4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

KapiDL

Grotti appreciation thread

wizooord
Posted (edited)

Woke up with the urge to cramp all my Ferraris and Lambos in one place. My Monroe and Visione had to fight for a spot but I'm happy with the end result. Had to rearrange all of my other garages because of this little venture, took half a day but definitely a welcome refreshment.

4t9BYpj.jpg

Hg1c2S3.jpg

Edited by wizooord

ilovefreebird

Do you have two Tempestas? I can't tell what that purple one is next to your Vacca.

IceDree
1 hour ago, ilovefreebird said:

Do you have two Tempestas? I can't tell what that purple one is next to your Vacca.

Looks like a Reaper.

ilovefreebird
1 hour ago, IceDree said:

Looks like a Reaper.

Ah, I knew I was forgetting one! Thanks.

IceDree

I've been driving the F12berlinetta in TC2 a lot recently ... like a lot, and it got me thinking about the Seven-70 again, where do we stand on its Grottiness?

Do we give it a pass & welome it to the Grotti family for the heavy F12berlinetta influence despite its Dewbauchee branding?

Or are we abiding by La Cosa Nostra's Uomo D'onore rules?

Scottiedog123

^^Nowhere near enough Grotti for me, it's nearly all Aston.

Kushology
3 hours ago, Scottiedog123 said:

Carbonizairre (Butchered that, definitely), reminds me of the AM Zagato more than a Ferrari.

Scottiedog123
Posted (edited)

^^ I can still see a lot of Ferrari in the C.boniz.. and the noise and way it drives. 

Infact it's almost more Portofino than Cali. in the looks department.

This is why the blending of Manufacturers is not good..

Blend models if you have to, not makers.

Edited by Scottiedog123

Karami
Posted (edited)

My 1st love from Grotti. I love this ugly ass car

mSAm69l.png

DUXxuFN.png

Edited by Karami
Decided to keep 2 pics up instead of 3.

IceDree
Posted (edited)

^^ Man, they botcherd the Enzo so bad, its just heartbreaking. I never accused the Enzo of being pretty, but the Cheetah is a whole different level of fugliness.

___

Nice color, dude.

5 hours ago, Scottiedog123 said:

I dunno dude, it looks about 75% F12 to me. The rear quarters and top view are the only AM influences I see.

Part of me is tempted to get it back and park it next to the GTO if the car selection with the next dlc is a bust, I think they'll look good together ...

Edited by IceDree

Scottiedog123
Posted (edited)

^^ I kind of agree it is heavy on the F12, esp in the face.

But the overall profile I feel is very one-77,  the cab is not far back enough for a F12, and the whole vibe of the car is very Aston to me, I do have mine customised to lean heavily that way mind.

I also really dont like putting cars of the wrong brand in together as if they are branded the same, I know it shouldn't matter but it bugs me. 

I would kick some serious fkin ass at R* given the chance!

Edited by Scottiedog123

IceDree

^^ now that you mentioned it, you're correct. The axle to dash ratio is nowhere the F12.

20 minutes ago, Scottiedog123 said:

I also really dont like putting cars of the wrong brand in together as if they are branded the same, I know it shouldn't matter but it bugs me

I know whatcya mean, that's why I try not to put cars together by brand.

My Grotti collection is spread across 3 different locations, but your collection inspired me to get them all under one roof in the club, I'm just waiting for the dlc to come out so I can reshuffle everything in one go.

26 minutes ago, Scottiedog123 said:

I would kick some serious fkin ass at R* given the chance!

Ha! Me too!

Pedinhuh

The Cheetah wouldn't be nearly as ugly as it is if it wasn't for the low-effort headlights, unremovable carbon fiber stain through the hood and rest of the body, and stupid spoiler options. If it atleast was like it's beta model with glass roof and fully painted bodywork, it would be more doable.

Kushology
6 hours ago, Scottiedog123 said:

^^ I can still see a lot of Ferrari in the C.boniz.. and the noise and way it drives. 

Infact it's almost more Portofino than Cali. in the looks department.

This is why the blending of Manufacturers is not good..

Blend models if you have to, not makers.

I just see Zagato in the rear lights and parts of side profile. GTA Wiki mentions it also and the F12.

