3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

darthYENIK

Gotham the Batman prequel TV show

krashr

Yeah, Alfred back handing Selina was kind of f*cked up.

agreed.. and boy did he have a good go at it. wow

for selina-

IDredMan

Honestly, f*ck Selina. If they wanna alter the Batman lore so bad, the best they could do is kill her off.

I was actually laughing throughout the entire scene. Not loud laughter, but still laughter. Because they had to make her f*cking front flip off the fence and get a stunt double with a different skin color just for that short bit. And the cut made it so obvious.

Slap her once for Reggie, slap her again for being obnoxious, then keep slapping her until her character becomes interesting and for this show, being interesting means you actually stop existing spontaneously.

It's funny to see the show completely give up on trying to make Zsasz be Zsasz (Jesus Christ, his name has dumb spelling, looks like some kid's Xbox Live account). But instead they saw that he was a middle aged bald white male who had no distinctive features, so they threw their hands in the air and turned him into Agent 47.

I think I remember liking a scene in this episode. Maybe even two.

It's funny how I remember the bad stuff so vividly but all the good stuff just fades away when it's over...

Holy sh*t... Gotham is masturbation.

Mr. Scratch

I'm not saying someone should make a gif of that scene... but someone could make a gif of that scene.

Queen

Well this is becoming one of the most violent episodes of the series. Arms being chopped off, someone being blown to hell, someone else being lit on fire, etc.

Mr. Scratch

Why Butch though? :/

darthYENIK

They mentioned the f*cking order of St Dumas!

krashr

never work for a company that has eye scan security..

Fraizer

Been lurking in here for a while. Been avoiding it for a shorter while til I caught up. :D

Anyway, just got around to watching the latest episode. I tell ya, I really like this show. It's really dark and gritty like Gotham should be.

I do have to say every time I see Selina, all I can think of is this:

3nlsuID.gif

Edited by Fraizer

Queen

Even though he's a murderous psychopath, I actually feel kind of bad for Ed.

In case you haven't seen the episode...

The tragedy is that poor Ms. Kringle may have been his last chance at retaining any sanity.

Edited by Queen

darthYENIK

I actually liked the episode. This is how it should be. Focused on the characters, giving them depth. Selina isn't just heartless looking out for "number 1". Nygma has lost the one thing keeping him sane. Gordon being Gordon, which it's not too late to give him some depth. And Bruce in a cave.

krashr

and bruce getting punched in the face and not crying about it. i thought it was a decent episode too, i'm even kind of looking forward to next week's episode

Edited by krashr

IDredMan

This is why I watch Gotham. Because every episode has a good thing in it, and every 4-5 episodes, there's an episode that's just really good. Which would be this one.

It was fun, watching the characters. Nigma just losing it, a girl who may or may not be Firefly because the show isn't certain. And that ending.

In that facility thing... I wanna say that the guy raising his scaley green lizardy hand with reptilian fingers is a young Killer Croc, but I don't think this show is that subtle. If it was Killer Croc, he would have been given at least a minute screen time and they would have revealed who they cast for him a month ago.

That's another thing that I REALLY dislike about these superhero shows. When the news come to me, I know exactly which characters are gonna appear, so I'm never surprised. If I hadn't read the headline "Some dickhead cast as King Shark in the Flash", then I would have freaked the f*ck out when he appeared in the latest episode... I probably wouldn't have even noticed the bad CGI (I forgive them, though. I know a TV budget isn't that high). And now, I know that the Court of Owls is gonna be in Gotham, so I won't be freaking out any time soon.

Edited by IDredMan

Queen

Nygma's transformation was a story well told. I look forward to seeing his character evolve.

IDredMan

God, this show needs a f*cking laugh track.

ezgif-2291247255.gif

I've seen children do that better.

Also... Jim's a f*cking retard, right?

I used to compare him to Cole Phelps from LA Noire cause they were both assholes.

But I at least liked Cole. He was a dick and a cheater... But when he'd kick ass, he'd kick a whole lot of ass!

Jim's just a f*cking retard. He's an asshole and a cheater who doesn't kick ass. And how did he even survive that ambush? It was a semi, driving at a high speed, that hit his side of the car.

Which means the only thing between him and a speeding semi is a sh*tty door that is light enough to be carried by some dogs. I mean, for a show that killed a man with a shovel (The stick. Not the metal part, mind you), you'd think this show understands what blunt force trauma is.

I'm sorry, Arrow was good last week, so I have to be anal about this show instead.

But my god, this show doesn't have any f*cking balls. It refuses to kill anyone that's even half important.

But you know what? The Riddler & Penguin stuff at the end was worth it all. I mean, I gotta give credit where it's due.

darthYENIK

So Silver named a man named Malone, with the first name that starts with "M".

It's gotta be Matches Malone. A petty crook who isn't very important. But, after he's out of the picture, Batman often uses his identity to go undercover in the criminal underworld.

UshaB

Remember people, get ready for some new Batman V Superman footage tonight!

Queen

I thought it was a great ending to the Fall season. However, I cringed at the earlier scenes with Silver and Bruce. I didn't take Bruce for the kind of boy to succumb to her charms again. It just didn't seem believable, but then again, he's not the Bruce he'll eventually become. He still needs to wise up.

Mr. Scratch

I like how Gordon is now kind of the opposite of what Batman is. And Mister f*cking Freeze.

Queen

I thought Mr. Freeze was strange. I was hoping we'd get to know him before he went around freezing people for diamonds or whatever. You know, I'd like to meet his wife and watch the tragedy unfold. But it doesn't seem like we're going to get that, unless there's going to be flashbacks.

Edited by Queen

Mr. Scratch

Or it isn't actually Freeze, wouldn't be a first, right, Jerome? Did anyone catch a glimpse of Fish?

Queen

Um, no...totally missed it. Please say it isn't so. I was really hoping we'd seen the last of her. :(

Mr. Scratch

Probably just an easter egg... I hope.

darthYENIK

Mr Freeze better be Paul Dini's version. A man who is not bad, but will just do whatever it takes to save his wife.

This is how I would've ended the episode. Just as the St Dumas monk was going to cut Bruce's throat, the lights went out and a voice said, "Theo Dumas, your family was exiled from Gotham. Because you have returned, the Court of Owls has sentenced you to die." The next shot would be Gordon and the gang busting into the room to find everyone inside, with the exception of Bruce, was dead. Or don't name drop the Court to keep the mystery. I just think the Court would probably be behind the excile of the Dumas family, and therefore would be pretty upset that any would return to Gotham. It wouldn't set Gordon up to "break bad" but it would have been a spectacular way to introduce the Court and end Galavan.

Mr. Scratch

If only, but in any way this season is miles better than the first.

Mr. Scratch

Notice how you're the only one who gives a f*ck?

Queen

They should do a spin off with Bruce Wayne and call it Batman. :p

AlienTwo

F*ck. I was pretty happy she was gone.

Mr. Scratch

I think they're going to bring her back as a metahuman.