4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Fargo TV Series

CatDog96

I started re-watching season 1 and it's a bit simple and slightly more goofy compared to 2 and 3. Don't get me wrong, I love it. But I think the show is progressing becomes bigger and the narrative storytelling becomes more complex. I don't think Season 2 is a step down from season 1. I think people will come to realize this after watching it a second time. In my opinion the change in story and characters jars people slightly. They want what made them love the show the first time and compare.

I'm only speculating this because I felt the same way about The Wire season 2. In fact, it's a common thing for people to say they disliked season 2. But it's the same themes, same show, same "formula" but it focuses on a different set of characters and and a different part of the city. But anyone that re-watches the series, including myself, will completely change their mind on Season 2. The shock of change isn't there. 

I'm not accusing anyone here of that but I've seen a few people say they didn't like Season 2 or felt it wasn't as good and same with season 3 but I haven't really heard any reasons why. I think season 2, especially the last 3 or 4 episodes is some of the best TV, I've ever seen. I felt I was watching something very special and was all ready getting excited how I would re-watch it again in 3 or 4 years. 

6 minutes ago, Mister Pink said:

I started re-watching season 1 and it's a bit simple and slightly more goofy compared to 2 and 3. Don't get me wrong, I love it. But I think the show is progressing becomes bigger and the narrative storytelling becomes more complex. I don't think Season 2 is a step down from season 1. I think people will come to realize this after watching it a second time. In my opinion the change in story and characters jars people slightly. They want what made them love the show the first time and compare.

I'm only speculating this because I felt the same way about The Wire season 2. In fact, it's a common thing for people to say they disliked season 2. But it's the same themes, same show, same "formula" but it focuses on a different set of characters and and a different part of the city. But anyone that re-watches the series, including myself, will completely change their mind on Season 2. The shock of change isn't there. 

I'm not accusing anyone here of that but I've seen a few people say they didn't like Season 2 or felt it wasn't as good and same with season 3 but I haven't really heard any reasons why. I think season 2, especially the last 3 or 4 episodes is some of the best TV, I've ever seen. I felt I was watching something very special and was all ready getting excited how I would re-watch it again in 3 or 4 years. 

Season 2 grew on me it took me a while to love it and out of all of them is my favorite right now.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Zello said:

Season 2 grew on me it took me a while to love it and out of all of them is my favorite right now.

It was hard for me to break into. I didn't warm to it until about 3 episodes in. But by the end, I was hooked.

11 minutes ago, Mister Pink said:

I watched it twice. In terms of storytelling, it's extraordinary. Once you start, you can't stop, simple as that. They managed to connect all the dots exquisitely. However, what the season seriously lacks(to me) is characters. They're OK, but that's about the highest praise I can give them. Perhaps the fact that there was just so much of them played its part. I'd like to specifically mention the trio of the mute lumberjack brothers and the black dude who always quotes other people. So awkwardly over-the-top these guys are at times, it gets really painful to watch. So, naturally, if you can't like the characters enough, you won't be able to like the story enough. Even the one as good as Fargo season 2.

• Like 1
On 9/23/2020 at 3:50 AM, Zello said:

Word. Also, I think it has the best soundtrack out of all. It really accentuated the characters and the whole vibe of the season overall.

So far, pretty enjoyable. Feels very different from any other season, but I don't see it as a problem. They managed to build a solid foundation within the first two episodes and I'm excited to see where they will take it. Jessie Buckley's character is especially interesting since we know she's completely insane, but have no idea what she's really up to.

Edited by RenegadeAngel
  • Like 1
On 10/3/2020 at 3:12 PM, Zello said:

I'm getting heavy season 2 vibes

I agree but I think the pacing is slower than S2. With 3 episodes in, I'm still leaning towards S2 being the better season.

• 2 weeks later...

What's up with the actor playing Gaetano? I don't see where him being so awkwardly over-the-top can be intentional, so I have to assume it's just a lack of acting skiils on his part and a terrible miscast on the part of the showrunners. Also, that Ethelrida girl can get really annoying too. That 'Africa is the birthplace of civilization" stand-off with the sheriff in the last episode is some grade-A cringe, especially since it's just factually wrong lmao. Chris Rock, however, is getting better and better with every episode.

• 1 month later...

So the 4th season just ended. I enjoyed it, but honestly I think it's the weakest season. Started off kinda boring and some of the stuff about racial politics in the early episodes felt a little preachey. Overall I think there were a bit too many characters and some of them didn't get enough screen-time to flesh them out. I feel like it could have benefited from being a couple episodes longer. And the final episode certainly wrapped things up and tied things together, but a lot of it wasn't all that exciting or unexpected.

I would say that episodes 8-10 were the best and my favorite characters were probably Gaetano and Josto (AKA Wario and Waluigi, I really started to like them after their team up), Rabbi and maybe Deafy and Orietta though unfortunately neither of them really did much by the end.

Edited by Richard Power Colt

Yeah, this one is easily skippable, the weakest one by a large margin. If you're somewhat attentive, the main plot twist becomes evident within the first 5-6 episodes. I enjoyed episode 8 very much, though. I would love to see a whole season of Fargo in that style.

Edited by RenegadeAngel
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Kngee1899 said:

Planning to start watching this show first time from first season. Ive only seen some random episodes before.

Have you seen the movie? If you haven't I recommend watching the movie first before watching the show.