I will admit I was a bit in shock when the Zagato was revealed, considering my PSN is/was "Zagaro" to some people. Technically though, Pizza / Cigar

IceDree
Posted (edited)

Finally got my stallions together under one roof in the new stable.

PC45VJs.png

cOnabaO.png

gjGInI6.png

LPDr5uf.png

SI8zbAe.png

39L1sAp.png

NUPZEzJ.png

The Blu Bestia is the latest member of my collection, a birthday gift from me to me.

Edited by IceDree

Marciliojunior01
On 5/27/2019 at 6:00 PM, Pedinhuh said:

The Cheetah wouldn't be nearly as ugly as it is if it wasn't for the low-effort headlights, unremovable carbon fiber stain through the hood and rest of the body, and stupid spoiler options. If it atleast was like it's beta model with glass roof and fully painted bodywork, it would be more doable.

Never understood Why the forced carbon trim, it looks way better without it. 

ilovefreebird
On 6/10/2019 at 4:42 PM, IceDree said:

Finally got my stallions together under one roof in the new stable.

PC45VJs.png

Incomplete without a Stinger!

IceDree
37 minutes ago, ilovefreebird said:

Incomplete without a Stinger!

Traded mine for a GT500, might get it back* now that I have a dedicated Grotti stable.

_____

* dlc contingent.

ddarko12
Posted (edited)

My Grotti Stable

I've always been a big Ferrari fan and with GTA there's no exception. Yes I have a small Pegassi collection, a Pfister collection, etc. But my Grottis have always been very special to me. Here's an explanation of the cars I chose, their specs, and why I love them. And then following that will be why I haven't bought a select few Grotti models.

1. Grotti Carbonizzare

wOg90dS.jpg

Azzurro California w/ Cuoio leather

This was the first Grotti I bought. Despite its many non-Ferrari design influences, it reminds me of the California and so I specc'd it as such. In the Ferrari California's debut Azzurro California paint, which also highlights its standard Cuoio interior. It's a bit exotic and unique, I fell in love with this color in real life after seeing it in person on a bespoke California, which also had tan interior. This is my laid-back Grotti. It's a great cruising car, is fast and nippy when it needs to be but overall I just want to put the top down and take in the scenery. I feel like no other color best represents this car's attitude.

2. Grotti Bestia GTS

7ejFad7.jpg

Rosso Corsa w/ Nero leather

This one is a bit odd, as is the FF and GTC4Lusso. I was so excited to get another new Grotti and nabbed this one as soon as I could. Unlike the Carbonizzare, it's a V12 and it sounds and drives kind of different albeit similar. I chose Rosso Corsa, the resale red, because it just makes this car pop. The GTC4Lusso is the Ferrari where most buyers don't choose Rosso Corsa, so it actually stands out for once, plus it works for the design. It also fits this car for me, because this is the Grotti I drive when I want a little bit more edge while keeping the luxury look. It has heaps of grip, it's quite quick and it is actually a smooth town car. Couple that with the concept that this is a four seater. A very weird niche concept for Ferrari that I've always loved. They've been doing Ferraris like this for a while; the 612, 456, etc. There's always something very cool about them.

3. Grotti Itali GTO

4zpikYE.jpg

Grigio Ingrid w/ Blu Medio leather

My latest addition, obviously, and I have to say it's my favorite. Ferrari's front-engined V12 GT cars have always been my favorite of them all. The idea of a car with a huge engine in the front (technically still mid-engined considering its placement behind the front axle) a design and cockpit that mixes sport with luxury, and a huge trunk in the back; a car that can comfortably be used on long journeys with little-to-no compromises on performance has always amazed me. That's part of why I chose a rather obscure color scheme for my Itali. Grigio Ingrid subdues the edgy design a bit and brings out the elegance. Coupled with Blu Medio for the interior. Subtle but a little sporty and definitely bespoke. I'm in love with it and it's not far from how I'd spec a real 812Superfast or F12berlinetta. This is my do-all Grotti. This car is just as much of a pussycat at low speeds as both the Bestia. I can sit back and enjoy the scenery like in the Carbonizzare too. The thing about those cars is they can be fast, but not quite in the same fashion as the Itali. There's an 'O' in the 'GT' name for a reason (Omologato, a.k.a. Homologated a.k.a. officially certified for racing). It goes like stink. Like the 812, the only way to describe this car when flowing it is superfast. It also sounds like a Bestia on speed. It wipes the floor with most cars I own, and despite it getting a little bit tricky in the corners or uneven roads, it corners like its on rails. Truly one of the best modern Grottis. Maranello's finest.

