4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

RedBull FM

How was your day?

FearThoseWhoFearHim
Posted (edited)

One of those days where I came back to see old tutorials to create things and saved time and money just with some clicks, pretty good. :)

Edited by FearThoseWhoFearHim

HeavyDuke

Bad day, terrible really. I ruined my awesomely trimmed beard. It was perfect.  Now I have the smooth face looking all silky smooth like I'm 18 again. 

CanadianMuscle
7 minutes ago, HeavyDuke said:

Bad day, terrible really. I ruined my awesomely trimmed beard. It was perfect. Now I have the smooth face looking all silky smooth like I'm 18 again. 

Oh, I hate the baby face.

Beards are magnificent!

HeavyDuke
15 minutes ago, CanadianMuscle said:

Oh, I hate the baby face.

Beards are magnificent!

One day, manly beards will give us men the edge in the all out war against feminists. We shall be victorious.

trip

Well.  Wednesdays always suck for me.

And now it just got a bit worse.

I'm watching local news...yes, I'm that old.  A story came on that should not have exposed what it exposed.

Now I'm no baseball fan but when you are from Philadelphia, sports is a big part of growing up.  It's just that I'm not a fan of the sport of baseball as a whole.  Now football and hockey are a different story.

Anyway...for some reason we have mascots that have been around forever.  Heck, I understand they are farther reaching than just this city.

The Philly Phanatic.

245px-Phillie_Phanatic.jpg

He's been everywhere forever.

The stupid local news story was just talking to the guy who has been in the costume for 30+ years.  Now the illusion is broken.

I did not need to see the man.  It did kind of spoil my day... and I'm actually surprised they reveled the fact that the guy they were talking to was actually the Phanatic.

And I ramble

Leone Family
Posted (edited)

I could only describe my day as: unexpected. First, I got to work and realise that there is no one at the "Comptoir Service". So I just set myself up there instead of staying with our oldest employee of this department and he was ok with staying there alone. Then 30 mins later, he just leaves. Turns out his wife just died this morning. He dropped her off before going to work and she apparently suffered a heart attack right after and died on the sidewalk. Also, another employee's house burned down last week. Pretty tragic times for us.

May 10, 2019 Edit:

So today was my birthday. It rained just like every other day of my birthday since 2011 (except for 2015). It always rains on my birthday. Anyway, I'm going to work at around 7:40 am, since I'm officially the employee who takes over the schedule from J-M, (let's call him that to keep his anonymity) since his wife died 2 days ago. That means, I come early enough to hear the morning meeting. Right when I'm arriving, the store manager is saying (translated from Québec french): "So today is the 20th anniversary of..." I'm expecting to hear my name, but she goes on saying "... the hiring date of Venant! He's been with us for 20 years today!" I'm like wait a second, wtf. I go upstairs, and see this:

MxNO0BC.jpg

Congratulations, Venant, 20 years

Yup. Our guy at the sawing room was hired at the same moment that I was born. So when I pointed that coincidence to the store manager it made her realise that she completely forgot MY birthday. It was kinda funny, because in this canadian moment of polite panic in "f*ck we forgot him too" moment, it spread that news to everyone. So later that day, they added this sign:

S03hlZL.jpg

Also, happy bithday to David Lavoie! (He just turned 20 years old today)

And on my locker, was this:

Ft58Dle.jpg

So yeah, that day was pretty funny at work. We kept telling venant "Ça te rajeunit pas!" (That doesn't make you look young!). It made the atmosphere much better at work and made us almost forget about all the tragedies that have fallen on our employees these days.

Edited by Leone Family
Double posting is forbidden i guess

FearThoseWhoFearHim
Posted (edited)

I finally have my e-drums (toms, snare, kick) project done after some tweaks in the last week, just two irrelevant things visually but nothing important actually and add double pedal in two weeks.

I am just happy how the sounds respond exactly like the original pads except now with a proper size but with a lot of less noise, the hitting feel is awesome with my own mesh heads and looks better obviously.

I bought the drum kit slightly used with a half-price and doing this build the cost was like the original price of a new.

Now / Before.

ML2dJJr.jpg

Edited by FearThoseWhoFearHim

chronic lumbago

My day was so devastatingly boring that I decided to check out this place again.

So my life is back to normal.

Billy Russo

Crappy. I hate Sundays so much. Not only is it the day before I'm back at work, but literally it feels like life moves so slowly. 

HeavyDuke
Posted (edited)

Good day, good workout. As for tomorrow i expect it to be a less great of a day because sore ass/leg muscles. Don't you love it when soreness kicks in the next day after leg day?

