GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Can you hear people with no mic?

aykittyxoxo

aykittyxoxo

Im just curious I have no idea if this as been answered before but if it as can some link it for me that be nice. If you have no mic can you still hear people in game or do you need a mic to hear people in game?

Jazzy the Dutchess

You can still hear people in the game without having a mic. When my mic broke and before I could get a new one I heard people talking back and forth. I had to turn my tv volume up though.

aykittyxoxo

ok thanks all that answered cause i seam to never hear anyone when online maybe im lucky i dont know just be nice to hear them in missions sometimes. also a mod can lock this now if they like.

Edited by aykittyxoxo

Yes you can, it might be a difficult to hear at times though, since its mixed with the ingame sound.

CatchMeTrolling

Unlike the rest of the post I actually don't, maybe its my settings? Only hear them without a mic when I'm in a lobby or it could be the fact that a lot of people don't use their mic unless you're cool or you piss them off

HopalongCasidy

Unlike the rest of the post I actually don't, maybe its my settings? Only hear them without a mic when I'm in a lobby or it could be the fact that a lot of people don't use their mic unless you're cool or you piss them off

This.

You can always hear their Kinect... especially when they have family over.

Oh man, this is too true. And you hear the game sounds echoing as well. Please, please, please people, Kinect is not a substitute for a mic. Do us all a favor, get a mic and turn that d@#n Kinect crap off.

Friendly Lava Lamp

I had my headset disconnected for a couple days because I used it on my computer for a Skype call. During those few days I never heard anyone during those two days. I even had a friend join me who always talks to me and I still didn't hear anything. He did call me in-game and I was able to hear him through the call but I am unsure if he tried speaking to me before calling me and I wasn't answering because I didn't here it and was unable to respond.

I am sure my settings had chat turned on to all, so I would have to check this out with someone who could help.

Edited by Friendly Lava Lamp

GTA-Addicted

Make sure you have the chat rights set to Everyone (in Quick Menu) if you want to hear the people in the current session

aykittyxoxo

I was just wondering cause i do not own a mic.

I really do not want to get one cause i really do not talk alot but I still like to hear said people in like a mission for teamwork.

Edited by aykittyxoxo

Strengthcamp

In the preferences setting you can choose to play voice through a headset or through your tv speakers. The default setting is headset

• Like 1

aykittyxoxo

In the preferences setting you can choose to play voice through a headset or through your tv speakers. The default setting is headset

I see now and thank you for pointing this out to me

• Like 1

Preferences in game or console preferences?

Polish_Trucker

You can always hear their Kinect... especially when they have family over.

Yeah. All 'families' are either Brazilian or French and always having some sort of meal :dozing:

aykittyxoxo

I know for 360 its in your profile settings in the guide menus

I know for 360 its in your profile settings in the guide menus

I'm on 360 so I'll try this. Thanks :)

If I don't have my mic plugged in, the only time I can hear other people is on jobs. In freeroam it's totally silent.

CarimboHanky

i dont use mine that often but i have the chat setting to "everyone" so i can hear my victims screaming at the tv in rage!

Deadly Aviator

There is a setting on xbox of how loud voice chat is, and whether it comes through the speakers, or headset, or both