Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,438 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

CSUdude

Karin Asterope Appreciation Thread

ALPHaRyuTaTSuMaKi

The Yukarimobile

0_0.jpg

La-Yukarimobile-oO.jpg

piko

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

:sigh:

Can't see the beauty..

DangerZone77

It looks like the Nissan Altima... which is the crappiest car of all time.

don ovdi' island

LOL not hardly. Have you heard of a PT Cruiser or a Dodge Neon ?

..GhosT

"Wait, is this a sultan?"

- gets closer

"Dammit, its not"

CSUdude

LOL not hardly. Have you heard of a PT Cruiser or a Dodge Neon ?Yep, or a Pontiac Grand Am.

Kids these days judge cars strictly for looks. I wish I had bought an Asterope (Camry) when I was in college. Instead I bought that thousands cheaper and much more sporty lookin' Grand Am. I still have nightmares of that car :(

I guess we all just have to learn what a crappy car really is through experience.

Edited by CSUdude

Nacho Z

It's a difficult car to get excited about. In its favour I would say it looks reasonably attractive for a sedan, but when it comes to handling there's nothing there that I like.

It's proficient enough but there's no soul to it, no real fun to be had. I feel the same about the Sultan actually, I appreciate the mods on that car at least but the handling sends me to sleep.

Judicious 7

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

:sigh:

Can't see the beauty..

Well.. I like how it's a civilian vehicle. I like the brake lights, the little sunroof, and the small attempt at it being a poor man's sultan. It's a Japanese economy car. It's fuel efficient and it's affordable. And it's a car that can take its hits.

CSUdude

Nacho,

Well using your logic, I guess its safe to say that you dont like ANY 4 door sedans in this game then. Which is cool.

We have to remember that these are family sedans here. Its not like the muscle cars where the Dominator has its own soul and the Pheonix is a totally different beast to drive.

What I dont understand is the hate that the Asterope gets. People say that it is bland looking, but so is the Tailgator. But since the Tailgator has more body mods, everyone loves it. In terms of driving feel, there is virtually no difference between the Asterope, Tailgator, Shafter, etc. Sure, the Shafter is faster in a straight line, but any other difference in drivability and dynamics is negligable. According to game files, they handle better by an incriment of .5. But once again, thats more or less negligable when you drive the cars.

The only reason why people love some sedans and hate others has absolutely nothing to do with the cars themselves. It has everything to do with perception of its real life equivilent. If Rockstar had cut and pasted the exact driving dynamics of the Asterope and put it onto the Shafter, people would still praise the Shafter because its a Mercedes while ridiculing other cars because of their perception of what that car is.

Edited by CSUdude

Nacho Z

Nacho,

Well using your logic, I guess its safe to say that you dont like ANY 4 door sedans in this game then. Which is cool.

We have to remember that these are family sedans here. Its not like the muscle cars where the Dominator has its own soul and the Pheonix is a totally different beast to drive.

What I dont understand is the hate that the Asterope gets. People say that it is bland looking, but so is the Tailgator. But since the Tailgator has more body mods, everyone loves it. In terms of driving feel, there is virtually no difference between the Asterope, Tailgator, Shafter, etc. Sure, the Shafter is faster in a straight line, but any other difference in drivability and dynamics is negligable. According to game files, they handle better by an incriment of .5. But once again, thats more or less negligable when you drive the cars.

The only reason why people love some sedans and hate others has absolutely nothing to do with the cars themselves. It has everything to do with perception of its real life equivilent. If Rockstar had cut and pasted the exact driving dynamics of the Asterope and put it onto the Shafter, people would still praise the Shafter because its a Mercedes while ridiculing other cars because of their perception of what that car is.

You're almost right about my opinion on sedans but not quite. For example I like the 4 door Felon because it's a beautiful car. I also like the older model Oracle because I enjoy the loose handling and it looks great. I also own a Primo because I like the boxy look of it and I can get the back end out.

When it comes to the Shafter it's another one that has no soul, whereas the Schwartzer looks almost identical but is fun to drive and that's the key for me.

Just because the Asterope does virtually nothing for me doesn't mean I don't like sedans, I just don't like that one.

