Wearing the Highway Patrol Uniform...

Alanbeales1

Alanbeales1

What is up guy's,Alan here,bringing you all another topic to discuss :lol:

Last Saturday,I was messing around in story mode playing as Michel & was wearing the Highway Patrol Uniform & pulled up to one of my properties (Hookers,think that's what it's called anyway) I got out of the Patrol car,got a soda from a vending machine,got back into the patrol car & as soon as I was about to pull out onto the highway,the Rednecks (or whatever they are) pull out guns & open fire at me,so I got outta the patrol car & used it as cover,called for backup (dialed 911 for the Cops) two or three patrol cars pull up & the officers open fire at the Rednecks,I open fire with a pistol equipped with an extended clip & kill one of the rednecks & got a Wanted star (I did the cheat to get rid of it) I did this a few times & got bored after awhile,saved the game & went Online :miranda:.

I think while Trevor or Mikey is wearing the Highway Patrol Uniform,helping the Police out,should not earn you a wanted level,because you're technically a Police Officer.

anyone agree?

chrisscorsese88

Well... while I would like for that to happen, I already know the reason for that is because the game's AI cops does not recognize you as one of their own just because you changed your clothes. Just another reason why everyone likes playing GTA games on PCs.

• Like 1

Yeah, pretty crappy like how you can see the cops having a shootout with some crims, maybe a cop gets killed, and you fire a shot at a crim and instantly the remaining cop ignores the shootout and turns his attention on you wtf. Also them things on the map where you come across 2 dots, 1 red and 1 blue, and they are flashing different colours red & blue like its giving you a choice who to back up, except if you take down the cop, the cops are after you, or if you take down the criminal, the cops are after you! F**k you R*

Saintdestroyer

Yeah this baffles me, because they had outfits that did simillar effects in RDR. Since this is Rockstar's flagship and biggest game yet, why did they leave this obvious feature out, ESPECIALLY when they bothered to go through all the effort of creating outfits like this for the game, surely it must of crossed their minds?

Lethal Vaccine

Yeah this baffles me, because they had outfits that did simillar effects in RDR. Since this is Rockstar's flagship and biggest game yet, why did they leave this obvious feature out, ESPECIALLY when they bothered to go through all the effort of creating outfits like this for the game, surely it must of crossed their minds?

Past GTA games had outfits like this too, which worked and you wouldn't get wanted...

THE_TREVALEV

Yeah, things like this make me wish there were True Crime games during the PS3/Xbox 360 gen. Sleeping Dogs doesn't count lol. Those were darn good free roam cop games based in LA and NY. Bribing people, weapons in trunks, etc. I wish save editors had a never wanted option. Oh, and a tip if you like playing as cops:

Tasering vehicles from your car never results in a wanted level, and starts a chase

You can remove their helmets by, with Trevor, going into Bincos and selecting no hat option and with Michael, switching characters.

• Like 1

Detective Phelps

Past GTA games had outfits like this too, which worked and you wouldn't get wanted...

Like in GTA VC...

Copoutfit-GTAVC.jpg

San Andreas also has one, but it doesn't have any effects.

Lethal Vaccine

God damn do I love Vice City, lol

Booting up San Andreas right now as we speak, though, see ya! :)

Cutter De Blanc

I don't think you can get the stupid helmet off anymore. I tried and it didn't work.

Why would they have patched that? What a dick move.

• Like 1

Detective Phelps

I don't think you can get the stupid helmet off anymore. I tried and it didn't work.

To be honest, R* should add in all police uniforms in the next DLC pack, and maybe a car for the SAHP.

• Like 1

chrisscorsese88

Michael's method still works, but Trevor's method doesn't. Good thing on my near 100% save that I quick saved with Trevor already with the helmet off.

Lethal Vaccine

God damn do I love Vice City, lol

Booting up San Andreas right now as we speak, though, see ya! :)

f*cking impossible, lol....I forget the buttons so much in the PS2 era games, lol

Haven't played them heavily since 2007, 7+ years ago...sh*ts so different than in IV and V, lol...Used to IV and V a lot now. I remember when IV came out I HATED getting used to those controls. Now I love those controls and hate the PS2 era games, lol

f*cking impossible, lol....I forget the buttons so much in the PS2 era games, lol

I don't know why but if I think about what I'm doing (with the controller) I can't do it. My mind goes blank. Whereas if I just do what I've done thousands of times without thinking, it just happens!

It's like trying to remember someones name....if you concentrate, you can't do it.

