GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

No more fair PvP in free roam?

SPKxLonewolf117

SPKxLonewolf117

I really don't play much death match since most of maps chosen are player created and 95% offer no balance and the host always has some dirty trick they pull because they made the map and put something secret or know the area very well.

I know PvP is not the greatest thing ever when it comes to GTA online freeroam but I enjoy it when someone tries to take me on. Yet this whole week has been nothing but wall glitches, invisible glitches, tanks, and those people that can take 4 sniper rifle rounds to the face....

Anyone else running into this? I enjoy fair pvp when the time comes but hitting find new session is getting pretty annoying.

Killzone3265

nothing is fair no matter what settings

the higher level you are, the more health you have

aswell as character stats such as stamina and strength

the whole game is tailored to extremely casual players meaning anyone can smack anyone, no skill besides common senses are involved to "win"

idk if my post even makes any sense

SPKxLonewolf117

nothing is fair no matter what settings

the higher level you are, the more health you have

aswell as character stats such as stamina and strength

the whole game is tailored to extremely casual players meaning anyone can smack anyone, no skill besides common senses are involved to "win"

idk if my post even makes any sense

Oh it did.

There is a certain degree of skill but not much. A person with a legit 2.0+ will beat someone lower than a 1.0 99% of the time. The whole more health with higher level thing also un-balanced as well.

When I was level 40 taking on guys who cheated for their lv 500 in DM it kinda made me give up on the whole deathmatch thing.

mrtommygunwhite

or my "favorite" they are waiting in MY garage and they shoot me whilst i can do f**k all about it happened twice within two back to back sessions

chatD4VIS-360

I don't even understand how that would be fun. Sitting in a wall just waiting for someone to stroll by for you to kill. Sounds boring.

I don't even understand how that would be fun. Sitting in a wall just waiting for someone to stroll by for you to kill. Sounds boring.

I guess they're waiting for a player who won't give up trying to get their revenge.

beat_savy_9

OP, maybe this has occurred to you, or maybe not but, in my opinion, you might enjoy the game much better if there was some sort of hardcore mode.

Can't lie OP, most of this week's lobbies consisted of very mortal assholes for me. Some better than me, but entirely killable (and griefable if I were a huge dick).

Edited by I3AZZAI2

CarimboHanky

freeroam battles rarely are fair...

its all fun til someone cant kill you and get a tank

JoeyTwoShoes

That's why I always make it that you can only used Forced+Pick-ups in my DMs. Matches are won by skill, not whoever has the biggest gun.

We Are Ninja

75% of my free-roam battles stay mano y mano. Good, fair, clean fights. Every so often, someone will call a friend or a tank or a tank AND a friend with a tank (happened last week; got raped for 45 minutes straight by a team of tank griefers working in tandem... :/), but for the most part, I can't complain.

Honestly, battling players that were substantially better/more powerful than me made me a much better player. Yeah, I got stomped out plenty of times, but the skills/techniques/tactics that I picked up during those ass-whippings have been invaluable.

I actually still come across good and fair fights quite often. The problem is that it hardly ever lasts more than 15 mins as there is always some douche who wants to spoil the fun by getting a tank.

Yet this whole week has been nothing but wall glitches, invisible glitches, tanks, and those people that can take 4 sniper rifle rounds to the face....

Anyone else running into this?

It's funny you say this. A few friends and I ran into a bunch of bitches in GTAO last week. Garage killers, PM wall glitches.... the sh*t was crazy.

Edited by Ninjambie

I always do fair one-on-one DMs in free-mode. I like pistols so I always do that first with my mates then whoever wins gets to pick the next guns to do it with. I love it, can do that for ages as long as theirs some level of communication via in-game texts or a mic.

Add me if this also floats your boat, but for god-sake please put in the Friend Request something like "GTA forums" or "Up for PvP?" or else I'll just delete the request.

Edited by TheMckeever