, and that is understandable because you might be used to it, but whenever I personally play with a PS3 controller now, it feels so stupid how the bottom of my hands are just hanging off the back of it.

Okay, now I'm really starting to wonder how fat peoples hands are who play this game.

Talking about slippery trigger buttons and now this? These are ham handed issues, not controller flaws.

My hands aren't massive, but by no means are they small, and the "bottom of my hands" have never hung off the back of the controller lolwtf. Also just tested analog sticks towards each other (in no instance of any game would you even have to do this, btw), there was a pretty sizable gap between my thumbs. I think most of you could use a tutorial on how to properly hold/use a controller. That or your hands must be really f*ckin overweight and clumsy.

Edited by Flexx

I'm kinda lucky I grew up with both so I don't really have a problem transitioning from one to another lol.

Okay, now I'm really starting to wonder how fat peoples hands are who play this game.

Talking about slippery trigger buttons and now this? These are ham handed issues, not controller flaws.

My hands aren't massive, but by no means are they small, and the "bottom of my hands" have never hung off the back of the controller lolwtf. Also just tested analog sticks towards each other (in no instance of any game would you even have to do this, btw). There was a pretty sizable gap between my thumbs. I think most of you could use a tutorial on how to properly hold/use a controller. That or your hands must be really f*ckin overweight and clumsy.

Not really man. Lol, I don't think my hands are large at all, it's just the way the controller feels to me.

But the ONLY way I can make it so my hands are not hanging off the bottom of the controller, is if I put my hand closer to the top, so that my index fingers and FAR pass the R1/R2 and L1/L2 buttons than I feel they should be. Which you probably do, which is why you don't feel it is awkward to you, because you've gotten so used to it.

But the Xbox controller has neither of these problems for me. My palm grips the side of the controller, and my fingers are rested perfectly on the bumpers the entire time. It's one or the other on the PS3 controller.

And you have never had to move to the right and aim to the left in a game before? What in the world...? That is a common thing to do in shooters...

I'll be honest, it's not so much that the sticks are next to each other that cause this problem, but more so that they are convex shaped. They have no grip, and instead of having the tip of my thumb stuck in the middle the entire time like it would be with Xbox 360 analog sticks, the middle of my thumb sits on top of it. And with no grip, I always feel my thumb slipping off just slightly so that I have to readjust every once in a while.

Edited by CReaper210

Not really man. Lol, I don't think my hands are large at all, it's just the way the controller feels to me.

But the ONLY way I can make it so my hands are not hanging off the bottom of the controller, is if I put my hand closer to the top, so that my index fingers and FAR pass the R1/R2 and L1/L2 buttons than I feel they should be. Which you probably do, which is why you don't feel it is awkward to you, because you've gotten so used to it.

But the Xbox controller has neither of these problems for me. My palm grips the side of the controller, and my fingers are rested perfectly on the bumpers the entire time. It's one or the other on the PS3 controller.

You know its better to use your middle fingers for L2/R2, right?

When I hold a PS3 controller my palms are on the side, index fingers rest in-between (or on) L1/R1 and middle fingers just behind (or on) L2/R2. Last two fingers around the bottom grip of the controller lol, does everyone not do this? Don't understand how people feel it awkward, but what can you do.

Also just tested analog sticks towards each other (in no instance of any game would you even have to do this, btw).

And you have never had to move to the right and aim to the left in a game before? What in the world...?

Lol, scratch I ever said that. When I did the test, I just picked up my controller; didn't play anything.

Pushing the analog sticks towards each other appeared odd after actually watching my fingers do it.. I never look at the controller while I play.

Edited by Flexx

My hands aren't massive, but by no means are they small, and the "bottom of my hands" have never hung off the back of the controller lolwtf. Also just tested analog sticks towards each other (in no instance of any game would you even have to do this, btw), there was a pretty sizable gap between my thumbs. I think most of you could use a tutorial on how to properly hold/use a controller. That or your hands must be really f*ckin overweight and clumsy.

what?

are you seriously going to say there's not a problem with the ps3 triggers?

cuz that's not a matter of taste or opinion, they are badly designed triggers

I mean have you ever seen anything like this for any other controller?

trigger-opset-ps3-(hama).jpg

what?

are you seriously going to say there's not a problem with the ps3 triggers?

cuz that's not a matter of taste or opinion, they are badly designed triggers

I simply don't have a problem using the trigger buttons. That's pretty much it. Design doesn't bother me either.

You know its better to use your middle fingers for L2/R2, right?

When I hold a PS3 controller my palms are on the side, index fingers rest in-between (or on) L1/R1 and middle fingers just behind (or on) L2/R2. Last two fingers around the bottom grip of the controller lol, does everyone not do this? Don't understand how people feel it awkward, but what can you do.

Yeah, I know that, that wasn't what I was talking about in my comment though. Anyways, it's hard to explain in text anyways.

Like I said, I don't really expect someone who has always played on Playstation primarily to feel it being awkward. This is just my personal opinion, after switching from Playstation to Xbox, which was pretty much a forced transition to play with friends, otherwise I'd probably still be playing mainly on Playstation and would probably feel the same about you with the controller.. The whole console and controller thing is just a matter of opinion anyways, I was just saying why I personally prefer the Xbox controller.

But I have gotten my hands on the Dualshock 4 though, and they really REALLY improved their controller. The triggers, the shape of the sticks, the core size itself. Especially the triggers, they needed some work from the DS3 design.

It is so much more ergonomic for the hand IMO.

Ive played GTA4 on both xbox and playstation.

The xbox controller is superior simply because the triggers aren't inside like the PS is, it makes it much easier to do more accurate fine-tuned accelerations where as with the PS controller, its slow acceleration then fast acceleration, theres no in between.

And, the xbox sticks are a lot more responsive which i like. To better compare, try playing san andreas with both consoles, the differences wil be easier to spot in that game then in GTA5 since in GTA5 they made running only possible via A/X button mashing.

Edit: i think hand size also is a deciding factor for which controller to show preference for. I have above-average sized hand, so for me the PS controller feels a bit too small, especially with those sticks placed so close together, very non-ergonomic for people of larger hand sizes.

Edited by TECHN9CiAN

Commander S

Xbox 360 - never liked the squishy buttons on the DualShock. Prefer the feeling of solid ABS plastic under my fingers (just how I like my women).

That said, the analogue sticks and the adjustable D-pad on the later models don't do it for me at all - still use the previous version, specifically this:

halo-3-odst-xbox-360-controller_1.jpg

Xbox controllers, mainly due to the triggers. The placement of the buttons, D pad and sticks don't bother me at all. The PS controller should be bigger though.