4. Grotti Cheetah (Classic)

QqeeWM8.jpg

Prugna Metallizzato w/ Crema leather

This is my favorite of the more 'analog' Grottis. I have to say I'm actually not the biggest fan of when Ferrari turned away from front-engine 12-cylinder flagships to do mid-engine GT cars, despite how legendary they are now. But the Testarossa is still something special. Keeping it Rosso, with a twist, I went the burgundy route. Not many Testarossas were done in Prugna Metallizzato, but the few that were show off the hidden elegance of this rather ostentatious and somewhat kind of chintzy design. It is still the GT flagship, so it needs an inviting interior too, done in Crema. A funny thing about the original Testarossas is, well, they're not really all that fast by today's standards. I mean an Audi A4, not even an S, could outrun it in a sprint to 60mph. But it's not all about that. This analog 12-cylinder still handles like its on rails sometimes, has a rich sound and pizazz to it. I never get tired of driving it around actually, despite its edgy aerodynamics and specs it really just ends up being a cruise-mobile.

5. Grotti Turismo (Classic)

SIdgh9X.jpg

Rosso Corsa w/ Grigio leather

The greatest of all of time, most people would say. It's definitely something else. A twin-turbo V12 in theory (we all know the real thing is a V8 but Rockstar likes to be extra). It's always an event driving this thing. Unlike most Ferraris, this is one case where being unoriginal in the spec-game has no cons whatsoever. There is nothing like a Rosso Corsa F40. Grigio seats instead of Rosso fit it better however. Maranello's finest. This is the only flagship super Grotti I own and it is truly something. It certainly gets up a lot quicker than the Cheetah and at times can be quick intense. The whoosh of turbos as it whips around corners as quick as my modern Carbonizzare never gets old. It's cars like this that make a collection that much more special. I admit I don't drive it much, but that's because it would just feel a bit inappropriate. It's for special occasions, when I'm really in the mood or in one of those modes where I drive all of my stallions back to back.

6. Grotti GT500

OvD67oe.jpg

Giallo Fly w/ Nero leather

At last, my vintage classic. This car expresses what the front-engined V12 GT idea was all about and why it's so great. It is literally a predecessor to cars like the Itali GTO and having these two together is something I've always wanted. I chose Giallo Fly because, as usually, I wanted something a bit odd. People generally dress classic cars in subtle colors. So why not be loud instead? Those are the classics that tend to be more valuable anyway. The way it contrasts against the open pore wood and Nero leather is something else, especially with the matching analog dashboard. Classic Ferrari interiors, especially being the epitome of a GT car, must stand out. I have to be in a specific mood to want to drive this car, and whenever I am, it is a fun and relaxing experience. The elephant in the room is obviously its not hella fast or anything. But for its time it offered a very quality driving experience, even compared to masterpieces like the Benefactor Stirling GT. Until more vintage Grotti gems are uncovered, this feels like the car that started it all.

And there you have it, Maranello's finest creations in my opinion. :)

Honorable mentions, maybe?

Spoiler

The Cheetah - I don't really like it. In fact when they unveiled it via a pre-launch screenshot I cringed. That's the Cheetah? Ugly. I don't feel like there's a spark with it's design, it just doesn't have that Italian flare for me. It looks generic.

The Stinger & Stinger GT - Long bonnet, GT design, engine in the back? What? Doesn't make sense to me. That's just- no. I don't know what they were doing there. Design wise I think it's exaggerated. Why are the haunches so big? It looks like a toy car. The Stinger too, BUT that has the engine in the front... why would one have it in front the other rear and yet they handle the same? This logic is bad. And then the elephant in the room. That interior. Banshee with some wood, even some modern sport seats that don't look like they belong in the 60's. Kind of questionably done and overrated. That said if you love it more power to you, but the GT500 is just better in every way for me. A proper classic Ferrari.

