4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Losing protags special stat?

PineboxFiller

PineboxFiller

Anyone else having this issue? Twice now I have lost a bar and a half of Trevor's special ability skill at random. I haven't been able to figure out whats causing it. All of my stats are maxed on all characters, not sure if this matters or not. I'm also not sure if it happens to Michael and Franklin too or if it's isolated to just Trevor. I reloaded an earlier save last time to fix it, but unfortunately I don't have that option this time. It does appear to allow me to earn it back luckily.

Also I mean the actual special skill in the stats menu, not just the charge bar in the HUD.

Anyone know of a quick way to earn it back? With Trevor specifically?

chrisscorsese88

This actually happens to me at random too, quite annoying if you ask me. Although in my case, Franklin is the one always losing some of his special ability. A good way to increase their overall special ability (without a save editor) is to use it frequently, and fill it frequently by driving on the wrong side of the road, nearly missing cars.

• Like 1
PineboxFiller

This actually happens to me at random too, quite annoying if you ask me. Although in my case, Franklin is the one always losing some of his special ability. A good way to increase their overall special ability (without a save editor) is to use it frequently, and fill it frequently by driving on the wrong side of the road, nearly missing cars.

Yeah I do use mine all the time as Trevor which is what makes this kind of aggravating, as it is crucial to staying alive for prolonged periods on 5 star police shootouts. Which is the reason I use him the most, as I believe it to be the best of the three abilities. That said though, at least the fact that I need and use it constantly also doubles in helping earn it back.

Still I wish I could figure out what is causing this so i could at least report it to Rockstar to fix.

• Like 1
Jabrackett55

I just loaded my save I've had since launch where I had franklins special skill totally maxed out and now it's only a little over halfway full? Anyone else experience this? All other stats appear to be unchanged.

chrisscorsese88

Edit: I see someone merged your thread with the one I provided. Hopefully R* fixes this in a patch, but I doubt it.

Edited by chrisscorsese88
Lethal Vaccine

It happens to me, too. It reverts back to 60% a lot of times. f*cking glitches, man...This game is a glitch fest, that's for sure.

PineboxFiller

Well good to see that it's happening to to a few people(well not good, it sucks, but just not isolated to me) so maybe one of us can pin point the issue and report it to R*. Though like chrisscorsese88 said that's no guarantee they will even fix it but they certainly aren't going to fix it if they don't know.

I haven't seen this reported before so my guess is that it's related to the 1.10 patch. Also it had never happened to me before I had updated to 1.10 which I went to from version 1.0, the first time I had ever updated due to problems I had hear the other patches had caused. Though I'm not sure if that necessarily means it couldn't be 1.9 or something as they are still included right?

Militia what character did(or does) this happen to you with and do you remember during which patch it started happening? I'm not sure if any of this is going to make any difference but this is the first glitch I have had and I really want it to stop. :die:

• Like 1
Lethal Vaccine

@PineboxFiller, I thought it was because I used a save editor to get Max Skills/Stats for each character, among other things. But I guess it's not the save editor, it's the f*cking Patches, yet again. Never think it's YOU'RE fault or you're doing something wrong, it's always Rockstar and their glitch fest of a game. I usually load the game up with Franklin and when I do, his stats, along with M and T are maxed for all 8 skills. The SECOND I activate Franklin's Special though, it drops to 60%. What I did notice, though, is if you keep clicking the special on, off, on, off, on, off, on, off, on, off, on, off, etc and keep doing this is gets back up to 100/100 for Special Stat within a few minutes, literally...It's just annoying that it goes back down to 60% and doesn't stay at 100%. But it's strange cuz when I load my game, like I said, I have full skills for each character. And it only goes down when I actually USE the special, if I don't use the special, it stays at 100/100.

Also, it's not 1.10, man. Cuz I was on 1.08 until two days ago, literally, when I updated to 1.10. On 1.08 it was happening to me, too...

I also have an "RPG Glitch" - Fire the RPG, and you hear this strange sound as if you're HOLDING down the shooting button which I am clearly not. The only way to fix it is by tapping L1 to put your weapon away, and then tapping L1 again, to take it back out. Only one shot at a time. So f*cking annoying. Again, I thought it could of been from the save editor I am using, but I honestly don't think so. These Patches RUIN the game even more. They might fix one problem, but by doing so, another problem will occur. f*cking pathetic game, really. They rushed it, it's horrible with these bugs/glitches, and I don't think anybody will disagree.

