2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
wiizardii

Is GTA V's Storyline a Hollywood movie inspired or something?

Dope_0110

You didn't notice that every GTA, especially noticeable after III, was heavily influenced by movies or general pop culture of which movies and tv shows are a big part of?

Come on, nobody needs to telly you V is inspired by heist movies such as Heat or The Italian Job, it's obvious if you've ever watched one heist movie. Rockstar doesn't hide it either, they make a parody of real life everything, so missions and storyline are a good chance to parody real life movie scenes and storylines.

Edited by Dope_0110

BLOOD

You didn't notice that every GTA, especially noticeable after III, was heavily influenced by movies or general pop culture of which movies and tv shows are a big part of?

Come on, nobody needs to telly you V is inspired by heist movies such as Heat or The Italian Job, it's obvious if you've ever watched one heist movie. Rockstar doesn't hide it either, they make a parody of real life everything, so missions and storyline are a good chance to parody real life movie scenes and storylines.

That Because GTA is the #1 Crime Game Franchise,so it needs Real-life references,movies and crime related issues for each games in the Franchise. That why GTA is the world "Most Controversial Game Franchise" it doesnt shy away from mimicking Real-life Problems i.e.Gangs Wars,Drug Dealings,Racism,Steroestype,Sex,Violence etc.and it been doing it for over 17 years (1997-2014) and still stick to it Roots.In shorts GTA 2 (1999) was the Only game in the Series to be rated Teens.Damn TBoGT which was a bit over the top had a Mature tone esp when Armando and Hernandez are talking in cutscenes.TLAD inspired SoA but it the Greatest Biker Gang game ever made.Even SoA Procuders loved it and was proud of it. Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond

elflamingo2

It seems to be a love letter to LA movies : Heat, Collateral, Die Hard, etc.

Dope_0110

That Because GTA is the #1 Crime Game Franchise,so it needs Real-life references,movies and crime related issues for each games in the Franchise. That why GTA is the world "Most Controversial Game Franchise" it doesnt shy away from mimicking Real-life Problems i.e.Gangs Wars,Drug Dealings,Racism,Steroestype,Sex,Violence etc.and it been doing it for over 17 years (1997-2014) and still stick to it Roots.In shorts GTA 2 (1999) was the Only game in the Series to be rated Teens.Damn TBoGT which was a bit over the top had a Mature tone esp when Armando and Hernandez are talking in cutscenes.TLAD inspired SoA but it the Greatest Biker Gang game ever made.Even SoA Procuders loved it and was proud of it.

Please, just stop it. Unless you are going to lead a normal, human communication then do not ever answer my posts, even better, do not post on the forums at all.

We've seen all of your ''info posts'' and there's no need to repeat them, you never say anything new and sound like a broken record playing on loop.

BLOOD

That Because GTA is the #1 Crime Game Franchise,so it needs Real-life references,movies and crime related issues for each games in the Franchise. That why GTA is the world "Most Controversial Game Franchise" it doesnt shy away from mimicking Real-life Problems i.e.Gangs Wars,Drug Dealings,Racism,Steroestype,Sex,Violence etc.and it been doing it for over 17 years (1997-2014) and still stick to it Roots.In shorts GTA 2 (1999) was the Only game in the Series to be rated Teens.Damn TBoGT which was a bit over the top had a Mature tone esp when Armando and Hernandez are talking in cutscenes.TLAD inspired SoA but it the Greatest Biker Gang game ever made.Even SoA Procuders loved it and was proud of it.

Please, just stop it. Unless you are going to lead a normal, human communication then do not ever answer my posts, even better, do not post on the forums at all.

We've seen all of your ''info posts'' and there's no need to repeat them, you never say anything new and sound like a broken record playing on loop.

Like i said i dont care what 90% of people on the forum thinks of me (and that includes YOU) afterall you dont know me and will never be,and it just Internet ;)

Arnold Stallone

Don't know if this is just a coincidence or intentional but as I was playing the prison break heist with a friend and he mentioned that Rashkovsky kind of looks like Cyrus from Con Air with glasses.
Both Cyrus and Rashkovsky are supposed to have exceptionally high IQ's and attempt to escape from prison in an airplane. Don't know if it's intentional but a funny little coincidence anyway if it's not.

LnRBv0R.gif?1x3e5aq.jpg

Edited by Arnold Stallone

Shakermaker

Just look:

Also. Vice City ending mission is very similar to the Scarface last shootout (SAY HELLO TO MY LITLLE FRIEND!):

stobe187

Are you saying that....GTA includes some pop culture references??! MIND BLOWN.

Edited by stobe187

Pedinhuh

It's a bunch of heists movies rolled up together, but mostly these:

-Heat;
-Italian Job;
-LA Takedown;
-Ocean's Eleven;

Important to notice that the whole FIB narritve doesn't fit in anywhere in these movies.

