Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,529 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

T-dog

If you wrote the story.....

ChrisMathers3501

If I could write the story...I wouldn't change sh*t. I WOULD however add a couple more levels involving Wei Cheng and Stretch. Devin Weston and Steve Haines made sense as final boss characters but those other two? Mmmmm...not so much.

Cforumlbgfeva

in my story, the fib/iaa stuff wouldn't have ever happened.

why not

because I didn't like it. when I watched the trailers for the game I never would've imagined working for the fib and being their gimps. that sh*t is stupid.

I wanted to go terminter on them insted, gta v had us sucking them :/

If I wrote the script, this is what would have happened to the fib and merryweather

hulksmash.gif

BlackNoise

I wish R* would just hire an established writer. I don't know any names of good crime fiction/film writers, but I'm sure R* could find somebody. I think GTA is better known for the environments, satire, and gameplay anyways. All that can still be there, but just let somebody else write the main script. I just think R* has exhausted their ideas when it comes to the story.

They use the most talented people for every other aspect of the game, but when it comes to the script, it's just D. Houser and the guys...

We’re not necessarily the best writers in the world, but we know how to write a video game.

Well Mr. Houser, It's more than just a video game now. Remember this...

We're honored to have Grand Theft Auto V participate as an official selection for this year's New York Film Festival Convergence Program.

Captain Arthur

http://gtaforums.com/topic/670267-change-the-storyline/

Well, wadaya know? It's almost the same thread! :sly:

Anyway, I'm just going to say what I posted there:

I wouldn't get rid of Simeon at an early stage of the game and that's it.

Edited by Gta_V_Fan_101

Fallcreek

Well, the problem with hiring new writers is that they don't know the world of Grand Theft Auto like Dan and Rupert. I mean, go back and play IV and V and just pay attention to the dialogue. They constantly reference the world of GTA, abeit Food Food joints like Burger Shot, Car makes like the Karin Dilettante, Street Names, and areas like Roman telling Niko to go to 'Mohawk in Hove'. I mean, just sh*t like this is what I like, it gives it character.

Also, take a look at Metal Gear Solid, imagine if Hideo Kojima didn't write MGS after MGS2, it would be Portable Ops all over again haha.

Edited by Fallcreek

THE_TREVALEV

I'd make the story about, oh I don't f*cking know, THE ALMIGHTY DOLLAR. I was expecting the story to be about a man who rediscovers his love for robbing and then brings his new friend and old partner to rob LS. Not a story where 3/5 of the heists are

"We need you to do this"

"No"

"*insert threat*

"OK I'll do it"

You can't just slap two or three big payouts on a couple of missions, and tell me that the game is about the almighty dollar. It's about some 40 year old guy who lied to his best friend, gets a black guy to steal some cars so he can play Mr. Hollywood,becomes the government's bitching, and then randomly.. At the end of the game, decides, "Hey fellas! I know how we hate the FIB agents, Chinese gangsters, etc. So how about.....we kill them?" Seriously? How do you go from RDR's ending to casually strolling up to your antagonist(s) and simply killing them? It wouldn't say it was lazy, but I guess they had GTAO on their minds at any given time when writing the script.

BlackNoise

Well, the problem with hiring new writers is that they don't know the world of Grand Theft Auto like Dan and Rupert. I mean, go back and play IV and V and just pay attention to the dialogue. They constantly reference the world of GTA, abeit Food Food joints like Burger Shot, Car makes like the Karin Dilettante, Street Names, and areas like Roman telling Niko to go to 'Mohawk in Hove'. I mean, just sh*t like this is what I like, it gives it character.

Also, take a look at Metal Gear Solid, imagine if Hideo Kojima didn't write MGS after MGS2, it would be Portable Ops all over again haha.

Yeah, that's a good point. I guess I mean the basic outline then. I want it to feel like GTA, but I also want it to be as polished as everything else in the game. I love R*, but I think they're best when they have a solid concept. GTA is so popular, they'll make it no matter what they have and figure it out along the way.

Just think about your favorite crime films and then imagine if Dan and Rupert could use a story like that as a starting point? They could still make changes and have the final say, but it would be more like the other aspects of the game. Pay the best people to do what they do best, but in the end, it's up to the top guys at R*.

Luismy_MMD

If I wrote the story:

- Franklin would have a long-ass campaign mode full of "Groove Street" related missions.

