2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

ClaudX

The Beta Topic

GTAKid667

April fools? Advertising? Seriously? I posted a link to a modification I made that strongly related to the topic at hand that happened to be posted on my own website as I was the one who created the modification. It's not like I posted "HEY EVERYONE CHECK OUT MY SITE". Hell, look at my post history if you seriously think I was trying to advertise my website. If you really believe what I did was "advertising", you might want to remove Nick's TXDf*cker in the mobile modding topics as all of his download links go to his own website or many other modders that also link to their own websites when posting mods.

The way you had stated it, seemed as if you was advertising, which is not allowed on this forum.

If you have error with the way I moderate, please bring it up through PM to myself, or another moderator. Do not reply to this topic again regarding this 'issue', especially not in the way you just did.

PerfectBlade

Any cars that was cut in gta lcs? sorry for bad english btw!

Edited by GTAKid667

Gummy 

Thanks for the information guys! I would've never gotten some of it without your help. Say, I read that the Bradygames guide said that the Biplane was called "Pitts". Any chance of getting a scan of that? Thanks in advance! I wonder when Bradygames played the game. With that information, we can know a range of when certain elements were cut.

I heard someone say about Bryan and Vic being chased by the Mendez Cartel. Would this be the image by any chance?

vcs_25.jpg

Vic is driving the car and I think that's Bryan behind him. It's the second car by the way, not the one in front.

I don't know, Back then I saw a youtube video about beta stuff in VCS, and I seen a picture of Bryan and Vic driving together with behind them chasing, It's not the same with this one, that picture was in daytime while this one is in the evening, I can't find the video anymore. Hell, even if you search "GTA VCS Beta" or something like that all you see is videos from the PC Edition.

EDIT: Here's the real one! (I think)

grand-theft-auto-vice-city-stories-20060

Can't find one with a better quality, sorry. But I think the rumors are wrong, it may be Reni people had mistaken Bryan with, but if this is the so-called deleted mission with Bryan, I think some people got it wrong, it's Reni.

More info

Vic originally had (or can get) Tattoos.

vcs_454.jpg?1322832124

Anyone knows if the cameramen really appears?

Edited by Prince Gumball

thehambone

Biplane was named different (I forgot its name) .

Biplane was called on beta "Pitts

Thanks for the information guys! I would've never gotten some of it without your help. Say, I read that the Bradygames guide said that the Biplane was called "Pitts". Any chance of getting a scan of that? Thanks in advance! I wonder when Bradygames played the game. With that information, we can know a range of when certain elements were cut.

Photos are enclosed in spoilers because my phone takes gigantic pictures.

Here's a shot of the "Pitts" that I took from the PSP strategy guide.

EtzWzne.jpg

-------------------------

I also found a few things:

From the looks of it, the camera used to spawn outside of that one mission (I can't remember the name). I remember searching around this spot and not ever finding a camera (PS2).

snbDu2C.jpg

fLflHD1.jpg

Beta name for the Tropic or typo? :blink:

BW1lClE.jpg

Here's a shot from the strategy guide of the third dead person in the final mission. I read the entire section on this mission and could not find any mention of this third person. Perhaps it is just a random enemy's dead body (scripted to be in that location).

gYZhBgN.jpg

Also, I seem to remember a few of the Red Balloons in the strategy guide being placed in slightly different locations fromwhere they appear in the final (PS2) game.

Edited by thehambone

Ash_735

Good call on the camera and Tropic, those were corrected in the version I have (ps2 guide) and yeah same screenshots for the last mission, no mention of that guy BUT he is one if Diaz's goons, the one who us in charge with cutting the coke.

thehambone

Found a few more things from the PSP guide:

The Scarab looks like a boat that was cut.

Gl2JRVh.jpg

The Equalizer was referred to as ".357"

23njH3h.jpg

The Scorpion was called "Venom 9mm."

6llF4lP.jpg

According to GrandTheftWiki (or GTAWiki, whichever you prefer), there was a landmine weapon. Here is the HUD icon:

5jflzHn.gif

Edited by thehambone

gamerzworld

Found a few more things from the PSP guide:

Gl2JRVh.jpg

The Equalizer was referred to as ".357"

23njH3h.jpg

The Scorpion was called "Venom 9mm."

6llF4lP.jpg

According to GrandTheftWiki (or GTAWiki, whichever you prefer), there was a landmine weapon. Here is the HUD icon:

5jflzHn.gif

The Scarab is actually the Violator. The landmind is in the game and is functional, just requires CheatDevice to obtain it.

thehambone

Gl2JRVh.jpg

5jflzHn.gif

The Scarab is actually the Violator. The landmind is in the game and is functional, just requires CheatDevice to obtain it.