Cheatz/Trickz

Inspired by Michael Mann. When Trevor and Michael hang out, Trevor says; "Michael, man, good to see you".

Inspired by Michael Mann. When Trevor and Michael hang out, Trevor says; "Michael, man, good to see you".

Yeah but too bad that the story is not and doesn't feel at all like a Michael Mann movie :cry:

Edited by shqrk

Osho

Some interesting interviews worth reading:

Dan Houser: The aim is to take the over-the-top stories that gamers might know from Hollywood and make them available for players to actually experience in the game.

[link]

"We're using the environment to let us have toys we couldn't have had otherwise. And equally, we're using the story and environment to introduce missions that can be more extreme. In some ways we wanted the game to have a larger-than-life Hollywood feel; the stories we heard in LA, we wanted to capture them in the game. If the place isn't informing what we're doing, we're not using it correctly."

TommyMontana

I can see some Tony Soprano and Henry Hill thing in Michael,the love for the criminal life(both),the problematic family(both),the witness protection(Henry),the love for old movie's(Tony),the depression and the therapy(Tony),the musical taste(Tony)

Fuzzknuckles

Yeah but too bad that the story is not and doesn't feel at all like a Michael Mann movie :cry:

Kind of glad it didn't... Michael Mann's movies are largely rubbish. Heat is a mess, a complete bore-fest. LA Takedown, the original version of Heat, is WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY better.

Mister Pinkerton

Really? A bore-fest? But I have to agree, Mann films are mostly muck.

Anyway, OP, looking for films that inspired GTA.. Look at this trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TqaVEIUw4U

ChiroVette

Some interesting interviews worth reading:

Dan Houser: The aim is to take the over-the-top stories that gamers might know from Hollywood and make them available for players to actually experience in the game.

[link]

"We're using the environment to let us have toys we couldn't have had otherwise. And equally, we're using the story and environment to introduce missions that can be more extreme. In some ways we wanted the game to have a larger-than-life Hollywood feel; the stories we heard in LA, we wanted to capture them in the game. If the place isn't informing what we're doing, we're not using it correctly."

Wow awesome interview! Really captures the feel and style of V. Thanks for posting this!

I love this line:

"...we wanted a fresh take on what it means to be a criminal in this world of hyper-real Americana."

Just awesome!

Its great the way they weaved all of the governmental intrigue into an LA Crime Drama. I guess this is why Dan Houser gets the big money! :)

Fuzzknuckles

Really? A bore-fest?

Heat is three hours long and the only bits anyone really cares about are the main heist and the 2 minutes DeNiro and Pacino spend on-screen together.

What about the other 2 hours and 20 minutes? You know, the really awkwardly long bit where DeNiro gets it on with a woman 30 years younger than him and Al Pacino chews on the scenery whilst calling into question any acting accolade he's ever received. It's such a boring film. I really liked it the first time I saw it, but it absolutely doesn't hold up over a second watch. Again, I'll take LA Takedown over Heat every time, just because it's half as long and isn't weighed down by the presence of its bloated cast.

ChiroVette

Really? A bore-fest?

Heat is three hours long and the only bits anyone really cares about are the main heist and the 2 minutes DeNiro and Pacino spend on-screen together.

What about the other 2 hours and 20 minutes? You know, the really awkwardly long bit where DeNiro gets it on with a woman 30 years younger than him and Al Pacino chews on the scenery whilst calling into question any acting accolade he's ever received. It's such a boring film. I really liked it the first time I saw it, but it absolutely doesn't hold up over a second watch. Again, I'll take LA Takedown over Heat every time, just because it's half as long and isn't weighed down by the presence of its bloated cast.

I totally get what you're saying. But I actually really like Heat. Then again, I have been a huge Deniro and Pacino fan for a very long time. I loved Deniro as the young Vito Corleone and, obviously, Pacino as Michael. So to see them together again almost 30 years later was just awesome. And despite the fact that there isn't a whole lot of interaction between the two on screen, they are still both playing their respective parts very well.

I will say that I probably like that movie a helluva lot more because Deniro and Pacino are the leads than I would if it were two other actors in their slots.

Shakermaker

Ronin is similar to GTA IV.

@Fuzzknuckles: Well, Heat has some good action sequences and a great acting by De Niro and Al Pacino. The ending disappointed me a little bit though.

Arnold Stallone

I was recently re-watching Goodfellas for probably the 5th time and noticed something that may interest some people here.

This gentleman from the movie does look strikingly similar to Agent ULP from the game. 

vlcsnap-2018-10-09-17h36m39s275.png

The_Contact-_GTAV.png

Edited by Arnold Stallone

TBickle

The security guard grabbing Michael during the prologue is very similar to this scene in The Town (2008)