2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Fun 2

Weapons information By Game files

Kampioen

OK gotcha. The time to kill is different depending on the players rank. I think strength effects it as well

Yeah. Interesting results on your accuracy test. Have you repeated the test multiple times?

Vicarious Mind

Yes when not zoomed in they're all about the same.

Vicarious Mind

The Gusenberg is extremely inaccurate, I'd avoid using that if you can. The range is also terrible as well.

Saturn 3

I've found the special carbine to be more damaging than the advanced or carbine at a longer range, although less accurate and more importantly, slower to aim...

Lot of pvp testing haha

senormidget

Another good find funmw2.

Is there a range stat in there? (can't view the code on mobile, only saw the spreadsheet at the bottom)

I've always felt like the carbine has the best range out of the ARs, would be nice to see if my gut feeling is right.

sSphInXx

Is there a range stat in there? (can't view the code on mobile, only saw the spreadsheet at the bottom)

I've always felt like the carbine has the best range out of the ARs, would be nice to see if my gut feeling is right.

I used the Special carbine for a bit, I only use it as close to medium range now...if it comes down to medium distance gun fights I always use the normal Carbine unlocked at level 42. My fav gun, both in terms of looks and functionality. Much easier to make a free aim kill with it than the special carbine too!

senormidget

I used the Special carbine for a bit, I only use it as close to medium range now...if it comes down to medium distance gun fights I always use the normal Carbine unlocked at level 42. My fav gun, both in terms of looks and functionality. Much easier to make a free aim kill with it than the special carbine too!

Agreed, regular carbine is pretty much the only AR I use lately.

Desu Nei

Do you have the stats for the new bullpup rifle yet? (Patch 1.13)

Gaffa

Bump.

Sorry to rush you chaps, just wondering if it's honestly worthwhile. Thx.

Vicarious Mind

From the looks of it and my own independent testing I'd say no.

Its got the same accuracy as the Combat MG but the rate of fire and damage are the same as the Combat MG.

It just doesn't have the Range or High Capacity Magazine like the Combat MG.

Might as well just use the Combat MG if you have it.

TheMckeever

Sawn-off is my favorite gun for close range freeaiming.

Good thread mate. Nice info.

H8GodMode

Just tell me which guns I can throw away. I still haven't done that.

this....

i been ditching all my guns i dont want to use... and im stuck between the assault rifles... i just cant figure out which one is the most well rounded... they all seem highly close statistically, with slight differences.

if only that chart you made included the special carbine, bullpup rifle and range i would be golden...

Ai®a©ob®a

Man this is a major necofilla thread week or something next we'll have a thread that hasn't had a reply since September be necroed yet.

But this isn't a bad thread to necro though and people have put some actual though and make their reason for bumping it worth it.

Sunnycyde

Bump.

Yes the bullpup rifle is worthwhile. All the assault rifles are so close in stats that it really doesn't matter which u use. Personally I use the special carbine and bullpup rifle mainly with advanced rifle in third place.

Edited by Sunnycyde

bloatedsack

Bump.

Yes the bullpup rifle is worthwhile. All the assault rifles are so close in stats that it really doesn't matter which u use. Personally I use the special carbine and bullpup rifle mainly with advanced rifle in third place.

Advanced Rifle > All other ARs.

It was a no brainer between Advanced and Special; the latter wasn't even fit to be carried on the weapon wheel compared to the Advanced.

The Bullpup is a little closer, and I think once you do it up with grip and optics, it might be more accurate than the Advanced, but its still the lesser weapon.

Nothing clears a room quicker than the Advanced Rifle and someone who knows how to flick between targets and knock 'em down then cycle back to finish them off. The BP's ROF isn't nearly as good as the Advanced.

Close in, its a tie between the Gusenberg and the Assault SMG. The Guse is faster and hits hard, bu the ASMG is more accurate to a much better range.

In pistols its all AP, all the time. Everything else simply sucks in comparision. Eff your Heavy Pistol nonsense.

Zondar

Yeps, I concur with Mr/Ms. Sack.

ROF makes the Advanced the most effective rifle.

I only keep a Carbine on the wheel cause sometimes, just sometimes you can take someone out with it who's driving by at great speeds. (I'm autoaim btw) Never managed that trick with the Advanced.

Vicarious Mind

Carbine is the best for free aiming and shooting people out of cars I noticed.

Q_Man

I don't need a spreadsheet to know my d.e. destroys ppl.

Rented

Very helpful, but the mini-gun is capped at 9999 but can hold 15000 ?