Whoops, you're right! Sorry, I don't know my boats too well! Regardless, it's a beta name.

The VCN Maverick, like the landmine, is in the game and functional, but can only be spawned using a trainer. Still classifies as beta content.

EDIT: I just noticed that WildBrick142 already pointed out the landmine. Sorry about that!

Edited by thehambone

gamerzworld

Gl2JRVh.jpg

5jflzHn.gif

Whoops, you're right! Sorry, I don't know my boats too well! Regardless, it's a beta name.

The VCN Maverick, like the landmine, is in the game and functional, but can only be spawned using a trainer. Still classifies as beta content.

EDIT: I just noticed that WildBrick142 already pointed out the landmine. Sorry about that!

Never said it wasn't beta stuff, just pointing out more than just the HUD icon is in the final build.

markusizr

I think a dead guy is Armando but gtw says Armando Mendez was planned to be killed on final stand.

The Detective

vcs_454.jpg?1322832124

Anyone knows if the cameramen really appears?

He appears in the mission Accidents Will Happen recording during the course.

Sir-Ivan

Man have I got a good scoop for you guys, so I was using the Brady Guide to take a picture of that mission part as requested (Silent couldn't get it to activate properly in the game :() and I decided to look through some other things...

OK, so first up, the extended part of "Soldier";

2nhd9v8.png

Where Vic hold the weapon looks like the python animation from VC/LCS

Edited by iFres0x

markusizr

Is there any texture of topfun on vcs :/

Ash_735

Yes, but its a VC leftover.

Darth_Starkiller

The Stinger in Jive Drive is still red. On the cutscene, it's the same tone of red seen in the screenshot, but in the actual mission, it's a different tone (that can be found on the streets). It's the one Jerry gives him. By the way. Rockstar has some pretty strange code when related to gangs, and they usually make gang related activities include all of them but limit the ones you can take part in. For example, there's code for territory for all gangs in SA (even the Triads and Aztecas), but the only ones in the game are the Ballas and Vagos. So, likely golfers, army and Cubans and security didn't have sites. Although it's interesting to note that there are two Vance sites and one for Marty's. I also love how R* showed, in the first trailer, spoilers for the final mission.

I wonder who was the guy with the blue shirt in the ground. Must be Tommy Vercetti, of course. /s

By the way, here's something interesting from trailer 2. Not sure if in the final game.

C2yU7yo.png

uIkxtNw.png

markusizr

that guy is working with diaz and its not tommy

Jinx.

Yap, he has just similar clothes.

Ash_735

By the way, here's something interesting from trailer 2. Not sure if in the final game.

That scene is in the game but oddly enough, Rockstar changed the shot to a less exciting one:

Zee

Wow, awesome finds OP! I'm really really interested as to what the Leo Teal aspect was.

Darth_Starkiller

Maybe assassination missions?

MAJEST1C_R3

alpha/beta Vic model also lying in game resources:

4b203b4af3cb.jpg

In beta he was more similar with himself in Vice City and is very similar to his brother Lance

f4e3ed2a7e9a.jpg

Edited by MAJEST1C_R3

gamerzworld

4b203b4af3cb.jpg

In beta he was more similar with himself in Vice City and is very similar to his brother Lance

f4e3ed2a7e9a.jpg

I'm assuming you're talking about the cut scene model/texture? The first picture in the OP is the final model with that texture applied to it. Could never get the model to appear in-game/cut scenes. Looks very different with the correct model -- nice job!

MAJEST1C_R3

4b203b4af3cb.jpg

f4e3ed2a7e9a.jpg

I'm assuming you're talking about the cut scene model/texture? The first picture in the OP is the final model with that texture applied to it. Could never get the model to appear in-game/cut scenes. Looks very different with the correct model -- nice job!

Yeah. That's CS. But sadly it don't suitable with VCS anims because of different Bone IDs

Jinx.

Isn't possible to do it working by changing Bone IDs?

Ambient_

Why not take it out and try it in another GRAND THEFT AUTO game that might be compatible with it?

MAJEST1C_R3

I can post it here - maybe someone would create IG model.

Son Of Big Boss

did someone noticed the blista compact was the same model as beta blista from gta vice city, in the background of the beta bike picture, LookrZRhjt9.jpg

Son Of Big Boss

violator had a different glass

32i0dwb.png

Mp5 and not Mp5k

prMxwxY.jpg

markusizr

10250700_254132684771178_1205742533_n.jp beta misson solider and beta swim suit 10269610_254139388103841_739924623800312

Edited by markusizr

Sir-Ivan

Someone noticed something?

This is not a Equalizer: fefef0m24zvycpi.png

This is a .357 from VC/LCS