Turismo R - I just feel like this car should be more fleshed out. More detail overall and a better looking front end because it looks generic/overdone there, like it's a bug or something. Also... The Itali wipes the floor with it now doesn't it? That's not quite right.

Vigilante - LOL! No explanation needed.

Visione - I'm not a fan, it's another generic exotic to me, doesn't look like a proper modern Ferrari. Maybe some obscure one-off. Not for me.

X80 Proto - The only thing this car was ever good for was the Frozen Money glitch.

Edited by ddarko12

ilovefreebird
18 hours ago, ddarko12 said:

My Grotti Stable

I've always been a big Ferrari fan and with GTA there's no exception. Yes I have a small Pegassi collection, a Pfister collection, etc. But my Grottis have always been very special to me. Here's an explanation of the cars I chose, their specs, and why I love them. And then following that will be why I haven't bought a select few Grotti models.

1. Grotti Carbonizzare

wOg90dS.jpg

Azzurro California w/ Cuoio leather

This was the first Grotti I bought. Despite its many non-Ferrari design influences, it reminds me of the California and so I specc'd it as such. In the Ferrari California's debut Azzurro California paint, which also highlights its standard Cuoio interior. It's a bit exotic and unique, I fell in love with this color in real life after seeing it in person on a bespoke California, which also had tan interior. This is my laid-back Grotti. It's a great cruising car, is fast and nippy when it needs to be but overall I just want to put the top down and take in the scenery. I feel like no other color best represents this car's attitude.

2. Grotti Bestia GTS

7ejFad7.jpg

Rosso Corsa w/ Nero leather

This one is a bit odd, as is the FF and GTC4Lusso. I was so excited to get another new Grotti and nabbed this one as soon as I could. Unlike the Carbonizzare, it's a V12 and it sounds and drives kind of different albeit similar. I chose Rosso Corsa, the resale red, because it just makes this car pop. The GTC4Lusso is the Ferrari where most buyers don't choose Rosso Corsa, so it actually stands out for once, plus it works for the design. It also fits this car for me, because this is the Grotti I drive when I want a little bit more edge while keeping the luxury look. It has heaps of grip, it's quite quick and it is actually a smooth town car. Couple that with the concept that this is a four seater. A very weird niche concept for Ferrari that I've always loved. They've been doing Ferraris like this for a while; the 612, 456, etc. There's always something very cool about them.

3. Grotti Itali GTO

4zpikYE.jpg

Grigio Ingrid w/ Blu Medio leather

My latest addition, obviously, and I have to say it's my favorite. Ferrari's front-engined V12 GT cars have always been my favorite of them all. The idea of a car with a huge engine in the front (technically still mid-engined considering its placement behind the front axle) a design and cockpit that mixes sport with luxury, and a huge trunk in the back; a car that can comfortably be used on long journeys with little-to-no compromises on performance has always amazed me. That's part of why I chose a rather obscure color scheme for my Itali. Grigio Ingrid subdues the edgy design a bit and brings out the elegance. Coupled with Blu Medio for the interior. Subtle but a little sporty and definitely bespoke. I'm in love with it and it's not far from how I'd spec a real 812Superfast or F12berlinetta. This is my do-all Grotti. This car is just as much of a pussycat at low speeds as both the Bestia. I can sit back and enjoy the scenery like in the Carbonizzare too. The thing about those cars is they can be fast, but not quite in the same fashion as the Itali. There's an 'O' in the 'GT' name for a reason (Omologato, a.k.a. Homologated a.k.a. officially certified for racing). It goes like stink. Like the 812, the only way to describe this car when flowing it is superfast. It also sounds like a Bestia on speed. It wipes the floor with most cars I own, and despite it getting a little bit tricky in the corners or uneven roads, it corners like its on rails. Truly one of the best modern Grottis. Maranello's finest.

