2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

RedBull FM

How was your day?

robotman5

tiring, i didn't sleep well at all last night.

universetwisters

sometimes I get so mad I wanna climb into someone's mouth and scream

universetwisters

Today I learned budgies can spit seeds at people.

My sister kept poking my blue budgie over and over until he spat a couple of seeds in her face. I thought it was just a one time thing, but then she poked the white one and she spat some seeds in her face too.

Never seen no sh*t like that before.

Watch out or your sister's gonna take your budgie and toss it out a window

Femme Fatale

tfw a close friend you thought was either dead or in prison suddenly sends you a message. It's been so long, I'm glad to know that he's okay, and, most importantly, hasn't changed one bit. :D

Panashe M. Sinclaire
Posted (edited)

Today was somewhat of an eye-opener, and a game changer.

Ever since 2 years ago I've been learning not to let the small, degenerate people, things, and anything, matter to me. All that came from a couple of wise words from my 11th grade English teacher, but what my instructor said the other day topped it all.

Last week, Wednesday, I came in at 7:40. Class officially starts at 8:30, so I have a good couple of minutes of silence and space. Eventually she came through the door and we struck up a conversation. I forgot where it started but we ended up touching a sensitive topic. She closed the door and took off her glasses and said "I'm not supposed to be telling you this, but I'm going to as a mother and a human being."

I chuckled nervously (this is where it begins to sound like a narrative, but I'm telling it the best way I remember it) and leaned back. "Okay," I said.

"Every day you come in, I can't help but to feel..." After a long pause to find the right word to say, she said, "disappointed." "Disappointed?" I repeated. She explained herself although I can only remember bits and pieces. "I can tell you're not passionate about this. I can see that you're trying, but the passion is just not there. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't want you to do something you're not passionate about and have the world miss out on what you have to offer." That put a significance boost on my confidence, as she knew that I was a writer and said that she could sense how bright/creative I was.

My 12th grade teacher said the same thing. I keep this paper where she wrote damn near 20 notes just praising me. Look at it every now and then when I'm feeling down. She told me I was special and I was ready for the college level.

Today I had another talk with my instructor. I told her I want to finish what I'm writing but I can't stop the inner perfectionist from criticizing and trashing it. I need it to be perfect, the first chapter to be the best, and the rest be better than that. I told her I've avoided allowing a publisher to view any of it because it's not the perfect version.

She told me that the enemy of good is better, and if I keep wanting to make it perfect, I might never finish it. I looked up the deeper meaning later, but it had truth to it. I've gotten as far as chapter 7 and trashed it all. Now I'm back on chapter 1 with fragments everywhere.

The last thing she told me was that even though it was unfinished and not as perfect as I wanted it to be, I should still submit a piece to a publisher, but even if I get bad feedback, I have dozens of other ideas on standby because that's how my mind works. She said that. For a second I thought she read my mind. I rarely think about how I come off to other people, but talk about reading someone. That was just what I needed to hear.

So all of the rants, replying, arguing, stops. Time I spend writing a response is time I can spend finishing chapters. Time I spend reacting is time I can spend moving on. Time I spend focusing on irrelevancy is time I can spend publishing all of the years of building, writing, and shaping a universe.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste, both in short supply of use and thankfulness. I've been blessed with a gift, and I need to realize that.

Edited by Lucius M. Galloway

Mr. Scratch

Man, I've met a lot of psychos in my time but none as f*cking boring as you. How can one person kiss their own ass as often as you do? And by the way, no offense, but your writing is about as imaginative as my drunken ramblings on a Saturday night.

Sanches

most importantly, hasn't changed one bit.

So he's still dead or in prison?

Blaze

Man, I've met a lot of psychos in my time but none as f*cking boring as you. How can one person kiss their own ass as often as you do? And by the way, no offense, but your writing is about as imaginative as my drunken ramblings on a Saturday night.

tfw ur teacher gives u the same positivity they give everyone else in their last year of hs and this somehow makes u a supreme curator of the literary art

Inttelix

Exactly the same I was thinking..

robotman5

Pretty good actually.

universetwisters

Ever since 2 years ago I've been learning not to let the small, degenerate people, things, and anything, matter to me.

Is that why you literally killed some birds because they annoy you?

robotman5

Exhausted all day. :yawn:

HolyGrenadeFrenzy

Exactly the same I was thinking..

