Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,305 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

GroundZero

Malaysia Airlines MH370 plane vanishes from radar screens! (2014)

johnny_zoo

If they haven't found it by now then it will never be found.

KBG

Its been more than 1 month.. chances to find it is extremely rare now... :/

Gutslab

It will be a miracle if they ever find the wreckage itself, let alone any survivors.

I just remember a few days after the plane went missing, there was a topic on the V subforum about lester's off the radar. And someone was like 'I know a plane that went off the radar recently' and everyone was like TOO SOON TOO SOON, lol. (sry, some humor in dark times)

Edited by pokemon4ever

arch stanton

Does anyone remember the airliner the Americans shot down? I think it's likely that it was mistakenly shot down.

Audiophile

I imagine you mean TWA Flight 800 that exploded and crashed off the coast of New York?

Yeah, there's quite a bit of speculation on that and documentaries trying to prove it was a missile.

SWEETSAPRIK

I thought he meant the Iranian airliner shot down in the 80's.

Audiophile

That was the second one that came to mind.

I just always think of TWA 800 first when "that plane that was shot down" is mentioned.

Sentrion

That was the second one that came to mind.

I just always think of TWA 800 first when "that plane that was shot down" is mentioned.

The good thing is that, they found the remains of it. I think High Intensity Radiated Fields could have been the best possible explanation for TWA 800's crash. Not many people believe in it though. Anyway, Electrical wiring was at fault in TWA 800, leading to ignition of fuel. Edited by ArchKnight

sivispacem

TWA 800 was most likely caused by an electrical short in the fuel quantity measuring system. It's one of the main reasons there's a great deal of support for using a non-volatile purging gas like nitrogen to displace fuel vapour in fuel tanks.

arch stanton

TWA 800 was most likely caused by an electrical short in the fuel quantity measuring system. It's one of the main reasons there's a great deal of support for using a non-volatile purging gas like nitrogen to displace fuel vapour in fuel tanks.

Thanks for the information, Sivi.

And yes, I was talking about Iran Flight 655: not the TWA flight. I mean, from that event of flight 655 it clearly shows that it is possible to mistakenly shoot down a commercial airliner. I am not implying this has happened but just putting the idea out there.

sivispacem

It's an interesting idea but in both the Iran Air case and the shoot-down of Korean Airlines Flight 007, the aircraft remained in relatively large portions that would have remained radar-visible for some time, albeit separated. Surface-to-air missiles are designed primarily to destroy aircraft much smaller than airliners which goes some way to explaining why the demise of passenger aircraft hit by SAMs is usually pretty slow and unpleasant. Only if it were a direct impact on the wing or centre fuel tanks, and only if they had a particular ratio of fuel to air to make the vapours volatile, would a missile likely cause a catastrophic and instantaneous disintegration of an aircraft. That's usually far more common when it comes to explosives detonated inside an aircraft, due to the pressure differential between outside and inside.

You'd probably have radar staff tracking multiple objects for some time after a shoot-down incident; that's what happened with KAL 007 and IA 655.

GroundZero

Any news about this? I've been "isolated" from any kind of news for the last few weeks...

 dice

They haven't found the plane yet. Malaysia issued a preliminary report about a week ago, explaining various details about the flight, you can read it all here http://avherald.com/h?article=4710c69b/035&opt=0

Pete4000uk

Search for PPRuN (pro pilots rumour network) they have 500 plus posts on the subject

Spaghetti Cat

Can I just lol at PPRun for a moment?

Pilots...

_FRANKENSTEIN_

So... Was it finally found?

FranklinDeRoosevelt

Nope. This is the most heart-breaking and mysterious accident to ever happen in aviation history, or at least close. I think someone is hiding something. The people HAVE to be stone cold dead by now, or unless they were kidnapped or hijacked, they might have been kept away from the public world.

Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt

Dottie

So... Was it finally found?

no

Pete4000uk

If its somewhere in the southern Indian Ocean it might be a while before its found. The air France airbus black box was pinging away in the atlantic but it still took nearly two years to find it.

Vehicles

The funny thing is not even a single debris is found.It is not even sure that the plane crashed.

sivispacem

Well, based on the satellite imagery and last known identification it's physically impossible for it not to have crashed. Based on remaining fuel capacity it couldn't have possibly reached any land where a safe landing count take place.

Moth

Well, based on the satellite imagery and last known identification it's physically impossible for it not to have crashed. Based on remaining fuel capacity it couldn't have possibly reached any land where a safe landing count take place.

What about an unsafe landing?

FranklinDeRoosevelt

That is true. This is probably the situation, but then again Malaysia's president didn't even mention to the public about the fact that one of the tracking devices on the plane was turned off on purpose. On purpose.........why would anyone do that unless a hijacking was in place, or possibly a suicide mission? At this point, the lack of fuel situation is not a fact, because it wasn't even confirmed in the first place. It's all speculation based on research, but that's about it. However, considering it's been a long time now, of course the plane wouldn't be able to function.

Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt

arsenal_fan

Even if it was hijacked, surely someone would of annonced it so they could get it as financial gain such as ransoms? What reason would they for pulling something this big and then not announcing it? Unless they want them to use as slaves but they could get slaves in a much more easier way.

Verdant

There is all these theories around the net about the plane landing in Diego, Garcia. Not too sure about this, I do believe it was hijacked and something must of been really important on that plane. Was it just me or when the plane first went missing there was a completely different story about it? It crashed here, landed here, flew the other way. I'm no conspiracy theorist, but this whole thing is messed up and I do hope all people on board are okay.

Tikhung

Hey guys, Vietnamese fag here. I always believe that the plane went into another dimention/a black hole.

RoadRunner71

Hey guys, Vietnamese fag here. I always believe that the plane went into another dimention/a black hole.

Cool story, bro.

Apparently they are back again with the search for the plane.

A new search area for the missing Malaysian plane has been announced by the Australian government after further analysis of satellite data.
The search will now shift south to focus on an area 1,800km (1,100 miles) off the west coast of Australia, Deputy Prime Minister Warren Truss confirmed.
Flight MH370 vanished en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing on 8 March with 239 passengers on board.
Officials said they believed the plane had been on autopilot when it crashed.
A 64-page report released by the Australian government concluded that the underwater search for the plane should resume in the new 60,000 sq km area.
[...]

Full article.

Edited by RoadRunner71

TheMcSame

Cool story, bro.

Apparently they are back again with the search for the plane.

A new search area for the missing Malaysian plane has been announced by the Australian government after further analysis of satellite data.
The search will now shift south to focus on an area 1,800km (1,100 miles) off the west coast of Australia, Deputy Prime Minister Warren Truss confirmed.
Flight MH370 vanished en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing on 8 March with 239 passengers on board.
Officials said they believed the plane had been on autopilot when it crashed.
A 64-page report released by the Australian government concluded that the underwater search for the plane should resume in the new 60,000 sq km area.
[...]

Full article.

I doubt they will find it in that area. They're searching along the final communication area. There's a good chance the currents have carried the wreckage off somewhere else.