Like you, I am always afraid to update to the Patches, too. I updated to 1.10 the other day, though, because I REALLY want to update to 1.11 for the Turismo, among other things.

Here is another glitch, if you update to a Patch that gets a DLC new weapon, your ammo will be at ZERO for the other two characters that you DON'T load the game up with in the slots of the new weapon. So when we got the SNS Pistol on 1.06 Beach Bum Pack, my Pistols for Michael and Trevor were 0 ammo, had to rebuy it all, INCLUDING some attachments. I was fine, until 1.10 installed two days ago. What do you know? The Sweeper is in the machine gun slot, and uses the MG and Combat MG bullets...ZERO BULLETS for Michael and Trevor, INCLUDING the pistols, had to rebuy the ammo, AND some attachments! I expect this to happen yet again with 1.11 on Tuesday since there is two new guns. So the slot that the Special Carbine will be in, that ammo will go missing, along with the pistols...Mark my words.

This game is just broken and am sick of it, don't play it as much anymore because of such glitches/bugs.

Edited by Militia
PineboxFiller

@PineboxFiller, I thought it was because I used a save editor to get Max Skills/Stats for each character, among other things. But I guess it's not the save editor, it's the f*cking Patches, yet again. Never think it's YOU'RE fault or you're doing something wrong, it's always Rockstar and their glitch fest of a game. I usually load the game up with Franklin and when I do, his stats, along with M and T are maxed for all 8 skills. The SECOND I activate Franklin's Special though, it drops to 60%. What I did notice, though, is if you keep clicking the special on, off, on, off, on, off, on, off, on, off, on, off, etc and keep doing this is gets back up to 100/100 for Special Stat within a few minutes, literally...It's just annoying that it goes back down to 60% and doesn't stay at 100%. But it's strange cuz when I load my game, like I said, I have full skills for each character. And it only goes down when I actually USE the special, if I don't use the special, it stays at 100/100.

Also, it's not 1.10, man. Cuz I was on 1.08 until two days ago, literally, when I updated to 1.10. On 1.08 it was happening to me, too...

I also have an "RPG Glitch" - Fire the RPG, and you hear this strange sound as if you're HOLDING down the shooting button which I am clearly not. The only way to fix it is by tapping L1 to put your weapon away, and then tapping L1 again, to take it back out. Only one shot at a time. So f*cking annoying. Again, I thought it could of been from the save editor I am using, but I honestly don't think so. These Patches RUIN the game even more. They might fix one problem, but by doing so, another problem will occur. f*cking pathetic game, really. They rushed it, it's horrible with these bugs/glitches, and I don't think anybody will disagree.

Like you, I am always afraid to update to the Patches, too. I updated to 1.10 the other day, though, because I REALLY want to update to 1.11 for the Turismo, among other things.

Here is another glitch, if you update to a Patch that gets a DLC new weapon, your ammo will be at ZERO for the other two characters that you DON'T load the game up with in the slots of the new weapon. So when we got the SNS Pistol on 1.06 Beach Bum Pack, my Pistols for Michael and Trevor were 0 ammo, had to rebuy it all, INCLUDING some attachments. I was fine, until 1.10 installed two days ago. What do you know? The Sweeper is in the machine gun slot, and uses the MG and Combat MG bullets...ZERO BULLETS for Michael and Trevor, INCLUDING the pistols, had to rebuy the ammo, AND some attachments! I expect this to happen yet again with 1.11 on Tuesday since there is two new guns. So the slot that the Special Carbine will be in, that ammo will go missing, along with the pistols...Mark my words.

This game is just broken and am sick of it, don't play it as much anymore because of such glitches/bugs.

So did you lose your ammo again this time? Guess I will find out soon enough because I'll probably just update before you answer back.

I'm sure the update most likely did not fix this problem as I"m unsure if R* is even aware of it. I checked the patch notes and no mention, though who's to say that it would even be listed if it was fixed the way their patch notes are.

chrisscorsese88

Yes, it happened again. After the new update and upon loading my save, the two characters that doesn't load with the save lost all their ammo for the particular weapons affected.

Lethal Vaccine

Yes, it happened again. After the new update and upon loading my save, the two characters that doesn't load with the save lost all their ammo for the particular weapons affected.

This. The character you LOAD the update with from your last gamesave, has the full ammo. The other two characters ammo drops to 30/30 or some sh*t and must rebuy it.

Happened again, indeed.

Not to mention some other glitches. This is why I can't be bothered to update, this game is millions of dollars, they have a team working on it, and they can't even fix half the problems...Good god...