Edited by HeavyDuke

JON22

I've had 2 hours sleep so my day is currently sh*t. Running on fumes. Only good thing is I managed to find a pair of black jeans and grey jeans that aren't skinny. Look almost normal. Not as loose in the legs as I'd like but they'll do.

Virtual-Antics

I rode the bus into the next town earlier. Saw a big cloud of smoke on the main route in. I thought it was gonna turn into Silent Hill but luckily it didn't. :D

CanadianMuscle

It's only springtime and it's already feeling like a scorching hot summer. The metal shop temperatures are dangerously high, that combined with wearing a heavy leather welding coat for up to 2 hours in between breaks. So needless to say i've been sweating my ass off, relying purely on several cups of coffee and not consecutive consumption of water.

HeavyDuke

Day was nice and hot. Kinda weird to see someone without a face walking in the park. He had an eye but the rest looked like some opened up can of.. face, it was all scrambled and nasty. Well good to see even people with the worst of luck in life just go out. Has to take some guts. Still kinda hard to watch though. Not trying to 'look' but you still see it.

Billy Russo

Today was good. Lately I've been really caring about myself more, and also learning when to say "No" to people. Not only that, I feel like I'm pushing myself to not pointlessly browse the internet and go out more.

trip

Its been a hell of a week.  I've been sick all week with a fever and all.  I've been going into work and then leaving...because I'm stupid sick.

Although it times OK.

My fence contractor is here removing my 40/50 year old chain link fence and replacing it with a fancy cedar fence.  Its exciting stuff for us here.  Yup...

HeavyDuke

I am surprised how much muscle I retain during this cut and got a couple compliments. Also my beard is looking good again..It was a positive day. 

JON22

Nothing special. I did see a guy standing in the middle of the pavement and taking a piss onto some grass while talking to someone as if it's normal to flash your sausage and piss in public, but I live 'round an area full of chavs so I wasn't really surprised by it. There's even a guy round the corner who's blind with a big bald head and wears women's clothing, as if it's normal.

😐🔫

HeavyDuke
28 minutes ago, JON22 said:

There's even a guy round the corner who's blind with a big bald head and wears women's clothing, as if it's normal.

😐🔫

Sinead O'Connor's cross-dressing blind brother.

Virtual-Antics

It's been pretty chill today despite having a rough time trying to sleep last night. My idiot neighbour REALLY kicked off after 10 pm with his anger management issues. I managed to get to sleep after midnight but woke up to the sound of loud music and him singing around 2:30 am. That's his schtick though. Also... He keeps playing the same half a dozen songs all year round. Last night it was Coward Of The County again. I went back to sleep at 3 am because I wasn't gonna let him ruin my sleep. 

Then I woke up again around 6:30 am to more loud music. I went back to sleep again and woke up around 7:45 am. I heard a bit more arguing with his girlfriend after 8 am this morning. Someone was also talking to him outside. Not sure if it was the police warning him about the noise. Then I heard a motorcycle revving loudly literally ten minutes later, which really pissed me off, because last year he parked it indoors and revved it late at night. 

Otherwise, I'm not letting it bother me. Living a good life is the best revenge.

FearThoseWhoFearHim

Just painting my room with better paint because the paint was using last years was trash.

trip

I'm getting over being sick and I slept in till 7:30.  Holy sh*t...that never happens!

Aside from all the regular Saturday morning shopping, I had to buy a new chainsaw.

And...I had to use my new chainsaw.

Feeling like a man.

HeavyDuke
4 hours ago, trip said:

I had to use my new chainsaw.

Feeling like a man.

Awesome man, you're almost like a half mechanical wolverine that has a chainsaw instead of claws and is sick instead of having super high regeneration. 

My day was meh, buyer came along 2 hours late while I was huffing and puffing because I was working out thinking he wouldn't show up anyway. He had some excuse I don't even remember. He bought the bike engine, that's all that mattered.

Edited by HeavyDuke

FearThoseWhoFearHim

Nice, thinking my plans to jump into Youtube and Twitch in the next days.

I know is gonna be hard but I have the soul to do it and I hope to get a decent living and leave my job, not be rich.

Billy Russo

I missed my bus, and ran for it, and had to pretend I wasn't running for it when it set off

Just power walking boys

giphy.gif

HeavyDuke

Today was like one of those days that would be totally skipped in a 80's montage. 

Billy Russo

Are Wednesdays ever good?

giphy.gif

trip
7 hours ago, Billy Russo said:

Are Wednesdays ever good?

Traditionally a bad day for me...and today was no different.  Actually today set a few new records.

Weird part of the day.  Out of nowhere I inherited a Mazada Miata.  No sh*t.