Hey, you two f*ckwits back off of Saturday Night Ramblings.....much of that is pure literary gold, comparatively, and it's your fellowships, location and decorum that make you suffer instead of what night it is. Comparing it to L. Galloway is unfair to the positive experiences from the energy of a good night of company and joy. I stand against your bias.

Raise your level of cultural experience and exchange of good will.

Absar J Khan

Yesterday was damn rainy day,roads were being flooded,it was difficult to walk through the water,it happened unexpectedly.In the night,I went outside to buy some gifts.

Panashe M. Sinclaire
Posted (edited)

BTG

Panashe M. Sinclaire
Posted (edited)

I've been told I needed a mentor. The only one that's mentor worthy is the one who's been there through the rain and the fall.

I'm really doing this. Huh.

Now all of my time will be devoted to finishing chapter 1.

Be back in a week.

universetwisters

I've been told I needed a mentor. The only one that's mentor worthy is the one who's been there through the rain and the fall.

I hope your mentor can teach you that there's better outlets for your anger than killing birds.

OT - I finally signed up for college classes after four years. Oh boy gonna be doing autocad designing. I did two years of it in high school but I sucked the second, hopefully I can get a better grasp on what I didn't get in high school and make a go of it.

Short Stay

I'm really doing this. Huh.

Now all of my time will be devoted to finishing chapter 1.

Be back in a week.

Funny you should say that. Reading your posts I had the feeling that you were some kind of literary bot. Like one that had been fed Catcher In The Rye and a whole load of similar American fiction, and then let loose on GTAForums.

trip
Posted (edited)

Painful but thank goodness for the little things.

This showed up on the elevator I use at work. Keep in mind I work on the top floor where the elevators only go down...and there is a tourist attraction accessed from my floor.

2A8sPB3.jpg

*someone on my staff is the guilty party. ;)

This is from today's dog walk.

L6j7CKg.jpg

*in case you can't read it, it says "go make me a taco yo!".

Edited by trip

JON22

Ate a 75p 3 meat pizza for my tea. Best pizza ever. I love buying cheap.

Sanches
Posted (edited)

Finally spend a hot day without regrets of sitting and wiping my sweat.
Got a couple of bros and went for a picnic to grill some meat. One boi brought his airsoft gun and we did a little shooting competition. I think i got 2nd place after all. I'll try to attach a couple of photos later. I think it was one of the most exciting days in my past 2 years, cuz airsoft.

Pro tip: you can annoy some people by teaching them how to hold gun right.

I thought that this should be mentioned.

A couple of days ago, my flatmate wanted to watch WWE or something like that live. Like he literally prepared for a fight show, got himself some drinks and stuff. But due to time zone difference, he had to wait for a show till ~4AM.
His best idea was to ask me to accompany him and i was actually down for that. Can't remember the last time i watched live fights show. So it's finally 4AM and show begins. KO at the first minute.
Can't express his rage.

Edited by Sanches

universetwisters

Me and my manager and an old coworker we haven't spoken to in five months came over to my house last night and played with my train set for four hours. It was a good time

Absar J Khan

Nothing interesting today,it was a sunny day.In the afternoon,there were clouds in the sky,I thought it would be rain but not.Also taking preparation cause holy month is coming soon.

MyNameHere

drawing and drawing and drawing and drawing, sexy ink pen make my day.

Miro

Weird, procrastinating when I am soon due with a deadline on a project. Somewhat isolated and lonely, somewhat worried and bored. Kind of weird feeling. Also got exams ahead which cause some level of anxiety, but I feel rested physically at least. So all in all I have a confusing day.

trip

Well my hot water heater decided to die today. So that sucks sweaty balls.

Dealing with this kinda stuff in this city can be challenging. I currently don't have "a plumber" and here you have to/need "a guy". Argh!

Absar J Khan

The last two days went full boring as it weren't off days,the previous of these days were holoday,you know after taking rest in holidays,how does it feel to go in your regular work again? :D

thehambone

Just moved into my new apartment in California that I'll be living in for the next three months. It's so much different than the midwest.

trip

Weird day here with a mix of sunshine, high heat, and the crazy rainy downpour tossed in. Sunny now.

Took a picture of my dinner.

ZTp8rNy.jpg

CRAZY AL WARD

I'm considering Renting to Own my Grandfather's old house in walking distance of my family street on my home island...

(Yes I'm an islander)

The rent is fair: Around $375/month and i need my own place to live instead of being forced to be living in a Non-government Group Home

Other than that: pretty good for a monday :lol: