1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

I just got "Busted" at 5 stars

Camsterguy

It's actually realistic, LAPD is one of the most corrupt police departments in USA. Remember the thing with Christopher Dorner? There was some leaked audio when he was pinned down in the shack in the hills, and it went like 'he's f*cking done for' 'what should we do?' 'burn the f*cker down' and so they did (even if he shot himself before)

I spent a great deal of time debating this idea in my mind. I am too familiar with the corruption in LAPD and how quick they are to use force in the most unnecessary of times. It would be a terrific satire of their excessive nature to make the police in Los Santos act in a similar manner.

This same ideology can be applied to the behavior of the pedestrians. Get in a car in GTA IV and drive around on the boardwalk in Broker. As long as you aren't outright gunning it, nobody gives a sh*t. This is typical New Yorker behavior (I was born in NY and live in NJ my whole life, I know this to be pretty hilariously true.) Now contrast this to Los Angeles citizens who are paranoid and easily startled pansies and yeah it's possible that the way pedestrians in V act too cautiously, is also satire of their paranoid personalities.

But then at the same time I can't help but feel that, no, these are just step downs from function either unintentionally or intentionally with the desire to optimize the game's performance. The reason I feel that it is just a plain step down is why remove other features from IV that were not related to satirizing the world, like the ability to tap Y/Triangle to leave the engine running and exit your vehicle? Why remove that? Likely for the same reasons that police and pedestrian AI were dumbed down. Complex routines and scripts put more toll on the processor and by stripping it of it's detailed features and code, you get the game to run that much more smoothly.

This is all me theorizing, nothing more. The only thing that is concrete in this post are the observations of definitively reduced function in V, that I have noticed in the AI and game code.

I know what you mean but things like the engine turning on off thing seriously puts no stress on the game engine, I just think it was someone's dumb idea (HEY LETS CHANGE THAT, SINCE I BET NOBODY REALIZED YOU COULD TURN THE ENGINE OFF IN IV BY HOLDING EXIT BUTTON, SO LETS JUST MAKE THE CHARACTER KEEP ENGINE ON IF HE'S IN COMBAT SITUATION...THAT'S SMART RIGHT?), if anything, the current way puts more stress than previous, because the game checks if you're in combat state before entering a car, though I agree with the rest - I remember when playing around with IV files, I literally f*cked up nearly every game script which made them just not run at all (no hotdog vendors, and the cops were really bugged too) and it gave me a slight FPS boost.

Edited by lolleroz
  • Like 1
DaRkL3AD3R

Officer Ronson, everything you just said, I feel like is a mystical unicorn, because I have never once experienced any of that in this game. And I get wanted levels a metric f*ck ton-a-lot.

I wish they would approach my crashed vehicle, give a handsign to ceasefire and arrest me. Instead they pump round after round into my still corpse with pin point accuracy while hanging off the side of a van. It's retarded, to say the least.

At first I was kinda annoyed that the cops are just killing machines on contrast of the fat f*cks from IV, but then I realized - it reminds me of the older GTAs and it just makes killing them so more satisfying for me. I just wish they'd actually use melee (what the f*ck is wrong with that since IV...I know most of times they'd just shoot you dead and say it was self-defense but it'd be nice to beat the sh*t out of them before they start shooting, with batons and all) and that the car ramming wouldn't be scripted (if you watch gameplay footage in slo-mo, whenever they slam their cars into yours, you AUTOMATICALLY turn left or right, even without turning - the wheel turns automatically either left or right which makes no sense....

cholesterol

I remember III's cops and they're kamikaze driving. It was freaking hilarious.

OT: I rarely get busted in V, but I think that's a good thing. I hate losing all the ammo for my weapons! I rather die and just pay a fee.

Overall the cops in V are a really great overhaul from the previous GTAs. Though in Online, they are crazy sensitive and can be really aggravating, sucking the fun out of stuff.

southparkmayor

I never got busted by the cops in GTA V. They're shoot on sight pigs and are as aggressive as hornets which are merciless little buggers. In IV they were more like fire ants, easy to kill and not as tough.

I remember III's cops and they're kamikaze driving. It was freaking hilarious.

OT: I rarely get busted in V, but I think that's a good thing. I hate losing all the ammo for my weapons! I rather die and just pay a fee.

Overall the cops in V are a really great overhaul from the previous GTAs. Though in Online, they are crazy sensitive and can be really aggravating, sucking the fun out of stuff.

I know they are more agressive in Online. I just hate it when the cops say pull over and step out of the vehicle. They just shoot you even if you get out with your weapon away. In RDR single player you are actually able to surrender yourself by holstering your weapon and standing still. NO SUCH THING EXISTS IN ANY GTA GAME UNLESS YOU HAD 1 STAR IN IV.

RyanBurnsRed

"Busted"? I thought that was an urban myth from GTA IV thereon.

Seriously, it's almost impossible to be arrested in the most recent GTA games. At least 99.9% of the time, you actually have to let the cops arrest you now.

Yeah because when you get 1 star in V, it automatically escalates to 2 stars and they start shooting at you.

• 6 years later...
Christopher Racine

Is it possible to get arrested on a two or more star wanted level. When your gun is in your right hand while your in your car? Just wondering though I have been arrested on a two to four star wanted level before though. But I had to put away my gun. Or I was cycling through my weapons while stationary in the vehicle. When I got busted. I realize in the other games even if you had your gun out shooting. They just walk up and pull you out the car. The big question is if your shooting in your car while sitting there. Do they even if they do rare like. But do they I know they have two different busted animation in vehicles. Do they arrest you when you are shooting at them in a vehicle?

Edited by Christopher Racine
Needed add more to the story.
  • 2 months later...
Christopher Racine

I like the busted mechanics. Found out I can have my gun out. Just can't be shooting at police. Just it seems too hard too be arrested on more than one star on heavier vehicles bikes motor bikes etc. I once was arrested on a three star wanted level on my bus. The officer fired a few shots then he stopped firing. Officer then walked up drew his weapon my hands went up. Never did I open the door. Then the famous blue word BUSTED came up onto the screen. I just slightly enough miss in 4 how you can be shooting at police. How whilst shooting at police a officer. Can open your door whilst shooting only for the screen to grey out. Then you become BUSTED crazy how they change it up. Also the beginning of BUSTED in five you can drive off. Or restart firing at police officer when he begins to arrest you. Also gta online has way more BUSTED flaws one reasons until I see otherwise. I may never play online version until I can manage to overcome the flaws other than that I will be play online version. When they fix it up with a update. I just think that police should be able to draw you out your vehicle while shooting at the police.

Payne

I got BUSTED at five stars when i had cheats on and they couldn’t kill him. Cops got closer and closer, i was still playing around with cheats or something then bam! “BUSTED”

Christopher Racine
6 minutes ago, Payne said:

I got BUSTED at five stars when i had cheats on and they couldn’t kill him. Cops got closer and closer, i was still playing around with cheats or something then bam! “BUSTED”

Was it the invincible cheat?

SonofLosSantos

Bro c’mon man you necrod the same thread twice wtf

rml_gta

Exclusive images of people resurecting inactive threads for 6 years /s

red-dead-redemption-2-pc-undead-nightmar

Nah I never got busted, less with 5 stars, with 5 stars I have to pray for my life and start shooting everywhere because I´m f*cked up

Edited by rml_gta
Cutter De Blanc

I always thought it was weird that being busted carries a more severe penalty, losing all your ammo, than dying