PineboxFiller

Yeah happened to me again too. At least it's easy to fix. Anyways I'm continually having the special ability issue. 4 times now, twice with Trevor, twice with Franklin. At least with Franklin you can earn it back in less than 5 minutes. Trevor takes me almost and hour. That's why I don't want to play with Michael, as his is the hardest to earn of all. I'm not for sure yet but I'm thinking it might be related to property missions. Though this is still just a theory at this point as I'm just looking for patterns of things I do connected to when (I actually notice) my special skill has been lost.

I wish that they would just do something to lock it in full once you reach the max. There is no reason for it to go down at that point.

Edit: Anyone know the link to the R* help site?

Edited by PineboxFiller
  • Like 1
Lethal Vaccine

What do you mean with property missions? I don't even bother doing them anymore, tbh. Never was a fan of being an errand boy for the beer places or Smoke on the Water, etc. Even the Taxi stuff, I don't bother.

All I know is I load up my game. Stats are FULL for all THREE characters. Then the moment I get into ANY car as F (only him, the other two characters are fine with Special, and other stats) and activate the special, it drops to 60% or 60/100 in the Special Stat. I personally don't care, though, cuz I don't use the specials often for any of the three characters and as long as I load up my game and all the stats are full I am happy. If the stats dropped, I simply wouldn't save over that. I'd just reload. I don't save much anymore upon 100% with 0 cheat codes used, and have everything I want for the safehouse garages, 4 car garages, impounds, marina docks, helipads, hangers, etc...

PineboxFiller

What do you mean with property missions? I don't even bother doing them anymore, tbh. Never was a fan of being an errand boy for the beer places or Smoke on the Water, etc. Even the Taxi stuff, I don't bother.

All I know is I load up my game. Stats are FULL for all THREE characters. Then the moment I get into ANY car as F (only him, the other two characters are fine with Special, and other stats) and activate the special, it drops to 60% or 60/100 in the Special Stat. I personally don't care, though, cuz I don't use the specials often for any of the three characters and as long as I load up my game and all the stats are full I am happy. If the stats dropped, I simply wouldn't save over that. I'd just reload. I don't save much anymore upon 100% with 0 cheat codes used, and have everything I want for the safehouse garages, 4 car garages, impounds, marina docks, helipads, hangers, etc...

Yeah, see mine never happens like that, when I load my stats are still always full(though I make sure they are when save lately) and it's only after playing for a bit, do I check my stats and see that my special stat has dropped about a bar and one half bar. I still don't know for sure yet what is doing it, though after trying to check my stats fairly often, the one consistency that I could come up with was completing a property mission recently, sometime before noticing that my stat had fallen. It's just a theory though as I don't know for sure.

Ha, you're right though the property missions are pretty annoying, at least the delivery ones. Especially the Hen House and Smoke on the Water, for some reason those just piss me off the most, and the Hen House one is easily fail-able if you make a mistake on the way. I like the theft and attack ones though. I mostly do them for something to do, plus you lose the pay for that property for the week if you don't do the mission, not that I need the money though.

Edit: Anyone know the link to the R* help site?

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thank you. Going to report it and hopefully we'll get a fix sometime in the next 5 patches if we're lucky. I"m surprised more people haven't experienced this issue

• Like 1
Lethal Vaccine

Yeah, I also don't need the money, I got 2.1 billion for EACH character, the money cap. So it won't go higher, that is why I don't care about the business' anymore, tbh. Haha

And, they probably do have this glitch but just aren't observant like you or I. Or, simply, they don't care about the stats. I didn't care at a time either, but now that they are full for each character, I want them to remain full, so I can understand the frustration.

That is how I am with my vehicles. I constantly check them to make sure everything is how I had it from the last Patch, or save, because you never know with this game due to the glitches/bugs it has...Always best to be safe than sorry.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
PineboxFiller

Here it is if you want to look through it, not that we really have any helpful insights into what's causing it.

• 6 years later...
Tiredofspecialabilloss

It's 2020 and I still keep having this issue. It's f*cking annoying. Just lost 2 bars of Michael's special ability and keep losing bars of Franklin's. Franklin's I don't care about as much but Michael's my Main way of improving it was through story missions of which I only have like 2 left so not enough to max him anymore. And it happened like a dozen times on Franklin. Seriously how has Rockstar not fixed this yet? See if I bother getting any more of their games when they don't bother to even fix basic bugs. I wont.