• Like 1

Brock Elvis

I dislike the fact that EVERY uniform, suit, outfit, etc, does not change ANY aspect of the game (unless you're on a mission :facedesk: ). Since Rockstar's whole goal was for a more realistic approach, they surely f*cked up in that department.

The cops are f*cking retarded in this game. Even standing on the roof of a patrol car gets you a wanted level.

Los Santos SWAT

The main reason that I don't roleplay as a cop anymore (besides flying), is that there is no "No Wanted Level" cheat, and that there is barely any crime. Vigilante missions, and an increase in random crime, would have filled that gap.

Go to Ballas territory with Franklin wearing purple colors and you still get shot... Why?

Lethal Vaccine

I don't know why but if I think about what I'm doing (with the controller) I can't do it. My mind goes blank. Whereas if I just do what I've done thousands of times without thinking, it just happens!

It's like trying to remember someones name....if you concentrate, you can't do it.

I've also noticed how the hordes of people complain over the cop's speed boost in V and also the spawning of cops in front of you and RIGHT behind you. Yet, they praise San Andreas so much....Well I got news for everyone. Same sh*t happens in San Andreas, too. Not to much III and Vice City, but certainly in San Andreas and V is the worst for cop spawns. IV isn't too bad, but you'll still see red dots in front of you down the block a bit spawning. Do a look back camera view on San Andreas, nothing there, look front...Cops right in front of you. They just spawn right there! I am not complaining, just pointing out the obvious as like I said, I always see praise for San Andreas but tbh, people have their heads up their asses and don't even realize SA is similar to V. It may have a better or "bigger" map and more things to do, but the cop system is pretty much just as bad, minus accuracy like V has brought to the table, which to me, isn't a bad thing anyway...

Alanbeales1

I can :p (mainly because I haven't updated it yet) & why the F*ck would anyone wanna wear that stupid helmet,if we patrol Los Santos &/or Sandy shores? I always use michel for this,I normally park up next to a sandy Shores patrol car (with my Patrol car) & wait for a perp to show up,in gunfights,it's always best to use the no wanted level cheat code,that's what I always do anyway.

only so I can help the Cops out anyway,or steal a non-damaged patrol car.

Edited by Alanbeales1

Alanbeales1

The main reason that I don't roleplay as a cop anymore (besides flying), is that there is no "No Wanted Level" cheat, and that there is barely any crime. Vigilante missions, and an increase in random crime, would have filled that gap.

you're wrong,there is a no wanted level cheat,it's the same as GTA San's no wanted level cheat

Lethal Vaccine

There is NOT a "No Wanted Level Cheat" in V. There is a "Remove Wanted Level Cheat" designed to remove only one star at a time... ^^^

Edited by Militia

Alanbeales1

There is NOT a "No Wanted Level Cheat" in V. There is a "Remove Wanted Level Cheat" designed to remove only one star at a time... ^^^

well,same thing

Lethal Vaccine

Not really because San Andreas literally had a NEVER WANTED Cheat. Not a remove wanted level cheat, as there wasn't even stars to remove in San Andreas if you put that cheat code in...

Alanbeales1

Not really because San Andreas literally had a NEVER WANTED Cheat. Not a remove wanted level cheat, as there wasn't even stars to remove in San Andreas if you put that cheat code in...

fair enough,I do miss that cheat code

Overmenneske

I've also noticed how the hordes of people complain over the cop's speed boost in V and also the spawning of cops in front of you and RIGHT behind you. Yet, they praise San Andreas so much....Well I got news for everyone. Same sh*t happens in San Andreas, too.

It's true that cop spawning was the same (or worse) in SA, but the difference is that in V the point is to get out of their view. In SA you could drive into Pay'n'Spray right in front of them.

About being wanted after helping the cop in the "random" event in Grapeseed: in my experience this only happens if you shoot the criminal. If you run over and kill him with your car, the cop will thank you and say that "this will not be mentioned in the report".

• Like 1

Alanbeales1

I've also noticed how the hordes of people complain over the cop's speed boost in V and also the spawning of cops in front of you and RIGHT behind you. Yet, they praise San Andreas so much....Well I got news for everyone. Same sh*t happens in San Andreas, too.

It's true that cop spawning was the same (or worse) in SA, but the difference is that in V the point is to get out of their view. In SA you could drive into Pay'n'Spray right in front of them.

About being wanted after helping the cop in the "random" event in Grapeseed: in my experience this only happens if you shoot the criminal. If you run over and kill him with your car, the cop will thank you and say that "this will not be mentioned in the report".

yeah,the police would even spawn right behind you,no matter where you were