Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,305 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
LestersSiesta

Why is the Karin Futo so popular?

Tupiz

You obviosly do not understand why and you don't have to because you seem to have little knowledge about cars.

This thread can end here.

Misanthrope Z

idk, it's dull looking and boring to drive

only thing i've noticed is that weeaboos like dressing it up like that one ugly car from initial D

Laveerre

Because this
ae86.jpg
EDIT: f*cking hell, but the picture was Toyota AE86 Initial D style

Edited by Laveerre

Accendo

Ive personally anyways wanted a a mid 80's corolla but I know that ever being able to save up the few hundred dollars will be an impossible dream. At least this gives me a chance to drive my dream car.

Find an AE86 for that cheap and I'll flip it for mucho profit.

WTFThisIsntWii

Ive personally anyways wanted a a mid 80's corolla but I know that ever being able to save up the few hundred dollars will be an impossible dream. At least this gives me a chance to drive my dream car.

Find an AE86 for that cheap and I'll flip it for mucho profit.I'll also flip it for fun and a cool explosion. Edited by WTFThisIsntWii

reform

Because of the rare futo from gta IV

HirsuteDave

I caved in got one and I want my 300k back badly lol, thing is a shytebomb with terrible handling, evidently we differ on our definitions of fun.

That's where you went wrong - they're fun to drive but not worth upgrading. Not beyond bulletproof tyres so you can donut forever anyway.

Sky_Light12

initial D is reason . futo are good drifting but little bit slower , futo is anagram of tofu , which protagonist of initial D uses for tofu delivery & races

aside popular in japan , indonesian tofu is popular as well

Edited by Sky_Light12

elidc

You must like Futo :)

0_0.jpg

Accendo

initial D is reason . futo are good drifting but little bit slower , futo is anagram of tofu , which protagonist of initial D uses for tofu delivery & races

aside popular in japan , indonesian tofu is popular as well

Drifting = Dori' Futo in Japanese

Sartexir

People like ugly cars?

Bruh, give atleast an explanation on why it looks ugly. You totally have no taste in JDM classics, non-car guy.

The shape of the vehicle looks perfect and the car based of it is light weight.

Sartexir

idk, it's dull looking and boring to drive

only thing i've noticed is that weeaboos like dressing it up like that one ugly car from initial D

It's not the "weaboos" like dressing it up like that one "ugly" car from initial D. That's where you are wrong. The reason it is popular is because, yeah, it became popular because of Initial D, but it is also because of its lightweight body and it is popular among drifters, car enthusiasts. You calling it an "ugly car and boring to drive" makes no sense at all and you're making a fool of yourself you dumbf*cking piece of sh*t. You are but a condom failure, you non-car guy. Go masturbate on European Supercars and that hybrid car Toyota Prius or better yet, the Nissan Skyline GTR R36.

crsN

The last post was made in 2014, you know...

Sartexir

It's a cult car. Why do people like the GTV6? Why do people like the Mangusta? Because they weren't popular when they came out, and then people started realizing their real meaning. Sure, people may not like the soapbox styling, or the small engine size, but what you guys have to realize is that car was built in the early-mid eighties. Square looks and multi-colored panels were the thing back then. It wasn't meant to be a race car, which aggravates me in GTA V because the Corolla isn't a sports car, it's no where near it. The Corolla was created to be a commute car, from point A to point B. People then started realizing that it's small weight, and it's RWD LSD combo could be flicked to drift through corners, and it could grip like hell too. Keiichi Tsuchiya was essentially the godfather of the AE86/AE85 (which the Futo is, it's a Levin notchback compared to the Trueno hatchback like in Forza), which is was raced in N2 races in Japan in the 80's-90's. It then got popular with Initial D, in that it's an underdog car that can take down anybody because the driver knows what they're doing with it. Like I said, it's a cult car. Only true fans know it's real potential. You guys don't need to like it, but don't call it a sh*tbox because it's from the 80's. Honestly, the Trueno, with the right driver and the right tune, could EASILY take down an NSX, or even a Supra.

I really hate it when non-car guys call some classics like the AE86 as a "sh*tbox" for their appearance. I don't know why they have to say that despite being ignorant and lacking knowledge about cars. Audacity maybe?

The last post was made in 2014, you know...

I honestly don't care about the dates and I am genuinely annoyed by the ignorance of most people about cars. Also, it's not even close yet so it's pretty open for flaming/argument.

crsN
Posted (edited)

I think you are very young if you care so much about what other people says. Calm down.

Edited by crsN

HamwithCheese

I honestly don't care about the dates

You should, because you're not supposed to bump 5 year old topics.

Mexicola9302

I never liked the Futo it handles like crap. Sure you can just grab it off the street, tune it and put it in your garage but the Elegy RH8 is for free too so hmm. And ppl say you can drift in it I never was able to drift in it you can`t drift in any car in GTA V the game doesn`t allow real drifting. You can only slide a tiny bit and that`s it. Not worth it wasting a garage slot for it if your not a fan of this car.

I like older asian cars but that`s none of it. Everybody has his/her own taste in cars. No point in argueing about it.

Mach1bud

I honestly don't care about the dates and I am genuinely annoyed by the ignorance of most people about cars. Also, it's not even close yet so it's pretty open for flaming/argument.

1. Don't bump 4 year old topics.

2. It's not open for flaming/arguments, if you wish to do that, please go to a different forum. We discuss things on this site. Not bicker and bitch at each other.

At least we try to anyways.

Topic closed.