A Maned Wolf

Nacho,

I don't understand the tailgater love either, to me, its horribly underpowered, even for an Audi (*Suckage power-to-weight) and is unremarkable.

Me, I roll around in a yellow Premier.

DKUnleashedPC

Its a nice looking car in my opinion and its performance is alot better than I expected. I wish like alot of other people, that it had more exterior modifications to it. I never noticed that it had a sunroof and i owned one for a short time (Car was black)

shadyelf

i would get one if it weren't for the stupid sunroof. I dunno why I just hate sunroofs.

Pomlei

As i've previously said:

Asterope master race

i1jgyb.jpg

DKUnleashedPC

While some people choose to hate, here are more pictures to make their blood boil a bit :lol:

Just got around to finding these!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I would like it if R* made cars with previous limited modding options come with more modding options for an upcoming DLC. There are many great cars like the Sadler, Bison and this car that have very limited modding options. You can't even put an exhaust on them! This is a modded one that was probably hex edited. Just by looking at it, they could have easily implemented this with the actual car instead of unconventional ways.

I got excited for a second and was just about to jump on psn... then saw where you wrote it was hex edited. Nice looking car!!!!!

godziller

It's a decent car...it just doesn't have much "personality" imo...

DRFT571

this car is not a camry its a lexus LS

Edited by DRFT571

A Maned Wolf

this car is not a camry its a lexus LS

No, it is a Toyota Camry/ Lexus GS.

Biggie Kaniff

Let me guess, it's not possible to remove the sunroof in SE?

Lay

"Wait, is this a sultan?"

- gets closer

"Dammit, its not"

This basically sums up the car.

Starsky83

What a pathetic car.

Did you drive it, or are we baselessly hating a car just because?

Lol they based it on the fact its not a chrome super wirlth whitewalls and dollar sign rims :p

Kushology

Looks best like this

3MoKh3z.jpg

I joke, I joke. It's a good car just not something I'd invest money into.

don ovdi' island

Does Lexus even have a GTA brand? Pretty sure Karin is Toyota. Making it a Toyota.

n0tj0sh33

Actually Emperor is the GTA Lexus brand I believe.

Kushology
piko

Lexus is Emperor, Habanero is their only car in GTA V but they also have Lokus in GTA IV.

Kushology

Sultan is the bastard child.

HD Universe description

Now manufactured by Karin (the GTA version of Toyota, Lexus, and Subaru), the Grand Theft Auto IV Sultan draws upon the Japanese import styling of the previous Sultan. It is mostly based on the first-generation Lexus IS (also known as the Toyota Altezza), although certain elements such as the rear lamp units are inspired by a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV. Other elements (such as the bonnet and spoiler of the Korean Mob variant) bear resemblance to the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII. Interestingly, ordinary Sultans come with blued exhaust tips, similar to the (assumedly) titanium tips on the Futo GT. The engine sound, however, bears a striking resemblance to the Subaru Impreza WRX.

The Sultan appears in GTA V, mostly unchanged in terms of appearance. The only differences are that it now features black wheels by default and it no longer has the Impreza-esque exhaust note due to an updated engine with equal length exhaust manifolds. The car now sounds remarkably similar to the Lexus IS200's 3S-GE engine. The popular Sultan RS model from GTA IV can be created by adding certain modifications to the base Sultan.

I miss the old variant. Throwback DLC? Lol.

Edited by Kushology

Starsky83

Does Lexus even have a GTA brand? Pretty sure Karin is Toyota. Making it a Toyota.

Just as an OT side note for ya. Lexus is toyota. It toyotas luxury brand based I think originally for the american market

Wombater

Just as an OT side note for ya. Lexus is toyota. It toyotas luxury brand based I think originally for the american market

Lexus is Emperor. It made the Lokus and Habanero.

CSUdude

Ya I agree. Lexus is one of the most common luxury cars in America. I see them around in LA a lot more than, say, Audi (Obey in GTA). In fact I see them just as much as ,BMW and Mercedes, and both brands are represented by a ton of cars in GTA. They should certainly have more cars than just 1 model in GTAV.