RedBull FM

How was your day?

MyNameHere

Very sick, but doing art is a remedy.

Edited by MyNameHere

trip

Long but with good news at the end.

Long story:

Watching my mother's dog(pug) for a week.  On Friday he had two scary seizures so we ran him to the emergency room.  We have a world renowned vet hospital right down the street.

Pugs are prone to a brain disease that kills pretty quick... seizures are a symptom.

Today he had an MRI and a spinal tap.

Good news.  No brain disease...just simple, manageable epilepsy.

mr quick

i got a message at 1pm asking me to sub for private music lessons, but I had a double drum lesson + practice at the time, so I didn't see or answer until about 3-ish. the sender didn't see that until 5, and had already booked someone else - so I can wave those 150 bucks goodbye. 
got home to relax a bit, and just now as I was about to go to bed, I closed my laptop. When I did that, the screen broke in an unfixable way, where the computer is still usable, but not portable or stable, defeating its purpose as a laptop computer. I got it as a b-stock (returned within the first 14 days, unused) at a greatly reduced price, so: 

1. i doubt i'll get my money back
  2. even if i do, it won't be enough to replace this pc since it was marked down by a lot

I can't afford a new pc. I had to sell beloved music gear just so I could eat and make rent. I don't have the bucks for a new pc. I've got a bunch of exams coming up too...  getting real sick of the curveballs

sivispacem

How do you know the screen is unfixable? I'd be very surprised if either new connectors or a new panel didn't sort it. Both are much cheaper than replacing the whole thing.

Purevil

Hook the laptop up to a monitor.   Install idisplay, spacedesk etc (google).   Use phone or laptop as a portable monitor until you can get it fixed or find a replacement.   Not sure if you can use tablets/phones as a primary display as I've only used the software for secondary purposes. 

thehambone

Had an impromptu jam session on Friday. I knew two of the guys, the other 3 I met for the first time during the jam session. I was on the drums the whole night. We probably played for about four hours; played lots of funk/jazz fusion with a little bit of rock'n'roll sprinkled in here and there. It was loads of fun. The next day I was asked to start a band with some of them, so I'm pretty excited about that. We're having another jam session this coming Saturday. Unfortunately, this is my last semester at university so I can only be in the band until Christmas rolls around. I'm not sure if everyone knows that yet, but I'm planning to tell them at our jam session on Saturday. Hopefully this won't disincentive the rest of the guys from forming the band; after all we all love to play music so I'm sure everyone will be down to play, even if it's only for another month and a half, but I am a bit concerned. Hopefully all goes well and we'll be able to squeeze in one or two house shows before the semester's out!

Edited by thehambone

Sanches

I've spotted Tyler1 today.

Jl4FPZk.jpg

mr quick
14 hours ago, sivispacem said:

How do you know the screen is unfixable? I'd be very surprised if either new connectors or a new panel didn't sort it. Both are much cheaper than replacing the whole thing.

I doubt that a new panel will work unfortunately - it's broken in a surprisingly severe way, and the metal frame itself is not only bent, but appears to have structural failure on the bend itself. :( 

12 hours ago, Purevil said:

Hook the laptop up to a monitor.   Install idisplay, spacedesk etc (google).   Use phone or laptop as a portable monitor until you can get it fixed or find a replacement.   Not sure if you can use tablets/phones as a primary display as I've only used the software for secondary purposes. 

Yeah, I'll just have to stick with it, but it's now effectively stationary, defeating its purpose. I have a meeting next week, and now I'll have to send my notes to my phone to read out and look like a fool. 
I'll call the store on friday, though. I'm busy during their office hours until then, although I'll write them an e-mail right now. 

sivispacem

You can usually remove and replace the entire frame as well.

Beato_dim
10 hours ago, mr quick said:

I have a meeting next week, and now I'll have to send my notes to my phone to read out and look like a fool. 

You can print them out, if that'll make you more respectable.

mr quick
14 hours ago, sivispacem said:

You can usually remove and replace the entire frame as well.

Ah cool. I'll see what the store says. 

Karami
On 8/4/2018 at 1:36 PM, Karami said:

So it went well. I helped out one person with a SoundCloud banner a couple of weeks ago, and another for YouTube thumbnails as of recent. I gave him about 5 of em’, but like always, I’m anxious about the aftermath of the conversation despite it being well.

Update on the Aftermath:

Never again. I’ve been lied to. f*ck!!! Ughh! I can’t believe I was that stupid to say yes and help out. What a waste of my time...I guess I’ll be better off working alone...I just hate being lied to.

Edited by Karami
Truncated the passage.

MyNameHere

Well, like any other great day, I made my day with this drawing doing today, I love it.

Edited by MyNameHere

JON22

Hoping I don't jinx it, *f1ne. Pigged out on a minced beef and onion and meat and potato pasties for my dinner, followed by two Cadbury chocolate mousse twin pots and two Mr Kipling slices with a cup of tea. I can work it off later cleaning toilets at work.

*being careful not to jinx it.

MyNameHere

Getting my Mountain Bike finally fixed, and I can't wait to winter rides. 🙂

Edited by MyNameHere