Every weapon in every GTA (after III)has a limited ammo storage at 9999, even with modifications it will show 9999 even tho it stores more, it will start decreasing once it's bellow 9999 however in GTA San Andreas if you hold more than 9999 rounds the numbers will not show unless it's at 9999 again(or bellow)

BTW OP you can get banned if you post original game files

TheGoodSgtScooter

I still use the Gusenberg as my go - to gun for everything. Free aim, lock on, deathmatches, I love it. It is also a reference to Frank/Peter Gusenberg. Got to love historical references.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Gusenberg

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Gusenberg

A fitting name.

Kampioen

I'll do some calculations to see which assault rifle (or combat MG) kills fastest when locked on to a player.

Carbine Rifle:

Damage value="32.000000"

TimeBetweenShots value="0.135000"

Takes 4 shots to kill. (4x32=128)

4 shots fired in 0.405 seconds. (3x0.135=0.405)

Advanced Rifle:

Damage value="34.000000"

TimeBetweenShots value="0.120000"

Takes 3 shots to kill. (3x34=102)

3 shots fired in 0.24 seconds. (2x0.12=0.24)

Special Carbine:

Damage value="32.000000"

TimeBetweenShots value="0.135000"

Same as Carbine Rilfe. 4 shots, 0.405 seconds.

Combat MG:

Damage value="32.000000"

TimeBetweenShots value="0.108000"

Takes 4 shots to kill. (4x32=128)

4 shots fired in 0.324 seconds. (3x0.108=0.324)

This is all assuming that:

1. "TimeBetweenShots value" is measured in seconds.

2. 100 damage kills a player.

3. The shots themselves take no time.

I don't know if any of the above are true, but under these conditions the Advanced Rifle would by far be the fastest. I think a level 1 player with the lowest max health would die at 100 damage, I don't know what happens when your max health improves. Unfortunately we don't have the stats for the Bullpup Rifle. One thing I don't get is why it says the Combat MG has the fastest fire rate out of these guns. As far as I know it's pretty slow, definately slower than the Advanced Rifle.

I'll test some of this next time I play with a friend.

Vicarious Mind

Damage drops off over range though I believe. When I tested it, it seemed that the Advanced took more than 3 shots to kill and was equal to the others in terms of bullets to kill.

Tested with Rank 100+ players so that we all had max health.

Kampioen

Damage drops off over range though I believe. When I tested it, it seemed that the Advanced took more than 3 shots to kill and was equal to the others in terms of bullets to kill.

At roughly what distance did you shoot? The Advanced Rifle is pretty inaccurate as you showed in your picture so is it possible that some shots may have missed? I think the three shots are for a level 1 as I explained in my post. My guess would be that they die at 100 damage, and higher level players die at a higher damage value.

GrandTheftBatman

The AP pistol is super OP. More damage and speed than all the SMGs. The SMGs are pretty useless then.

Vicarious Mind

At roughly what distance did you shoot? The Advanced Rifle is pretty inaccurate as you showed in your picture so is it possible that some shots may have missed? I think the three shots are for a level 1 as I explained in my post. My guess would be that they die at 100 damage, and higher level players die at a higher damage value.

It's possible, but the test was repeated several times. I don't understand how the damage values work because of all the different ranks but I'm most concerned with 100+ ranks because those are the ones that cause the most trouble. lol

Range was 0 (Point blank), Then we tested it again at about 25 feet. The shots quickly increased to kill the enemy, This is where the Combat MG shines. Taking only about 3-4 shots to kill someone at range while the others taking about 5-6.

Vicarious Mind

The AP pistol is super OP. More damage and speed than all the SMGs. The SMGs are pretty useless then.

Yep, but the Assault Shotgun decimates all at pretty much any range where the AP pistol is super effective.

For me it's.

Assault Shotgun then Advanced Rifle, then Combat MG depending on the range. Thats how I have my weapon wheel setup. AP pistol of course for when I enter cars or if I feel like using it over the Shotgun. The range on the AP pistol isn't that good and the lock on range is pretty bad so why put your self at a disadvantage?

I'm still trying to test out which weapon is best for shooting griefers out of cars such as Entities and such. i find the Advanced to be just as accurate for the first few shots as the Carbine but then the recoil is much higher causing it to be less accurate than the carbine.

Best way to shoot people out of cars is to lock on (Assisted Aim) and tap fire while standing still with your rifle of choice. Right now I'm using the Advanced for that. My accuracy and headshots are actually almost identical between the two. and I have thousands of kills with both.

Bill_Assassin

Knife

AP Pistol

Advanced Rifle

Assault Shotgun

Heavy Sniper

Sticky Bomb(s)

Grenade Launcher

RPG

^ All the weapons that you'll ever need in GTA Online.

Arya35

You only need the heavy sniper and ap pistol, and maybe the auto shotgun. The sniper is the most versatile weapon.

Heffe707

It looks like the AP Pistol to the face is more devastating than the Assault Shotgun?

supershocked

Do you place gta disk in pc to look at the files