4. Grotti Cheetah (Classic)

QqeeWM8.jpg

Prugna Metallizzato w/ Crema leather

This is my favorite of the more 'analog' Grottis. I have to say I'm actually not the biggest fan of when Ferrari turned away from front-engine 12-cylinder flagships to do mid-engine GT cars, despite how legendary they are now. But the Testarossa is still something special. Keeping it Rosso, with a twist, I went the burgundy route. Not many Testarossas were done in Prugna Metallizzato, but the few that were show off the hidden elegance of this rather ostentatious and somewhat kind of chintzy design. It is still the GT flagship, so it needs an inviting interior too, done in Crema. A funny thing about the original Testarossas is, well, they're not really all that fast by today's standards. I mean an Audi A4, not even an S, could outrun it in a sprint to 60mph. But it's not all about that. This analog 12-cylinder still handles like its on rails sometimes, has a rich sound and pizazz to it. I never get tired of driving it around actually, despite its edgy aerodynamics and specs it really just ends up being a cruise-mobile.

5. Grotti Turismo (Classic)

SIdgh9X.jpg

Rosso Corsa w/ Grigio leather

The greatest of all of time, most people would say. It's definitely something else. A twin-turbo V12 in theory (we all know the real thing is a V8 but Rockstar likes to be extra). It's always an event driving this thing. Unlike most Ferraris, this is one case where being unoriginal in the spec-game has no cons whatsoever. There is nothing like a Rosso Corsa F40. Grigio seats instead of Rosso fit it better however. Maranello's finest. This is the only flagship super Grotti I own and it is truly something. It certainly gets up a lot quicker than the Cheetah and at times can be quick intense. The whoosh of turbos as it whips around corners as quick as my modern Carbonizzare never gets old. It's cars like this that make a collection that much more special. I admit I don't drive it much, but that's because it would just feel a bit inappropriate. It's for special occasions, when I'm really in the mood or in one of those modes where I drive all of my stallions back to back.

6. Grotti GT500

OvD67oe.jpg

Giallo Fly w/ Nero leather

At last, my vintage classic. This car expresses what the front-engined V12 GT idea was all about and why it's so great. It is literally a predecessor to cars like the Itali GTO and having these two together is something I've always wanted. I chose Giallo Fly because, as usually, I wanted something a bit odd. People generally dress classic cars in subtle colors. So why not be loud instead? Those are the classics that tend to be more valuable anyway. The way it contrasts against the open pore wood and Nero leather is something else, especially with the matching analog dashboard. Classic Ferrari interiors, especially being the epitome of a GT car, must stand out. I have to be in a specific mood to want to drive this car, and whenever I am, it is a fun and relaxing experience. The elephant in the room is obviously its not hella fast or anything. But for its time it offered a very quality driving experience, even compared to masterpieces like the Benefactor Stirling GT. Until more vintage Grotti gems are uncovered, this feels like the car that started it all.

And there you have it, Maranello's finest creations in my opinion. :)

Honorable mentions, maybe?

Hide contents

The Cheetah - I don't really like it. In fact when they unveiled it via a pre-launch screenshot I cringed. That's the Cheetah? Ugly. I don't feel like there's a spark with it's design, it just doesn't have that Italian flare for me. It looks generic.

The Stinger & Stinger GT - Long bonnet, GT design, engine in the back? What? Doesn't make sense to me. That's just- no. I don't know what they were doing there. Design wise I think it's exaggerated. Why are the haunches so big? It looks like a toy car. The Stinger too, BUT that has the engine in the front... why would one have it in front the other rear and yet they handle the same? This logic is bad. And then the elephant in the room. That interior. Banshee with some wood, even some modern sport seats that don't look like they belong in the 60's. Kind of questionably done and overrated. That said if you love it more power to you, but the GT500 is just better in every way for me. A proper classic Ferrari.

Turismo R - I just feel like this car should be more fleshed out. More detail overall and a better looking front end because it looks generic/overdone there, like it's a bug or something. Also... The Itali wipes the floor with it now doesn't it? That's not quite right.

Vigilante - LOL! No explanation needed.

Visione - I'm not a fan, it's another generic exotic to me, doesn't look like a proper modern Ferrari. Maybe some obscure one-off. Not for me.

X80 Proto - The only thing this car was ever good for was the Frozen Money glitch.

Agree with everything except I LOVE the Stinger Topless.

snowwind

To me, this is one of the best cars RS has ever released in GTAO. Just amazing!

cpm33jyOI0-QaA57dScLNA_0_0.jpg

d1CXScvh9UW0DLn4mZdP4w_0_0.jpg

Scottiedog123