- I would had moved Michael into a bigass mansion after Amanda and his fat and retarded son abandoned him, and never get him back to the original house with his family. I would also have made his campaign larger by

adding more Strangers and Freaks missions, Related with the "Rich" world. Stuff like robbing cars for a guy, infiltrating into Mansions, etc.

- Trevor is good as it is, but I would had taken advantage of his particular sense of humour and good voice actor to make him do a couple more missions focused

mainly in having fun. Like infiltrating in Fort Zancudo and enjoying some crazy and funny Trevor dialogues with the soldiers.

I wouldn't even give the option to pick one of the ways (A , B , C).

I would also add more heists and more car related missions, like doing something like a "Gone in 60 seconds" kind of mission/heist :)

Shah Sam

Niko would be a heist member.

Meh, I don't think he would return to a life of crime after everything that happened in GTA IV.

Maybe he needs the money? ;)

If there is anything he needs, it's something to spend his money on, and Los Santos has a lot more to offer when it comes to buyable stuff (cars, clothes, planes etc). :lol: Therefore I can see why he would move to LS, but returning to crime? I don't think so.

Pastry

My story would only have Franklin as the playable character and it would show how he went from a gang banger to Billionare. Michael and Trevor would be NPCS and they would have less dialogue. Franklin could start buying houses, business, and be featured on magazines, TV, etc .

This is not San Andreas or Sims :D. OT: If i would have wrote the story it would have been crap. North Yankton would have been a nice finished and accesible location. Edited by Cakelover21

kj2022

I'd have had it so Michael wanted Trevor dead because T was the only person who properly knew Michaels mental health, eventually leading up to Michael slowly transforming into the antagonist who's been approaching the group, when really he's in michaels head and it was him threatening the other two into doing stuff.

Official General

If I wrote the story then I would :

* Remove all of that FIB/IAA/Merryweather and government bullsh*t
* Remove Trevor as a protagonist and put him as a non-playable character
* Include a Hispanic (Mexican-American) protagonist
* Give major involvement to Mexican drug cartels and drug trafficking
* Make it much longer than a mediocre 69 missions
* More heists (where we actually get paid too)
* Give Franklin more depth and character, and add much more gang/hood stuff to his story

* Make Franklin actually choose and buy a luxury home of his choice with his own money and not have it given to him
* Much better antagonists that are actually more fearsome and more vicious
* Each protagonist has their own separate story, only coming together for heists
* Johnny K and Packie make no appearance
* Much more dealings with gangs and organized crime.

One thing stays the same - the option to kill Trevor stays.

Edited by Official General

Jabrackett55

Michael would be a transvestite with a pig partner in crime, Trevor would be a old man who has war flash backs, Franklin would be cjs dad, jet packs, boobs, cars, explosions

Sounds like Saints Row 5

Also, this thread would be a lot more interesting if people would say exactly how they would go about making these changes. In what way would that person be more developed, where would more heists fit in, why would adding this event help the story. Stuff like that. It's easy to say "I'd make it better" but it'd be cool to see everyone's specific ideas!

Mr. Muramasa

I'd be more focused on the ending of the game, adding in an option to kill Franklin in addition to the endings that kill off Michael and Trevor, then granting the option to complete the final mission as any character, as well as if you would like to include the one not being killed as an accomplice.

Then throughout the game, include missions that would give reason to like or hate the characters.

Instead of being ordered by Devin and Steve to kill anyone, it simply becomes a dilemma delivered by someone else they can all be contacted by and can trust, say Lester.

Of course you would have the option to kill no one if you don't want to kill anyone.

Johnny Klebits will be kept alive, you will see why.

And in the end, the option C that is in the game would be the official ending, have you take on all the enemy factions in the game, even ones you didn't fight much such as the Lost, Vagos, Aztecas, meth heads, military, IAA, all of them, and then killing off their essential leaders, those being:

FIB: Steve Haines, and Dave Norton if you wish

IAA: Whoever the bloke that runs them is.

Merryweather: Devin Weston, and on the side Don Percival

Lost: Johnny Klebits

Ballas: Stretch

Triads: The Chengs, both of them

LSPD: Whoever is leading them at the current time, or could just be a special 6 star final fight, like say someone reveals to them that the protagonists robbed the union depository.

