Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,986 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

AtomicNukeXR

Whos still active in gta 3?

Filip

Tell me Zmudziak, is it really that hard?

zmudziak32

Not much, but some missions are hard. Mostly author give m16 to enemies to make it more hard. Doing side missions early really help you during storyline.

Filip
Not much, but some missions are hard. Mostly author give m16 to enemies to make it more hard. Doing side missions early really help you during storyline.

I will talk to the chaingame chief, maybe we will play this together.

Cl4ud35p33d

I love popping it in every once in a while. I never seem to get tired of playing it. I own all three versions (Xbox, PC, and PS2).

zmudziak32

What about mobile GTA 3?

JeffersonCJ

I still play GTA III and I always pass all missions for one day.

PG.

Still play GTA III every now and then on my PS3, also have it on PC and iOS.

Edited by cookiemonster14

oEZ RIDERo

Just bought gta 3 and VC for xbox. It's been nearly 10 years since I've played them. Looking forward to this

atRM

I agree. It is a very good game, even if it is like 13 years old. I started playing it like two weeks ago and I am really enjoying it. If you are hesitating to choose if you should play it I say YES try it out.

AceBiscuit

I've recently bought an original Xbox bundle and gta 3 came with it.

Never played it before so it went in first and I'm loving it :)

GTAGuy1995

edit

Edited by GTAGuy1995

grosso2626

I play it all the time!

Misbegotten cad

Yesterday, playing GTA3, I got to the second island for the first time in my life!!!!

Hooray!!!

Now, I'v had GTA3 for like ten years (on PS2) but this is the first time I managed to play this far.

Thanks go to the brill walkthrough by AdrenalineSL and Ryan that I happaned to find yesterday while browsing the net.

-Its really great quide, giving in depth info on all missions and how best to beat them. It also gives alternate routes to many.

I had a bit of difficulty with the 8ball mission, so had to cheat: I used rocket launcher to kill the goons in the ship before they got to 8ball. Success, and onto the second island!!!

I have now cruised around the second island and really like what I see. I'm thrilled to start the missions there!

So, I will be having a GTA3 filled weekend!

Bartleby

Congrats! :colgate: FYI, for Bomb Da Base (the 8Ball mission) there are some tricks you can do to give yourself more time before 8Ball runs in, like blocking him in place with a car. Still, the mission itself is not too hard once you get used to the sniper rifle. For Staunton Island, you really need to become familiar with the streets first. Quite a few missions will depend on you being able to get around quickly (have fun with "Payday For Ray"). :p

As for me, I have a very belated milestone as well. After playing GTA3 for over a decade, I had never gone for 100%. So over the past few days I worked my way through it, and for the first time I beat all the D-Ice missions, did the Portland and Shoreside garages, and did all the extras. It was a very fun and nostalgic experience.

Edited by Bartleby

Misbegotten cad

Well, I managed to complete GTA3 over the weekend!

-well, the main missions anyway.

I have to say, the second island was a pleasant surprise. Lot better looks than expected, and the missions were great too, and very advanced for so old game.

Now onto GTa vice city!!!

Sawnek

I recently decided to play through my PC versions of the GTA games, starting off with GTA3, I beat it and I definitely want to play through it again in a few months.

Spadge

I'm playing it again right now, aiming 100 %

Lethal Vaccine

Who's still active?! Me! :p

I actually about 7-8 days ago started another playthrough of GTA III to 100%. In my first playthrough to 100%, I only obtained 3 proof vehicles. Whereas in this playthrough, I got 7.

I am already at 99% and only have 19 Rampages to do until I reach 100%. Tomorrow, I should be 100%. After I reach 100%, though, I am gonna use the Crusher Glitch to make the BP/FP/EP Bobcat AP, and the BP/FP/EP Cheetah AP. I will also make the BP Patriot BP/DP and I will also make the BP Barracks OL BP/DP. It won't work on my BP/FP Trashmaster or BP/FP Securicar.

Naruko

Meeeeee cause it's my childhood PC Game.

universetwisters

I just played it this morning and goddamn it's still a great game.

Ziggy455

Re-installed it a few days ago. I love the atmosphere of it, of Portland, the city, the sounds, and the general feeling of it. It's got more atmosphere than GTA IV -not bashing on the game I just love the way Liberty City is conveyed in III- which gives it that good old feeling of familiarity. I love it. Currently replaying to get the 100% mark again.

KrazzyDJ

This might sound a bit strange but I'm actually just about to start playing the game from the very beginning (have played it already in the past). Got it off the Steam Sale for $2.49. Pretty late to buy this game but I just couldn't resist it - Rockstar deserves all the support they can get for this game !!!

Robinism

I finished the storyline missions last week. I wanted to get a 100% completion, but I have all the side missions left undone and I can't barely show my face in Portland now without being blown to pieces by the mob.

PresidentKiller

I still play it from time to time, it was such a memorable game for me back in the day and the whole GTA III-era (GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas) is just great. I even dare to say that I think it's superior to any of the current GTA games, but I love those too (haven't played V until it gets released for the PC, tho). I even started writing a story concluding the GTA III era a long time ago, but haven't finished it yet. It's been in hiatus for like forever ( :p) but I do want to finish it some day.

clement_attlee

I play it once in a while but I have a hard time getting over the bad graphics, now we got better things to compare it too...

.: Phaze

Starting the PlayStation 2 up right now for some GTAIII, yesterday I drove around Vice City for awhile. Both games are completed but it's still fun to play every now and then...

... Driving around Portland never, ever gets old to me.

Harerama Chakraborty

I do play GTA, the first time I did was just a while after GTA 3 celebrated its 10 year celebration. Though I've complete it many times, I play it again and again, hoping I'll perform better than the previous time.

Nordicdusk

I still play it and its still amazing to this day.

J-DNB

I thought I'd get the ps2 out and have a mess about on it yesterday and I forgot my disc doesn't work, not sure if this has happened to anyone else but,

Rhino firing backwards + flying cars cheat + edge of map = disc doesn't work anymore.

Going to try get another copy from town tomorrow.

I do have vice city and San Andreas on various android devices for portable mayhem though.

GTAKid667

Got up at 6am this morning (Which is an extremely rare occasion) and the first thing I decided to do was play GTA III on PS3 (Also a rare occurrence as most recently, I have only played III on PC). I started off doing some missions and then played Vigilante, being more of a criminal trying to get to the target :pp