Open World Survival Mode

Heavymind

Open World Survival Mode  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think a Open World Survival Mode would be fun?

• Yes
    • No
    • Neutral

l always thought Survival would be sick if you could play in the whole world. Instead of having 10 waves, waves would be infinite but the catch is that the FIB, SWAT teams, cops and Merryweather would be on your case throughout the whole session until all of you die. The best way to survive would be to stick together, armor up and watch each others backs. This would be a game-mode of all out war and teamwork. The farther you make it, more chaos will arise. The Player limit would be a minimum of 4 players and a max of 8.

Do you think a open world survival mode would be fun?

Edited by Heavymind
  • Like 1

sounds pretty much like the normal wanted levels :p (beside the possibility to pick up guns and armors)

sounds pretty much like the normal wanted levels :p (beside the possibility to pick up guns and armors)

This game mode would be based around teamwork, its rare to see people working together in GTA Online.

Edited by Heavymind

Free mode is already survival mode if it's not cops it's players there's no peace

You know what you arr typing is exactly like the survivals in missions (boneyard survivals) you teamwork and you can pick u weps and armor, so why u trippin

Survivals can also be done solo Bean. I think the OP is a noble idea but I see very little interest beyond a prolonged wanted session, team work or not. Some ideas should be introduced into the regular survivals though, basically the waves should be removed and a regular spawn of up to 250+ baddies should occur with reward based on how many you kill. You can still do them solo, but if things run low then back up would be handy.

What sort of reward were you looking for in your idea Heavymind

Chipotle Chiggin

it already is its called "assisted aiming" and tank griefers galore yay i can see it now people fighting to get on rooftops etc although lets say it sticks to its true "survival" ways the server cant handle it so it remains as a wish i can honestly think on pc it will be available but not on our systems (ps3/xbox)

artisntrealz

Ya this topic sounds like my everyday GTA experience. It is a shame that the servers couldn't handle something intense like this, cause i can hold my own against the cops pretty good!

This mode could work if it was separate from regular free mode, it might actually generate some interest from my crew and allow us to get back on the game. It would differ from survivals because you wouldn't be confined within the boundaries pre determined for the map, plus you could bust out tanks and buzzards (should have a limit to how often they can be called), and after a while the military can come in. Sounds fun to me.

Captain Revenge

I made an individual deathmatch called Free Roam Deathmatch, an hour long match with an unlimited kill count using all of Los Santos city limits. Tanks, jets, rpgs, Buzzards, all with NO police interference. It can be found at the R* Social Club under my name RevengeModeDelta. Cops ruin Free Roam, by showing up in the middle of a fight between too players. A cop free game mode is needed, with gangs controlling their turf and players controlling the rest.

You can basically already have an open world survival. Just get 5 stars and try to last as long as you can.

Free mode is already survival mode if it's not cops it's players there's no peace

That's what I really hate about GTA Online. For some reason many players think it's fun to ruin everything and shoot you straightaway only because you're in the game -.- Because of that I only play in invite only session and with friends. I don't remember the last time being in an public lobby...

This game mode would be based around teamwork, its rare to see people working together in GTA Online.

The idea is nice but I could hide in my apartment or take a jet and fly around all day long.

And another problem: If players don't have a mic they cannot communicate with each other so teamwork without that and 8 players it will be really tough.