Michael's Descent

Mightymomo22

By the end of the story Michael Amanda & the kids are back to being happy.

Same with Michael & Trevor. But yet other people still make him mad not as mad as He used to get . Why make someone who's Italian Decent mad. It's not gonna end well.

Michael's Italian? Thought he was born in the Midwest

Edited by Gta-freak-VI
  • Like 1

Michael's usually angered by Tracey's social life, as we can see in the game. He's often called psychopath, but towards the end of game, he starts to accept his borderline sociopath attitude and works on his anger issues. It's normal for a guy like him, with a difficult family.

Detective Phelps

Michael's Italian? Thought he was born in the Midwest

He was born in the Midwest. I don't think he's Italian-American though. He's probably of German descent, as this is the case for most Caucasians from the midwest.

• Like 2

Im willing to bet everything I have that Michael isnt of Italian desent. If it is any of the europen countries then it will either be Irish, German or British.

• Like 2

EntretainMeOrDie

make someone who's Italian Decent mad. It's not gonna end well.

Like someone is buying this bullsh*t. OH NO THE GUY HALF MY SIZE IS ANGRY! OMG BEING ANGRY IS SO SPECIAL. Everyone is angry, but some control themselfes, and some act like the animals they are. Italians are not special, if anything, the russian mob would screw them over any day. Considering they are both dead by now but at the time they were omre active i'd put my money on the russians, decent does not affect personalities, only alzheimer. Hey, i'd be angry too if i had alzheimer! Michael has alzheimer! He forgets about his family and does horrible things because of that!111oneone!!

Seriouzlie now, wasn't he canadian? So he must have an european side to him.

Edited by EntretainMeOrDie

Cutter De Blanc

Michael is an American. Probably a total mutt. He has anger issues, that doesn't make him italian. :p

What evidence do we have that Michael is Italian? There's no mention of his ethnic make-up, and his name, Townley gives no indication to any particular root, there's nothing to suggest any details of his descent in the game.

Edited by jarredxmorris

• 2 months later...

This thread was started to discuss Michael's anger problems but now it's for talking about where he was born.

CyborgZombieJesus

make someone who's Italian Decent mad. It's not gonna end well.

Like someone is buying this bullsh*t. OH NO THE GUY HALF MY SIZE IS ANGRY! OMG BEING ANGRY IS SO SPECIAL. Everyone is angry, but some control themselfes, and some act like the animals they are. Italians are not special, if anything, the russian mob would screw them over any day. Considering they are both dead by now but at the time they were omre active i'd put my money on the russians, decent does not affect personalities, only alzheimer. Hey, i'd be angry too if i had alzheimer! Michael has alzheimer! He forgets about his family and does horrible things because of that!111oneone!!

Seriouzlie now, wasn't he canadian? So he must have an european side to him.

It's funny that you member status is 'shut up, sit down, and relax' as you are the one getting butt hurt about a simple observation.

Secondly both La Cosa Nostra and R.O.C are still very much active, all over the world. Especially in the States.

Thirdly, the condition is called Alzheimer's, not Alzheimer.

Lastly it is Trevor who is Canadian.

I also would just like to say, if Michael comes from the Mid West, he can certainly be of any number of cultural heritages. Just because you come from the Mid West doesn't mean you have to be of German decent. However this is most likely true. It's just a game guys, don't go reading too much in to it.

Na na, he aint Italian. He is off Irish Decent. No way he is Italian. He has them green eyes, and his voice actor, kind of has that type of accent, definently Irish.

TheDeaconBosco

Am I the only one who thought that Townley was a very British sounding name from the moment I've first heard it...

Also, it's not Celtic but anglo-saxon coming since most sources point the origin of the name to the residents of a town named Towneley situated in Lancashire. But like most americans I'd expect that he's a metling pot of different ethincities such as british celtic, italian, and perhaps even german considering they're the first ethnocentric group in the midwest where Michael lived.

EDIT: @Phoenix, green eyes are you kidding, they're blue.

Edited by TheDeaconBosco

Name-IV-Classique.png

WildBrick142

Changed title to be more accurate with the discussion in there.

universetwisters

I think he's Irish. The tattoo choices in the tattoo parlor are a dead giveaway

sTgL5iS.png

irish.jpg

GTA Wiki is always right.

7IRRWBJ.png

Am I the only one who thought that Townley was a very British sounding name from the moment I've first heard it...

Also, it's not Celtic but anglo-saxon coming since most sources point the origin of the name to the residents of a town named Towneley situated in Lancashire. But like most americans I'd expect that he's a metling pot of different ethincities such as british celtic, italian, and perhaps even german considering they're the first ethnocentric group in the midwest where Michael lived.

EDIT: @Phoenix, green eyes are you kidding, they're blue.

Bro, they are green. They were green in the beta trailers, and are green in the game too.

most sources point the origin of the name to the residents of a town named Towneley situated in Lancashire.

Townley (or Towneley) isn't a town. It's the name of a family who lived just outside the town of Burnley in Lancashire.

Here is Towneley Hall:

towneley_hall.jpg

http://www.burnley.gov.uk/residents/towneley-hall

Edited by Barefoot Tiger
  • Like 1

universetwisters

^ didn't they film the new batman movie there?

sTgL5iS.png

Yep. Italians have olive colored skin.

Italians don't look one way, there's many that have pale skin and light features. Michael is obviously Irish American.

TheDeaconBosco

irish.jpg

GTA Wiki is always right.

Fair point, I totally forgot about those tattoos... But it still feels that Townley is one of those very very British surnames, like "Button" or "Humphries" or something.

@ Phoenix

MichaelDeSanta-GTAV.png

In this picture Michael's eyes seem more Gray than anything...

Name-IV-Classique.png

Not Spanish, or Chinese, or British, or f*cking Dutch! (He might might be partly dutch)