Military: Would be grouped with the LSPD if the special 6-star is done, otherwise whoever leads them.

and then whoever heads the vagos, aztecas, and meth heads, etc etc.

Niobium

bring back executions from IV/EFLC! Those were badass.

Edited by nobum62

ViceCityStalker

If I were to write the story, it would basically be "Grand Theft Auto: Maaskantje".

grand-theft-auto-maaskantje.jpg

Only a few of you will know what I'm getting at.

"Hey watch out for that mongol dude,mooi!","I am a truck driver honk honk",bang bang "Stay the f*ck outta Maaskantjie c*nt!"

Now thats a game I could play

Edited by ViceCityStalker

Gameralfa095

-In my story Devin wouldnt be the main antagonist he would be just a minor one it would be Haines or someone from Micahel and Trevor's past.

-The story would be much longer and Franklin would have another storyline apart from Michael and Trevors one but they would work togheter is some missions.

-Johnny wouldnt have died

-There would be much more Heists

-The story would get more indeepth with michael and trevor´s past maybe some flashbacks.

-Brad would be alive but he would be jealous that Michael was given all that fortune and that mansion and he has been in the jail for so long so after he gets out of it he allyes with Haines to take down Michael and Trevor,so Haines gets the recognition for capturing two of the most famous fugitives and Brad would get his revenge ,but first haines wants them to make some favors for him and blackmails them , in the penultimate mission Brad will try to redem himself and you have the option either to kill him or spare him.

-There would be more Families missions with Lamar and a few other members you would know in the story.

-You wouldnt kidnap Patricia and you will make more missions for Martin Madrazo then he wil be very grateful and will help you in the last mission something like Yusuf from TBOGT (In roll not personalitie or phisic)

-At the middle of the story you would try to take down Haines but you wil fail and Haines would destroy Michael´s house and Martin´s one too cause he is the must powerful friend Michael and Trevor have .

-Haines would ally with the Triads too to take down Trevor´s meth bussines .

-Just a little later in the story Stretch and other Ballas would take down The Families too .

-After a lot of other missions Michael ,Trevor and Franklin are ready to take revenge .

-The final mission wolud be a massive shootout in the FIB building between Michael ,Trevor ,Brad (if you choose to save him) and the FIB ,the IAA and the Triads to kill Haines and destroy the Triads resulting in the destruction of the building Martin would help you with some heavy weapons and Norton would help you depending on some descisions on previous missions, At the same time Franklin ,Lamar and the remaining Families members would be on a suicide mission to take down Stretch and the Ballas .

-The ending would change depending on some descisions you take on the mission.

The cannon ending would be everyone happy,Michael getting his family back (the events in Anybody said Yoga still happen but before Haines destroys Michael's house) and getting Brad as a playable character with some extra Strangers and Freaks missions.

Edited by Gameralfa095

thafablifee46

Game would remain the same until trevor comes in the story .. there wouldnt be those boring government missions either and when trevor goes to north yankton and finds out brad is actually dead he goes back to sandy shores and orders wade to execute michael ( you would be able to play as wade during this mission like how you played as chop ) but michael isnt there and wade kills michaels family and trevor kills wade since michaels family was kinda like trevors family and michael and franklin not knowing trevor was behind this go on a crime spree ( heist missions ) and kill dave norton who michael thinks is behind the murder if his family and the crime spree spreads to sandy shores and michael reunites with trevor and trevor tells michael he accidentally killed his family and asks for forgiveness and michael forgives him ( he says his family didnt care about him anyways ) and also apologizes for setting trevor and brad up in north yankton .. franklin and lamar spreads the families through san andreas and eventually Trevor gives The families permission to operate in his territory and mike and trevor move back to north yankton to finish what they started ( crime spree lol ) families become biggest gang rivaling the vagos and frankling would have more missions lol but idk

Budweiser Addict

Firstly I would remove Devin Weston completely. Secondly I would put more emphasis on Franklin's hood missions (10 missions) Trevor's Meth Business (10 missions) and Michael's movie business (8 missions). I would have the FIB stuff toned down, but not removed (and more dirty cop, less American hero business as well). Madrazo would have a bigger impact on the story (influencing both Trevor's meth business and Franklin's gang bainging stuff). Lastly there would be one ending... Kill Trevor.

