Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Diamond Casino Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
      2. Events
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA 6

    3. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

    6. GTA Vice City Stories

    7. GTA Liberty City Stories

    8. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    10. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    11. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

RyanBurnsRed

Star Citizen

Recommended Posts

RyanBurnsRed

Wow I can't believe this thread is still going. I haven't been here in centuries and these screenshots are looking great. This game is absolutely gorgeous, and last I played it ran really well too.

Thanks for keeping the thread alive

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Candy_Licker

So, I'm not really following this money sink anymore, but can anyone who still do tell me what their "plans" for the SinglePlayer release are?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
deadx23

I was invited to 3.8 ptu and I went to the new planet: micro tech gcwGMOz.png

yMPnMNC.png

gjwStgv.png

 

 

Me leaving arkcorp 

V0itF6e.png

I just took some screenshots and explored a bit (some of the features are still being worked on)

 

 

12 hours ago, Candy_Licker said:

So, I'm not really following this money sink anymore, but can anyone who still do tell me what their "plans" for the SinglePlayer release are?

 

 

Well it's only a money sink if you make it that way, I know people who just spend the $45 for the game is the only thing you need.

 

Anyway squadron 42 has a beta date for fall 2020 so other than the road map that's all we know.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/2-Squadron-42

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dryspace
14 hours ago, Candy_Licker said:

...can anyone who still do tell me what their "plans" for the SinglePlayer release are?

I believe their plans are to continue with their plans to continue with their plans.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OysterBarron
8 hours ago, Dryspace said:

I believe their plans are to continue with their plans to continue with their plans.

I also beleive that it will be released in episodes to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Candy_Licker
On 12/16/2019 at 9:17 PM, deadx23 said:

Well it's onl

y a money sink if you make it that way, I know people who just spend the $45 for the game is the only thing you need.

 

Anyway squadron 42 has a beta date for fall 2020 so other than the road map that's all we know.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/2-Squadron-42

 

I mean money sink as a whole, not on an individual level. I think this whole saga will turn out to be a fiasco because Roberts completely lost it. I like guys who have balls and ambition, there are far too few in an industry that is ruled by corporate greed, but Roberts is just insane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
deadx23
43 minutes ago, Candy_Licker said:

I mean money sink as a whole, not on an individual level. I think this whole saga will turn out to be a fiasco because Roberts completely lost it. I like guys who have balls and ambition, there are far too few in an industry that is ruled by corporate greed, but Roberts is just insane.

I don't believe so, they have proven to have moved forward every "update" and we get closer to a finished product. I understand that it's taking sometime but you can't ignore the progress they have completed, Roberts is so ambitious that he looks insane but imo he is pulling it off. Remember they started with nothing and with out a big corporate publisher breathing down their necks they are totally free on time restrictions so they aren't compromised with their vision.

If I would have to guess I think the single player game will come out 2021, it would be amazing if they can bring it to new gen console's.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OysterBarron

I think that's a good point. We're so used to having games rushed out as a full release with bugs just because the publishers said that's the deadline. Without publishers breathing down their neck there's more time for production values. The downside of this is if Robert's vision isn't met he can continue developing indeffently.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dryspace
10 hours ago, Candy_Licker said:

...I like guys who have balls and ambition, there are far too few in an industry that is ruled by corporate greed, but Roberts is just insane.

Well, I'm pretty sure the issue is not insanity, lol. What it seems like to me is that he simply decided to milk this opportunity for all it's worth.

 

I don't mean as in a scam, though I can understand how it can look like that. I think that when he found himself with far more money than he had expected, he tossed out any original goals and just decided to see what he could do when he had, for all intents and purposes, no restrictions. As I've said before, I don't fully agree with the way things are being handled, and I think that the efforts to garner a perpetual influx of cash have necessarily affected the very manner in which the game is produced.

 

As far as I know, this is a higher budget than any video game has ever had (I'm too lazy to look up figures now!). You have to keep in mind that when the cost of an Assassin's Creed game, e.g., is listed as $200M, at least half of that is marketing and not game production. That does make me wonder how much has been spent on the live events they host and things like that, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Candy_Licker
21 hours ago, Dryspace said:

Well, I'm pretty sure the issue is not insanity, lol. What it seems like to me is that he simply decided to milk this opportunity for all it's worth.

 

I don't mean as in a scam, though I can understand how it can look like that. I think that when he found himself with far more money than he had expected, he tossed out any original goals and just decided to see what he could do when he had, for all intents and purposes, no restrictions. As I've said before, I don't fully agree with the way things are being handled, and I think that the efforts to garner a perpetual influx of cash have necessarily affected the very manner in which the game is produced.

