The Beta Topic

ClaudX

In the beta, there it was a mission that you have to kill some Yardies defending some irish gangsters (correct me if i'm wrong), but then Rockstar cutted it on the final version but forgot to remove the code so the Yardies would stop attacking you.

Show us the code. We are curious.

• Like 2

Maybe there was a post about it, but I am too lazy to search for it.

The Civilian Police/Taxi is absent in Mobile version, i don't know why. RIP.

(PSP version screenshot was taken from the PPSSPP for better quality)

Qr8OQ8Q.jpg

ctkUDVm.jpg

woah... what a worst developer ever, did they even tested the game before releasing it? damn what were they thinking!? its like they dont care about they games anymore except money.

Guys, you do realize that its not R* who ported it, but Lucid Games, right?

Edited by Jinx.
  • Like 2

I am talking about the porters, not the ones who made LCS, lol.

Edited by Jinx.

Back in the day when R* used to be decent and not GREEDY. Make a new Manhunt or Bully already!

BTW. The LODs where entirely re-used from GTAIII, so that's why the sign still exists. They were too lazy i guess to re-model or edit a few LODS since they normally aren't visible up close. But still, why the pathway is gone and half the zone is covered with (surprizingly good) rock textures? Maybe just made it quick?

Edited by DJThanos
  • Like 2

i guess R* is too busy on gta online and let other developer to do they crap

Well, they never did the mobile ports themselves originally. War Drum Studios did GTA3, Vice City, and San Andreas.

Back in the day when R* used to be decent and not GREEDY. Make a new Manhunt or Bully already!

BTW. The LODs where entirely re-used from GTAIII, so that's why the sign still exists. They were too lazy i guess to re-model or edit a few LODS since they normally aren't visible up close. But still, why the pathway is gone and half the zone is covered with (surprizingly good) rock textures? Maybe just made it quick?

if they are rushing then why not just only port the game to mobile and pc version and remove mod protection just to let us modding it to improve the game by our selfs if they dont want to waste their time working on gta online. btw the mobile port graphics looks ugly than psp and ps2, i am sure R* can do better than that

why not just only port the game

It's not that easy as you think...

And yes I came back to my PS2 to complete LCS 100% and many stuff were better than mobile. The only good with mobile is reflections, textures and shadows. The lighting is superior on the original.

Igor Bogdanoff

i guess R* is too busy on gta online and let other developer to do they crap

Well, they never did the mobile ports themselves originally. War Drum Studios did GTA3, Vice City, and San Andreas.

I still wonder why R* didn't choose them this time. Only thing that comes to my mind is that Lucid may be cheaper than War Drum. Or maybe War Drum didn't keep their mouths shut and actually talked with community

rLDswx2.png1626894873381.gifyardies-in-pip-2022.png

Has anyone tried to unpack the .obb file from the Android version? For some reason I can't seem to open it (usually it's just a renamed zip). It's definitely worth checking this one.

Has anyone tried to unpack the .obb file from the Android version? For some reason I can't seem to open it (usually it's just a renamed zip). It's definitely worth checking this one.

Check page 6 of this topic. Edited by thehambone

• 2 weeks later...

So the Mobile version actually has restored dialogue that wasn't there in the PSP/PS2 versions!

Only one I noticed so far was during the ''Dead Meat'' mission. The dialogue in Mobile is longer than in PSP/PS2.

Sv81jaN.png

Mangled Crow

So, i'm guessing that there is nothing else new to find anymore? :/

Time if the key, but if you're right, be thankful we found these sh*t :)

Guys i still have a ? why icon R has missions for Leon not Ray

There are some pre-release screenshots showing beta colours for cars, like red idaho.

• Like 1

PhillBellic

So, i'm guessing that there is nothing else new to find anymore? :/

Look on the Bright Side, if (and hopefully) a PC Version comes out, we just might find more Beta Resources.

• Like 1

what about these pictures

grand-theft-auto-liberty-city-stories-20

One of Yardies looks different

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

fXE5gbY.jpg

Excluding the beta Toni design, they are using the GTA III ads in that phase. They are present on the final version in that zone? I cannot remember.

• Like 3

*snip*

Excluding the beta Toni design, they are using the GTA III ads in that phase. They are present on the final version in that zone? I cannot remember.

I don't think they are. Nice catch!