Mister Madrazo

Firstly I would remove Devin Weston completely. Secondly I would put more emphasis on Franklin's hood missions (10 missions) Trevor's Meth Business (10 missions) and Michael's movie business (8 missions). I would have the FIB stuff toned down, but not removed (and more dirty cop, less American hero business as well). Madrazo would have a bigger impact on the story (influencing both Trevor's meth business and Franklin's gang bainging stuff). Lastly there would be one ending... Kill Trevor.

Almost agree with you completely (especially regarding the missions you would put more emphasis on), except for one thing: not just one ending with Trevor six feet under :lol: Much rather have Trevor's death be optional or not in the game at all, he's too awesome (although i hated him for the first bit because of the ''WTF, you know what happened thingy''..

skittlez86

No playing errand boy for the FIB. That didn't make any sense.

You didn't pay attention to the story then.

I don't think most people did because the story is not that bad it ties in together pretty good

Manny94

id leave it how it is but toughen up franklin a bit more, maybe have scene where trevor & frank fight (fists) and have more missions with Martin.

have more missions about gangs, example, the vagos try to get back at frank and lamar for killin their homeboy.

Just basically more detailed.

godforgivesthelostdont

I would cut out Devin Weston entirely, making Steve Haines the main antagonist.

Trevor and Michael would kill each other instead of Franklin.

Franklin would have territory wars to overtake the Ballas entirely.

Madrazo wouldn't be so easily appeased and the kidnapping incident wouldn't have happened.

Homemade Dynamite

If I wrote the story, I would make sure it didn't look like a saturday morning cartoon compared to its predecessor.

Nz_fool

Hmmmmm...If I wrote the story?

0_0.jpg

Voggs

-Michael would have been more serious and badass, he wouldn't be called "fat" by Trevor and I would cut off quotes like "bite me".

-Franklin would have a bigger role on the heists instead of being just the backup/getaway dude.

-Johnny wouldn't die and he wouldn't be an addict to meth, The Lost would be allies of Trevor Philips Industries.

-Floyd wouldn't die either and Debra would be a non-seen character.

-Trevor's biker enemies would have been The Angels of Death.

-Brucie Kibbutz's return wouldn't be cut out from final game (a real dumb decision, as always)

-The protagonists would set up their own heists and by will, not forced by the FIB/IAA.

-They wouldn't set up jobs on a strip club... that was lame.

-Franklin and Lamar would kill Stretch shortly after Hood Safari.

-Michael would kill Devin Weston at the hangar in Legal Trouble.

-Trevor would join Franklin to save Michael and Trevor kills Wei-Cheng while Franklin helps Michael.

-Trevor wouldn't take Patricia with him and Michael wouldn't left the city for a while.

-When killing an antagonist, it would be like the pistol executions from IV, not just shooting at them like any other random ped in a mission/freeroam. I felt absolutely nothing while killing characters like Stretch, Wei-Cheng, Ortega, Joseff, Terry, Clay... They needed an actual confrontation where they can't escape, take Vlad for example.

-Steve Haines as the main antagonist.

-Only one ending, where the protagonists set up a plan to break in the FIB in a massive shootout where they confront Haines, who escapes in a helicopter and the three characters split up following him on land until they make it crash. Haines survives but he is fatally injured like Tenpenny at the end of SA, shouting that the city would be better with more people like him. The three protagonists finish Haines shooting at the same time. The helicopter explodes and the three walk away in a sunset, talking about what they're gonna do.

Edited by Voggens

Nz_fool

-Michael would have been more serious and badass, he wouldn't be called "fat" by Trevor and I would cut off quotes like "bite me".

-Franklin would have a bigger role on the heists instead of being just the backup/getaway dude.

-Johnny wouldn't die and he wouldn't be an addict to meth, The Lost would be allies of Trevor Philips Industries.

-Floyd wouldn't die either and Debra would be a non-seen character.

-Trevor's biker enemies would have been The Angels of Death.

-Brucie Kibbutz's return wouldn't be cut out from final game (a real dumb decision, as always)

-The protagonists would set up their own heists and by will, not forced by the FIB/IAA.

-They wouldn't set up jobs on a strip club... that was lame.

-Franklin and Lamar would kill Stretch shortly after Hood Safari.

-Michael would kill Devin Weston at the hangar in Legal Trouble.

-Trevor would join Franklin to save Michael and Trevor kills Wei-Cheng while Franklin helps Michael.