 

As far as I know, this is a higher budget than any video game has ever had (I'm too lazy to look up figures now!). You have to keep in mind that when the cost of an Assassin's Creed game, e.g., is listed as $200M, at least half of that is marketing and not game production. That does make me wonder how much has been spent on the live events they host and things like that, though.

I don't think it's a scam either, just that Roberts bit off more than he could chew.

 

Although he may have had a few fellow veterans from back in the days, he opened a new studio from scratch in 2012/2013 and tries to build the most ambitious game from the get go. It's like opening a construction firm and trying to build a skyscraper, megabridge and airport at the same time without having built a single one family house first.

 

Studios who can create games with these magnitude (eg Rockstar) have an existing organisation/company structure, the right tools, know their engine, and the manpower. And Roberts thinks he can outdo these big studios by promising everything.

It's insane. If you gave CD Project 100 millions in 2007 to create the first Witcher, we wouldn't have gotten Witcher 3 out of it. They had to grow and learn to be able to deliver this game.

 

Instead of trying to do the basics (a good Single Player Space game) and establish his company, he promises  both full Single and MultiplayerPlayer games, a shooter, multicres Ships, complete planetary surfaces and whatnot. Madness

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dryspace
15 hours ago, Candy_Licker said:

Instead of trying to do the basics (a good Single Player Space game) and establish his company, he promises  both full Single and MultiplayerPlayer games, a shooter, multicres Ships, complete planetary surfaces and whatnot. Madness

Well, yeah--that's what I agree with. I think I wrote in this thread in the past that he should have focused on a much smaller original goal and then branched out from there.

 

But like I said, I think that what you are describing may be related to the desire to keep funds coming in, which has affected the very production of the game--people are probably more likely to keep paying if they feel it will make a "bigger and better" game.

 

What really matters in the end is whether the funds are being properly managed. If they are, there could eventually be a finished game even if it takes another decade. If not all bets are off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
deadx23

Here is a video from the man himself "pillar talk" explaining 3.8 features and they also talk a bit about their progression, planetary building tools and how they overcame complications also socs (serverside object container streaming ) 

It's only 24 minutes 

 

I very much look forward for these games it's coming all together, I see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CarltonDanks69

Damn this games come along way..

 

 When is ray tracing being added?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slappy212

There's no way anything is coming this year. Nothing from Star Citizen is coming in 2020. They have postponed this so many times, lol. No one can actually believe they have a single player game at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dryspace
7 hours ago, Slappy212 said:

There's no way anything is coming this year. Nothing from Star Citizen is coming in 2020. They have postponed this so many times, lol.

I don't know details of development--I have only a general understanding of the whole course of events. But it seems logical that one factor which determines whether and when a game is actually finished and released is whether the dev actually has a goal, and is continually announcing progress toward reaching that static goal, or whether the dev does not have a static goal, and is continually releasing announcements regarding surprising new things it has managed to implement.

 

As long as everything is more or less mapped out, and the dev is just continually knocking out items on a To-Do List, logic suggests that there will be a completed game at some point, provided there are no issues with funding. That's what I'm not sure about myself, though....but as I said, I have only observed things from a distance.

 

I said some time ago that it seemed to me that the developer may have been deliberately not setting a static goal, and instead repeatedly announcing brand-new, wonderful features and goals in order to generate a perpetual source of excitement that can be converted into a perpetual source of income.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jpm1
On 12/19/2019 at 9:43 PM, Candy_Licker said:

Instead of trying to do the basics (a good Single Player Space game) and establish his company, he promises  both full Single and MultiplayerPlayer games, a shooter, multicres Ships, complete planetary surfaces and whatnot. Madness

 

 

this is deification. Elite offers what you're describing for ages. SC barely announces 100 planets. Elite offers billions, with at least half fully landable. i'm talking of billions of unique planets. with stunning panoramas

as a backer i'm disapointed of how CI dealed this affair. i paid 45€ for an avenger, and only thing i got is lags, and delays. between the backing, and the investors, CI grabbed at least 300 miilions, and the poor backer i am only saw promises. for me the dream has just lasted too long. simple, as that. i mean at some point CI guys have to realize we didn't pay for promises. we paid for a game

the good scheme was an Elite development curve. look at technical, then head slowly to the dream. SC had done exactly the opposite. with in the end my money gone to the trashbin. note in some way it was something good, coz i discovered Elite lol, and i'm not even close to drop it

Elite has already (almost bug free) fights, mining (both space, and planet), transport, passenger transport, exploration (you can print your name in game forever), planet landing, bounty hunting, missions (of all kind from bounty hunting, to wreck recovery, or even refueling friends), deep ship management (power, armor, repair, cargo, drones..), manual landing, different space stations types, unique planets system, and to be realeased soon fleet carriers. so yeah we still lack a bit of interiors in both ships, and stations, but as you can see we have lot to do while waiting. all the features i just spoke about are bug free, with very good fps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.