-Trevor wouldn't take Patricia with him and Michael wouldn't left the city for a while.

-When killing an antagonist, it would be like the pistol executions from IV, not just shooting at them like any other random ped in a mission/freeroam. I felt absolutely nothing while killing characters like Stretch, Wei-Cheng, Ortega, Joseff, Terry, Clay... They needed an actual confrontation where they can't escape, take Vlad for example.

-Steve Haines as the main antagonist.

-Only one ending, where the protagonists set up a plan to break in the FIB in a massive shootout where they confront Haines, who escapes in a helicopter and the three characters split up following him on land until they make it crash. Haines survives but he is fatally injured like Tenpenny at the end of SA, shouting that the city would be better with more people like him. The three protagonists finish Haines shooting at the same time. The helicopter explodes and the three walk away in a sunset, talking about what they're gonna do.

I wish you wrote GTA V.. :(

Edited by Nz_fool

darkwar854

Here are my two different stories

Franklins story: Boyz n da hood

Franklin gets kicked out of school, so he starts to gangbang with Lamar and the families throughout the early 2000's. He gets thrown in jail in 2008. (story then moves to Michael, Trevor, and Brad)

Michael/Trevors story:The Yankton Job

North Yankton, Michael Townley and his best friend Trevor phillips are planning a heist to rob the local bank. The job goes good, but Brad gets shot as well as Michael. Trevor escapes to their hideout. Brad and Michael are found guilty and sent to Bolingbroke Penitentiary in Blaine County, San Andreas. They are stuck there for 2 years, and Trevor is getting impatient, so he makes a plan with his friends out in Blaine County to brake them out. Trevor gets in touch with Lester Crest, and tells Lester that it's just like robbing a bank, just robbing people.

Lester then tells Trevor that he needs to get a Prison Guard Uniform which can be found in trucks that bring items to the prison, A lockpick for unlocking the cell, and fiberwire. Once he gets those things, he easily sneaks into the prison due to the guards having their annual Criminal Records races around it. He frees Michael and Brad, and they sneak outside to steal a prison bus for the race. Once the race starts, Trevor gets speed, ignores the race, and heads straight to McKenzie Air Field where Lester has a private jet, and fake identities for them. They then fly out to Los Santos and go their seperate ways for the next 3 years. Michael then Plans on robbing a bank downtown. They all get together and plan on robbing trucks that would drop off the money. Once they get the money, they all go their separate ways.

(Story moves back to Franklin)

Once Franklin gets out of jail in 2013, he gets a job for Simeon repossessing cars. His first job is this brand new Buffalo MK2. Only one in the city of Los Santos. Franklin gets it and Simeon lets him keep it as a reward, but states that he is forever in his debt. Franklin and Lamar both get fired later for stealing the wrong car, but luckily for them, their friend Hao hosts street races at night, and lets both Franklin and Lamar race in them. Once Franklin wins a few races, he is able to do time trials to be able to win cars. 1: Sultan 2: Rapid GT 3: Bullet 4: Adder. One race, the cops come and everyone scrambles out of there. Franklin drives to the docks, in southern LS, where he gets a ride on a tanker ship to Paleto Bay. Once there, he makes a deal to help the local cops in exchange for being able to hide there.

End: Franklin drives back to LS, and he hears that his aunt won a lottery ticket, so she buys a new house in vinewood hills, and leaves Franklin with the old house. When Franklin goes inside, he sees a VHS Tape from at least the early 90's. He puts it in the TV and Realizes it's about his Aunts boyfriend who got killed. Carl Johnson.

shattered-minds

I'd have made Trevor one of two main antagonists, the other being a detective trying to track down and convict M, T and F of committing these heists. Trevor would have learned about Michaels betrayal half way through the game and have you playing as both Michael and Franklyn and also as Trevor as he tries to exact his revenge and maybe his own heists in competition with Michael.

I'd lose the FIB/IAA missions because although they are fun missions, they serve nothing to the story.

Jeansowaty

1.I'd add some execution scenes from IV.

2.Make Johnny kill Trevor at the beginning and him being a protag instead of Trevor :p

3.Add a choice to kill or spare Karen.

4.Make Michael shoot Molly at the hangar in the leg, retrieving the film reel. The plane wouldn't even show up during that part, her death was ridiciulous ._.